[History concert] From the MJ2040 Spaceship to 3D Cinemas!

by reading these ridiculous comments, that IS bitching to me.
And I am calm, thank you for your concern. Just because I use word that is to harsh, doesn't mean I am furious.

I don't expect anyone to have the same opinion as me. Nor I am someone who thinks everything Michael did was perfect. I am one of the most criticizing fans here.

-----from here its not only @ you (respect77)------

we should accept the way History tour was and if they didn't realize what a performer he was after all these performances, videos and albums, then some History tour won't do any differ. Nor will Dangerous Bad or Victory change that.

One more thing, you all should expand your horizon and see that there is more then Michael in this world. He was very good singer and performer, there are and were other just as good and better then him. Because many here are only fixed about Michael and sadly miss other atrists great releases or don't care whats happening outsides Michaels world.
the things you are so affraid or so concern of, are things every other performer in this world has to deal. no matter how good he/she is, there always going to be negative critics, . you don't have to see everything so tight and expect to be presented in the perfect way.

---@ respect77---

that serious downer you mention, then every concert thats been out in the last decade, must been torn appart in your country. Lipsynchng isn't taken seen as big problem anymore for long time. to me Hitsory tour is no different to todays tours.

think that way, are you going to enjoy this concert yourself. and not if others will or not.

Lom Kit, this is not about expecting Michael to be perfect. The bottom line is, if there is a theatrical release I want Michael to be showcased at his best. I don't even mind a HIStory DVD, but a theatrical release should be made of a better choice than HIStory IMO. And all of Michael's other tours would be a better choice IMO. But I made my point already, there is no reason to go in circles about this. At the end of the day it likely will be released and I certainly hope that it will do Michael's reputation more good than bad. Hopefully my bad feelings about this would be proven wrong.

if they release a history concert. then please LEIPZIG. the best history concert ever. i was there. first row. and MJ blowed me away. the atmosphere, the performance, the mike, especially the mike was so relaxed. never forget a second of this. and that 15 years later.

so please use LEIPZIG :punk:

If releasing HWT for cinemas would damage Michael's legacy, the tour wouldn't had been a huge success in the first place... :doh:

Is there footage availabe from Leipzing? I couldn't find on YT...

hat would be awesome :)
Or the birthday show in Copenhagen :)
History is by far my favorite MJ concert.

Isnt the birthday copenhagen the one he showed in the private home movies special?

Something interesting:

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment said it is releasing sci-fi action movie I, Robot, starring Will Smith, on 3D Blu-ray later this year — the first in a series of legacy movies the studio plans to re-release in the high-definition format.

The announcement was made April 16 at the NAB confab in Las Vegas. I, Robot, which grossed nearly $350 million at the box office, earned an Oscar nomination in 2005 for best special effects. It was released May 24, 2005, in a two-disc DVD all-access collector's edition and on Blu-ray Disc March 11, 2008.

The studio is working with JVC Kenwood, which has developed a process that allows for the conversion of 2D movies to 3D at a third of the $50,000 to $70,000 per minute it costs to transfer a typical feature film to 3D. Specifically, the new process significantly reduces the amount of labor required to “rotoscope” each frame of a movie, according to Fox.

“The advances in 3D conversion technology developed by JVC has exceeded our most optimistic expectations,” Danny Kaye, EVP of global research and technology with 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, said in a statement. “We look forward to bringing movies like the already visually stunning I, Robot to home on 3D Blu-ray.”

Futuresource Consulting predicts there will be 8.8 million households with 3D-equipped HDTVs by the end of 2012 and more than 18 million households by the end of 2013. The increased interest in the format will bring a greater demand for quality 3D movies in the marketplace.

Cheaper and quicker

Twentieth Century Fox has announced that Alex Proyas’ I, Robot will be the first movie converted using JVC’s new technology, and then released on Blu-ray later this year. It’s the first in a series of back catalog titles the studio plans to release.

