Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite - Confirmed not to include Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite

I really like Jermaine, don't get me wrong... but I have found quotes from Jermaine in various books I have dating back to 1989 about a supposed Jackson 5 reunion tour and album. What he's said in the 19 years since then hasn't changed much. :lol:

His interview on the Today show was beautiful and made me excited though!! :D

they could do the tour without michael. 3T was mASSIVE here in Britain and they are still very large in europe. With their fanbase and jackson fanbase as well as general jackson family fanbase, and the promise of the new generation of Jacksons, I believe that they could sell it to the media. Don't forget that at the time when MJ was going through his worse period in 93, th ejackson still maaged to put on a good show without MJ. I believe they could don it. The family is very talented.

I really like Jermaine, don't get me wrong... but I have found quotes from Jermaine in various books I have dating back to 1989 about a supposed Jackson 5 reunion tour and album. What he's said in the 19 years since then hasn't changed much. :lol:

His interview on the Today show was beautiful and made me excited though!! :D
there was an album being made, it was found but Mj couldn't get clearance for it because of legal issues. An album was made by the Jacksons as jermaine said. This matter came up during one of Mj cases.

We going to start all that nonesense again?
No offense, but if you respond to every other post in this thread, dismissing valid arguments and trying to stop them, you extend an open invitation to continue to repeat certain things.

Jermaine may be sweet in the interview. Fact remains that he has made similar statements on many occasions for at least the last 12 years. And none of them have turned out to be true. That makes any statements in interviews or otherwise, at least doubtfull.

The interview was on Australian tv, so not 'for us'. Well, you yourself are in London, so what's the difference? And I don't get that argument anyway, because the www really makes the world a small place.

there was an album being made, it was found but Mj couldn't get clearance for it because of legal issues. An album was made by the Jacksons as jermaine said. This matter came up during one of Mj cases.

Yes, but he also spoke about a J5 tour, and has done so, ever since 1989. He's also spoken of the Jacksons, including Michael, being in the studio for albums since then too. That was my point. :)

There is no proof Michael or any of his brothers have been in the studio recording a new Jackson 5 album anytime over the last 20yrs, nothing at all. And the Jackson 5 being the Black Beatles is like saying Michael Jackson is the Black Elvis, which is not the case. The Jackson 5 were true originals and Michael Jackson is a genius and one of the most influencial artists of all time in music, as well as being one of the 3 contenders for being the biggest selling artist of all time (because no one knows who is actually the biggest selling artist of all time, my guess MJ or The Beatles, not Elvis).

There is no proof Michael or any of his brothers have been in the studio recording a new Jackson 5 album anytime over the last 20yrs, nothing at all. And the Jackson 5 being the Black Beatles is like saying Michael Jackson is the Black Elvis, which is not the case. The Jackson 5 were true originals and Michael Jackson is a genius and one of the most influencial artists of all time in music, as well as being one of the 3 contenders for being the biggest selling artist of all time (because no one knows who is actually the biggest selling artist of all time, my guess MJ or The Beatles, not Elvis).

Wll put.

The always want to compare artist to one another, that's just stupid. Mike is uniqe!

Yeah I get offended when the Jackson 5 are referred to as that and MJ referred to as the "black Elvis". The Jackson 5 were their own entity and so is Michael.

And I definitely don't think they've been in the studio or are planning to make a touring comeback. Michael's too focused on his own music to be worrying about his brothers.

It would be the PERFECT opportunity. A Jackson family tour would be bring alot of positive feedback because The Jackson 5ive's music has been part of 3 or 4 generations: the motown era, the disco era, the 80s R&B/new wave funk/crossover era, and the current era

Yeah, we'd like to see Michael do another tour, but I'd LOVE to see a Jacksons tour. Matter of fact, I enjoyed the reunion segment in 2001 than Michael's solo set lol

I enjoyed it too but I just don't see it happening.

