DJ Benny-D and Akon Set to Perform with Michael at O2

I can see them performing WBSS together, which is good because that way he can save his voice a little i think.
And if y'all heard him sing wbss live on his last 2 tours, you'll know what i'm talking about.

Too much akon hate here...

Too much akon hate here...

and u are wondering why?
because akon isnt any talented and the music he makes is totally different to michaels. i personally dont like any of his songs, i just dont like him at all to put it in nice words..
the song hold my hand wasnt "good" as well.. and thats enough for me to be sure that i dont want him on stage together with the king of pop.
thats ridiculous :doh:

If Michael and Akon appear on stage together...That's my "perfect" night ruined!

If Michael and Akon appear on stage together...That's my "perfect" night ruined!

omg its not plannend for the opening???! :bugeyed
that would su*k omg. this gotta be not true plz!
im so happy hes not supposed to be on stage at 24th august ^.^
but too bad for all iother fans

You guys are all ridiculous. Look at how immature you are acting! By the sounds of some the reactions in here you could swear the devil himself was announced to perform with MJ. I have been to an Akon concert....trust me, he is a very good live performer. I can understand that some of you do not like Akon's voice and thats fine. However, Akon and MJ are friends and will be working together in the future. It's clear Michael appreciates Akon's talent and for the general public it will look good if a big star like Akon appaers at some of the concerts. I am attending the Sept 6th concert which Akon won't be attending which is a shame because I truly enjoy Akon's music and his performance style.

For all you Akon haters, give him a chance, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. If not...you can always give your tickets to me!

^^ Its immature to have our own opinions and personal tastes? We are all clearly passionate bout the music we listen to otherwise we wouldn't be on a musicians fansite! If people don't like Akon, its cos we have already given him a chance and decided that we don't like his music / voice, not just listened to one song, and then decided!

^^ Its immature to have our own opinions and personal tastes? We are all clearly passionate bout the music we listen to otherwise we wouldn't be on a musicians fansite! If people don't like Akon, its cos we have already given him a chance and decided that we don't like his music / voice, not just listened to one song, and then decided!

Well Michael likes Akon, and Michael's musical opinion is worth quite a bit considering his accomplishments. Akon can't be as bad as most of you guys are saying, otherwise why would the legendary Michael Jackson ask him to perform on his tour. It's because Michael knows what I know....Akon has talent as a writer, producer, popularity among the masses, and has created his own unique style (using Autotune at times yes), but regardless...he has done a great job!

You guys are all ridiculous. Look at how immature you are acting! By the sounds of some the reactions in here you could swear the devil himself was announced to perform with MJ. I have been to an Akon concert....trust me, he is a very good live performer. I can understand that some of you do not like Akon's voice and thats fine. However, Akon and MJ are friends and will be working together in the future. It's clear Michael appreciates Akon's talent and for the general public it will look good if a big star like Akon appaers at some of the concerts. I am attending the Sept 6th concert which Akon won't be attending which is a shame because I truly enjoy Akon's music and his performance style.

For all you Akon haters, give him a chance, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. If not...you can always give your tickets to me!
Whats that, I paid to see MJ, not Akon. MJ. Only MJ.

Whats that, I paid to see MJ, not Akon. MJ. Only MJ.

You will be seeing Michael, and you'll also be seeing Akon. 2 for 1 deal! Haha but seriously guys..."an open mind is like an open window, it lets the fresh air in". Don't be so judging!

If akon is a support act then whatever, i will just stay at the bar. I'm not interested in seeing any of his peformance in the slightest. If he joins michael on wbss then i will be pretty annoyed as it is michaels show, and the thriller 25 version of wbss as far as collaborations go didnt exactly set the music world alight the way his collaborations with van halen or slash did.

Well Michael likes Akon, and Michael's musical opinion is worth quite a bit considering his accomplishments. Akon can't be as bad as most of you guys are saying, otherwise why would the legendary Michael Jackson ask him to perform on his tour. It's because Michael knows what I know....Akon has talent as a writer, producer, popularity among the masses, and has created his own unique style (using Autotune at times yes), but regardless...he has done a great job!

Yes so Michael clearly has different personal tastes than me, and I respect that, doesn't mean just cos Michael likes someone I should!!! And I'm really not liking your holy than thou attitude! My window is more than open to various styles and tastes in music. My fave bands are Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Conor Orbest, Michael Jackson, Toni Braxton, Alicia keys, My chemical romance and christina Aguilera! So please don't try and tell me that im some kind ignorant person cos I don't like Akon and have a different opion to you.

In my comments with regards to Akon, I showed much respect and appreciation to people who do like his music, and each to their own, so maybe you should show the same respect and stop trying to tell us that we should like him cos Michael does, and insulting us if we do not!

bit dramatic don't you think?

I actually agree. I think the point is, my night will no where near be ruined by Akon being there, Im not gonna let anyone ruin this moment for me, ive waited 18 years for it. However it won't be as perfect if you get what I mean?

Anyway Im just happy its not the saturdays! And will probably just go to the bar or calm myself with a cig while akons on to prepare myself for when the man himself appears! My main worry is that he will do WBSS with him, cos I wanna hear the original!

wbss original is classic

wbss thriller 25 is pants im afraid

akon's biggest single is about slapping a girl on the arse during sex i believe and his second biggest single is a sample of a helium voiced 50s singer who sounds like a chipmunk. I am not that aware of that much more of his music but if he is to be judged on his biggest songs then he's crap.

what talent are u talking about? :doh:
let us have our opinion, and like someone said, we paid for MJ, ONLY and its no deal to see akon as well. thats terrible and i believe if he appears with akon as an opening act many people will be disappointed express their dissapoinment! that scares me, if michael gets "buuhs" for his first night, although its for akon..

yeah akons great aint he?

errm no :)

not true.. it can't.. there is no way Akon would agree to live in london for a guest spot on a concert that he HAS to show up for every other day, while he has his own career to worry about.. He would basically have to give up his career for a couple years to do so..

B.S.

not true.. it can't.. there is no way Akon would agree to live in london for a guest spot on a concert that he HAS to show up for every other day, while he has his own career to worry about.. He would basically have to give up his career for a couple years to do so..

B.S.

or for one month like everyone is saying?

but i admire you're optimism that it cant happen :)

B.S.

lol what career? :mello:
but i also doubt that its true. michael would ruin his show lol

okay, good to know XD

You will be seeing Michael, and you'll also be seeing Akon. 2 for 1 deal! Haha but seriously guys..."an open mind is like an open window, it lets the fresh air in". Don't be so judging!

But instead of Akon singing with MJ, lets say, 2 songs. If he werent there, we would heard Michael peform 2 other songs WITHOUT Akon. So no thank you for 2 for 1 deal thing.

it bugs me that michael could choose anybody he'd like nobody would say no to him yet he settles for less... Maybe he did become insecure in the past few years if he thinks he needs somebody like akon or dj whatever his name is to bring back his confidence
I guess there's nothing we can do about it now we just have to grit our teeth for michael's sake

Back