Beijing 2008

I'm watching basketball too. I watched the swimming and mens gymnastics . Phelps and Torres did great. Way to go Rice with your Gold medal girl! Swimming, diving, gymnastics and basketball are my fav's.

wow they were all fantastic!:punk:
Laszlo Cseh from Hungary won silver, here is a pic of the winners :)

n10.jpg

Great swimming by Laci! It was the best result he could achieve I think. Phelps is unbeatable! :sad: He set the European record again (he set it in June 2008 before!). :)

I'm watching basketball: China vs. USA. This game is great :kickass:

One of the three referees is Finnish! I'm so proud :lol:

I'm watching it too. It's great! :)

OMG at the US Men. They snatched the GOLD away from France at the last milli-second. (4 x 100 Freeystyle) THAT was an AMAZING finish!

That 4X100 freestyle relay was one of the best olympic events I've ever witnessed.

Way to talk trash, Frenchies!

Chinese basketball players have little endurance for the 2nd half

what a pity

I love American team since I'm a fan of NBA, lol.

the stadium is a few blocks away from my Beijing home. but the ticket is so hot that I can't even get one

OMG at the US Men. They snatched the GOLD away from France at the last milli-second. (4 x 100 Freeystyle) THAT was an AMAZING finish!

I feel sorry for the French team. I wanted them to win! :sad:

OMG WHAT IS THIS!!!????

Finland got it's first gold medal from trap shooting!!! Satu Mäkelä-Nummela is the lucky woman!
Oh my God I can't believe this! :bugeyed
I would have never thought that we get a GOLD medal anywhere else than from mens javelin... And it came by Olympic Record! Wow!

Plus we got bronze medal earlier today from men's 10m air rifle :tease:

L.J, you have something to add to those medal standings :cheeky:

I'm still just going crazy.. I'm alone at home and I just came from school and thought I'll check if there's any good news but never thought I would read this :wild:

You know here we have to celebrate even if it's only one gold medal, it's big thing here :yes:

And btw, I wanted French to win the 4x100m freestyle swim, too.

edit: Kinga you propably know the hungarian swimmer Agnes Mutina? I love her name, it means 'murmur' in Finnish :lol: I know it's off topic, sorryy.

Last edited:
All Gold Medal winning countries:

Rank NOC Name Men Women Open/Mixed Total Rank by Total G S B T G S B T G S B T G S B T 1 CHN - China 3 2 1 6 5 1

8 3 1 12 =1 2 KOR - Korea 3 1
4 1 1

4 2
6 =3 3 USA - United States 2
2 4 1 4 3 8

3 4 5 12 =1 4 AUS - Australia

1 1 2
2 4

3 5 =5 5 JPN - Japan 2

2 2

2 4 =8 6 GBR - Great Britain

1 3

1 3 10 7 CZE - Czech Republic 1

1 1

2 =11 8 ITA - Italy 1 3

1 1

1 3 1 5 =5 9 ESP - Spain 1
1 2

1 2 =11 9 FIN - Finland

1 1 1

1 2 =11 9 NED - Netherlands

1 1 1

1 2 =11 12 IND - India 1

1 =17 12 ROU - Romania

1 =17 12 THA - Thailand

1 =17

OMG WHAT IS THIS!!!????

Finland got it's first gold medal from trap shooting!!! Satu Mäkelä-Nummela is the lucky woman!
I would have never thought that we get a GOLD medal anywhere else than from mens javelin... And it came by Olympic Record! Wow!

I'm still just going crazy.. I'm alone at home and I just came from school and thought I'll check if there's any good news but never thought I would read this :wild:

You know here we have to celebrate even if it's only one gold medal, it's big thing here :yes:

edit: Kinga you propably know the hungarian swimmer Agnes Mutina? I love her name, it means 'murmur' in Finnish :lol: I know it's off topic, sorryy.
Congratulations on Finland for the medals!! :D And yeah as we all know Olympics is not all about who win the games, Im so happy to be here in Beijing rooting for every athlete who take part in the great event :cheeky:

Italian Valentina Vezzali just won final of Fencing - Women's Individual Foil.
Italy.gif

She's is olympic champion for the 3rd time in a row! :wild::clapping:

I think Michael Phepls will win 8 golds
I am very expecting
Because his name is Michael too

Last edited:
I think Michael Phepls will won 8 gold
I am very expecting
Because his name is Michael too
:lol: It's good expect that because of his name :lol:

Though I hope not :mello: I want to see other winners too.

