Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

I actually thought differently. Knowing Michael (and not that I know him but..what I think I know of him and what I've seen of him) he would mean it both ways. He always uses double entendres. Even "This Is It" can have many meanings. "These will be my final shows, in London." could have more than one meaning. He often uses vague sort of ideas because of the various meanings that can be gotten from it (I think). It's something that I found quite funny about him.
Just a thought I thought I'd share.

I think with "these will be my final shows in london'' could have meant after the london tour was done THAT WAS IT no more touring any more.
Or it could have meant london was just the begining and afterwards the real adventure was bout to come aka more touring maybe. Who knows though, like mike said in the PHM he didnt like touring much but he did love seeing the fans reaction of seeing him.

The Time Has Come
"It is now I see and feel that calling once again,
To be part of a music that will not just connect but,
Make all feel one, one in joy, one in pain
One in love, one in service and in consciousness"

Look up U.S. Andersen's book "Three magic words. Or in Andersen's word:

"that man's consciousness is God's consciousness in process of becoming."

Compare that to his press conference.

Remember what is his 93 interview with Oprah he believed the reason for the very existence of Art was.

"O:And I believe everybody comes in,comes to the world for a reason,I think.Most of us have spent the life trying to figure out what the purpose of our being here is.What do you think yours is?

MJ: My purpose?Oh boy.I think to give in the best way I can,through song and through dance and through music.I mean I’m committed to my art.
I believe that all art has its untimate goal,the union between the material and the spiritual of the human and the divine. I believe that to be the reason for the very existance of art.And I feel I was chosen as an instrument to just give music and love and harmony to the world,to children of all ages, adults and teenagers.”

MJ was a spiritual person, way beyond "well yes, I do yoga, meditate and wear a Kabbalah string".

And he was referring to that collective human consciousness, tapping into it.

Look up his Oxford Speech, he is talking about unconditional love, being accepted as who you are from birth. And if you were denied this unconditional love from birth on you would be doomed to search the planet until the end of (your) days to compensate for it.

Only we figure out this thing called love without strings attached, we'll turn around.

Reactions: SoS
Look up his Oxford Speech, he is talking about unconditional love, being accepted as who you are from birth. And if you were denied this unconditional love from birth on you would be doomed to search the planet until the end of (your) days to compensate for it.

:wild:

I love this speech. Michael was so brilliant. He was so strong and intense with words. Even today when I reread this speech. I am moved with so many beautiful words and true. I'll never tire of reading it. :yes:

*I forgot to welcome the Justus. Welcome! :D

Last edited:
The Time Has Come

Remember what is his 93 interview with Oprah he believed the reason for the very existence of Art was.

"O:And I believe everybody comes in,comes to the world for a reason,I think.Most of us have spent the life trying to figure out what the purpose of our being here is.What do you think yours is?

MJ: My purpose?Oh boy.I think to give in the best way I can,through song and through dance and through music.I mean I’m committed to my art.
I believe that all art has its untimate goal,the union between the material and the spiritual of the human and the divine. I believe that to be the reason for the very existance of art.And I feel I was chosen as an instrument to just give music and love and harmony to the world,to children of all ages, adults and teenagers.”

MJ was a spiritual person, way beyond "well yes, I do yoga, meditate and wear a Kabbalah string".

Only we figure out this thing called love without strings attached, we'll turn around.
Michael's sprituality is one of the many reasons why i loved him and also why he was so special. He was god's child , and god gave him the talent & strength to share the love through his song & dance. I feel michael really felt that and used gods love to give to world the unique and special thing called love.

:scratch:

Hummmmmm... I do not think it's so easy and simple. For me it is something very, very, very difficult. Michael has always been a man of mystery, full of mysteries and subliminal messages. Decipher it as something I find very difficult. We are talking about feelings and thoughts that only Michael and no one else knew. Interpreting is very difficult because as you will be absolutely sure of the feelings and thoughts of that person? It is something so intimate and personal that I could say that would be a total invasion of privacy. (It was just a joke!) :wild: I find it so impossible. This is to anyone. I think it's easier (as we do here), speculation and assumptions to create what we "think" be true, than knowing the true reality of thoughts and feelings of Michael Jackson.

