Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite - Confirmed not to include Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite

fans arent gonna thank him when most fans dont believe a word he says in relation to things like this lol.atthe end of every year he says the same thing lol its been going on since the early 90s at least lol the boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

yeah i know and i dont blame them. im just saying that this time jermaine actually CONFIRMED the story. many of his siblings have done so too. i think theres more truth to it this time. im not saying that everyone should totally believe it but at least dont exclude the possibility that it might be true.

errr... I think I'll believe it when a press conference or official statement comes, words don't really mean much otherwise. And I agree with Shannon, I'd rather see Michael by himself first.

then u wont believe it. u'll know it for sure :yes: :p

then u wont believe it. u'll know it for sure :yes: :p

not even then LOL, more like this:

Either way, I won't believe a tour (with or without the brothers) UNTIL I have a ticket in my hand. No wait, make that until I'm actually at the arena....no wait, make that until I'm actually AT the concert and MJ is actually ON the stage doing his thing

With Michael anything can happen, and after loads of projects that never really materialized for whatever reason I don't believe in this kind of stuff right away.

fans arent gonna thank him when most fans dont believe a word he says in relation to things like this lol.atthe end of every year he says the same thing lol its been going on since the early 90s at least lol the boy who cried wolf comes to mind.
the internet community doesn't represent most fans. most fans will have heard their story from the media. I think internet fans tend to underestimate the jackson five and Michael's fanbase. You might be in for a big surprise. i actually believe that there are more J5 fans than there are Mj fans, even though they do overlap.

Not AGAIN Jermaine blabbing about a reunion tour.
Let's rewind to see how credible this guy is:

2007: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1575086/20071127/jackson_five.jhtml
2003: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12043382
2001: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1454194.stm

1997: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12039922
1996: Pop star Michael Jackson arrived at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo on Wednesday (May 8) as his brother Jermaine confirmed that pop's most famous family would reform as "Jackson 5". Jermaine said the group would record an album and launch a tour in 1997. (source: http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//RTV/1996/05/08/605310279/ )

1996: Pop star Michael Jackson arrived at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo on Wednesday (May 8) as his brother Jermaine confirmed that pop's most famous family would reform as "Jackson 5". Jermaine said the group would record an album and launch a tour in 1997. (source: http://www.itnsource.com/shotlist//RTV/1996/05/08/605310279/ )

Well, there is evidence that Mj was indeed recording with the brothers, but there was legal issues with Mj that caused the project to be delayed.
i don't know why it is difficult to understand. Why would Jermaine and other family member, including Janet, say that something is being done and Mj fans disbelieve them?

don't know why it is difficult to understand. Why would Jermaine and other family member, including Janet, say that something is being done and Mj fans disbelieve them?
previous history maybe lol

Well, there is evidence that Mj was indeed recording with the brothers
?

the internet community doesn't represent most fans. most fans will have heard their story from the media. I think internet fans tend to underestimate the jackson five and Michael's fanbase. You might be in for a big surprise. i actually believe that there are more J5 fans than there are Mj fans, even though they do overlap.

im not saying there arent any j5 fans. i loved seeing them at MSG. im saying most fans who know jermaines history dont believe a word he says

Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

That is all I want, People want to see MICHAEL not his brothers who noone out of the fan community can even name! lol

Can't decide if this is said in jest or what. People don't know the names of the J5? There's a whole generation of people that grew up with the J5, be they still fans today or not.

And sure, the world would love to see Michael perform again. But keep in mind that there would be a whole contingent of J5/Michael fans that would be incredibly pleased to see them together one more time. I can't imagine a tour with all of them involved without Michael performing solo for at last part of the time. Just think MSG-

As for Jermaine, what can I say.:smilerolleyes: If it happens, stupendous. The reunion talk, as so many others have said, has been going on for how long now? Whether he "confirmed" this or not, whether Janet has said it was happening or not, too many years of being a fan has made me cautiously optimistic, but sure not holding my breath at this point.

im not saying there arent any j5 fans. i loved seeing them at MSG. im saying most fans who know jermaines history dont believe a word he says
My contention is that we do not know what most fans think because there has never been a survey. All I know is that Jermaine is very much respected by the media and within the music industry and there is no reason that I see for the disrespect that he gets on an Mj fan board. it isn't necessaritly his fault if things get held up because of Mj's legal issues.
Who would have thought that Jermaine was the person that MJ listened to after his trial.

Well, Dats, to be fair, Jermaine has said that the reunion would happened. That is what people are focusing at.

Im sorry, I just dont believe that j5 reunion talk anymore...
Jermaine talks too much...
I find it hard to believe Michael will tour again solo, let alone J5!
Jermaine confirms it, but Im sure Michael is not even aware of it...:scratch:

Michael must have got pissed off a few times with Jermaine over the last few years. Keeps makin all these comments about Michael being on a Jacksons tour.

