Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite - Confirmed not to include Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: World exculsive: Jackson 5 to reunite

That's the smartest comment in this thread :yes: Gotta love Jermaine but he has been spinning the tale for a long time now. I for one would love to see Michael on stage with his brothers again. However, I'm more interested in Michael get on that stage solo first :yes:
Jermaine does more interviews than any other brothers, even michael. he gets asked about a tour and he tell it as it is. janet confirmed that the family was working on it and she more or less said everything that Jermaine said. Jackie and latoya confirmed it too. I really doubt that the siblings would be confirming jermaines story if nothing was going on. i doubt jermaine would make that up.

Re: Jermaine talks: Jackson 5 to reunite

its not just jermaine who said it. many of his siblings have also said it. this time jermaine actually confirmed it. michael has been quiet for such a long time. i dont know why u guys find this hard to believe. he'll be out with a bang when nobody expects it and then most of u will have a heart attack lol

There's a little more truth in it this time.... ;)

I would love to see it too but I'd still like to see Michael do a solo one first :yes:

Jermaine does more interviews than any other brothers, even michael. he gets asked about a tour and he tell it as it is. janet confirmed that the family was working on it and she more or less said everything that Jermaine said. Jackie and latoya confirmed it too. I really doubt that the siblings would be confirming jermaines story if nothing was going on. i doubt jermaine would make that up.

People can plan all kinds of things but until it's official it's just a process of everyone wanting and or striving for it. When it's officially announced I think the doubters will be happy too :yes:

Just a way to keep himself in the spotlight. Thats all.
The entire Jackson siblings have kept out of the limelight for years even though they are LEGENDS in their own right and could hug the limelight if they wanted to. There is no name bigger than the Jacksons in the music field. They are the royal family of music. lesser than jermaine have hugged the limelight. Why does it bother 'People' that another Jackson icon want some limelight? they earned it.

People can plan all kinds of things but until it's official it's just a process of everyone wanting and or striving for it. When it's officially announced I think the doubters will be happy too :yes:
Of course. But we might as well harbour the possibility of it cause I believe it will happen. Also, it would protect Michael from the evil naysayers if he goes out with his family cause it would be much more difficult to attack him without attacking the rest of the family. Also, it would bring the American fans who may have deserted MJ, sol, but loves J5 and longs for their return.:D

I would love to see it too but I'd still like to see Michael do a solo one first :yes:
I think Mj would have a solo stint, just like the MSG thingie. Also, if it is a family thing, the jackson children will be involved. fancy seeing prince and paris and blanket performing on stage as part of the jackson family. I think the entire world would turn out for this tour.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

I think this will be a solo MJ tour, has to be hard for the brothers knowing promoters probably only want Michael and Michael only.

No offense to Jermaine, but I amnot buying this reunion story. If he wants to tour, then he should. I just have a hard time buying this story. Also, I didn't know that MJ is this "fallen pop star". That is "news" to me.

Jermaine said in early 2007 on the Richard & Judy Show that he was putting together a book about the Jackson 5. I hope he follows that through, as that's something more realistic at present and also something that would be of great interest to fans.

Now, that is something that Jermaine should be working on. That is more realistic than some tour that we all know is not happening. Mike is too concern about his solo work and his "comeback". I cannot understand why the brothers can go out and tour themselves. They have realitives that sing and dance. They can showcase their talent on tour. Why do they have to include Mike? Mike got other things to focus on. BTW, what is Jermaine doing at Aust. anyway? He has no show to promote.

Jermaine again?? - Jesus he never stops does he?? :lol:

I don't see MJ going bck to J5 at this time in his carrier, he would like to focus on him self IMO.

if they will ever do it,

book MANILA PLEASE!!!!!!

want to see MJ!!!!!!!!!! and the rest of the Jacksons

and yes i like the idea of a TV show, so the blinded people can see the real MJ

Former pop idol Michael Jackson will join his siblings in resurrecting the `70 hit band The Jackson 5, his older brother says.

Jermaine Jackson has confirmed rumours that The Jackson 5 are getting back together and says they will tour from next year.