Converting 2D footage to 3D has traditionally been an expensive and time-consuming process, with JVC’s director of video technology estimating it costs between $50,000 and $70,000 per minute of footage, and a team of 700 people may take nine months to complete the work.

That’s manageable if your budget is $175 million, but not if you’re attempting to convert a ten year-old film many people will already own. JVC says films like I, Robot will take “three people three months to convert at a third of the price” using its new technology, meaning the task is being given to computers rather than human artists.

Post-production 3D has been used on such “hits” as the aforementioned John Carter, along with many others including Wrath of the Titans and the re-release of Star Wars Episode One.

If the 3D failed to impress in these movies, which presumably had hundreds of people working on them, can leaving the conversion process down to computers make it any better?

Executives at Twentieth Century Fox, who have partnered with JVC on this project, believe so, saying the “advances in 3D conversion technology have exceeded our most optimistic expectations,” and that it will allow them to release more titles in the future.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ew-conversion-tech-solve-3ds-content-drought/

Last edited:
one thing...for those of us who have impaired vision(not blind) and have never used three d glasses..is this three d something that requires some type of glasses?

Hopefully they won't use the Munich Concert seen it too many times

In my opinion this (and anything else from HIStory tour) would be better suited to a collectors label for MJ fans only. Major releases should always present Michael in the best possible light artistically so as to preserve his rightful place in music history. And to keep his name strong and associated with a high level of quality releases so people will continue to buy major releases down the line. Michael deserves to be treated the way artists like Bob Dylan, Beatles, Elvis, Springsteen, Miles Davis are treated by the music public. HIStory tour doesn't accomplish this. Maybe my Grandma would enjoy it, but critics will not take it seriously. And as much as I'd like to not care about that, they do have quite a large say in how the general public views the history of music. Past, present and future. And having it slammed in the media damages the marketability of future projects and makes it harder for the estate to get people back on their side. The Elvis estate refuse to release his 1977 filmed concerts to the public because of fear that it would damage all the good work they have done to rebuild the respectability to his name and work.

Personally, I'd like to have as many HIStory tour shows in the best possible quality as I can get. This is one of the reasons why a collectors label would be such a good idea.

At the end of the day, no this would not be the end of the world if were to go through. I'd just prefer the estate think about the big picture a little more. And if it does happen, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. And hey, nothing could possibly come close to the disaster that was the "Michael" album, so at least there's that to be thankful for.

I definitely agree with those who are saying that HWT is not Michael at his best. I'd release some other tour.

But at the same time I'm THANKFUL that Michael is not reading this, we, fans, are so hard on him!

HIStory tour doesn't accomplish this. Maybe my Grandma would enjoy it,
Don't get me wrong, I know we want him to be presented in the best way possible but I think he ALWAYS pushed himself way too much already and HWT is what he was capable of at the time. I believe he tried his best. I think with all these comments we made HWT look completely worthless, which is not the case, at least in my opinion!

Last edited:
Any news?
We probably won't hear anything about this until at least 2013. The rest of 2012 will be for Bad 25. After all, there are no concrete plans for a HIStory tour release that we know of. It's just something the estate wants to release, but I don't think the details are ironed out yet.

Don't get me wrong. I attended a HIStory tour show at 12 years old and absolutely loved it. But there is a difference between seeing Michael Jackson in front of you and watching him on a TV or movie screen. As a big time MJ fan, I can look at it now and find certain things enjoyable about it. He put on a great spectacle. His dancing at times was great. Musically though it was terrible and that is ultimately where Michael will be judged. The estate is better off knuckling down and really looking for some 35mm or 16mm film of the Bad, Dangerous or even Victory tours if they want to release a concert on the big screen.

For releasing it in theaters, they could always do this :p No one would know the difference

LOL, yeah. It's better than lip-synching to obvious studio vocals. BTW, I looked around a bit on the market and I can see now what Lom Kit said about a lot of artists these days lip-synching. And not just the Britney Spears types, but people like Peter Gabriel, Roger Waters (Pink Floyd). Here is one by Waters and his fans admit under the video that he lip-synchs through concerts:

Having said that, I'm still not comfortable with the idea a HIStory concert being released as a high profile cinema release. Even if others do it too, I'm sure Michael would be ripped apart for it (and actually other artists get criticized for it too, so it's not like people don't care - it's frowned upon mostly) and it would be held against him, I'm sure.