*Do not throw stones at me because of my contrary opinion about it... Please! lol! :bugeyed

Awwwwwwww, ashtanga. Have no fears, I won't throw stones at ya'. I'm harmless.

Welcome Justus! Hope you Enjoy yourself in here with us Romantics!

Lily, I really liked that quote form the book you posted. It really did remind me of Michael's clues especially the ones with the word "Consciouness" in them. I truly believed he was taken to newer heights with the return of this Love to him. Something very beautiful and beyound the normal realm of thinking and existing was happening to him.

True Love has a way of doing that to a person.

Speaking of consciousness and dreams, I wonder if you all might be able to help me in a dream I had last night. Though it doesn't initially seem to have any relation, maybe digging deeper, it may?

I woke up this morning when I heard something or someone in my dream say "There is still not much time left"

I walked beside a dragon (looked very much like an enormous carp, fish) who was actually the colour of the "This Is It" poster. Looked on fire. He turned his head back to look at me. He seemed to be dying at first, but then took off, showing me only his tail to follow. I was following a dragon/fish like thing that was enormous up many different staircases. There were so many staircases and I had to find the right one that he went up.
Then a boy tried to help me find him, we ended up in a library. I was following a dragon up some very strange stairs that were like a maze of stairs, and I had to find the one that led to him. I found his tail and was about to get to him when I heard something say "There is still not much time left" and I woke up.

I wondered why it was "Still" not much time left, as if it's a good thing yet urgent. "still time left" vs "still not much time left". That phrase was on my mind, so I looked it up online. and found
Ag_Upsala_Glacier.jpg
on the website http://tidewatermusings.peterstinson.com/2007_01_01_archive.html .

I posted here because there is usually such help with these things in here.

Ape, can you use this in your interpertation. A little story from Dancing the Dream, called ''That one in the mirror''..

I wanted to change the world, so I got up one morning and looked in the mirror. That one looking back said, "There is not much time left. The earth is wracked with pain. Children are starving. Nations remain divided by mistrust and hatred. Everywhere the air and water have been fouled almost beyond help. Do something!"

There's lots more..

There's an excerpt I read in this book a friend gave to me when I had surgery, the books called "Why We Love". The section is called "Special Meaning" and the wording although I know it has no relation to the quote reminded me of it the minute I read it last night probably because of the words.....

One of the first things that happens when you fall in love is that you experience a dramatic shift in consciousness: your "love object" takes on what psychologists call "special meaning". Your beloved becomes novel, unique, and all-important. As one smitten man phrased it, "My whole world had been transformed. It had a new center".......you begin to concentrate your passion on just one. Emily Dickenson called this private world "the realm of you".

He's always had a high level of consciousness about the world but maybe the recent shift towards that calling once again does have something to do with being in love and not only wanting to make a difference in the greater world but for the future that he was in the process of building? Anyway just wanted to add some love before I ruin it all by changing my tune about the quote from romantic love to something else.....:lol:

Here it is again.....

The Time Has Come

I think what Summer said below is probably correct. It's more like Michaels trying to tell people in this world I'll be the messenger (his calling) but you need to wake up, look at that man or woman in the mirror, who do you choose to be in life? are you going to grasp onto a higher level of consciousness? WE ALL suffer pain, WE ALL love, WE ALL experience joy, ONE being humanity as a whole. How else did he reach millions and millions of people with his message, through his music.:)

It's like this quote I posted before.....

"We are seasoned in each other's lives.
our joys and sorrows woven
into the tapestry of shared history". ~Linda Ellerbee~

Michael brought people together, like a universal tapestry and whether it be, one of his songs played on every radio station, the 2 hours he performed a show, the 5 minute video played on tv, every race, religion and gender became ONE in that brief moment in time. He's magical. It didn't matter what our differences are physically, culturally, in our occupations, in our beliefs, even in our interpretations of life, love and happiness...you, me, Michael, we are all ONE in the same, we are all a part of the human race. God put us here for a reason and I think Michaels message was about what are YOU that ONE person going to do to make a difference in this world?