Why doesnt Jermaine just say "yeah Im hopin to get my brothers back together for a reunion tour." Instead of "yeah Weve all been in the studio puttin the finishin touches to our comeback album and were planning a tour with Michael and Janet on board"

That way it would make him look less of an arsehole when a year has past and nothin has happened.

Well, Dats, to be fair, Jermaine has said that the reunion would happened. That is what people are focusing at.
I think the problem with the jacksons is that there are so many of them and they are all tied up with individual contracts and legal issues. Mj was so tied up with iss that he couldn't even make a decision even if he wanted to. I can imagine that as Mj frees himself of his legal trappings, it is much more easy for him to make decisions. it could be that Mj is even more into this than the other brothers. maybe he sees it as an easier alternative to doing a fullblown solo tour.
I look forward to this tour.If it is a family tour similar to what they did with the Jackson honours, I would bet that Mj use that to introduce his kids to the world.

Michael must have got pissed off a few times with Jermaine over the last few years. Keeps makin all these comments about Michael being on a Jacksons tour.

Why doesnt Jermaine just say "yeah Im hopin to get my brothers back together for a reunion tour." Instead of "yeah Weve all been in the studio puttin the finishin touches to our comeback album and were planning a tour with Michael and Janet on board"

That way it would make him look less of an arsehole when a year has past and nothin has happened.

don't you think Mj pisses off his siblings too, or is MJ imuned from pissing people off/

My contention is that we do not know what most fans think because there has never been a survey
well look at the ppl in here. why are you surprised that alot of fans think it B.S when jermaine has a history of making this claim and guess what it never happens. have u never heard of the boy who cried wolf.

All I know is that Jermaine is very much respected by the media and within the music industry and there is no reason that I see for the disrespect that he gets on an Mj fan board.
doesnt matter how respected he is. pl are juding this based on his history as i said above

it isn't necessaritly his fault if things get held up because of Mj's legal issues.
or maybe it was never happening in the first place.

i know you love the family but sometimes you make yourself look OTT in your obsession with defending anything any of the members say or do to the point where you would rather put it on mj than admitting the obvious when it comes to jermaine and his claims

think the problem with the jacksons is that there are so many of them and they are all tied up with individual contracts and legal issues
theres only mj and janet who had had contracts at any given time over the near past

don't you think Mj oisses off his siblings too, or is MJ imuned from pissing people off/

yeah he pees jerm off by not agreeing to stuff like this lol. dont worry mj has paid the price in time and $ and pain for not doing what others want of him

f_laugh.gif
Jermz makes mj fans go 'round and arrrrouuuuund.
f_musicalnote.gif

f_doh.gif

cheers for this.

People disrespecting Jermaine? Isn't it more that he has spoken many, many times of plans to tour, etc, and nothing came to fruition? Things have happened beyond his control of the situation/plans, no doubt. Same can be said for many of Michael's plans over the last few years.

I think many people want to be optimistic, but tend to be cautious in believing things are going to happen until facts are confirmed and set in motion, ie, formal dates/places/ticket sales, etc.

well look at the ppl in here. why are you surprised that alot of fans think it B.S when jermaine has a history of making this claim and guess what it never happens. have u never heard of the boy who cried wolf.

doesnt matter how respected he is. pl are juding this based on his history as i said above

or maybe it was never happening in the first place.

i know you love the family but sometimes you make yourself look OTT in your obsession with defending anything any of the members say or do to the point where you would rather put it on mj than admitting the obvious when it comes to jermaine and his claims

Nobody knows what is happening with Mj and his siblings behind closedoors. if Jermaine is being interviewd and he gets asked about a reunion of a group for which he was a Major part, he has the right to say whatever he likes.

Nobody knows what is happening with Mj and his siblings behind closedoors. if Jermaine is being interviewd and he gets asked about a reunion of a group for which he was a Major part, he has the right to say whatever he likes.

well sure he has the right, but why do that to the fans?
atleast people know hes beens saying this for 15 yrs so they dont get their hopes up.

don't you think Mj pisses off his siblings too, or is MJ imuned from pissing people off/

I think Michael minds his own business more than his brothers do, and doesnt make statements confirming things without asking them first :unsure: I guess

And Mike does piss ppl off a lot! :giggle: with every step he takes...

f_laugh.gif
Jermz makes mj fans go 'round and arrrrouuuuund.
f_musicalnote.gif

f_doh.gif

cheers for this.

true lol just bump the old threads. theres at least 2 a year for the last 15 years or so. that will keep us entertained for a while lol

I think Michael minds his own business more than his brothers do, and doesnt make statements confirming things without asking them first :unsure: I guess

And Mike does piss ppl off a lot! :giggle: with every step he takes...
The thing that baffles me is that everybody and their momma speak about Mj and we post it in the news and they don't get cussed out but the moment jermaine or any other family member speaks about Michael all the drama begins and people telling them to shut up. I mean, if we don't believe him that is one thing, but the disrespect for the man just because he says he is going on tour with his brothers is really frightening. People behave as if he cussed Michael.

