DJ Benny-D and Akon Set to Perform with Michael at O2

People are really taking my comments the wrong way. Here is what I am trying to get across:

1) Don't let your night be ruined by an opening act
2) All singers have opening acts and its impossible that everyone will agree on who that should be
3) Akon has talent. You don't have 30+ top 10 hits on the Billboard charts by being a dud
4)I am not trying to force people into liking Akon, simply opening your mind for Michael's sake
5) This concert series is being planned by Michael, so respect his decisions and atleast keep an open mind because Michael will not let us down
6) People ARE over-reacting way too much in my opinion, Michael has to pick somebody to open for him, would you guys rather some no name person who nobody has heard of?

I hope I have cleared some of the issues up. I did not intend to offend or anger anybody!

O what a charming song that was! And then he took it too literally and went nuts on a fans face! Great guy :D

hahahaha

and smooth_criminal05 my mind is well and truly open, I don't like Akon, I've not heard anything from him with substance, it's what I call chewing gum music, just like the gum you enjoy it for a while then after the tase has gone you throw it away and then move on to the next peice of gum in the packet.

Michael needs to work with people in his own league.

He needs to leave Akon, Rodney Jerkins and Will.I.Am alone.

Btw i'm not bashing your opinion, if you like him that's cool bro.

People need to be more respectful. Did Akon like kill your puppies or something? He's got talent, stop whining.

People need to be more respectful. Did Akon like kill your puppies or something? He's got talent, stop whining.

Whether you like him or think hes got talent or whatever is your opinion. Just like its my opinion that he hasn't got talent. People have to earn respect, and smacking a fan in the face isn't the right way to go about it! Why should I show respect for someone who's music I don't like and who behaves that way?

I do however respect people who have their own opinion. Which you clearly do not! So try practicing what you preach!

Not one person on this thread who doesn't like Akon has insulted someone who does like Akon! Why should we be told to quit whining, that we are ridiculous and immature, and that we are closed mined, and just judging him without giving him a chance! When in fact its extremely immature, closed minded, ridiculous and judging to lay into someone because they don't have the same opinion and taste as you. The world is full of different shades and colours and you need to accept that!

Now leave us alone! If we wanna express our disatiffication at Akon being the support act then let us. If you don't like it, then don't read it! Just stop attacking us!!!

I give up with you people sometimes!!:punk::punk::no:

Michael is not stupid , he knows how important these shows are! Akon has a wide appeal, like it or not, he is also learning lots from Michael and it is very apparent on FReedom!

To hear him sing WBSS with Michael and also HOLD MY HAND! which who knows but they may even show the actual video there!! Would be amazing. Look , again like it or not, there is always gueststars on Michaels tours, in fact its good, you get to realise how much an awesome entertainer Michael is, plus how much admiration that other artists have for him.

Im actually glad, that Akon is going to be at some dates,, unfortunatly not mine, but who knows they may expand, because i remember all the many doubters last year saying he dont know what he is talking about, when he said that Michael and me are going on tour! Well now its happening!!

I love hold my hand, think the two voices are so unique and as always Michaels vocals are soaring above Akons, but you can hear how Akons has gone more melody driven now.

Its going to be my 8th concert i have seen Michael in, this time im sure its going to be a bit less of the big bang show and more of the unplugged, but still with special touches and effects.

Please ppl give Michael a chance, in fact no dont! and i know from past experience if your a newie to seeing him in Concert he will blow you away!! Anway for now keep the faith and let him show you that this is definetly IT!!:doh::doh::doh::clapping::clapping::clapping:

hahahaha

and smooth_criminal05 my mind is well and truly open, I don't like Akon, I've not heard anything from him with substance, it's what I call chewing gum music, just like the gum you enjoy it for a while then after the tase has gone you throw it away and then move on to the next peice of gum in the packet.

Michael needs to work with people in his own league.

He needs to leave Akon, Rodney Jerkins and Will.I.Am alone.

Btw i'm not bashing your opinion, if you like him that's cool bro.

Who do you consider in Michaels League? Who should he work with?

Whether you like him or think hes got talent or whatever is your opinion. Just like its my opinion that he hasn't got talent. People have to earn respect, and smacking a fan in the face isn't the right way to go about it! Why should I show respect for someone who's music I don't like and who behaves that way?

I do however respect people who have their own opinion. Which you clearly do not! So try practicing what you preach!

Not one person on this thread who doesn't like Akon has insulted someone who does like Akon! Why should we be told to quit whining, that we are ridiculous and immature, and that we are closed mined, and just judging him without giving him a chance! When in fact its extremely immature, closed minded, ridiculous and judging to lay into someone because they don't have the same opinion and taste as you. The world is full of different shades and colours and you need to accept that!

Now leave us alone! If we wanna express our disatiffication at Akon being the support act then let us. If you don't like it, then don't read it! Just stop attacking us!!!

Stop Whining LoL

Look however people put it Akon IS good for Michael

Plus Michael chose him so 100% win on the Akon supporters

*BEATLESBOY WILL BE COMIN THE O2 ON AUGUST 28TH AND JAN 29TH 2010*, Michael i got you a special gift, i know your gonna like it. See ya soon

Terry

Who do you consider in Michaels League? Who should he work with?

