"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

Does anyone believe mj forgot the lyrics during the j5 Medley & blamed it on the east monitors. He looked pretty out of it during that segment to me
disgusted-side-eye-expression-3eq3e26unhza5q5e.gif

I don't think you can reason with such garbage.

Those who do nothing but bash MJ under the guise of being a "realistic fan" or whatever is one of the most tired, miserable tropes I've had the displeasure of having to witness. You don't have to praise every step he ever took but there's definitely a line that has been crossed multiple times. It's very very boring to read.

I honestly think those "fans" are trolls/haters.

Michael has some of the most persistent,obsessed, unhinged haters of any celebrity past or present.

Low? It shattered the records for concert films, becoming the highest grossing by a wide, wide margin. I really think your personal experience at the cinema might be coloring your judgment here. When you look purely at the facts, This Is It was a massive commercial and critical success. The people you were at the cinema with may have walked away from it thinking MJ was weird and crazy, but that definitely was not the consensus. When you look at reviews from the time, you see near-universal praise for his involvement in every detail of the show, his kind nature, and his ever-present talent (things we all knew as fans, but after years of negative press there were many people who never knew that or had forgotten).

Whatever your thoughts about the film, I think it did a ton of good for his reputation back then.
That poster always has something negative to say and their anecdotes are likely BS and made up anyway.

I'll never forget reading an article on some female right wing media pundits (forgot her name sorry) blog site years ago where she admitted This is it changed her opinion of MJ. She of course thought he was just some weirdo and had always dismissed him, but she was impressed with his professionalism and gained new respect for him as an artist after seeing This is it.

So you are correct that This is it did wonders for Michael's reputation at that time and reminded people why he was so successful in the first place.

A lot of fans didn't go to see This Is It. For some his death was still too painful so they either didn't want to see it at all or preferred to watch it alone at home. Others boycotted it because they were blaming Sony and AEG for Michael's death.
And this is why I am against fans boycoting estate projects just to stick to Branca (who will still be rich regardless) it's pointless and would only hurt Michael in the end and allow haters to point to it and say MJ projects flopped and people aren't interested, which isn't true

That poster always has something negative to say and their anecdotes are likely BS and made up anyway.

I'll never forget reading an article on some female right wing media pundits (forgot her name sorry) blog site years ago where she admitted This is it changed her opinion of MJ. She of course thought he was just some weirdo and had always dismissed him, but she was impressed with his professionalism and gained new respect for him as an artist after seeing This is it.

So you are correct that This is it did wonders for Michael's reputation at that time and reminded people why he was so successful in the first place.
yep. Nearly every thread has some horrid personal attack defended as a “am I supposed to praise everything he did” nonsense

So tiring to read. Misery and ignorance

Last edited:
I'm kinda really upset with fact, that Michael will end just before History Tour. They are gonna skip a lot of interesting moments in MJ's life. Some of them are pretty important though:
1. 1995 - ONO cancellation (first sign of drugs ruining MJ life), releasing History album (one of the MOST IMPORTANT MJ albums)
2. 1997 - Ghosts, releasing BOTDF
3. 1999 - back trauma, causing MJ to take more drugs.
4. 2001~2002 - MJ vs Sony Music historical engagement, awful 30th performance (when MJ was high as never before)
5. 2003 - bashir interview (that ruined MJ life once and for all), second child molestion allegation!
6. 2005 - final court, Michael's victory, one of the most important moments in MJ life.
7. 2009 - TII
They can't just skip all things I mentioned above, because most of them are really important.

I'm kinda really upset with fact, that Michael will end just before History Tour. They are gonna skip a lot of interesting moments in MJ's life. Some of them are pretty important though:
1. 1995 - ONO cancellation (first sign of drugs ruining MJ life), releasing History album (one of the MOST IMPORTANT MJ albums)
4. 2001~2002 - MJ vs Sony Music historical engagement, awful 30th performance (when MJ was high as never before)
5. 2003 - bashir interview (that ruined MJ life once and for all), second child molestion allegation!
6. 2005 - final court, Michael's victory, one of the most important moments in MJ life.
7. 2009 - TII
They can't just skip all things I mentioned above, because most of them are really important.
It won't end at the HIStory Tour.

7. 2009 - TII
Wait, has there been credible confirmation about this? What about the casting of Michael's children? What about TII that I'm sure I've heard being in the film? Would they really leave out such a significant part of his life??

I’m more surprised with how seemingly small his fan group of 50+ is. All the fans who grew up as teenagers with the jackson are now easily 60+ or those who grew up during the thriller height are 50+ yet I rarely see representation of this age group
*waves* (I am 50, and 50+ in September lol)
Wave Waving Hello - Free GIF on Pixabay - Pixabay

A decent portion of that 50 plus are probably dead.

I've thought about that in the past, where did they all go?

:ROFLMAO: 😭

*Calling all undead older MJ fans, please help!*

This thread ...

DeliciousGloomyEstuarinecrocodile-small.gif

Wait, has there been credible confirmation about this? What about the casting of Michael's children? What about TII that I'm sure I've heard being in the film? Would they really leave out such a significant part of his life??
No. It's not true. This originates from Michael Prince who has no involvement in the film.

*waves* (I am 50, and 50+ in September lol)
:)

*Calling all undead older MJ fans, please help!*
Yeah, I just can't with this stuff, it exhausts me. Y'know, what with me being so old and decrepit, like. I'm the same age as Michael. Contrary to what some people on this board seem to believe, that is middle-aged. It is not elderly. 🙄

Speaking of being middle-aged, I tried power lifting a while ago and found it surprisingly interesting. My efforts got derailed by a bit of 'life' stuff happening but I would like to have another crack at it at some point. It definitely got my brain going.

