Beijing 2008

INSANE on how he was running. Oh my god!! :wild:

Thats the most awesome thing I have ever seen. Congrats to Jamaica :clapping:

Yeah, and did you know that he was not the biggest probable winner of the 100 m (it's the 200 m!!!), still there weren't any athlete that could beat him... :eek:

Cavic was better. End of story!

I don't know, but that's sure that the luck was on Phelps' side again...

Roger Federer's dream became reality when he has won the pairs' match in the final in tennis with Stanislas Wawrinka. They are olympic champions. Well done! :clapping:

Last edited:
I was surprised that Tyson Gay didn't get to the final.. but I heard from our commentators that he had some problems during this season and no one really knew he's shape..

Roger Federer's dream became reality when he has won the pairs' match in the final in tennis with Stanislas Wawrinka. They are olympic champions. Well done! :clapping:
Yay I didn't know that! Congrats to them :clapping:

That "Swedish" guy was rude and fool. I haven't seen such behaviour in my life. :doh:

i have just read that they took back his (Ara Abrahamian) bronze medal because of his behaviour, this means minus 1 bronze for Sweden ...i believe Sweden is pretty pissed at him

Last edited:
^^^I think he deserved - at least - this punishment.:yes: He was unfair and didn't behave like a great sportsman.

wow oh wow! :D

lots of drama and excitement

I felt sorry for Hackett not winning the 1500m freestyle.

It sure is tough out there :eek:

^^^ah well, Hackett didn't win the gold. I am sorry for him!:(

Hey Hanna! Congratulations to Finland for winning the silver medal in lightweight double sculls women final!!! woohooo!!:clapping:

Today - in 2 hours time - there will be the final of the hammer throw!

Please cheer for our Krisztián Pars. He set the best result so far... I so hope he can win Hungary's first gold medal!!!!

Goooo Krisztián!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Please cheer for our Krisztián Pars. He set the best result so far... I so hope he can win Hungary's first gold medal!!!!

wow i totally forgot that. I was just waiting today for woman handball
smilie_handball.gif
(Hungary-Korea), but wow the hammer throw is going to be exciting, a gold medal would be amazing
sport-smiley-022.gif

Oh isn't the handball exciting to watch? :D :D

We don't really play it as much here in Australia and I've been having a blast watching it! :wild:

^^^ah well, Hackett didn't win the gold. I am sorry for him!:(

Hey Hanna! Congratulations to Finland for winning the silver medal in lightweight double sculls women final!!! woohooo!!:clapping:

Thanks Kinga! I was so nervous because in the end it went very close between the silver medal (Canada was very close) I'm happy we got it :clapping:And now we have achieved our intention - 3 medals which one is gold. Though I hope we will get even more!

I hope good luck for the Hungarian hammer thrower along our own Olli-Pekka Karjalainen :yes: He's not very good so I don't think he's threating your hopes of gold medal. :D

Woohoooo, it's GOLD for Sandra Izbasa at the Apparatus!!! :clap:

And we also got gold at the Women's Marathon!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so happy, I even cried :cry:

Thanks Kinga! I was so nervous because in the end it went very close between the silver medal (Canada was very close) I'm happy we got it :clapping:And now we have achieved our intention - 3 medals which one is gold. Though I hope we will get even more!

I hope good luck for the Hungarian hammer thrower along our own Olli-Pekka Karjalainen :yes: He's not very good so I don't think he's threating your hopes of gold medal. :D

Well, I didn't know that a Finnish guy is also in the final of the hammer throw. I watched it, it was quite exciting, though they couldn't beat the Slovenian guy. Sorrily Kirsztián couldn't reach a better result, so he is 4th, and Olli-Pekka is 6th.

We lost against Korea in women handball....22-33... that's awful....:(

We play our next match against Romania.

^^^:lol: I hope the opposite!!!...:D

Just watched the 100 m women final and the first 3 places went to the Jamaican women!!!! They were amazing!!!

Edit: no, no... the 2nd and the 3rd set the same time... so 2 silver medals and an American woman gets the bronze medal!!! :eek:

Last edited:
^^^OMG that was amazing!! Jamaicans really beat the Americans at the moment.. :yes:

6th place is good for Olli-Pekka, I'm happy for the result because it wasn't even sure that he would make it to the final. And he did his season best so that's good.

Cryingangel, I watched the awarding of women's marathon it was beautiful when your winner was clearly maudlin and almost cried.

p.s. I like Russian's national anthem :D

edit: Oh my well that went really close then... but congrats to Jamaica anyway :clapping:

Last edited:
p.s. I like Russian's national anthem :D

me too... :) Behind the Iron Curtain (till 1989) we heard the Russian anthem many many times...

There are some great anthems IMO. I like (after the Hungarian one) the Italian, the German, the American, the Finnish and GB's. They are nice.

Do you know that the Spanish and one more anthem in the world don't have lyrics...? Isn't this interesting?

Last edited:
me too... :) Behind the Iron Curtain (till 1989) we heard the Russian anthem many many times...

There are some great anthems IMO. I like (after the Hungarian one) the Italian, the German, the American, the Finnish and GB's. They are nice.

Do you know that the Spanish and one more anthem in the world don't have lyrics...? Isn't this interesting?
Aww thanks you like our anthem ^_^

I didn't know they don't have lyrics... how do they sing them then :huh:

Last edited:
Aww thanks you like our anthem ^_^

I didn't know they don't have lyrics... how do they sing them then :huh:

I edited my post so please do so, you too. The Belgian one has lyrics. :) I did a mistake.

They say they sing it with na-na-na...:)

I like yours, I've heard it a lot of times and I want to hear it more and more!!! Next time on next Sunday!!!

I haven't caught that many medal presentations; too bad, I like a lot of the national anthems too. The Russian one is one of my favs. And the French one's great too. I should go look for the others; I've forgotten how some of them go. :( :D

Oh no :( Liu Xiang couldn't run the 100m hurdles noooooo :cry:

I feel so sorry for him and all the Chinese people...

That Russian in the pole jump thing!! :eek:
Amazing! She jumped 5m05... :)
Pole jump thing :giggle:
She is amazing :yes: Our commentator just said that someone had said that she is on the same level with men!

edit: Yelena Isinbajeva.

Last edited:
How come in almost all the sports Americans win?

I mean, did anyone see the races?

Talk about fair game...

Last edited:
Back