What did that one message he supposedly wrote on a post-it note and stuck on his bathroom mirror say...."LOVE, no violence! Remember beautiful future promise of tomorrow". However, that again can be interpreted two different ways...as in desire for world peace and a better world...OR as desire for a good, stable relationship with lots of love...which would make the future very bright and happy...:yes: Hmmm...:scratch: :D

What did that one message he supposedly wrote on a post-it note and stuck on his bathroom mirror say...."LOVE, no violence! Remember beautiful future promise of tomorrow". However, that again can be interpreted two different ways...as in desire for world peace and a better world...OR as desire for a good, stable relationship with lots of love...which would make the future very bright and happy...:yes: Hmmm...:scratch: :D
Summer, I've gotta tell ya, I never would have thought of it that way in a million years, because at first I thought, "two ways??hmmm ...doesn't it just mean 'no violence for the world?" and I was just about to move on to the next e-mail (I read this post from my email program this a.m., and since its mostly the song interpretations and observations that attract me to open links to this thread, I was about to move on) then suddenly it hit me, I thought, "wow LOL!! like so many things in this thread, it actually can be taken two ways" ...

Remember in the song Fall Again? :huh:

"fought in a battle nobody won, left ourselves a mountain to be overcome ... the past is said and done, I need us to carry on"

"LOVE, no violence! Remember beautiful future promise of tomorrow".

another random irony:bugeyed

:dropdead:

Last edited:
I have read dreams books many times ,but not sure whether to belive them

The Time Has Come

:punk:

:angel:Heal The World...WE Are The World...Education IS The Key~~~

:punk:

Sdeidjs, I just saw that you posted in a thread that was dealing with the song "Threatened" as well and the Twilight Zone. I never saw the tread and had made up my own mind about "Threatened"- and then I just saw you post and all of a sudden things came even more together with "Threatened."

Wow, talk about the collective consciousness. Thank you, you just helped me me figure something out, amazing, how connecting the dots can be.

Sdeidjs, I just saw that you posted in a thread that was dealing with the song "Threatened" as well and the Twilight Zone. I never saw the tread and had made up my own mind about "Threatened"- and then I just saw you post and all of a sudden things came even more together with "Threatened."

Wow, talk about the collective consciousness. Thank you, you just helped me me figure something out, amazing, how connecting the dots can be.

I am pleased that you are pleased...anything I can do to help...:punk:

I am pleased that you are pleased...anything I can do to help...:punk:

Yes, I was trying to analyze "Threatened" by means of comparing it to the "Twilight Zone" and M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village."

You just quoted me in another reference- I looked you up and saw the thread "The Twilight Zone". Talk about a "Duuuuh" moment. After reading there things kind of fell into place in regards to "Threatened".

I just read about "it's a good life" being the base and watched and saw a ton of similarities to "The village."

It's so cool when "incidental" non-related things help you see things, so cool to have my question answered.

I always knew that I could never have something romantic with Michael however I'd had feel comforted to tell him personally how meaningful he's for me, how much I love him, my deepest admiration into him but I couldn't. :( :cry: and I feel frustrated because of it.
I proposed myself to never fall in love again, THE MOST WONDERFUL 'N BEAUTIFUL MAN ON EARTH IS GONE!! What's the use of loving romanticly if there's no man who respectsme, admires me and love trully for the way I am.

If Michael was able to find a woman who trully loved him, he was such a lucky man because nowadays it's hard to find someone that doesn't confuse commitment with marriage :(

I was just reading my Twitter posts out of boredom and there were so many things that are almost freaky when you read them knowing what happened only 1-2days after I wrote them. And while reading them, and a song lyric I posted, I was reminded again of the song I was almost "obsessing" about back then because I loved it, but was bothered by the lyrics from the moment I listened to it because they're actually such sad lyrics.