Anyway, the biopic. I'm still thinking about Bruce Swedien being in the film.

"But you know who it is that is doing those wolf howls? That's Michael Jackson, we had to get Michael to do it instead, but he did it so great. There's some library stuff in there but Michael did those wolf howls.

Last edited:
:)

Yeah, I just can't with this stuff, it exhausts me. Y'know, what with me being so old and decrepit, like. I'm the same age as Michael. Contrary to what people on this board seem to believe, that is middle-aged. It is not elderly. 🙄
(y) :giggle:
Speaking of being middle-aged, I tried power lifting a while ago and found it surprisingly interesting. My efforts got derailed by a bit of 'life' stuff happening but I would like to have another crack at it at some point. It definitely got my brain going.
😀
Anyway, the biopic. I'm still thinking about Bruce Swedien being in the film. #
I love Bruce, and I love love that he´ll be in the film :)
"But you know who it is that is doing those wolf howls? That's Michael Jackson, we had to get Michael to do it instead, but he did it so great. There's some library stuff in there but Michael did those wolf howls.
:ROFLMAO: So cool!

I remember reading that they wanted to record Bruce Swedien´s dog (who supposedly was in the studio often) for the howl, but doggo didn´t deliver :ROFLMAO: How awesome would it be if the dog would be in the movie as well lol. As much hard work it was, they had a fun time, too. I am thinking of their Friday family dinners, for example.

(y) :giggle:

😀

I love Bruce, and I love love that he´ll be in the film :)
I really hope he will have a reasonable speaking, credited role in the film. I posted a tweet about it and, tbh, there wasn't definite verification. I posted it anyway bc the person has, so far, been completely reliable with the biopic info they've provided and I was so over-excited bc I never thought they would announce Bruce being in it. I always assumed he'd be there, fleetingly, but in an uncredited role.

:ROFLMAO: So cool!

I remember reading that they wanted to record Bruce Swedien´s dog (who supposedly was in the studio often) for the howl, but doggo didn´t deliver :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, that's where that quote came from. The dog that didn't howl (Sherlock reference, lol) meant that Michael had to step up. I'm not really into trying to imagine what might be included in the film but, ngl, I did run this little scene in my head! :ROFLMAO:

How awesome would it be if the dog would be in the movie as well lol. As much hard work it was, they had a fun time, too. I am thinking of their Friday family dinners, for example.
Here's the bit that comes before that quote I posted:

"When we did Thriller the song, the opening in particular, Rob Temperton - who wrote the track - had conceived us to have wolf howls in it. At the time there was a Sherlock Holmes movie, The Hound of The Baskervilles, that had this huge dog - a Great Dane - in it that did some howling and of course I had that in my mind's ear.

"I automatically thought of my Great Dane who I figured ought to be in showbusiness! So I tried to get him to do those howls and you know what? He never did it. We put him up in the barn at night to listen to the coyotes and I had my tape machine ready to record him. He was a fantastic dog, 200lbs, his name was Max. I thought 'wouldn't this be great to have him doing those howls on the record' but he just never got it together! He didn't want to be in showbusiness."

Don't listen to that person, he obviously don't know what he's talking about. Nowhere has it been confirmed that it will end before the HIStory tour

Not sure how true it is but the casting of Prince and Paris has now been removed from the database? Could that be a sign that potentially footage has been cut?

As for Bruce, I would love to see a scene in the studio with MJ and recording his heartbeat for smooth criminal.

Not sure how true it is but the casting of Prince and Paris has now been removed from the database?
So it is. Interesting! Although I was always a bit confused by that bc Peyton Riley McConville's brother is clearly younger than her so I wasn't sure how that was gonna play out if they were included.

Could that be a sign that potentially footage has been cut?
I suppose so.

On the cast list someone is listed as 'Motown 25 audience'. I only just noticed that.

As for Bruce, I would love to see a scene in the studio with MJ and recording his heartbeat for smooth criminal.
Wolf howls! Gotta be the wolf howls, lol. :ROFLMAO:

If the movie is to end before or around HIStory, the only way I won't be extremely dissapointed about the lost oportunity is if there's a sequel planned. Before everybody starts calling me out... wouldn't this totally be in Michael's spirit? To do something that has never been done before?

The trailer for Bob Dylan’s biopic is out, looks great! Epic song choice for the trailer as well.

I never thought about a song for the MJ trailer. Probably MITM but I hope for Music and Me.

For trailer songs I think we need:
- Something slow like Childhood / Music and Me
- Something powerful like Billie Jean
- MITM as the "inspirational" end to the trailer

Will these be sung by MJ or Jafar?

The trailer for Bob Dylan’s biopic is out, looks great! Epic song choice for the trailer as well.

I never thought about a song for the MJ trailer. Probably MITM but I hope for Music and Me.
Any would be a great choice!! The MAM at the beginning of Moonwalker was such an amazing choice, combined with the awesomer retrospective!!

Inside Out 2 is the only film in 2024 that made over a billion on the box office, currently stand8ng at. 1,47 billion. Dune 2 made about 700 million and then there are 3 films which made 500 million. Big franchise films have been released this year from Kung Fu Panda, to Despicable Me, planet of the apes, Mad Max, Godzilla vs King Kong.
Also interestingly the Bob Marley biopic made almost 200 million.
This pretty much reinforces my believe that Michael will not come close to the billion mark.

For trailer songs I think we need:
- Something slow like Childhood / Music and Me
- Something powerful like Billie Jean
- MITM as the "inspirational" end to the trailer

Will these be sung by MJ or Jafar?
I'm 100% sure they will use MITM as main song for trailer and movie. It will be kinda hymn. That's cool, but I would rather choose TDCAU or D.S. (joking)

Back