There may not have been any media coverage but jermaine, jackie , latoya and randy have been in vegas this year, so if jermaine say they been in the studio recording and jackie admits to a jackson 5(jackson) tour, that tell me somthing must be happining!

Actually there is. They were recording an album called "Humanity" in 1996/97

HUMANITY
EVERYTHING IS A LIE
WE WILL ALWAYS BE TOGETHER
LOVE IN THE WRONG WAY
TIL' DEATH DO US PART ( RUMOURED TO HAVE EN VOGUE ON BACKING VOCALS)
ANGEL

humanitarian_11.jpg

humanitarian_21.jpg

I have no interest in a family tour. I am a mj fan.

I think it would be good if we get an MJ solo tour but his brothers could join him on stage for when he performs songs by The Jacksons/Jackson 5

Actually there is. They were recording an album called "Humanity" in 1996/97

HUMANITY
EVERYTHING IS A LIE
WE WILL ALWAYS BE TOGETHER
LOVE IN THE WRONG WAY
TIL' DEATH DO US PART ( RUMOURED TO HAVE EN VOGUE ON BACKING VOCALS)
ANGEL

humanitarian_11.jpg

humanitarian_21.jpg

Ooooh how do you feel?

I wouldnt mind seeing the Jacksons tour. In fact me and my brother and family was just talking about this today. My mom is all for it. She's been a fan of the Jacksons for years. Her and randy are the same age. I LOOOOOOVE the Jacksons music.

Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

so true. To be honest, if the Jackson 5 were to do a tour without Michael Jackson, ticket sales for sure will be doing badly like Janet Rock wit'u tour coz who would want to see some middle age man from the 70s old band doing their bubble gum pop ? that idea make me cringe.

The Jacksons had more than bubble gum pop. And their bubble gum pop is timeless music anyways. I'll Be There is still a believable track.. Never Can Say Goodbye... also their string of hits as an adult group. Did you cringe at the 30th Anniversary Reunion? I don't get that arguement at all.

Also, people older and who have been around as long as or longer than The Jacksons go on tours all the time, and many of them were much less successful.

Michael Jackson’s spokesperson, Dr. Tohme, in response to the rumors - begun by Jermaine - regarding Michael’s participation in a Jackson 5 reunion, has issued the following statement from Michael Jackson to PerezHilton.com:
“My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we’ve certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon.”

Michael Jackson’s spokesperson, Dr. Tohme, in response to the rumors - begun by Jermaine - regarding Michael’s participation in a Jackson 5 reunion, has issued the following statement from Michael Jackson to PerezHilton.com:
“My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we’ve certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon.”

Is that real?

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={37630AD1-3207-4F12-B78E-83E1F9545FB7}

Michael Jackson Issues Statement Regarding Participation in a Jackson 5 Reunion

Last update: 7:39 p.m. EDT Oct. 30, 2008
LOS ANGELES, Oct 30, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Michael Jackson's spokesperson, Dr. Tohme, in response to recent rumors regarding Michael's participation in a Jackson 5 reunion, has issued the following statement from Michael Jackson:

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon."
SOURCE: Scoop Marketing
Scoop Marketing
Larry Solters, 213-639-6160
solters@scoopmarketing.com

Copyright Business Wire 2008

I hope that statement is real... MJ issuing a speedy statement like that is pretty cool.

Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

The Jacksons had more than bubble gum pop. And their bubble gum pop is timeless music anyways. I'll Be There is still a believable track.. Never Can Say Goodbye... also their string of hits as an adult group. Did you cringe at the 30th Anniversary Reunion? I don't get that arguement at all.

Also, people older and who have been around as long as or longer than The Jacksons go on tours all the time, and many of them were much less successful.
I wholeheartedly agree. The Jackson 5ive were only never really "bubblegum pop"

alot of ya'll seem to not know alot about The Jackson 5 and Jacksons' output. Those albums are undeniable classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back