It's the song "Written In The Stars" from Aida. I bought this Brodway Showtunes CD a couple of days before MJ died and that song was on it among other songs, and when I heard the song the first time, I loved it. But what I always hated and what I always almost "omitted" in my head when I listened to that song (and I listened to it OVER and OVER again...) was the first line in the song: "I am here to tell you, we can never meet again"...Whn ever I heard it I was instantly like "I don't like that!" :( and I always instantly changed it into "I am here to tell you we CAN meet again" in my mind. The reason why I remember it so well is because I couldn't really understand why I was so "obsessed" with that line and why it bothered me so much. I mean, it was JUST A SONG, and just a random lyric. But it bothered me endlessly for some reason. But I still fell in love with the song and listened to it over and over again. And that was about 2 days before Michael died. And when I remembered the song (and how the first line had bothered me) AFTER Michael had died, it almost freaked me out. :bugeyed I know it's just a coincidence and these things happen, but it is one of those FREAKY coincidences. Like it had been some kind of "premonition" , me feeling so incrediably bothered with the "I am here to tell you we can never meet again" lyric..just two days before MJ died. :bugeyed

And another thing that freaked me out...a DAY before MJ died...I wrote a Twitter message that said: "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take". I always say that prayer when I got to sleep....but WHY did I POST it then? WHAT made me post THAT on Twitter, only a DAY before MJ died IN HIS SLEEP?! It freaked me out when I read it afterwards. :bugeyed Like I said, I don't know if it was a coincidence or a "premonition" or what, but it's pretty freaky, don't you think?! :bugeyed

Anyways, here are the lyrics for "Written In The Stars". It's a beautiful song, but like I said, the first line always bothered me.

WRITTEN IN THE STARS

I am here to tell you we can never meet again
Simple really, isn't it, a word or two and then
A lifetime of not knowing where or how or why or when
You think of me or speak of me and wonder what befell
The someone you once loved so long ago so well

Never wonder what I'll feel as living shuffles by
You don't have to ask me and I need not reply
Every moment of my life from now until I die
I will think or dream of you and fail to understand
How a perfect love can be confounded out of hand

Is it written in the stars
Are we paying for some crime
Is that all that we are good for
Just a stretch of mortal time
For some God's experiment
In which we have no say
In which we're given paradise
But only for a day

Nothing can be altered, there is nothing to decide
No escape, no change of heart, no anyplace to hide

You are all I'll ever want, but this I am denied
Sometimes in my darkest thoughts, I wish I'd never learned
What it is to be in love and have that love returned

In which we have no say
But only for a day

You can listen to the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FPlu5CxbG0

Very sad lyrics. :boohoo:

WRITTEN IN THE STARS

In which we have no say
But only for a day

In which we have no say
But only for a day

:mello: I was listening to this song myself some weeks ago. It's on one of my Elton John CDs. I think it's about two people who were having an affair, but you could also interpret it as two people who loved each other and were unable to be together and then when they finally were able, they were only able to be in each other's lives just long enough to tell each each other they would never be able to see each other again. In that case, it could really fit in this thread very well. That's what I thought as I was listening to it anyway. I guess it would just be another one of those cruel ironies that this "love" story seems to be filled with unfortunately.

Something about this "love" story seems really off to me sometimes and I can't quite figure out what it is. I can't see God wanting two people in love and waiting a long time to be together to be involved in some kind of cruel experiment like the song suggests unless I'm reading it wrong and it is more like a test from God like when He told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac on the altar after waiting so long for him to be born into his life. I know sometimes God does do that. You wait a long time for a dream to manifest and then when it does, He allows it to die on you to see how serious you are. I heard not to long ago that God will allow a dream you have to die on you at least two or three or more times before you finally possess it. I'm sure this isn't the fist time this relationship in the dark has died when you think about it. I'm sure it's "died" at least a few times before. Abraham had no problem with it 'cause he figured if God could make a 100 year old man a father, He could do anything, even give him his son back if he wanted to. I guess it's really a test of faith.

