Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! Update p20 [Merged]

Re: Michael Jackson Estate Signs Huge Deal With Cirque du Soleil! ALL THREADS

Just because it's endorsed by his estate it doesn't mean it would've had Michael's blessing.

But then I guess you could say the same for This Is It. Difference with that though, is at least with the movie you got to see a part of Michael's vision. I don't really care how some acrobat chooses to interpret Billie Jean.

True but there has been talk of a Cirque du Solei deal for years before Michael passed so I think he would be very happy with this. What breaks my heart is that he isn't here to see it.

True but there has been talk of a Cirque du Solei deal for years before Michael passed so I think he would be very happy with this. What breaks my heart is that he isn't here to see it.
Exactly, you look at those Cirque de Soleil shows and you just know that stuff was right up Michael's alley. I'm more then positive that if he was still with us, he would be tickled pink at the prospect of the entire thing.

And the fact that they are talking about using NEW technology and 3-D would have certainly put a big ole smile on Michael face, in my opinion.

yes they are fantastic!!I saw them ones and also had the chance to see them promoting the show the days before around town where you least aspect them to be in full stage dresses!they have this passion for what they do and the ability to interact with audience lol,they are not only extremely talented but also very ironic and funny.

yes, they are!!
I went to Alegría, and it was really magnificent.
Yes, very funny guys, but they also had such a wonderfully sweet and smooth way to make you reflect on your daily life. There's a whole concept around each show, and it goes far beyond some "acrobats jumping" as someone said. Cirque is passion, expression, music, sounds, dance, movements, love, colors, tears and shivers. So many emotions. They are not simply another show: they are an experience.

So the combination of this magnificent artists and Michael Jackson is simply the only possible choice. It comes natural.

Yes, it came too late.
Yes, $ony will make more money.
Yes, it was decided by the Estate, not by MJ himself.
Yes, there will be lots of memorabilia.

We can't be blind to all those facts. But let's be honest. What do we want? What on earth could we possibly be offered that would really please us ALL? What about Michael Jackson will not ultimately benefit the sales of his music, and so, of $ony?

Let's face it: NOTHING.

Whatever project might come, no matter how good, that will be always comming too late for MJ is not here to enjoy/approve/reject it. Whatever actions are taken by the Estate, it would be always "the Estate's" and some of us (me included) will always wonder if Michael himself would have wanted that. Whatever project labeled "Michael Jackson" should benefit his record sales, which will always benefit $ony.

So what else can we do? Do they have us on their hands and we have no way out? Brave fans do have their chance: if we don't agree, we can always not buy tickets/records/BR/DVDs/movies/memorabilia/books. We will always remain in full command of our OWN actions so we, as fans, can always decide.

This is our reality now.

For the only thing that would really make us happy... that is not a thing, for a person dear to all of us.

And he is no more.

I wanted to be posive... but at the end of the day, it's too sad to hide it :cry:

I'm sorry.

I know Cirque said that they're producing an arena-touring show but do you think they're gonna make this worldwide? I hope they do because I would so love to see this in the UK- I don't think I'll be able to make it to the U.S to see it unless the Las Vegas production stays for a very long time- which it I'm almost sure it will *fingers crossed*!

Have the Beatles Love and Viva Elvis shows toured as well as having their permanent Las Vegas fixtures?

I know Cirque said that they're producing an arena-touring show but do you think they're gonna make this worldwide? I hope they do because I would so love to see this in the UK- I don't think I'll be able to make it to the U.S to see it unless the Las Vegas production stays for a very long time- which it I'm almost sure it will *fingers crossed*!

Have the Beatles Love and Viva Elvis shows toured as well as having their permanent Las Vegas fixtures?

Yes, it is going worldwide for several years.

2011 in North America, then once the permanent show opens in Vegas in 2012, the first show is going worldwide.

This news is all over the papers today here in Montreal, where the Cirque du Soleil headquarters are located.

Yes, it is going worldwide for several years.

2011 in North America, then once the permanent show opens in Vegas in 2012, the first show is going worldwide.

Yay, that is makes the news even more exciting!

and MichaelJacksonOne I agree. They presented that trailer well. :)

Exactly, you look at those Cirque de Soleil shows and you just know that stuff was right up Michael's alley. I'm more then positive that if he was still with us, he would be tickled pink at the prospect of the entire thing.

And the fact that they are talking about using NEW technology and 3-D would have certainly put a big ole smile on Michael face, in my opinion.
That caught my attention too, something Michael would've probably been very excited about.. :)

The trailer is amazing
Looks amazing. So the show is really going to tour internationally too?

I just went to look for news reports saying that it's going international and I found one:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hiRIDWcXMC4vMiNTjyY1CffE2EIQD9F74CT82

The touring show, which will begin in North America before branching out around the world, will be a simulation of a Jackson concert, while the Las Vegas show will be more theatrical and more technologically advanced, Lamarre said.

Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson Show To Be A Thriller

April 21, 2010 - 11:34 am
by Katie EvansBio | Email
Katie Evans is an associate reporter on the
Forbes Global Wealth Team.

Michael Jackson's legendary Thriller zombie dance is about to get crazier. About 10 months after the untimely death of the King of Pop, his estate executors have partnered with Cirque du Soleil for an MJ-themed tour and permanent show in Las Vegas the Wall Street Journal reported today.

The acrobatic ensemble, founded by billionaire Guy Laliberte, plans to start the tour in the fall 2011 and debut the Las Vegas show a year later.

“As a creative challenge, this project is the ultimate," Laliberte said in a press release. "Through the use of cutting edge technology, we will produce a Cirque du Soleil experience not only worthy of Michael but unlike any other we have created before.”

The Cirque gives a glimpse of the excitement through a promo video see link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPO9mX29XlM&feature=player_embedded

Laliberte, whose net worth was $2.5 billion on our latest list, was a street performer before founding Cirque and taking his fire-eating, accordion-playing talents to Sin City.

The Michael Jackson show will join Laliberte's music masterpieces like The Beatles LOVE and Viva Elvis. Cirque also announced plans to open a MJ-themed nightclub in Las Vegas, meaning you should start practicing your moonwalk now.

http://blogs.forbes.com/billions/2010/04/21/cirque-du-soleils-michael-jackson-show-to-be-a-thriller/

There were, there are and there will be always fans who are only looking for the negative in everything, but I think this is great and MJ would love it! He loved this kind of art (and it's really excellent and of great quality what they do!) and I think he would have also been thrilled by the fact that he would be in a company with the Beatles and Elvis regarding this.

Wow, when they mentioned they are gonna do there very best for the fans to see and feel Michaels presence on stage with the best and highest technology possible in a way where he will be on stage like a holographic that really made me tear up. Is it really possible? ?
I think this is a great move for the estate, I love the idea and definitely will be there at the show in la:)

var strArtLink = document.location; var artLink = String(strArtLink).replace("newdev.sandbox", "www"); var cottMain = document.getElementById('skybox'); var cottUL = cottMain.getElementsByTagName('ul')[0]; var cottLi = cottUL.getElementsByTagName('li'); var i=0; var liLen = (cottLi.length)-1; for (i=0;i Joe Jackson 'Won't See' MJ Cirque du Soleil Show

joejackson200-1271881028.jpg

Exclusive
: For decades, Michael Jackson's life resembled something of a circus. Now, his music will be the thrust of new high-wire live experiences being developed by Cirque du Soleil. The irony, we learned, is not lost on the singer's father.

"That's something else, isn't it?" Joe Jackson told PopEater when asked how he felt about his son inspiring a real-life circus. He added, "I won't see it."

The deal, announced Tuesday, will bring a Jackson-themed nightclub and Cirque du Soleil show to Las Vegas in 2012. But first, a Jackson-Cirque touring show will hit the road in late 2011.

The Jackson estate will own half of the project, with the Montreal-based performance company as their partner.

The 'Bad' singer's mother, Katherine, sounded a bit more enthusiastic about the deal. In a statement, she said "Our family is thrilled that Cirque du Soleil will pay tribute to my son in such an important way."

This is the third major deal by the Jackson estate since his death last June, representatives said on Tuesday.

► Sony Music announced in March a $250 million deal to release 10 albums using unreleased music.

► Last fall, Sony Pictures released the $261 million-grossing film 'This Is It,' using footage of Jackson during rehearsals for his comeback tour.

Cirque du Soleil knows a thing or two about turning well-known music into successful live spectacles. They currently have shows based on Elvis Presley and the Beatles.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/04/21/joe-jackson-cirque-du-soleil-michael/

Exclusive: For decades, Michael Jackson's life resembled something of a circus. Now, his music will be the thrust of new high-wire live experiences being developed by Cirque du Soleil. The irony, we learned, is not lost on the singer's father.

"That's something else, isn't it?" Joe Jackson told
PopEater when asked how he felt about his son inspiring a real-life circus. He added, "I won't see it."

So I take it then that Joe Jackson is'nt apart of 'the family' Katherine was speaking of then? Its this division that just bugs the hell outta me and it just shows you what Michael had to deal with!

So I take it then that Joe Jackson is'nt apart of 'the family' Katherine was speaking of then? Its this division that just bugs the hell outta me and it just shows you what Michael had to deal with!

Yep...Joe always the classy guy.
:no:

Wait until fall 2011, when he will be charging fans 1000$ a pop to see the show in his company.

What a disgrace.

Family? Take it to mean Michael's 3 kids. We know there are a bunch of Jacksons behind the scene not happy with MJ's legacy reaching such incredible level so rapidly.....simply because they won't benefit from it.

Well, in death as in life, MJ will continue to overshadow them all...DEAL WITH IT.

Last edited:

Just this on the entertainment news on Viva (UK). There was a clip of an interview with some guy, a Cirque guy (I think). They showed some of the video posted in the OP, but not the full thing.

