Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes

You know once this album is released. We probably wont get another album for a long time if ever so I'll just sit back and enjoy the hype while I can.
Most of your posts in this thread are positive, but why do you wanna discount MJ for another album after this one? :(

We certainly might... there are so many possibilities... :)

I don't think we have heard the last of MJ after this album. I look forward to MJ's movie projects personally. He'll probably do soundtracks. We don't know :p

Yeah I think we should be more optimistic especially after hearing all those quotes and info on this thread… Thanks to Damien Shields for the great efforts!!

Until we get an official announcement from a direct source from MJ I am like 90% because of the many people who have confirmed it already even though we are not sure when but we are sure that he didn’t quit yet he is still making music he said it himself on a recent interview with Access Hollywood he said “I never stopped”…

AFAIK sooner or later… we will get a new album!

:)

Most of your posts in this thread are positive, but why do you wanna discount MJ for another album after this one? :(

I am positive. I know we are getting a new album soon. Im just not sure that we will get another one after this because MJ has wanted to stop making pop albums and touring since Bad. He was going to a Greatest Hits called 'Decade' which turned into a whole new album (Dangerous) and the only tour for Dangerous as he had set up the Heal The World Foundation. Then there was the lies in 93/94 and then HIStory which came out as a response to lies made against him and to show to the world that MJ wasnt over because of the lies and he toured to help sell HIStory to again prove he could still do it. Then Invincible (as MJ still had contract obligations to fulfill) and then more lies in 05. MJ no longer has contract obligation but he wants to prove he is still the best out there and is preparing for a 'comeback'. There are talks of a tour but we dont know yet but that would be to help sell his new album and prove he still sell out stadiums no matter what people say about him. However MJ has being saying for years he wants to get into movies, producing etc which he hasnt done yet. MJ will always be creative as you cont stop that really if you the gift he has but its been 7 years since his last album (the longest wait for a new MJ album and yes Im aware the trial affected this) and now heading towards 50 you can see he is slowing his pace down now. Im not saying he hasnt got it by any means cuz he can out perform, sing, act 99% of artists out there but as a dad now his priorities arent the same which is natural. MJ has given us music his entire life and it seems that after this album he is about to explode on us, that he may do other things he has always wanted to do for a while. So I dont expect another MJ album for a long long time after this one. So Im going to enjoy the slow build to the craziness that about to ensue.

Last edited:
People just be patient.. U can never really know what exactly is taking this time..

Aside from the fact 2 years working on an album is NOT that long..

Michael is working on projects SURROUNDING the album.

We know that he's met with high officials all over the world.. So he's obviously working on SOMETHING.. He's met with choreographers, celeb manegement, performance set advisors... etc..

There is a lot in the water..

This is JUST the stuff WE KNOW.. Now of course with everything being so secretive, there is MORE that we don't know..

U know MJ started working on 'Moonwalker' before the BAD album came out..

I'm not starting any rumors but for all we know, he could be working on a new large scale film..

I mean there are MANY things he could be doing with the album, that we need to just shut up and WAIT..

Yes I know the suspence kills.. It's fun talking about it.. But stop doubting.

I am positive. I know we are getting a new album soon. Im just not sure that we will get another one after this because MJ has wanted to stop making pop albums and touring since Bad. He was going to a Greatest Hits called 'Decade' which turned into a whole new album (Dangerous) and the only tour for Dangerous as he had set up the Heal The World Foundation. Then there was the lies in 93/94 and then HIStory which came out as a response to lies made against him and to show to the world that MJ wasnt over because of the lies and he toured to help sell HIStory to again prove he could still do it. Then Invincible (as MJ still had contract obligations to fulfill) and then more lies in 05. MJ no longer has contract obligation but he wants to prove he is still the best out there and is preparing for a 'comeback'. There are talks of a tour but we dont know yet but that would be to help sell his new album and prove he still sell out stadiums no matter what people say about him. However MJ has being saying for years he wants to get into movies, producing etc which he hasnt done yet. MJ will always be creative as you cont stop that really if you the gift he has but its been 7 years since his last album (the longest wait for a new MJ album and yes Im aware the trial affected this) and now heading towards 50 you can see he is slowing his pace down now. Im not saying he hasnt got it by any means cuz he can out perform, sing, act 99% of artists out there but as a dad now his priorities arent the same which is natural. MJ has given us music his entire life and it seems that after this album he is about to explode on us, that he may do other things he has always wanted to do for a while. So I dont expect another MJ album for a long long time after this one. So Im going to enjoy the slow build to the craziness that about to ensue.