Attending a pay TV launch in Sydney, Jackson said his siblings were all on board including Michael and Janet.

Rumours have been floating around for a year.

"This has been a long time coming for the Jackson family to get back together," Jackson told AAP.
"It is just the timing, so what we've been doing is working on the music and all the logistics.

"It is going to be more like a family affair, Janet's going to open and, of course, the original Jackson 5 ... Michael, Randy and the whole family ... we're in the studio, we're planning on being out there next year."

Jackson was the guest of honour at the Multi Channel Network's 2009 launch to advertisers in Sydney. Other guests included US actor Jenna Elfman, Sarah Murdoch and Olympian Ian Thorpe.

Among new Australian programs to be launched next year are a reality boxing show called The Contender and a local version of US hair styling competition Sheer Genius.

Andrew Denton will produce a new advertising TV show called 30 Seconds, while comedian Peter Moon will also get a new show.

Second series for Project Runway and Football Superstar were also announced.
Three new pay TV channels will be launched on Saturday and MCN boss Anthony Fitzgerald said there would be more next year.

Foxtel boss Kim Williams also spoke, adding that the channel was confident in their sports line-up following Network Ten's announcement that it would launch a sports channel.

"Bring it on," he said.

Article link: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=657329

ugcEnvironment = new UGC.Environment(); ugcEnvironment.hostType = "live"; ugcEnvironment.jsonRequestUrlBase = "http://data.ninemsn.com.au/ugc/"; var flock_count = 6; var flock_id = 240936; var flockSecurityKeyPair = {key : "DF8B9827344C0ACC2AF53880019FCD559FAA49893DB6DB04", message: "7CAFA3D1A6E2BB017386C5B2A992DD8382A6A3C0B2F3886C"}; UGC.Flock.init();

Hahahahaha.

How many times has Jermaine said this in the last 3 months? And Michael hasn't said anything on it. Yeah, I don't believe this...

After hearing this so many times, I won't believe it until there's been an official announcement of the tour plan. I hate to be cynical, but I have long suspected that MJ's family are trying to pressure him into performing with the brothers, using the media as a tool. I hope I'm wrong but it feels that way from time to time.

For my own part, I don't particularily want a family tour to happen. Janet and Michael have very different fan bases. I don't like her music post Rythm Nation at all and would prefer not to pay to see her.

I love the Jacksons/J5 and would love to see them perform a few of the group songs together, preferably ones they've never or rarely done live, but I see absolutely no point for them to be a part of Michael's solo songs.

looooooooool here we go again! Jermaine has to say this again!

i just hope there will be enough space for all the fans.

Just a way to keep himself in the spotlight. Thats all.

Yes indeed, he's been saying this for years!!

Someone are stil believe him? OMG, he's such a pain in the neck!

Yeah, he makes us the fans hope, and then we are disappointed, again and again, and now again!

He is simply doing it for his own publicity. Sorry..

Yeah, the only way he's gonna make it to the news papers are when he talks about his genuis brother MJ!

I sure hope so, but had the source been another than Jermaine I might had believed it a little more!
I believe Mike is planning a tour or just some shows, but I think he will want to do a MJ solo tour, not a J5 tour.

i hope it happens. i want a J5 reunion concert/tour soooo bad. all of the previous times jermaine mentioned a J5 reunion show he never actually confirmed it. he would always say "i hope", "we're discussing it", "it'll happen eventually" blah blah blah
this time he actually confirmed it. he said with absolute certainty that it will happen next year. he said whos going to open, he said that everyone including michael will be there. i dont think he'd give such details if it wasnt true.
You're right and I agree Roxy.
This would be an ultimate dream for me. MJ aaaaand his brothers?! Aaaaannnd Janet?! Oh yeaaaah!

change the record jermaine. *yawn*

Yeah, the only way he's gonna make it to the news papers are when he talks about his genuis brother MJ!

actually this time he isnt talking about michael alone but about his entire family including himself. hes out there representing his whole family and as a former member of the J5 i think hes entitled to speak for them as much as he wants. if he was out there talking about michaels solo project then yes u would be spot on. in that case he would be seeking publicity for himself using his famous brother's name. but in this case hes talking about projects that he himself is a part of. i think we should all thank him for doing interviews and informing us on what the jacksons are up to (incl michael) instead of accusing him of seeking publicity using michaels name.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you actually believe THIS TIME it might be true? :lol:

I'm always hoping these rumors are true. Other than having to split the profits equally with his family, I'd rather see MJ's brothers on stage doing background and dancing with him than strangers. The only downside is that working with family can sometimes be more problematic than working with strangers so...hmm....

