Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes

im with u all the way KOPV lolololol

Seriously...EXCEL makes everything a FACT :lol: EXCEL SHEET PLZ! lol

Here's a quote from Moonwalk about Michael taking years to release Bad:
Why did it take so long to make Bad? The answear is that Quincy and I decided that this album should be as close to perfect as humanly possible. A perfectionist has to take his time; she shapes and he molds and he sculpts that thing until it's perfect. He can't let it go before he's satisfied; he can't.

If it's not right, you throw it away and do it over. You work that thing till it's just right. When it's as perfect as you can make it, you put it out there. Really, you've got to get it to where it's just right; that's the secret

That explains Michael's work ethic, why he takes so much time to make an album, and why this album has't come out yet, it will come out when Michael feels it's ready to come out.
I know we've all heard this before, but some fans seem to have forgotten...

People can't resist turning every thread into one of chatter can they? I came here to have a look at new quotes and stuff and it's turned into 21 pages of babble. Why can't people leave news threads alone?

People can't resist turning every thread into one of chatter can they? I came here to have a look at new quotes and stuff and it's turned into 21 pages of babble. Why can't people leave news threads alone?

haha i know. i made it about the quotes and hardly anyone posts about the quotes themselves. just one team of album doubters vs. album believers arguing lol!

^^ Ah. Hmm. Ok. Well in that case, I'm gonna predict that we should be hearing new things very soon. :D

Thanks cgrimberg :)

^^ Ah. Hmm. Ok. Well in that case, I'm gonna predict that we should be hearing new things very soon. :D

Thanks cgrimberg :)

But the Thriller25 is nothing like the 2001 releases. Thriller25 has promo, singles, thrillercast, thrillicious campaign and more. Its not just a release before a new album - its a release all on its own. Its the steadiest selling album of 2008. The campaign for Thriller25 is supposed to be running all year. More single releases too probably. Thrillercast runs til just before Xmas. That would lead me to believe in order to get best possible sales from Thriller25 they would not bring anything new out until Xmas time at the earliest. Just my guess. Could be totally wrong! Getting it out a month or two before Xmas would really boost sales taking into account the Xmas rush. Mike will do whats right for Mike so we just gotta wait:)

But the Thriller25 is nothing like the 2001 releases. Thriller25 has promo, singles, thrillercast, thrillicious campaign and more. Its not just a release before a new album - its a release all on its own. Its the steadiest selling album of 2008. The campaign for Thriller25 is supposed to be running all year. More single releases too probably. Thrillercast runs til just before Xmas. That would lead me to believe in order to get best possible sales from Thriller25 they would not bring anything new out until Xmas time at the earliest. Just my guess. Could be totally wrong! Getting it out a month or two before Xmas would really boost sales taking into account the Xmas rush. Mike will do whats right for Mike so we just gotta wait:)

*finds gun*

But the Thriller25 is nothing like the 2001 releases. Thriller25 has promo, singles, thrillercast, thrillicious campaign and more. Its not just a release before a new album - its a release all on its own.

Thats not entirely true. Even though T25 has promos etc for it, it is still not a release on its own. Its a reissue of the same album. The promos are cuz there are new singles etc by current hot artists which help familiarize the current generation with Michael Jackson which helps sell a 25 year old album which is phenomenal how well it is doing. People just love the classics.

Michael Jackson's "Thriller 25" is the highest-charting catalog album in the history of the comprehensive survey.

In its original run, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was on The Billboard 200 for 122 weeks, 37 of which were spent at No. 1. With the re-entry of a silver anniversary edition, the rechristened "Thriller 25" (Legacy/Epic) is in its 112th week on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart and is No. 1 on that tally for the first time.
Considering its status as a catalog release, the new 25th anniversary reissue of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" (Epic/Legacy) was ineligible to chart on The Billboard 200 this week. But it does bow at No. 1 on the Top Pop Catalog Albums tally after selling 166,000. The project includes reworked "Thriller" tracks by Akon, Kanye West, Fergie and will.i.am.
Source: Billboard.com

Last edited:
Thats not entirely true. Even though T25 has promos etc for it, it is still not a release on its own. Its a reissue of the same album. The promos are cuz there are new singles etc by current hot artists which help familiarize the current generation with Michael Jackson which helps sell a 25 year old album which is phenomenal how well it is doing. People just love the classics.

I realise its the same album but it is being promoted as a new album. Its not something that has a new cover art and some vocal interviews and slapped on shelves in the hope people will buy it. This is something that has an entire website dedicated to it. Fully professional mysace pages, promo videos, TV ads, radio promo, its being supported by other campaigns like Thrillicious, Thrillercast, promo stuff on youtube channel. Singles, on iTunes and CD single. Alot of money has gone into promoting this project. I highly doubt they will sink this much money into something then just drop it half way. Michael would have known how long Sony intended to keep T25 campaign going. He may have liked the fact that T25 would take the heat off him and give him more time to finalise and plan anything new he is working on. I dont KNOW, just like everyone else, but thats my guess.

