Jackson Family announces burial plans

Аre there any beliefs connected to burial at the same day one is born? I am really confused about that. This day (29 th) will produce so much energy all around the world, for me it would have been a day to go to a church, light a candle, smile through tears, think about him, try to be happy about what he was and how he affected my life, but i am raised not to be happy when somebody close is buried and now this will be also his burial day...And it is deliberate, they had so much time to think, plan and yet they chose his birthday. It is not just weird, it is devastating. Now the press will produce again those super strange stories about this. I just can imagine something like "strange even in death"...

Couldn`t he be buried a day later or earlier?

Sorry, just trying to find any reasons...

I actually like the idea of crypt. Seems less morbid than a ground burial. And maybe its just me, but I dont mind the crypt to be private.. I know we fans wants to visit his grave, including me.. But this will ensure him total peace and privacy and his children can visit him in peace and quiet whenever they want. This is just what Michael needs. A resting place for family members only. And yes, maybe its just me but I dont mind his burial being on his birthday. Plently of other people have been buried on their birthdays and I think the only people not liking the idea are the people around the deceased. Michael is gone, I dont think the date matters to him. What matters the most is that his burial wont turn into a daily mob scene and a tourist attraction.

I agree 100% :yes:

oh stop complaining about not being able to visit him, people have threatened to steal his coffin for god's sake! you want to hear on the news that some crazy madman did god knows what to his grave? michael doesn't need this anymore, for once fans need to stop putting themselves first

Co-sign :yes:

I also hope theres a good reason why its on his birthday but then again the Jackson famaly doesnt celebrate birthdays. I hope someday theres a place where we, the fans, can go and pay our respect :boohoo:

I checked out the website for where he is going to be buried and I like it and agree with the location. I hope to visit it one day when i come to California as well as Neverland and Havehurst. Rest In Peace Finally Michael.

Also Why on this day I think it took two month to get the location prepared.

I don't understand why they made even the time public. I just hope it is private, although I'm sure many people will gather as close as they can get to where he will be.
So devastating, I'm upset that he will be laid to rest on his birthday. It seems not quite right to me. But I have faith in the Jackson family, and their reasons for doing so.

I'm now gonna go and cry a few tears, to try and take this in. :cry:

The place fit for a King...
And the crypt is better than to be buried in the ground in unmarked place.
Seems it's the best what family can do in this situation...
Beautiful, safe, private and in Peace.

Wish he still would be here with us on Earth much longer... :(

I'm glad they're resting Michael in an enclosed area :) and I think burying him on his birthday is a good idea. They're setting him free on a day that is celebrated because he took his first breath on that very day years ago. Love you MJ :(

Why his birthday? Already a difficult day and now his burial will happen also, double whammy.

It doesnt matter now, at least it will finally be done, hopefully without any intrusion.

From ForestLawn.com

ContentTheGreatMausoleum1.jpg

With its architectural inspiration coming from the world-famous Campo Santo in Genoa, Italy, the Great Mausoleum has been called the "New World's Westminster Abbey" by Time Magazine. Shown here is Memorial Terrace, the entrance to the Last Supper Window and the Memorial Court of Honor, where exact reproductions of the greatest works of Michelangelo are on display.

17945984.jpg

3462856.jpg

I'm glad Michael will be resting there in peace. What a beautiful place! A wonderful place for Michael.

Finally, our dear Michael will be buried. Coming from a Chinese background, it is also something weird as well, but I believe his family had made the best decision for him. God bless you Michael, we will love you forever, no matter where you are.

does that mean a building is going to be made for michael, to put the coffin in? Or are they putting it in one that's already built?

I'm thinking that maybe they paid for his own private area or room within that mausoleum that was posted.

EDIT: Looked at the pics mjbunny posted, not the type of crypt I was thinking of, still nice though.

So after crying and going numb for quite some time and watching a report about this on Sky News :)cry:), I decided to attempt being more constructive and see what I could find about the place. Here are some pics of what it looks like inside the mausoleum. I'm sure there are others out there that we'll find in time:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=373&PIpi=190811

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65418973@N00/2317622323 (Interesting text, about the artwork inside. The photographer wishes it was open to the public.)

http://lisaburks.typepad.com/jeanharlow/forest_lawn (A Jean Harlow fan describes it a bit. Scroll to the bottom for picture of her crypt room.)

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Maps/ForestLawnGreatMausoleumMap.shtml (A map of where some famous people are interred. Click on names to see more.)

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/ronslog/3477867 (I'm not completely positive this is inside the Great Mausoleum, as there are other mausoleums at Forest Lawn as well. Anyway, it's a beautiful photo.)

Last edited:
I know that this is incredibly hard for everyone here because now it seems like it's final. But I am glad and relieved that Michael's body will finally be laid to rest somewhere very beautiful, peaceful and grand. . .befitting of him.

The Great Mausoleum is gorgeous judging by the pictures posted on this thread. I've been to famous cemetaries in Paris and Buenos Aires and crypts seem to be the norm there, especially if you are a family that can afford it. I think crypts are beautiful because you can decorate them however you want and it could be an expression of yourself. At least, the crypts I saw in Paris and BA were very grandoise with statues and even murals.