I'm much more happy about Wembley'88 getting its air time on BBC this Christmas. That's how people have to see Michael.

Wow, i made respecr77 think twice about something i wrote hahaha

I was watching Titanic blu-ray few weeks ago. I hate "my heart will go on", but i searched YT for it. And watched other performances of Celine. She's lypsynching too, and she also admit it. That was a shock. Many of MHWGO performances are lypsynched and her last tour too. cause she had problems with her troath. She had surgery done.
So see, even other big singers do it.
BTW Celine is very funny person with great sense of humour.

Last edited:
Wow, i made respecr77 think twice about something i wrote hahaha

I was watching Titanic blu-ray few weeks ago. I hate "my heart will go on", but i searched YT for it. And watched other performances of Celine. She's lypsynching too, and she also admit it. That was a shock. Many of MHWGO performances are lypsynched and her last tour too. cause she had problems with her troath. She had surgery done.
So see, even other big singers do it.
BTW Celine is very funny person with great sense of humour.

Contrary to what you assume, posting on Internet forums is nothing personal to me. I can agree with a person on something and disagree with him in another subject. ;)

I realize what you say about other artists, but even if many (if not most) do it, they are still criticized and ripped apart for lip-synching when "caught". The comments under that Roger Waters video are not praiseful, to say the least. I do not think Michael should be exposed to that if not necessary. I'm not even against releasing HWT in a low key fan release, but cinema release? Please no! That would do more harm than good IMO. The Estate should rather try to find film reels from BWT for a cinema release.

Re: From the MJ2040 Spaceship to 3D Cinemas!

Every show on the tour was 90% playback? How does anyone know what particular concert will be released? Could they combine the setlist from different shows?

As I can remember, during the Bucharest show (HWT), he had some problems with the playback. As a result of that, he had to sing some of the parts live. And he did it pretty well...

And to answer someone who asked about the 3D technology - yes, you do need special glasses to watch such a movie.
I wish they didn't make me dizzy though - could enjoy those gold pants much better :cheeky:

I'd like to see a ''Best Of The HIStory Tour'' Blu Ray/DVD release where all the best performances of the HIStory Tour are edited together into one big concert. I know that alot of fans hate edited shows but it really wouldn't bother me if it was done with the HIStory Tour.

A never before seen footage containing behind the scenes of the HIStory tour got leaked. Michael is seen choreographing and laying out the concert with Kenny Ortega and Travis Payne. It also contains scenes of fans talking about Michael.

The release of the footage there is work going on for 3D cinema presentation on HIStory tour. More info :-
http://www.damienshields.com/never-...history-world-tour-rehearsals-appears-online/

I am excited now! :D I hope they can release it this year but nothing has been notified by the estate ever since Branca's announcement. -_- A sufficient amount of work has already been done I am guessing.

While that is some really cool behind the scenes footage I still don't think that the HIStory Tour should be released in cinemas. Michael will be ripped apart for the obvious lip syncing

A never before seen footage containing behind the scenes of the HIStory tour got leaked. Michael is seen choreographing and laying out the concert with Kenny Ortega and Travis Payne. It also contains scenes of fans talking about Michael.

The release of the footage there is work going on for 3D cinema presentation on HIStory tour. More info :-
http://www.damienshields.com/never-...history-world-tour-rehearsals-appears-online/

I am excited now! :D I hope they can release it this year but nothing has been notified by the estate ever since Branca's announcement. -_- A sufficient amount of work has already been done I am guessing.

the rehearsal footage in Prague was filmed with Professional Camera's, perhaps on 16/35mm film as it was planned to be released along with the Munich Concert in 1997. would he cool to see thy as bonus features on a HWT Blu-Ray.

Back