:mello: I was listening to this song myself some weeks ago. It's on one of my Elton John CDs. I think it's about two people who were having an affair, but you could also interpret it as two people who loved each other and were unable to be together and then when they finally were able, they were only able to be in each other's lives just long enough to tell each each other they would never be able to see each other again. In that case, it could really fit in this thread very well. That's what I thought as I was listening to it anyway. I guess it would just be another one of those cruel ironies that this "love" story seems to be filled with unfortunately.

Something about this "love" story seems really off to me sometimes and I can't quite figure out what it is. I can't see God wanting two people in love and waiting a long time to be together to be involved in some kind of cruel experiment like the song suggests unless I'm reading it wrong and it is more like a test from God like when He told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac on the altar after waiting so long for him to be born into his life. I know sometimes God does do that. You wait a long time for a dream to manifest and then when it does, He allows it to die on you to see how serious you are. I heard not to long ago that God will allow a dream you have to die on you at least two or three or more times before you finally possess it. I'm sure this isn't the fist time this relationship in the dark has died when you think about it. I'm sure it's "died" at least a few times before. Abraham had no problem with it 'cause he figured if God could make a 100 year old man a father, He could do anything, even give him his son back if he wanted to. I guess it's really a test of faith.

Great post! :) Test of faith in what way? Can you be more specific?

Let's hope it is some kind of "test"...if the "by product" is that we all can have MJ back...I'm cool with that! It would be the ULTIMATE "happy ending"! :) MJ and his "love in the dark" would get to be together...MJ's kids woudl have their daddy back...and we would know MJ is back and alive and doing well too. It would be a win-win situation for all. :clapping:*prays to God to have that happen*

Great post! :) Test of faith in what way? Can you be more specific?

This is a good question - one I've been asking myself quite a bit lately. I guess I just see every trying time like this one as some kind of test of faith, although some may disagree and say that sometimes bad things just happen because we live in an imperfect world. I think when something like this happens, God wants us to simply trust that He did the right thing or allowed the right thing to happen even though we don't understand it. It's like the song I had mentioned before MJ's passing ironically which repeats the chorus: "Even though we don't understand it, the Father does all things well." But I must admit though, in cases like this one, it is a real faith fight for me. I tend to look at things more in the natural with my fleshly eyes, and when I do, I can't for the life of me figure it out. I think we are supposed to look with our spiritual eyes more. I tend to go back and forth thinking that God knew what He was doing and other times questioning Him. Something like this is very hard. We just can't see how something like this could possibly be the right thing. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't know everything and that He knows things that I don't know. I don't know what was going on in MJ's world, but I try to take comfort in the fact that God knew exactly what was going on and He made a decision based on what He knew. I have to say that I don't really know what the happy ending would be in a case like this, it's been such a mystery to me, but I guess that's just the point - believing without seeing.

Reading the words in that song from "Aida" brought tears to my eyes. What sad lyrics yet, a beautiful song. :(

:bugeyed

Anyways, here are the lyrics for "Written In The Stars". It's a beautiful song, but like I said, the first line always bothered me.

WRITTEN IN THE STARS

In which we have no say
But only for a day

In which we have no say
But only for a day

Aww such sad lyrics :cry:

This is a good question - one I've been asking myself quite a bit lately. I guess I just see every trying time like this one as some kind of test of faith, although some may disagree and say that sometimes bad things just happen because we live in an imperfect world. I think when something like this happens, God wants us to simply trust that He did the right thing or allowed the right thing to happen even though we don't understand it. It's like the song I had mentioned before MJ's passing ironically which repeats the chorus: "Even though we don't understand it, the Father does all things well." But I must admit though, in cases like this one, it is a real faith fight for me. I tend to look at things more in the natural with my fleshly eyes, and when I do, I can't for the life of me figure it out. I think we are supposed to look with our spiritual eyes more. I tend to go back and forth thinking that God knew what He was doing and other times questioning Him. Something like this is very hard. We just can't see how something like this could possibly be the right thing. I have to constantly remind myself that I don't know everything and that He knows things that I don't know. I don't know what was going on in MJ's world, but I try to take comfort in the fact that God knew exactly what was going on and He made a decision based on what He knew. I have to say that I don't really know what the happy ending would be in a case like this, it's been such a mystery to me, but I guess that's just the point - believing without seeing.