Well, to quote MJ, ''My passion for music has never stopped.''

Music is huge for MJ. Yes, he has many other artistic capabilities, but imo, music is his number one fav, and I doubt he'll ever lose that passion. Yes, he may get more into film, and/or other things, but that would still not make me discount the possibility of him ever making another album after this one. Maybe it wouldn't even be a 'pop' album... :unsure:

I think singers are a special type. They almost need to sing, and I just can't see MJ stopping singing.

Just some age numbers of some biggies to throw into the mix-

Sinatra at age 75 did a national tour, and at age 78 released Duets. And released a number of albums not long before that. And he was into film too; as an acclaimed actor.

Bing Crosby at age 74 released Seasons, and plenty of stuff shortly before that. He was into film as well, as an actor.

They both had kids too. Not single parents like MJ, but still, MJ's kids will be getting older, and won't be as much of a handful.

Yes, I realize that MJ said he didn't want to be like James Brown, working until very late in life. But let's wait and see, at least in the meantime; he may even change his mind when he gets to that point, who knows? And that's a looong way off; more than enough time for plenty of stuff...

Of course I don't know any more than you do, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, and I'm glad to see you so excited about the upcoming album. :)

I'm not going to discount a damn thing when it comes to Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
I remember hearing that Mel Gibson was supposed to be featured in Michael's video for Unbreakable, was it? Well, I think it would be nice for Mel to make that appearance in the new video. I like it when Michael uses major actors in his videos.

I am positive. I know we are getting a new album soon. Im just not sure that we will get another one after this because MJ has wanted to stop making pop albums and touring since Bad.

This is not entirely true. Michael said at the time he didnt want to tour again after Bad but always maintained he would continue to make studio albums.

On another not, here is something from Sept 2007 for you guys. I haven't posted this one before...

Ne-yo backstage at MOBO Awards September 2007
Michael Jackson.. definately workin' with him right now, putting some stuff together. Umm, i can't talk about it a whole lot, you know, he's very much tryin' to keep it mysterious, but ahh, it's definately gonna be something worth checking out.

On another not, here is something from Sept 2007 for you guys. I haven't posted this one before...

Ne-yo backstage at MOBO Awards September 2007
Michael Jackson.. definately workin' with him right now, putting some stuff together. Umm, i can't talk about it a whole lot, you know, he's very much tryin' to keep it mysterious, but ahh, it's definately gonna be something worth checking out.

Haha. 'it's definately something worth checking out' -heck YES is it! :p

yeah. the day the album comes out I might swing by the store and pick it up if i have time. :p

I dont know why but my gut feeling is saying we are going to have some Quincy Jones production in this next album....just a gut. I think its a surprise...Carlos Santana almost gave it away in January, luckily it wasnt picked up by any big media outlet plus the details weren't concrete. But ya....I seriously think MJ is gunna be workin with Quincy on this album. Just a feelin.

I dont know why but my gut feeling is saying we are going to have some Quincy Jones production in this next album....just a gut. I think its a surprise...Carlos Santana almost gave it away in January, luckily it wasnt picked up by any big media outlet plus the details weren't concrete. But ya....I seriously think MJ is gunna be workin with Quincy on this album. Just a feelin.

IMO MJ is probably just workin on 1 or 2 tracks with QJ and not the whole album but we'll just have to wait and see.

Well I think the gap between MJ’s major albums is like 4 or 5 years, the gap is now 7 years if he released a new album in the final quarter this year. Perhaps he will do similar to “HIStory” where he followed it with “Blood On The Dance Floor” he might also follow it with another smaller album, if MJ was releasing albums very frequently they will lose the element of surprise and high anticipation which I think has something to so with their success as well.