I believe these producers could get the best out of Michael (what a producer should do)

Rick Rubin
Rich Harrison
Bloodshy & Avant
Mark Stent
Glen Ballard
Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis
and Me :)

please don't tell people to stop whining, come up with some decent points instead :) afer all this is a , discussion, board.

^^ Glen Ballard goooood choice! I would be interested to see what Linda Perry could do with him aswell. Shes worked with lots of "pop" acts, but she has a rock edge (my fave kind of michael :D) but I think she only works with female acts...still, it would be interesting to see what they could come up with together!

Also although Im not a huge fan, I would like to see Michael work with Neptunes. I know pharell is a huge fan as been trying to get the oppourtunity for ages. Wrote a song for Invinsible but Michael turned it down, then usher had a hit with it. And listening to it, it would have made a good song for Michael. I think they would know what avenue to take with Michael instead of trying to make him sound like every urban artist out there...

^^ Glen Ballard goooood choice! I would be interested to see what Linda Perry could do with him aswell. Shes worked with lots of "pop" acts, but she has a rock edge (my fave kind of michael :D) but I think she only works with female acts...still, it would be interesting to see what they could come up with together!

Also although Im not a huge fan, I would like to see Michael work with Neptunes. I know pharell is a huge fan as been trying to get the oppourtunity for ages. Wrote a song for Invinsible but Michael turned it down, then usher had a hit with it. And listening to it, it would have made a good song for Michael. I think they would know what avenue to take with Michael instead of trying to make him sound like every urban artist out there...

Linda Perry, didn't she co-write Alicia Key's Superwoman?

I believe these producers could get the best out of Michael (what a producer should do)

Rick Rubin
Rich Harrison
Bloodshy & Avant
Mark Stent
Glen Ballard

please don't tell people to stop whining, come up with some decent points instead :) afer all this is a , discussion, board.

Heres a good point, how has a thread about Akon PERFORMING with Michael turned into which PRODUCER should work with Michael? This is completely off topic, hows about some people in Michaels league he could PERFORM with?

Heres a good point, how has a thread about Akon PERFORMING with Michael turned into which PRODUCER should work with Michael? This is completely off topic, hows about some people in Michaels league he could PERFORM with?

you asked the question 'Who do you consider in Michaels League? Who should he work with?' you have taken it off topic by asking me that question.

you asked the question 'Who do you consider in Michaels League? Who should he work with?' you have taken it off topic by asking me that question.

Considering I worte the line "Who should he work with" In a thread about Akon performing probably hints more towards who should he work with whilst performing...............or does it point more towards directors for his next short film?

Considering I worte the line "Who should he work with" In a thread about Akon performing probably hints more towards who should he work with whilst performing...............or does it point more towards directors for his next short film?

Theres really no need to be rude like that!

Theres really no need to be rude like that!

I am not being rude, I am just pointing out the obvious, there are other threads dedicated to which producers MJ should work with, this is about Live performing, simple as

I am not being rude, I am just pointing out the obvious, there are other threads dedicated to which producers MJ should work with, this is about Live performing, simple as

Yes but it was just a misunderstanding. You asked him who he thought he should work with, yes in a thread about performing with Akon, or akon supporting him. HOWEVER! You asked that question in response to him saying that he should leave Akon, Rodney Jerkins, and Will.I.Am alone...producers and performers!!!! So not so black and white and obvious as you make out. So don't be rude, just reitterate your question and let him answer!

Aaaaaaaaaah too much text, I am going to sleep.........................

Akon 100% Win!

Posted on digitalspy...

Akon has now been confirmed as support act for the following shows:

8th July
10th July
12th July
14th July
16th July
18th July
22nd July
24th July
26th July
28th July
17th August
19th August
21st September
23rd September
27th September
29th September

It was confirmed via Akon's tour DJ, who posted the dates on his website

If this is true, at least I won't have to suffer him twice! :D

lol.. my dates are july 30th 1august and 3rd august... honestly i couldn't care if akon was showing up on a few dates.

ask anybody who went to the 30th anniversary concert with ALL those artist. would you say that their night was ruined because of that? don't think so. some of you need to chill out. it's not like he is doing the whole show with mike.

No, Akon Fail

So Thriller 25 wasn't a success?
Hold My Hand, was not gonna be a hit?
The guys got so many popular tunes, thats a fail?
Michael CHOSE to work with him?
All The above proves fail, even if he is s**t then Michael wanting to work with you is complete YES! DAS IST GUD!

Rick Rubin
Rich Harrison
Bloodshy & Avant
Mark Stent
Glen Ballard

if rick rubin produced michael that would be amazing!!!

All The above proves fail, even if he is s**t then Michael wanting to work with you is complete YES! DAS IST GUD!

Sorry, but yes, for me Akon is still a fail. Didn't like Hold my hand, because of him. But I have to respect Michaels decision, that's right.. He got many popular tunes, yeah, but for me, the songs are so bad. Only one song is ok, ghetto.

But yes, I have to respect mjs decision.

If they gonna sing hold my hand and MJ'll get a bigger part, great, looking forward to seeing and hearing it!! :D

hold my hand wasnt any good!
and it wasnt a hit either o_O
i didnt even hear michael singing at all lol
i can just hope that he`s not gonna make songs like HMH in the future...
thats def not michael jackson!

Back