DJ Benny-D and Akon Set to Perform with Michael at O2

^^or just don't perform hold my hand at ALL and have a bigger classic in his list :D

Yea I don't get the big woop bout this song. I don't like akon, and I don't think he adds anything to the song apart from annoying vocals...just always waiting to hear michael sing again! I know people were excited to hear it, cos it was something new. But I would much rather hear something new and original from Michael solo, not yet another colab with some "of the moment" singer.

Thank God this is not an "Akon" fan forum.

Please get rid of Akon. He should have never been on T25. He ruined WBSS.

You guys need to relax. Akon is not going to be on stage for half the show. I bet he will simply come out and do a duet with Michael. Maybe for Hold My hand, or on a new track that has already been recorded or will be recorded soon. We know that the pair finished over 10 songs for MJ's new album. Who's to say one of those tracks isn't a duet between them? All I'm saying...Akon is a great artist. His music is high quality and is easy listening. Most people who don't like rap do enjoy some of Akon's music because instead of the beat, Akon focuses alot on the music as a whole with a catchy chorus. Just like Michael said in Ebony, you have to be able to hum it. Thats why Akon is so popular. People would enjoy seeing an Akon appearance, I think it would be great! I obviously bought the tickets to see Michael, and I guarantee Michael wont give half the show to Akon! I'm sure we will hear many classic MJ songs, this is what the fans want and thats what will happen.

for people disliking Akon alot...have you only heard the singles..cause these four for example are great..IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_G6TKV4hq4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU4rnHm63k8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQ8lsQ2axU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7aULdHo24

Surely you CANNOT say he ain't talented. Some of those lyrics are very good.

Songwriter and producer maybe, but as a vocalist, untalented, annoying, over produced rubbish IMO. He would be nothing without auto tune / melodyne (im an audio engineer). Whether or not you like his music, thats fine, completely down to opinion, but there are actual facts to whether someone is a good singer or not as well as opinion on tone, Akon doesn't tick any of the "talented singer" boxes

OK, at current I'm not gonna mention where I got this from (as it's not 100% confirmed yet) so please take this with a pinch of salt, but apparently, DJ Benny-D has been hired to become the DJ during the after-party at the IndigO2 this July. I have no idea what Akon's role may be in all this.....

Last edited:
Songwriter and producer maybe, but as a vocalist, untalented, annoying, over produced rubbish IMO. He would be nothing without auto tune / melodyne (im an audio engineer). Whether or not you like his music, thats fine, completely down to opinion, but there are actual facts to whether someone is a good singer or not as well as opinion on tone, Akon doesn't tick any of the "talented singer" boxes

he, along with 80 percent of singers in the charts are properly using melodyne.

So far I've heard of MJ collabing with Justin/Britney/Leona Lewis/David Copperfield/ Prince Michaels stage debut (wtf)...and now Akon. Every day its a new person. I dont mind the odd one-off performance but I wouldnt be keen on a dedicated slot for another artist (not that I have the pleasure of attending ALL the shows, I wish!).

Hold My Hand live however would be interesting and I think it would potentially be a great crowd pleaser, it has a happy summertime feel to it. Great for London when at the height of summer it will no doubt be raining! :)

Lol @ People hating on Akon, single minded, dont get the big picture

Autotune? Well...right now i'm checking a live performance of him and it's 100% his voice, no crap or anything. His latest album might have had autotune, but the songs i linked to...it's all him.

Autotune? Well...right now i'm checking a live performance of him and it's 100% his voice, no crap or anything. His latest album might have had autotune, but the songs i linked to...it's all him.

Trust me its not! my ear is trained to notice the artifacts of these processes, and technology has come a long way, just because hes singing live doesn't mean his voice isn't being autotuned! They work in real time as well as on pre recorded vocals now!

Trust me its not! my ear is trained to notice the artifacts of these processes, and technology has come a long way, just because hes singing live doesn't mean his voice isn't being autotuned! They work in real time as well as on pre recorded vocals now!

Akon doesn't use Autotune as much as you make out, not what so ever! And whats wrong with it? The vocals are just another instrument, and this has been happening for years, cutting and splicing vocals, pitch changing. Michaels done it, Michael even wanted to use Autotune & Melodyne and probably has, people just dont get it do they? This whole Akon/MJ thing, they just don't get it

Posted on digitalspy...

Akon has now been confirmed as support act for the following shows:

8th July
10th July
12th July
14th July
16th July
18th July
22nd July
24th July
26th July
28th July
17th August
19th August
21st September
23rd September
27th September
29th September

It was confirmed via Akon's tour DJ, who posted the dates on his website

If this is true, at least I won't have to suffer him twice! :D

Awesome. There's a chance of at least a bit of HMH.

NO!!

I only want Michael. :cry:
Ugh! Why must akon be in august 17th concert :no: I'd rather have Lily Allen. At least she has nice sings and good vocals.

exactly we want to see decent artists. is that too much to ask for?
Very right..I dont understand what Michael owes Akon so he is ready to even take risk of havin Akon in his concerts.Again givin chance to people to doubt his talent and ablilities.And anyways I wud love to see Slash in every concert for Beat It,Black or White and Give In To Me(if he performs it).These two have such a great chemistry which Slash only had with Axl on stage(though its long ago now).
Drop that chump Mike,bring Slash or no one.:cheeky:Or just bring yourself to the concerts and Im more than 1000% sure people wil love it.

Posted on digitalspy...

8th July
10th July
12th July
14th July
16th July
18th July
22nd July
24th July
26th July
28th July
17th August
19th August
21st September
23rd September
27th September
29th September

Damn that's when I'm going! :mello: It better be good!

Well I'm happy that Akon is going to be there when I go on 18th July. I appreciate Akon's talent, even though I don't personally like his voice. I think it's good for Mike to have a massive name supporting him in concert because it's better than having an unknown. If he had some unknown act, people may assume that he can't get a big name on the bill.

BTW, I don't think the dates have been mentioned specifically on DJ Benny's site ( I have hunted for them and can't find them), but it does say

July 2009(Akon & Benny-D. to Perform with Michael Jackson)
- Entire month on hold for Michael Jackson in UK

UK"

http://www.djbennydfansite.tv/tour-dates/

He also posted this information in response to a posting on his site:

"
on 08 Apr 2009 at 12:17 am#13
benny-d.thumbnail.jpg
Benny D
flag_us.gif
United States

I don’t have all the Info on the MJ Tour just yet but as SOOOOON as I get it I will have it posted, so keep locked to the FanSite. Thanks to all for checkin me out."

Last edited:
I'd rather see Will.I.Am or maybe Kanye West on stage with him for a song or two during the rap parts to some songs.

Posted on digitalspy...

8th July
10th July
12th July
14th July
16th July
18th July
22nd July
24th July
26th July
28th July
17th August
19th August
21st September
23rd September
27th September
29th September

GREAT!!!!
So I don't see him, because I'll go the 28 of august:D

Posted on digitalspy...

8th July
10th July
12th July
14th July
16th July
18th July
22nd July
24th July
26th July
28th July
17th August
19th August
21st September
23rd September
27th September
29th September

YES! NOT my date! :punk:

what is this all about? thats BS. michael and akon together omg akon su*ks. i dont wanna see this face on stage. im paying for michael, ONLY for michael and not for some guys who wanna get more famous, but actually arent any talented at all.. jeez -.-:doh:

Back