They called MJ 'J.acko' grrrrrr!

Is the video going to be an ad on tv? I don't think it will be advertised in the UK .. or will it? If its not on here.

I've read that Michael really enjoyed the Cirque du Soleil shows and even wanted to get one of the acrobats to leave cirque and do TII! LOL!

The vision, creativity and grandness of Cirque du Soleil would match very well with Michael's music and his style.

I would definitely go to this. . . probably more than once if it exceeds my expectations.

I am so excited!

Ohh yahhh, I remember that story!

Is that the girl TMZ is talking about?

Do not worry. Ja.cko is the mother of that asshole.

I hate the press. Bunch of losers.

Wow, when they mentioned they are gonna do there very best for the fans to see and feel Michaels presence on stage with the best and highest technology possible in a way where he will be on stage like a holographic that really made me tear up. Is it really possible?
I don't know if it's possible and I don't know how I would react. I mean that's great to see Michael on stage but on the other hand even if 3D special effects are great you know it's not really Michael and it hurts like hell.

Wait until fall 2011, when he will be charging fans 1000$ a pop to see the show in his company.

LOL

There were, there are and there will be always fans who are only looking for the negative in everything, but I think this is great and MJ would love it! He loved this kind of art (and it's really excellent and of great quality what they do!) and I think he would have also been thrilled by the fact that he would be in a company with the Beatles and Elvis regarding this.

You are so right. Even though I just don't really get all the negativity of some fans. I am 100% sure that Michael would have been more than happy and bursting at the seams to see this happen. Branca went to these shows with him so he knew that Michael loved them. Yes, he would have definitely approved.

Also, his Mijac catalogue is solely owned by Michael. He has the publishing rights to all of his own music, Sony has nothng to do with that. Sony and Michael make money from the ATV catalogue that includes Elvis and Beatles songs among many other artists. So right now, Michael and Sony are making money off of the Love and the Presley Cirque shows.

Not true as $ony benefit greatly from this Cirque deal due to royalties ;)

you do realize that Michael's estate is also getting a share from that royalties,right ?

Michael got 37% as royalties from his songs in the old deal , this number negotiated with the new Sony deal and it's reported to be "highest in the industry".

if Mijac is the one that has all the songs then all the royalties will be going to the estate.

please let's try to keep this topic clean off discussion about Sony and focus on Cirque de Soleil and the future projects

Sony aren't involved. Thats why I can be 100% happy about it. As well as the fact that Michael and his children love CdS and saw their shows multiple times.

var strArtLink = document.location; var artLink = String(strArtLink).replace("newdev.sandbox", "www"); var cottMain = document.getElementById('skybox'); var cottUL = cottMain.getElementsByTagName('ul')[0]; var cottLi = cottUL.getElementsByTagName('li'); var i=0; var liLen = (cottLi.length)-1; for (i=0;i Joe Jackson 'Won't See' MJ Cirque du Soleil Show

joejackson200-1271881028.jpg

Exclusive
: For decades, Michael Jackson's life resembled something of a circus. Now, his music will be the thrust of new high-wire live experiences being developed by Cirque du Soleil. The irony, we learned, is not lost on the singer's father.

"That's something else, isn't it?" Joe Jackson told PopEater when asked how he felt about his son inspiring a real-life circus. He added, "I won't see it."

The deal, announced Tuesday, will bring a Jackson-themed nightclub and Cirque du Soleil show to Las Vegas in 2012. But first, a Jackson-Cirque touring show will hit the road in late 2011.

The Jackson estate will own half of the project, with the Montreal-based performance company as their partner.

The 'Bad' singer's mother, Katherine, sounded a bit more enthusiastic about the deal. In a statement, she said "Our family is thrilled that Cirque du Soleil will pay tribute to my son in such an important way."

This is the third major deal by the Jackson estate since his death last June, representatives said on Tuesday.

► Sony Music announced in March a $250 million deal to release 10 albums using unreleased music.

► Last fall, Sony Pictures released the $261 million-grossing film 'This Is It,' using footage of Jackson during rehearsals for his comeback tour.

Cirque du Soleil knows a thing or two about turning well-known music into successful live spectacles. They currently have shows based on Elvis Presley and the Beatles.

http://www.popeater.com/2010/04/21/joe-jackson-cirque-du-soleil-michael/

joe ...........joe.................why he always need drama?

I keep reading these great articles each with some new intriguing information. One thing is for sure....we have SO much to look forward to over the next few years. Prepare yourselves, the world is going to experience more Mj then ever before. This is the process where Michael Jackson becomes cemented as a true global legend in even the biggest haters mind. It's a very rare process in the music industry, I'm glad I am alive to witness it. I hope the tour comes to Toronto! As for the Vegas show, as MJ once said "I'll Be There".

Totally agree! :agree::agree::agree:

About that info about Mr. Joe Jackson... ok, let's hope it is just tabloid junky :)

I am sooo positive right now, that I amazed myself -_-

Back