Beijing 2008

I'm sports mad I wait every 4 years for this event.

Australia has a very deep culture of sporting pride :)

But I like to cheer for two things when I watch the Olympics. I cheer for my Aussies, and I cheer for all those little countries that have like 2 athletes in the whole thing, and I get such a kick out of them when they beat one of the top 4 (like the US, China etc).

why didn't you guys get it live too?

I herd Bagpipes going of come on the Scotts :D Andy Murry better bring is back some gold medals and make us all proud not that he hasnt already done that lol

WoooOww it was amazing from the first seconds to the lighting of the Olympic fire :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Great job Chinese poeple! :)

It was great when China's team came out and the basketball player who held China's flag had the little boy beside him :wub: Aww it was sooo cute. (They had a HUGE team btw!)

Now I can't wait for the games to begin and hear some good news from Finnish athletes :D

Last edited:
Dear people of China. Will you please change your time zone to GMT so that us Europeans could watch the games during day time. Now we have to get up at night if we want to see something live. Thank you.

:D

:lol: That would be great! :)

What an amazing opening Ceromony :D the guy running around the Stadium to light the torch was amazing the Stadium looked so colorful at night

Yeah, it was amazing!!!!!:punk:

The opening ceremony was amazing, i could just watch the second half of it but i will tonight watch again the beginning..(i also totally missed our countries team coming in ) did you see them Kinga?

I'm sports mad I wait every 4 years for this event.

Me too!! :D

Oh my... I loved the torch!!! The whole ceremony was beautiful, but the torch was amazingly beautiful!!

Now I'll have to find a way to watch everything I can! It won't be an easy task. :lol:

The opening ceremony was amazing, i could just watch the second half of it but i will tonight watch again the beginning..(i also totally missed our countries team coming in ) did you see them Kinga?

No, sorrily I could watch the last 45 minutes of it. Later in the news they showed them for a couple of seconds. Have you seen their clothes? They are really lovely, I like them.:cheeky: If I saw well Zoltán Kammerer held our flag! :) (He's handsome :wub:)

No, sorrily I could watch the last 45 minutes of it. Later in the news they showed them for a couple of seconds. Have you seen their clothes? They are really lovely, I like them.:cheeky: If I saw well Zoltán Kammerer held our flag! :) (He's handsome :wub:)
OMG yes he's very handsome!! :yes: I noticed that right away :D

OMG yes he's very handsome!! :yes: I noticed that right away :D

:cheeky: :wub: :blush: He's 3 times olympic and world champion in canoening. I hope he can achieve his 4th gold medal there in China!!! *fingers crossed*

yeah, it's amazing

I love it

thank you guys

But I still don't feel safe in the city during this time

from Beijing

Last edited:
yeah, it's amazing

I love it

thank you guys

But I still don't feel safe in the city during this time

from Beijing

Wow your from Beijing how cool :D hello from the other side of the world *waves* lol

Though I wait every 4 years for this to come around.. What I am more excited about is what Beijing did to get prepared for this..

It will effect the world in a positive way..

Wow! I'm totally enjoying the opening ceremonies.
The syncronization of all those people is amazing.
The detail of everything from the costumes to the focus,
dedication and training really is just........awesome.

Yeah it's truly awesome!!!

Some more flags I found for anyone who wants one:

flag_at.gif
flag_au.gif
flag_be.gif
flag_ca.gif
flag_dk.gif
flag_fr.gif
flag_gb.gif
flag_ger.gif
flag_it.gif
flag_nl.gif
flag_pt.gif
flag_us.gif
flag_bg.gif

flag_br.gif
flag_cl.gif
flag_cs.gif
flag_fi.gif
flag_hu.gif
flag_ie.gif
flag_es.gif
flag_eu.gif
flag_ru.gif
flag_se.gif
flag_slo.gif
flag_za.gif
flag_ch.gif

This stuff has been on here for 2 hours. I keep turning back for the parade of nations. That's all I want to see. Guess I missed it.

no the nations will come out shortly, why didn't you guys get it live? it would have started in your morning I guess :scratch:

Woo!!

The Australian Women's basketball team (the Opals) has beaten Belarus in the opening women's game.

How big was the roar when the Aussies came out in the opening ceremony? :D I wonder why there was such a big roar for our little country :D

America's comin' soon. Woop! :lol:

And dang, I missed the Aussies? Maaan... lol.

Nah Aussies were third last to come out :D

Norway beat Belgium in the Women's Beach Volleyball, the men's road race is starting soon too

Australia out just now. Got one dude on top of another shoutin', happy as hell, wow!!! :dance:

YAY!!!!!!!!! go Aussies!! :wild:

Img214520181.jpg

(BEIJING, August 9) -- Katerina Emmons of the Czech Republic won the first gold of the Olympic Games in the Women's 10m Air Rifle in Beijing on August 9. Emmons shot 103.5 in the final, which gave her a total of 503.5.
Emmons broke the Olympic final record, which was held by China's Du Li.
The silver medal went to Russia's Lioubov Galkina and the bronze medal went to Croatia's Snjezana Pejcic.
Emmons earlier broke the Olympic qualification record when she shot a perfect 400 in the qualification round of the event.

China was amazing also. I ain't seen Yao Ming in a long while... still looking great (and tall). The story on that little boy; said that 20-30 of his classmates were killed in that earthquake, and he went on to rescue 2 of his classmates :sad:

Last edited:
Do y'all see this jusrt right NOW :woohoo: The dude is going AROUND the stadium on the WALL!!!!!!

Last edited:
China and Czech Republic have their first Golds.

Back