Perhaps the family knew all along that they wanted to bury Michael at the Great Mausoleum, but Forest Lawn had to construct one or prepare one for him and that's part of the reason why it has taken this long. I mean, sometimes people buy plot/crypts in advance to construct them the way they want it.

Jean Harlow's crypt in the pics above looks very beautiful and big. I am just wondering if the family has chosen to purchase a large crypt, so that they could all be kept together when they pass away, like a family crypt. Clark Gable is located right next to his two ex-wives in the Great Mausoleum. But I guess it's kind of morbid to think about that right now. I would just like Michael to be surrounded by loved ones for all eternity.

As for being buried on his bday, that did strike me as odd. But Michael's body really needs to be laid to rest. Maybe it's symbolic for the family.

ETA: In that Jean Harlow crypt blog above, it said that fans WERE able to somehow get in to see Jean Harlow's PRIVATE crypt. All they had to do was PAY OFF the security guards. Now I am very disturbed and worried for Michael.:(

So after crying and going numb for quite some time and watching a report about this on Sky News :)cry:), I decided to attempt being more constructive and see what I could find about the place. Here are some pics of what it looks like inside the mausoleum. I'm sure there are others out there that we'll find in time:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=373&PIpi=190811

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65418973@N00/2317622323 (Interesting text, about the artwork inside. The photographer wishes it was open to the public.)

http://lisaburks.typepad.com/jeanharlow/forest_lawn (A Jean Harlow fan describes it a bit. Scroll to the bottom for picture of her crypt room.)

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Maps/ForestLawnGreatMausoleumMap.shtml (A map of where some famous people are interred. Click on names to see more.)

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/ronslog/3477867 (I'm not completely positive this is inside the Great Mausoleum, as there are other mausoleums at Forest Lawn as well. Anyway, it's a beautiful photo.)

thats first photo can't be where they are? Thats more like a mortuary???

ETA: In that Jean Harlow crypt blog above, it said that fans WERE able to somehow get in to see Jean Harlow's PRIVATE crypt. All they had to do was PAY OFF the security guards. Now I am very disturbed and worried for Michael.:(

oh :cry: hopefully he is sfe where it is.. im just so sad.

I,m "hapy"his body is layd to rest.
But i,m hurt by the thought that "we" the fans are nowhere in the plan.
I know it,s alla bout the family, but michael called "us" also his family.
Now i,m not expecting that we all should have the same privileges.
But between both opposites should be something possible to create a place where we also can pay our tribute for his grave/tombe.....

I don,t like this.....
It feels like that the "fans" are forgotten.
"we" also are human beings who are mourning and grieving and we ar enot getting any chance........
I,m so sad.
Maybe i need to sleep a night before i can ventilate my opinion in a good way.
Though i,m very impressed by the beautifull mausoleum.
It looks like something for our sweet michael.......

I,m "hapy"his body is layd to rest.
But i,m hurt by the thought that "we" the fans are nowhere in the plan.
I know it,s alla bout the family, but michael called "us" also his family.
Now i,m not expecting that we all should have the same privileges.
But between both opposites should be something possible to create a place where we also can pay our tribute for his grave/tombe.....

I don,t like this.....
It feels like that the "fans" are forgotten.
"we" also are human beings who are mourning and grieving and we ar enot getting any chance........
I,m so sad.
Maybe i need to sleep a night before i can ventilate my opinion in a good way.
Though i,m very impressed by the beautifull mausoleum.
It looks like something for our sweet michael.......

I feel we're forgotten too.
I never got to meet Michael and would have loved to visit his final resting place.
I do like the pictures of the place though.

thats first photo can't be where they are? Thats more like a mortuary???
That's it for real, yeah. Looks like a pretty normal mausoleum inside to me, at least in that area. But that's just part of the inside. Jean Harlow has her own crypt room somewhere in the place.

it's in a mausoleum so he won't be buried underground. sort of like a crypt.how they did it in the french quarter

I'm glad they're doing this. I could never imagine them piling mounds of dirt on top of him. I wish he were cremated but this is the next best thing I guess. At least he'll have his privacy and the family can be sure nothing funny will happen.

Please...Please someone tell me this is all just some messed up nightmare...This can't be it...I don't want to say goodbye to him..EVER!!

I wish the whole thing was fake!! I wish he was just faking his death!! I could forgive him easily....I grew up listning to his songs and watching him on TV....He's the only person I looked up to....It was him that inspired me to do charity work...and try and save the enviroment...In a way..I am what I am today because of him...I'm so grateful to him for that..

Oh god..My heart is totally destroyed...I've lost the most important thing of my childhood...Please Michael...Please come back...Don't leave us...

oh stop complaining about not being able to visit him, people have threatened to steal his coffin for god's sake! you want to hear on the news that some crazy madman did god knows what to his grave? michael doesn't need this anymore, for once fans need to stop putting themselves first
I hope he's safe in there:cry:... even though I don't like the day they chose and the fact I won't be able to visit him, not even once in my life:cry:

Back