Ah, now I get what you meant! And everything you said makes perfect sense and I totally agree. Totally know what you mean. And actually that is what I was thinking too a little after Michael died (not right away, because I was too shocked and heartbroken and angry to see ANY sense in ANY way in MJ being taken away from all of us). You know, I was like "Well, God must have had his reasons. I'd think God knows what he is doing." and I thought that who knows what the FUTURE might have brought? Maybe this was the best one of all the options? I mean, Michael died in his sleep without suffering, the world will remember him as a great entertainer, he pretty much died "at the top" after having made yet another world record. :yes: I mean, I'm not saying that's a better option than dying of old age after having had spent time with grandkids and maybe even finally having had married and having had lived "happily ever after", etc...I'm just saying that who knows what other "options" there could have been. It could have been a lot WORSE as well.

The reason I think like that is because it took me a long time to accept that my dad died and find anything positive in the whole thing. I was SO BITTER and I couldn't understand it...Until the horrible Tsunami happened and thousands of people died. And their relatives never got to say goodbye...many of them couldn't even bury the body of their loved one because it was never found. And we were all at the hospital holding my dad's hand when he died and were given the chance to say goodbye. My dad had time to sort everything out so that we were okay after his death...and he even was able to plan his own funeral (creepy and sad I know, but at least we were able to do it exactly as he wanted because he wrote instructions and what songs he wanted, etc.). And my dad never suffered while having cancer and it went quickly in the end, so he didn't have to suffer then either. And he never looked sick, so he remained as "himself" in everyone's memories and not as someone who looked sick and weak (which he would have NEVER wanted). One friend of ours was diagnosed with a brain tumor shortly after my dad died and he changed into a completely different person during it..hallucinating, paranoid, aggressive, incontinent and what not...and they couldn't leave him alone for one second because he didn't know what he was doing anymore. So he needed care 24/7...and it went on for over a year. So when I saw all that and then the tsunami thing, I said to my mom "You know mom...we were actually LUCKY...it could have been much worse with dad..." and for the first time I understood that I should actually be grateful, instead of angry, to God. None of it made sense when my dad died...but later on I was actually grateful because I realized it could have been a LOT WORSE too.

So maybe it's the same with Michael's death...it's hard to make any sense of it now and it's hard to accept it now...but I'm sure God knew what he was doing and did what he thought is best..for Michael AND for his children. Sometimes I even think that who knows if Michael was actually given a "second chance" in 1995 when he collapsed during the HBO rehearsals...That God thought it's not his time to go yet because he wanted to let Michael have children and be a parent and feel unconditionally loved by his children first? Who knows? :scratch:

Anyways, all this talk reminds me of this one story I once read and LOVED, because I think it is absolutely true and a wonderful story:

Things Aren't Always What They Seem
by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead the angels were given a space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied, "Things aren't always what they seem". [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel "how could you have let this happen!? The first man had everything, yet you helped him," she accused. "The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let their cow die." [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it. Then last night as we slept in the farmer's bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I told him to take the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem." [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way we think they should. Just trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not realize it until much later. [/FONT]

"Well, God must have had his reasons. I'd think God knows what he is doing." [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

At times i have questioned god many times and asked why"?

But i guess like u said god must have had his reasons and i guess this happened for a reason..

I believe everything happens for a reason but, we have no idea what that reason may be sometimes and this is definitely one of those times for me.

Maybe god thought mike had suffered enough and decied it was his time...:(

Back