American Idol Top 13: Michael Jackson Week!

Hopeful this will have a good effect on MJ's sales in America. People will get to see how MJ's songs are.

I'm referring to the younger generation.

I liked it. Danny did a good job and how cool was it that he sang the PYT demo at the beginning?

Danny was trying a BIT too hard...

But you know what, no one can sing a Michael Jackson song good.
BUT EMJAY HIMSELF!!

Danny was trying a BIT too hard...

But you know what, no one can sing a Michael Jackson song good.

That's 'cause Michael's voice is just so brilliant and unique. The way he phrases things and his tone is just one of a kind. It's almost impossible for anyone to do an MJ song justice. Most of the MJ covers i've heard have been horrendous. They almost always come across as comical. Danny did a good job tho.

I can't believe Simon said he hated Keep The Faith in front of Siedah when she was one of the co-writers of the song lol.

That's 'cause Michael's voice is just so brilliant and unique. The way he phrases things and his tone is just one of a kind. It's almost impossible for anyone to do an MJ song justice. Most of the MJ covers i've heard have been horrendous. They almost always come across as comical. Danny did a good job tho.
I think the covers of "Billie Jean" by Jose Feliciano & Chris Cornell are good.

:bugeyed:bugeyed

They have just butchered You Are Not Alone..

lol that was a hot mess, Simon stop trying to be nice...

I think the covers of "Billie Jean" by Jose Feliciano & Chris Cornell are good.

I haven't heard his version, but i've heard Chris Cornell's and I think he did a phenomenal job. He stripped away the instrumental, so you could just focus on his voice and the lyrics of the song . Chris did a brilliant job.

That's one of the few exceptions though. Most MJ covers i've heard have been awful.

i like some of the arrangements, Keep The Faith sounds nice.

NOBODY sings like Mike!

That being said, I think so far, PYT was the best cover, then I'll Be There...
Remember the Time was pretty cool/interesting (o;

Um this is an interesting show so far....
I'm just stoked these people know more than Thriller...

oh my give in to me... one of my favs

Back