"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Wikipedia is never the most reliable source when it comes to Mike (see unreleased song list) but the one I find baffling is Janet not being announced yet. Surely Janet is in the biopic?
But won't they just release that info later to make a big splash? Maybe around Michael's birthday or something? Or tie it in with the release of a teaser trailer? Janet, LMP, Elizabeth Taylor - it's probably fairly safe to assume they have all been included so I'm guessing they are waiting a bit longer to do a big reveal just to keep up people's interest.

... you really don't like reading interviews, do you? :ROFLMAO:

In case you didn't read the whole thing, have these two paragraphs. The second one made me laugh!

Bruce Swedien:
"When we did Thriller the song, the opening in particular, Rob Temperton - who wrote the track - had conceived us to have wolf howls in it. At the time there was a Sherlock Holmes movie, The Hound of The Baskervilles, that had this huge dog - a Great Dane - in it that did some howling and of course I had that in my mind's ear.

"I automatically thought of my Great Dane who I figured ought to be in showbusiness! So I tried to get him to do those howls and you know what? He never did it. We put him up in the barn at night to listen to the coyotes and I had my tape machine ready to record him. He was a fantastic dog, 200lbs, his name was Max. I thought 'wouldn't this be great to have him doing those howls on the record' but he just never got it together! He didn't want to be in showbusiness."
I read the whole thing because it was about Thriller but the majority is about synthesizers and I’m like 🤨

Not long to go now (roughly 2 hours from posting this) until the Comic Con panel with the director. I hope we get some news.
I remember seeing this quote online a while back re Antoine Fuqua at ComicCon:
"Important to note that it’s NOT for ‘Michael,’ specifically. He’s part of a “directors on directing” panel with Roland Emmerich.It’s VERY possible he’ll maybe talk a little bit about his experience directing the biopic though!"

... but there's also this (can't decide if the 'surprises' might be biopic related or not):

Is he even working on the film at all?

I know Prince MJ said they were looking through the archives for unreleased material, so I'd expected he was in that sense, but I don't think it's confirmed?
You are mixing up the Princes

mU0Vefda_mini.jpg

Moon Crew

@TheCrewMoon
·
Jul 25
The Michael Jackson Estate has acquired the rights to the music of Steve Porcaro. The accord includes "Chicago 1945" and "Dream Away".

Back