Either way, I won't believe a tour (with or without the brothers) UNTIL I have a ticket in my hand. No wait, make that until I'm actually at the arena....no wait, make that until I'm actually AT the concert and MJ is actually ON the stage doing his thing. :lol: Otherwise, I'm in the "grain of salt" territory.

This is probably the ONE thing concerning MJ that I have a somewhat pessimistic outlook about. This rumor has been going on for so long without anything happening that it's kinda hard to get genuinely excited anymore. When I hear Michael say it's a possibility, maybe then I'll get that tiny flutter of excitement in my belly. Til then, it's just another day of the same old same old. Meh.

i think we should all thank him for doing interviews and informing us on what the jacksons are up to (incl michael) instead of accusing him of seeking publicity using michaels name.
fans arent gonna thank him when most fans dont believe a word he says in relation to things like this lol.atthe end of every year he says the same thing lol its been going on since the early 90s at least lol the boy who cried wolf comes to mind.

errr... I think I'll believe it when a press conference or official statement comes, words don't really mean much otherwise. And I agree with Shannon, I'd rather see Michael by himself first.

Yeah, everybodys' tired of hearing the same ol' thing from Jermaine but,
maybe it''ll all pan out this time.
One can hope.

Michael will never EVER reunite with The Jacksons, he might perform one time or so, but forget about album and touring with them. Jermaine is cool and all but he's been talking about them reuniting for years now, and everytime he does that it seem as his promoting some new shows his in. I wonder what he is up to now!

Michael has a legacy to take care of. After being charged with shitty allegations, going to court and ridiculed by the media. You really thing he'll go back to the Jackson 5? I don't think he want's to be remembered like that and end his career like that either.

I love the Jacksons and their act, together with Michael on stage is magic. But I just don't see this happening.

Either way, I won't believe a tour (with or without the brothers) UNTIL I have a ticket in my hand. No wait, make that until I'm actually at the arena....no wait, make that until I'm actually AT the concert and MJ is actually ON the stage doing his thing.

LOL. Jermaine is something else at times. This man has been saying this about the tour for years and nothing happens. It is like doing the same boring thing over and over again. I would love the brothers to tour together but that is not happening anytime soon. Mike is focusing on his own thing. I think that Jermaine needs to focus on that book, which is more likely to happen, than a tour that might never happen.

The semi insults that fans are saying about Jermaine is starting to become old an annoying. Jermaine can say whatever he wants to say about his brother. I rather hear what Jerm has to say than other people that like to describe MJ as this "tortured" soul. Just saying.

actually this time he isnt talking about michael alone but about his entire family including himself. hes out there representing his whole family and as a former member of the J5 i think hes entitled to speak for them as much as he wants. if he was out there talking about michaels solo project then yes u would be spot on. in that case he would be seeking publicity for himself using his famous brother's name. but in this case hes talking about projects that he himself is a part of. i think we should all thank him for doing interviews and informing us on what the jacksons are up to (incl michael) instead of accusing him of seeking publicity using michaels name.
Well said. At a time when MJ was receiving major negative publicity across the entire world. Jermaine jackson came to britIain and sat in that Big brother house and showed the entire world how samne and respectful the jackson were. he was a sight for sore eyes. the entire british nation fell in love with Jermaine. they couldn't have enough oof him. he was the star in the house. Jermaine put the jackson family back on the map and calmed the negative tide against michael. i can't tell you how many times MJ's music eas played. they even had an J5 party in the house. Jermaine has his own charisma, he doesn't need Michael jackson. he did it again in gone country. he almost one. he has every right to go on tv and speak about his family, including MIchael. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back