I disagree. If MJ spent more time making hits (not even albums but singles) so he had a steady flow of singles on the charts like Madonna, then people would spend more time talking about his music than his life. 5 years between albums is a long time for an album. People get bored fast these days and when you have an artist like MJ, people like to talk about him. But if they dont have any music to talk about, they'll look into their lives abit more and if the cant much from that, they make the rest up. MJ's unreleased tracks like For All Time would blow most current acts off the charts. MJ should be more consistant. But then again Im one of those who's hungry for anything MJ related.

Well I think the gap between MJ’s major albums is like 4 or 5 years, the gap is now 7 years if he released a new album in the final quarter this year. Perhaps he will do similar to “HIStory” where he followed it with “Blood On The Dance Floor” he might also follow it with another smaller album, if MJ was releasing albums very frequently they will lose the element of surprise and high anticipation which I think has something to so with their success as well.
I do not believe Mj will release any new album at all this year. he has re-released thriller. He will celebrate it for the whole of the year. that is what he said. Any new album will have to wait until he has cleared all the legal issues.
Mj is unlike other artist in that he is a businessman with a large empire to run. he is not just about making records. Furthermore, there is very little money to be made in the sale of records. The real money is made by the people behind the scenes, not the popstar who show up on tv and do performances. They are the employees. MJ is the employer. The performers work for MJ now.
Understand that when Mj does any records now, he does it purely for the love of it and for the fans.
If MJ does an album and the fans hate it, he may not have the incentive to do another one. He doesn't have to. That is not where his main money comes from now.
So fans, enjoy Thriller and all of MJ's past work and hang in there, there will be more, but in MJ's time. Do not compare MJ to other celebs in terms of output. The other celebs need to do that because that is their only job. It is not MJ's job anymore.

Last edited:
Datsymay,

What you said makes a lot of sense although it is kinda depressing but we crave for more MJ’s events weather they are new albums, tours, videos, awards, etc… You are right on the money as well.

Datsymay,

What you said makes a lot of sense although it is kinda depressing but we crave for more MJ’s events weather they are new albums, tours, videos, awards, etc… You are right on the money as well.
Thank you. But I do believe that MJ will make more appearaces this year. I think he will surprise us. But I think it will be to do with Thriller, not the new album.:)

Thank you. But I do believe that MJ will make more appearaces this year. I think he will surprise us. But I think it will be to do with Thriller, not the new album.:)

Actually Simon Fuller recommended to Michael that he NOT do appearances for Thriller but to wait for the new album and then come out so that way all the attention is on the new album. Thriller 25 doesnt need MJs help to sell it. So we wont see MJ until he has new material ready to release.

Actually Simon Fuller recommended to Michael that he NOT do appearances for Thriller but to wait for the new album and then come out so that way all the attention is on the new album. Thriller 25 doesnt need MJs help to sell it. So we wont see MJ until he has new material ready to release.

thats 100% right.
performances, videos, appearaces, interviews, all that will be for the NEW album.
he did the work for thriller 25 years ago. he is just celebrating an anniversary.

There will NEVER be another album that sells as well as Thriller or as fast.

When the media say that HIStory didnt sell that well or Invincible didnt sell that well, there comparing the sale of that album to Thriller. Compared to other selling artists at the time, it did phenomenal.

Last edited:
I beg to differ....

I believe we will see a brand new album in 2008! And I don't see how anyone could doubt that with all of the people like Ne Yo, Will I Am and others that are constantly saying that Michael is working on new music and that they are sworn to secrecy.

So just because Michael won't tell us what he is doing, that means that he isn't doing anything? Please.

I beg to differ....

I believe we will see a brand new album in 2008! And I don't see how anyone could doubt that with all of the people like Ne Yo, Will I Am and others that are constantly saying that Michael is working on new music and that they are sworn to secrecy.