Anyways this is slightly off topic. My bad. The thread is about the quotes and new album etc. lol:)

Well, I guess it's my bad that we've gone off-topic. Sorry. :blush:

True, T25 is big. But sales are starting to dip now, and I think MJ would want to use the momentum he created with T25 as a springboard for the new album. I'm hoping that with the unmitigated success of T25, MJ will have an extra boost to get the new album out. Not that he would rush it or anything, but the confidence from the success of T25 may inspire him, and help him be more focused and therefore work more efficiently. But then what the hell do I know? :D

I see your point about not wanting to release the new album too soon in order to get the maximum sales from T25, but I wouldn't think they'd want to wait too long either. Maybe the albums could even help each other sales-wise, in tandem?

In any case, I did say soon, and yet soon is a relative term. And I'm a classical music fan, so I'm used to dealing with eras and centuries. :p

Hey, it might be fun to get a game going, where peeps predict a day of release for the new album! Let's say the US release date. We could each select a date, and whoever's right could win a prize! :woohoo: Or maybe just the admiration of fellow members...

Yep. He should jump while the iron is hot. T25 has some very good sales, and he'd do good to take advantage of that...

Yep. He should jump while the iron is hot. T25 has some very good sales, and he'd do good to take advantage of that...

Forget waiting till Decemeber or next year to release the album.

From a business and marketing perspective a new album should come out within the next 4-5 months at the very latest.

People will simply lose interest in the whole Thriller 25 thing over the next half of the year, and THIS is why new material should logically be brought out soon.

Make the most of it MJ!

From a business and marketing perspective a new album should come out within the next 4-5 months at the very latest.

People will simply lose interest in the whole Thriller 25 thing over the next half of the year, and THIS is why new material should logically be brought out soon.

Make the most of it MJ!

agreed unless mj does releases some singles from the new album and video up until december, the releases it nex year that wud make sense...but id rather it gets released in nov or october @ the latest

You know once this album is released. We probably wont get another album for a long time if ever so I'll just sit back and enjoy the hype while I can.

anywayz............

Your not enjoying the slow build to something thats going to blow us away? It sounds like MJ has alot more planned than just an album for us all. This isnt even the tip of the iceberg yet.

Make the most of it MJ!

This is exactly why when the Katrina single did not come out a month or two after announcing it, I knew it would never be released, at least not as a charitable single. The album needed to be released while Katrina was still fresh in people's minds. The same thing applies here, although to a much lesser extent. I mean, an MJ album will sell regardless, but it would be great if it came out soon.

Although I haven't heard much about Thriller 25 outside of the fan community, so I don't know how much impact if any it will have for the sales of an album of new material.

This is exactly why when the Katrina single did not come out a month or two after announcing it, I knew it would never be released, at least not as a charitable single. The album needed to be released while Katrina was still fresh in people's minds. The same thing applies here, although to a much lesser extent. I mean, an MJ album will sell regardless, but it would be great if it came out soon.

Although I haven't heard much about Thriller 25 outside of the fan community, so I don't know how much impact if any it will have for the sales of an album of new material.

The Katrina single didnt not come out coz of timing, it didnt come out because the prince refused Michael access to the master tapes when he was trying to have the production finished. But thats another issue.

Last edited:
if i was mj id release it like this:

Late July : New youtube video of him anouncing the album (then a few days later:) Another video of a preview of the new single
August : New video premires.
September : New single is released
October : another video premires
November : single released
November : Adverts each day that get longer and longer / album released

Jan : new video / single
March : tour till August
June : finale single

The Katrina single didnt not come out coz of timing, it didnt come out because the prince refused Michael access to the master tapes when he was trying to have the production finished. But thats another issue.

I'm sure you're right, but there wouldn't be much point in releasing a Katrina single months after Katrina. Suppose he got access to the tapes in mid-2006.... Katrina was long-gone from the minds of people not affected by the Hurricanes. It would have needed to be released for reasons other than Katrina.

It's a shame, the talent lineup sounded amazing. I hope it gets released in some form or another in the future.

Hmmm.. Singles (if the album is successful enough) can go over 2 years.

That was the case with Dangerous anyway.

Singles:

November 1991 - "Black or White" U.S. #1 / UK #1
January 1992 - "Remember the Time" U.S. #3 / UK #3
April 1992 - "In the Closet" U.S. #6 / UK #8
July 1992 (U.S.); September 1992 (UK) - "Jam" U.S. #26 / UK #12
August 1992 (Europe); February 1993 (U.S.) - "Who Is It" U.S. #14 / UK #10
October 1992 - "Heal the World" U.S. #27 / UK #2
February 1993 - "Give in to Me" UK #2 (Europe only single)
May 1993 - "Will You Be There" U.S. #7 / UK #8
November 1993 - "Gone Too Soon" UK #33 (UK only single)

I'm sure you're right, but there wouldn't be much point in releasing a Katrina single months after Katrina. Suppose he got access to the tapes in mid-2006.... Katrina was long-gone from the minds of people not affected by the Hurricanes. It would have needed to be released for reasons other than Katrina.

It's a shame, the talent lineup sounded amazing. I hope it gets released in some form or another in the future.

Well, the same thing happened with What More Can I Give, yet he still managed to get it to the public in 2003.

But he never got access to the tapes for Katrina single. Doubt he ever ever will.

would have loved to get a chance to listen to that song..

Last edited:
Back