The Chinese sure handle sports well :D Oh, wait, is there something they CAN'T do? :huh: :lol:

We only got gold in Judo so far, but I'm still enjoying the games ^_^

I loved the men gymnastics :wild:

OMG WHAT IS THIS!!!????

Congratulations to Finland!!! :) Nice results!!!

For Hungarian athletes it's not going so well... :sad: They lost in fencing (both men and women), Ágnes Szávay lost his first match in tennis, all our judo men/women and boxing men has to leave without points and medals. Now all my hope goes to our canoe, men waterpolo, women handball teams... :angel:

hehe Hanna, it's a great name! :lol: Thanks for the translation.:D

Italian Valentina Vezzali just won final of Fencing - Women's Individual Foil.
Italy.gif

She's is olympic champion for the 3rd time in a row! :wild::clapping:

Congratulations to her! He won one match against our Hungarian woman. :sad:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Finland!!! :) Nice results!!!

hehe Hanna, it's a great name! :lol: Thanks for the translation.:D

There's also the American badminton player, Raju Rai. 'Raju' means 'boisterous' or 'rude' in Finnish :D

Finland's badminton Player Ville Lång dropped from the 4th round. He made anyway history being the first Finn ever to reach the top 16 in Olympics :yes:

Phelps really is dominating swimming! :eek:
How can one person be the best at every single swimming style??

Anyway... We've already got three bronze medals in Judo. :)
I'm waiting to see what's next!!

Phelps owned France... the relay was insane, though. Everyone in the room went crazy, lol.

22 medals and counting, America... :clapping:

By the way, let me ask you something L.J!
Why do the aussies use green and yellow to route for Australia? :scratch:

I never understood that!

We started using Green and Gold many years ago as it's the colours of our national emblem being the Wattle tree which is a bright green and bright yellow in colour:

47692535.s_20D_IMG_2347_050812.jpg

:)

Phelps really is dominating swimming! :eek:
How can one person be the best at every single swimming style??

Yes... sorrily that's why our László Cseh can't win gold medal... He won 2 silver medals behind Phelps, but honestly no one can beat him...:no:

^^ YEAH and that is not right IMO!
It's not fair that no one else can't win :angry:

But what can you do? He's just so good.

Last edited:
wooohoooo :clapping::clapping: We have our 3rd medal, it's a bronze, and Ildikó Mincza-Nébald has won it in individual fencing!!!!:clapping::clapping:

Hanna: One of our commentator said that your swimmer Hanna-Maria Seppala is one of the prettiest girl among the swimmers. :wub: I think he really likes her! :lol:

Congrats for your 3rd medal Kinga!!

Hanna: One of our commentator said that your swimmer Hanna-Maria Seppala is one of the prettiest girl among the swimmers. :wub: I think he really likes her! :lol:
Well, she is beautiful :yes:
She has been voted many times as the best looking female athlete of Finland.

And she just won the first lot in 100m freestyle with new Finland's record. Go Hanna-Maria!!! ^_^ :clapping:

^^^Thank you! :cheers:

Yes, I've seen that, she was very good and fast!:clapping:

Beijing Provides 100,000 Condoms For Athletes

The Sydney Olympics ran out of them, so organisers of the Beijing Games are hoping 100,000 condoms will satisfy the needs of Olympic athletes.
condoms_olympics.jpg

While sex is not an Olympic sport it is expected to be an activity in the Beijing village housing 10,500 athletes, all of whom are in great shape and with plenty of free time on their hands once they're knocked out of the Games.
Athletes have received free condoms at every Olympics since Barcelona in 1992.
"There are many young, strong, single people in the athletes' village and, like everywhere, some will fall in love or other things so we need to make condoms available," said Ole Hansen, spokesman for UNAIDS China.
"A lot of these young people are not married or in relationships so we want to make sure they have the information and tools to protect themselves if they have sexual encounters."
At the Sydney Games in 2000 athletes quickly exhausted a supply of 70,000 and another 20,000 had to be brought in.
The Foundation for AIDS Research, amfAR, said 100,000 were distributed at the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002 after a plan to distribute 250,000 condoms met protests by religious groups and was scaled back. At Athens in 2004 about 130,000 condoms were distributed.

I thought you werent supposed to have sex before competing? :lol:

Last edited:
Did anyone see the gymnastics team's final? :eek:
I really thought the American was gonna win... But I didn't watch it till the end, so... :D

Thanks for the explanation, L.J! Now I get it! ;)

I thought you werent supposed to have sex before competing? :lol:

Firstly, LOL at the piece of news. :lol:
And I guess some do have sex before competing... :unsure:
But I think the ones who already competed and are still in the athletes village are the main concern of this measure. ;)

Back