"Michael", a biopic about Michael Jackson, is officially happening.

There was no hype for a trailer, nobody said a trailer was coming. So I think if anyone is disappointed then it's not on anyone else.
Thank you these people make stuff up in their minds and then get upset when things don't turn out the way the fantasized it.

I hope they don't release anything until the official trailer.

That way the frauds and liars in the fandom will continue to expose themselves.

Apparently Celine Dion has a biographical documentary out which is quite popular and it has led to an increase of 33% of her streaming numbers.
@bluemoon7 did you read this
This comes from the newspaper I read today. I expect similar stuff to happen next year for Michael
Yep ..that make sense. @filmandmusic it all feels quite promising. [i like that we have Fuqua as director ...turns out i know quite a bit of his work..Brooklyn's Finest ..Olympus Has Fallen- for example]

@bluemoon7 did you read this

Yep ..that make sense. @filmandmusic it all feels quite promising. [i like that we have Fuqua as director ...turns out i know quite a bit of his work..Brooklyn's Finest ..Olympus Has Fallen- for example]
Yes but he seems atypical. A bit too straightforward Hollywood blockbuster kind of director. I hope he has a few tricks up his sleeve he hasn’t showed us yet

Apparently Celine Dion has a biographical documentary out
I haven't watched the whole thing yet but it's powerful stuff.

which is quite popular
I think the only thing that could be slightly dampening the viewing figures for this thing is the content. Some of it is very harrowing bc it shows her illness. Hard to watch.

and it has led to an increase of 33% of her streaming numbers.
That's a good increase. I just wonder whether it would have been even more if the doc had not been so brave in showing what it did. Not that I'm criticising it for that. Celine herself wanted that footage included.

This comes from the newspaper I read today. I expect similar stuff to happen next year for Michael
Let's hope so! :)

Yes but he seems atypical. A bit too straightforward Hollywood blockbuster kind of director. I hope he has a few tricks up his sleeve he hasn’t showed us yet
Well, for a start he's got John Logan as the scriptwriter. That should be a big help. Emancipation didn't get great reviews, iirc, but some of that was a weak script according to some comments I saw. Plus the film was up against the backlash for Will Smith so that didn't help.

Dion Beebe, Antoine's cinematographer, did Chicago. His background is music videos as well as high profile films. I think him and John Logan and Antoine make a good team. I'm quite hopeful.

Well, for a start he's got John Logan as the scriptwriter. That should be a big help. Emancipation didn't get great reviews, iirc, but some of that was a weak script according to some comments I saw. Plus the film was up against the backlash for Will Smith so that didn't help.

Dion Beebe, Antoine's cinematographer, did Chicago. His background is music videos as well as high profile films. I think him and John Logan and Antoine make a good team. I'm quite hopeful.
Not very familiar with these people but hopeful I am too

The only delusions I have about this movie is hearing a song that hasn't been released. I have literally no expectations otherwise, and I won't even worry about that first thing if we just get an album.

I don't think releasing a trailer a whole year before has ever been done....right?

Brad Pitt’s formula one film comes out June 2025 and a trailer was released a couple of weeks ago. They’re not even done shooting.
Yeah I thought teasers while still in production were pretty common these days..?

Hmm happy for Jaafar but doesn’t have an opinion on the biopic? 🤔 could have easily said I'm super excited and hope it will be wonderful.

I wonder if there's a few family members against it? Such as Austin, Randy and Janet? I'm just putting 2 + 2 together obv.
Oopsies! :LOL: For me "doesn't have an opinion " translates to "don't want to have anything to do with it"

Hmm happy for Jaafar but doesn’t have an opinion on the biopic? 🤔 could have easily said I'm super excited and hope it will be wonderful.

I wonder if there's a few family members against it? Such as Austin, Randy and Janet? I'm just putting 2 + 2 together obv.
Well Austins mother was in on granny gate and supported Randys fight against the estate.

IDK why the other Jacksons continue to be pressed about the will, even if there is another will out there somewhere I doubt there's anything in it for them. They should have saved their own money instead of expecting Michael's. Once Katherine dies they will be cut off for good.

So what are we gonna do about the new fans coming in with different expectations on MJs life based on the dramatization of the biopic?

We can only hope that the biopic will be as accurate as possible so we don't have to spend the rest of our lives correcting people.
It's cinema though, that's very rarely the priority.

I agree. It's cinema so it's going to be dramatic and over the top in some parts. Look how the did scenes in An American Dream. At no point did Michael tumble down the stairs when his hair caught on fire nor did the brothers perform that one-off song during Victory.

I agree. It's cinema so it's going to be dramatic and over the top in some parts. Look how the did scenes in An American Dream. At no point did Michael tumble down the stairs when his hair caught on fire nor did the brothers perform that one-off song during Victory.
True but I actually never see people bring that stuff up in the MJ accounts so people genuinely prefer the true story to the dramatizations sometimes.

H_S, I'm posting the image just in case anyone can't get into X

@Quote31490249

"Over 56% of Americans are interested in seeing Michael, with roughly 70% of Millennials and Gen Z anticipating it's release"

GUewn9ka8AEMBon

Back