Dats, I see where you are coming from, but Jermaine has a history of saying these things and it never happens. People are going by history and some of the fans are tired of it. That is all.

Reactions: L.J
Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

This is just what Jermaine is dreaming of doing for the last 20 years!
I wish he would just stop saying bullsh@t!

Thank You

Just stop saying this MAN cmon!!!

There are more J5 fans than MJ fans, well only if your talking about Marlon Jackson or fans of Mick Jagger's solo work !

If and when a Jackson 5 reunion ever does happen, comfirmation will come from Michael's PR team not from any members of his family. I'm sure all of Michael's brothers would love to do a tour, and I'm sure all members of his family want a Jackson 5 tour more than a Michael Jackson tour. But the fact is the the majority of music fans, from Michael Jackson fans to the casual music buyer would prefer a Michael Jackson tour not a Jackson 5 reunion tour. Michael Jackson does better box office and music sales than the Jackson 5/ The Jacksons. Not only would a tour and album with the Jackson 5 be a step back for Michael at present, it would also be far less successful.

Michael has his own career to make a comeback on, I don't understand way some fans can't wait until after Michael does a solo album and tour before any supposed Jackson 5 tour. Though there is no real comparison between the Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, Michael reuniting with the Jackson 5 would be like Justin Timberlake reuniting with NSYNC in 8yrs time if he doesn't do a solo album and tour in that period. Ok NSYNC don't have the credibility and influence of the Jackson 5, but the solo music JT has made is what turned him from a star to superstar in a far bigger way. Though Michael was already a music legend in the black community before Off The Wall, that 1979 album turned him from a star to a superstar on a worldwide scale and Thriller turned Michael in to the biggest music icon worldwide. The last 7yrs Michael's life has been plagued with scandal and an inactive career with many critics wrongly claiming Michael's released a string of flop album that has been his nose dive. Which is why at present a Jackson 5 tour is not the right thing until Michael proves all of his music critics wrong with a great solo album and tour. I think it's pretty obvious whatever Michael Jackson does as a solo artists is far more important than anything he has done with Jackson 5/ The Jackson being in a group could only take Michael so far and his solo career has shown that.

At present what I'd like to see is Michael releasing a great solo album and doing a tour with his brother Randy Jackson as keyboard player and music director. And Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon making a surprise appreance on stage with Michael on some of his concerts. I hope to see the Jackson 5 on tour one day, it would be very exiting but after Michael has proved his critics wrong, made the greatest ever comeback and put a stamp back on his title the King of Pop !!!

Last edited:

There are more J5 fans than MJ fans, well only if your talking about Marlon Jackson or fans of Mick Jagger's solo work !

If and when a Jackson 5 reunion ever does happen, comfirmation will come from Michael's PR team not from any members of his family. I'm sure all of Michael's brothers would love to do a tour, and I'm sure all members of his family want a Jackson 5 tour more than a Michael Jackson tour. But the fact is the the majority of music fans, from Michael Jackson fans to the casual music buyer would prefer a Michael Jackson tour not a Jackson 5 reunion tour. Michael Jackson does better box office and music sales than the Jackson 5/ The Jacksons. Not only would a tour and album with the Jackson 5 be a step back for Michael at present, it would also be far less successful.

Michael has his own career to make a comeback on, I don't understand way some fans can't wait until after Michael does a solo album and tour before any supposed Jackson 5 tour. Though there is no real comparison between the Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, Michael reuniting with the Jackson 5 would be like Justin Timberlake reuniting with NSYNC in 8yrs time if he doesn't do a solo album and tour in that period. Ok NSYNC don't have the credibility and influence of the Jackson 5, but the solo music JT has made is what turned him from a star to superstar in a far bigger way. Though Michael was already a music legend in the black community before Off The Wall, that 1979 album turned him from a star to a superstar on a worldwide scale and Thriller turned Michael in to the biggest music icon worldwide. The last 7yrs Michael's life has been plagued with scandal and an inactive career with many critics wrongly claiming Michael's released a string of flop album that has been his nose dive. Which is why at present a Jackson 5 tour is not the right thing until Michael proves all of his music critics wrong with a great solo album and tour. I think it's pretty obvious whatever Michael Jackson does as a solo artists is far more important than anything he has done with Jackson 5/ The Jackson being in a group could only take Michael so far and his solo career has shown that.

At present what I'd like to see is Michael releasing a great solo album and doing a tour with his brother Randy Jackson as keyboard player and music director. And Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon making a surprise appreance on stage with Michael on some of his concerts. I hope to see the Jackson 5 on tour one day, it would be very exiting but after Michael has proved his critics wrong, made the greatest ever comeback and put a stamp back on his title the King of Pop !!!

well said :clapping:

we've heard this so many times maybe hes still holding on to a broken dream lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back