"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

I'd lower expectations in terms of box office success, it seems Bohemian Rhapsody is the benchmark- it shouldn't be!

If this film makes between 500 million and 800 it will be considered a huge success.

I am a little concerned by the April release date, if it was pushed back to the summer, would it not have potential to make more?

No no no no. I'm not. MIchael Prince said that. I thought that he is reliable source
Is he even working on the film at all?

I know Prince MJ said they were looking through the archives for unreleased material, so I'd expected he was in that sense, but I don't think it's confirmed?

Is he even working on the film at all?

I know Prince MJ said they were looking through the archives for unreleased material, so I'd expected he was in that sense, but I don't think it's confirmed?
I'm not sure....

So,what we know so far...

Budget: 155 million USD

Distributed by: Universal Pictures, Lionsgate Films

Cinematography: Dion Beebe

Produced by:
Graham King;
John Branca;
John McClain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Fuqua (director)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logan_(writer)

The following is taken from the film's wikipedia...

Filming wrapped on May 30, 2024, as it was announced by GK Films via social media.

Michael will be distributed by Lionsgate in the United States on April 18, 2025,[18] and by Universal Pictures internationally, except for Japan;[22] Kino Films will handle distribution in that country.[23] A surprise first look was shown to theatre owners at CinemaCon on April 10, 2024, to positive reception.[24]

Cast

Jaafar Jackson
Michael Jackson

Juliano Krue Valdi
Michael Jackson

Miles Teller
John Branca

Colman Domingo
Joe Jackson

Laura Harrier
Suzanne de Passe

Kat Graham
Diana Ross

Nia Long
Katherine Jackson

Jessica Sula
La Toya Jackson

Teresa Palmer
Debbie Rowe

Larenz Tate YAY!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!💯
Berry Gordy

Derek Luke
Johnnie Cochran Jr

Kendrick Sampson
Quincy Jones

Nathaniel Logan McIntyre
Jackie Jackson

KeiLyn Durrel Jones
Bill Bray

Liv Symone
Gladys Knight

Kevin Shinick
Dick Clark

Jayden Harville
Jermaine Jackson

Continue...

So,what we know so far...

Budget: 155 million USD

Distributed by: Universal Pictures, Lionsgate Films

Cinematography: Dion Beebe

Produced by:
Graham King;
John Branca;
John McClain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_Fuqua (director)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logan_(writer)

The following is taken from the film's wikipedia...

Filming wrapped on May 30, 2024, as it was announced by GK Films via social media.

Michael will be distributed by Lionsgate in the United States on April 18, 2025,[18] and by Universal Pictures internationally, except for Japan;[22] Kino Films will handle distribution in that country.[23] A surprise first look was shown to theatre owners at CinemaCon on April 10, 2024, to positive reception.[24]

Cast

Jaafar Jackson
Michael Jackson

Juliano Krue Valdi
Michael Jackson

Miles Teller
John Branca

Colman Domingo
Joe Jackson

Laura Harrier
Suzanne de Passe

Kat Graham
Diana Ross

Nia Long
Katherine Jackson

Jessica Sula
La Toya Jackson

Teresa Palmer
Debbie Rowe

Larenz Tate YAY!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!💯
Berry Gordy

Derek Luke
Johnnie Cochran Jr

Kendrick Sampson
Quincy Jones

Nathaniel Logan McIntyre
Jackie Jackson

KeiLyn Durrel Jones
Bill Bray

Liv Symone
Gladys Knight

Kevin Shinick
Dick Clark

Jayden Harville
Jermaine Jackson

Continue...
So Debbie has been casted? This should be proof enough the movie won't stop at HIStory!

Looking at IMDB, they have a "Zentz Sound Engineer" casted. I believe this means we'll see Off The Wall studio sessions, as I think parts of OTW was recorded there - not sure about other albums:

If I had to predict, I think the film will largely focus on MJs roots, his childhood - which I think is a great way to better understand why he was the man he was.

Interesting about Debbie being in the cast list. Back in ... May? ... there was a brief chat about Teresa Palmer having been cast as her and then someone popped up and said it wasn't true. If she's in the cast list I guess it must be.

Personally, still waiting to find out about LMP.