So just because Michael won't tell us what he is doing, that means that he isn't doing anything? Please.
Nobody is denying that Michael is working on a new album. This is not what people are talking about here. People are talking about the LAUNCH of that new album. I have seen fas set date for MJ and when they don't get things at that time they feel that MJ let them down and they get angry. MJ said he is working in the studio, he has never said when he will launch his new album. I do know that he said he will celebrate Thriller this year.
I believe that mJ needs to cross a number of legal issues first before he unleashes his new album on the world. Their must be no court cases or bad publicity to railroad his project. This will be a wake up call. MJ will wait until the the time is right and unfortunately, the time isn't now. I think MJ will make absolutely sure that the Aziros family are history first.

Nobody is denying that Michael is working on a new album. This is not what people are talking about here. People are talking about the LAUNCH of that new album. I have seen fas set date for MJ and when they don't get things at that time they feel that MJ let them down and they get angry. MJ said he is working in the studio, he has never said when he will launch his new album. I do know that he said he will celebrate Thriller this year.
Yeah the Thriller campaign is running all of this year according to Sony (not MJ, MJ aint spoken about it) - The Thrillercasts are running until Xmas (there are 40 promised, one a week, from week 2 Feb onwards) - The fact that michaeljackson.com lists WBSS with Akon as the "First" single indicates there is intent to at LEAST release 2 tunes as singles (not including TGIM as it has not been a USA release yet and isnt mentioned on michaeljackson.com) - I think that once the Thriller stuff has been aborted, whether that be at Xmas this year or before or whenever, Michael may say thanks to his fans for making it a success (which it already is) and make an announcement on the new album, then a couple more months until the new one comes out like a standard album release.

I believe that mJ needs to cross a number of legal issues first before he unleashes his new album on the world. Their must be no court cases or bad publicity to railroad his project. This will be a wake up call. MJ will wait until the the time is right and unfortunately, the time isn't now. I think MJ will make absolutely sure that the Aziros family are history first.
This is not the time? There is no bad publicity now. There are no real pending legal matters of importance, except maybe the Neverland auction. And how the HECK do the Arvizo's come into this? Thats over, no need to mention them.

Last edited:
I beg to differ....

We are living in a different world then what it was when Michael suddenly announced a new album. Back then, he could get away with it because he was MICHAEL JACKSON, ya know? Back in the '80s and '90s, illusion was actually the name of the game - which is a reason why both Michael and Janet seemed to do no wrong - and if you came out, your album was a guaranteed smash and so was any single that came out of it. But things started changing around the time "Invincible" came out in 2001. There was great buzz around that album and it initially did extremely well but then you add in problems with the record label boss, being turned down a chance to release what you want and getting so antsy you start ranting and raving before finally deciding to start all over again - which is what he was trying to do in 2002-2003 where there was so much negative press. But it's not like before when he shooed off press. Nowadays, artists are not so much into illusion but more like "let's put out product so we can keep the industry going", labels scared they're losing the fight to control the music industry due to downloading and file sharing and we have one Michael Jackson, who we KNOW is working on the album and could might as well be taking his precious time on it. A lot of people come to him to work on a project and we all presume that he might be ready with the album by summer or fall or winter and when it doesn't come, you wonder "when?" I hate pessimistic views and have tried to remain open to a possibility he may come out this year but all this attention on "Thriller 25" and the fact that Sony themselves stated that the celebration will continue by the end of this year suggests to me that Michael is gonna wait until it DIES down and put the album out, which is why some of us say it could be in 2009. Months can go by fast. Which is why I hold my breath until word does come out about it.

Good. Because according to your theory, Jackson should never release anything ever. The media will always find a way to bring up something negative when it comes to Michael Jackson. We don't need the Arivos or anything else. Negativity follows Jackson and after all these years, TV pundits are so used to making a wisecrack during any MJ related story that it's become commonplace.

So Jackson doesn't need to worry about who's gonna sue or who's gonna say what. Just live his life.

Yeah and for all we know the reason Michael is taking all his time is because he's a picky mother..., that's all it is, not because of some legal issues. I don't know if that case with the Prince would affect him either as has been suggested.

Back