Looking at IMDB, they have a "Zentz Sound Engineer" casted. I believe this means we'll see Off The Wall studio sessions,
Ooh, eagle eyes!!! 😲

That tweet, though! 'Nondescript studio'. Well, OK, but that studio had Allen Zentz.

as I think parts of OTW was recorded there [...]
Iirc, all of OTW was recorded at Zentz's studio apart from horns and ... ???? Something else? Can't remember. But I'm pretty sure it was most of the album. I remember reading that Michael was Zentz's first client after he expanded from just doing mastering and opened up a recording studio.

Interesting about Debbie being in the cast list. Back in ... May? ... there was a brief chat about Teresa Palmer having been cast as her and then someone popped up and said it wasn't true. If she's in the cast list I guess it must be.

Personally, still waiting to find out about LMP.

Ooh, eagle eyes!!! 😲

That tweet, though! 'Nondescript studio'. Well, OK, but that studio had Allen Zentz.

Iirc, all of OTW was recorded at Zentz's studio apart from horns and ... ???? Something else? Can't remember. But I'm pretty sure it was most of the album. I remember reading that Michael was Zentz's first client after he expanded from just doing mastering and opened up a recording studio.
Yeah, pretty cool huh. Looking forward to seeing how they tackle studio footage - I wonder if they were given access to it by the Estate as a reference.

Yeah, pretty cool huh.
Cooler than cool, imo! I haven't been this excited about this thing since they cast the actor playing Suzanne de Passe.

Looking forward to seeing how they tackle studio footage
My mind has gone into overdrive! I want all of it. I want Allen Zentz. I want Bruce watching Michael doing wolf howls.

I need to calm down, lol. :ROFLMAO:

- I wonder if they were given access to it by the Estate as a reference.
Good question. :unsure:

CuBM6tfWEAAysMC

@dam2040

Just checked. Thriller was mastered at Zentz's studio so it could be Thriller rather than OTW. Since they are both really important it will be interesting to see which they go for. But a recording session is more telegenic and dramatic than a mastering session so ... who knows?

Cooler than cool, imo! I haven't been this excited about this thing since they cast the actor playing Suzanne de Passe.

My mind has gone into overdrive! I want all of it. I want Allen Zentz. I want Bruce watching Michael doing wolf howls.

I need to calm down, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Good question. :unsure:
I didn’t know Michael did the howling himself, they’re perfect!

[...] Anyway, the biopic. I'm still thinking about Bruce Swedien being in the film.

"But you know who it is that is doing those wolf howls? That's Michael Jackson, we had to get Michael to do it instead, but he did it so great. There's some library stuff in there but Michael did those wolf howls.
I didn’t know Michael did the howling himself, they’re perfect!
I got the quote from this interview. It just got re-published a few months back. :)

@zinniabooklover thanks, interesting but too technical, It reminded me of my days in college, I was not a good student.
... you really don't like reading interviews, do you? :ROFLMAO:

In case you didn't read the whole thing, have these two paragraphs. The second one made me laugh!

Bruce Swedien:
"When we did Thriller the song, the opening in particular, Rob Temperton - who wrote the track - had conceived us to have wolf howls in it. At the time there was a Sherlock Holmes movie, The Hound of The Baskervilles, that had this huge dog - a Great Dane - in it that did some howling and of course I had that in my mind's ear.

"I automatically thought of my Great Dane who I figured ought to be in showbusiness! So I tried to get him to do those howls and you know what? He never did it. We put him up in the barn at night to listen to the coyotes and I had my tape machine ready to record him. He was a fantastic dog, 200lbs, his name was Max. I thought 'wouldn't this be great to have him doing those howls on the record' but he just never got it together! He didn't want to be in showbusiness."

Last edited:

Joseph David-Jones
Jackie Jackson

Tre Horton
Marlon Jackson 🤔 wow!cool!

Judah Edwards
Tito Jackson

So..Here is who we do have .... Looks good. I think the brothers look like ....the brothers ! especially Marlon [the eyes] also Jackie.
[ the smile] ...Jermaine.. The hair ! Great to see Debbie there. Also La Toya.
I find really interesting the fact, that there is Debbie in cast, but there is no LMP... I hope they just keep actress in secret. There would be no sence to show Michael's personal life without Presley

Back