American Idol Top 13: Michael Jackson Week!

Pretty ironic that this announcement was made a day after MJ's. And this could give Mike a reason to promote it on ellen degeneres show!

Pretty ironic that this announcement was made a day after MJ's. And this could give Mike a reason to promote it on ellen degeneres show!

OMG!! I wish!!!
Wasn't he gonna come on a show??
And who better than Ellen?? She is super kind and doesn't make people awkward? I mean, did you watch Jason Mesnick on their. She was so sweet to me even though so many people are making judgments about him and being mean and all cuz of the whole Bachelor thing.

He should definately consider her show for promotion ^_^

Awsome!!! Thanx for the heads-up TSCM.

When they had Stevie Wonder week, Stevie did the show (like many others) and they showed a clip of the contestant practicing with Stevie before coming out and doing the cover. Then, the next night, Stevie performed live.

Too bad they can't do this with MJ... having him talk about singing and giving some views on some young singers is what he sorely needs. I would love to hear him talk about some music. Every time he does an interview, it's always about his personal life and the hype and glamour. Never about the music. Which is probably why he's always so reluctant to do interviews. It's important to remember why he's famous in the first place, but everybody that interviews him overlooks that.
Oh I watched Stevie performing "My Love is on Fire" on youtube. I guess that was a part of the Stevie Wonder week? Didn't know they had one.

We hope Mike makes an appearance at the show like Stevie did:angel:I feel you. Many of the interviwers mostly brought up rumors and made backhanded compliments and didn't bother to talk about his music or artistry...I'm sure if more questions about those important things are asked, Mike would be glad to answer them.

The Michael Jackson-Idol Poll

Are you holding on to hope that the King of Pop will appear on next week's American Idol and show those kids how it's done?

• 41.0% Yes, please, Icon on Idol!
  • 38.1% Kelly & Kanye will be just fine, thanks
  • 20.9% It'll take more than M.J. for me to watch televised karaoke
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103216_american_idol_does_michael_jackson_will.html
Thanx Mo:) Voted!

"Kelly and Kanye will be just fine"?? What that means? I don't follow the AI...

EDIT: Now I get it. Read the article.

none of those bitches better touch man in the mirror i know that much lol

nah..lol. i'll be happy if i just don't see another Billie Jean cover with shocking arrangement.
hah

f_ok.gif

not too bad.. better than most i've heard.

i'm a bit unfair though, because i can't imagine anyone doing it in a way that would really impress me....... it's just cos i think the original is perfect in every way.

I think it would be a good idea for Michael to show up. If he performed, and he performed well, I think the hype for his O2 concert series will sky-rocket. Plus I think it would be good for people to see Michael in his element, coaching the contestants. He would obviously have a lot of knowledge and trade secrets to pass on. He has perfected the art of performing. Watch how he handles a microphone, how he moves around the stage. He's perfected it and I think he'd have a lot to share with the contestants. He'd make a fantastic mentor on Idol.

I missed Kris Allen and Matt Giraud on the show so thanks for uppin' those clips.
I like Matts' performance over Kris'. Kris' was kinda painful to watch
even tho he tried making it his own and was just "OK" in some parts? Whereas
Matt did add his own bit of flavor in parts. Not bad on either of them.
I dont expect anyone to perform a MJ song and do it any justice nor
to impress me the way Michael Jackson does so I just go with whats in front of me.
Thats another reason why I wont be too hard on the Idol contestants this week.
But if they s.uck they s.uck. If they're OK. Then OK. Lol.

I can't bring myself to watch and listen to those kids do a hack job on MJ's masterpieces. I heard one kid sing Man In The Mirror, and I damn near threw my tv.

Everywhere I turn no matter where I look - MICHAELMANIA IS THERE !!!

I don't want to Escape this!

This will probably be the only week I watch the show.:)

im so confused. when people try to do whitney or mariah they always say 'that song was too big for u' so y don' tthey say that when it comes to michael?

ugh i will NOT be watching this hatchet job done of the mans tunes.

im so confused. when people try to do whitney or mariah they always say 'that song was too big for u' so y don' tthey say that when it comes to michael?

ugh i will NOT be watching this hatchet job done of the mans tunes.
lol, I will, cause I can't help it!!!
Alot of times they would say, only Michael Jackson could sing that song. But when David Cook murdered Billie Jean, and that guy killed MITM, I was annoyed that nobody said, "umm, no"

But I'm gonna watch cause ppl will notice why we are glad that Michael sings these songs and not AI contestants! They'll see!! lol. Plus, There may be a little vid about MJ :yes:
it will be easy to tell that they suck up against MJ's versions. tee hee hee

great, now I sound evil.....let me disclaim with: I'm sure they are good singers, but nobody can sing a song like Michael Jackson :)

Guys,

Lots of MJ fans on the show. Check out their musical influences on idolonfox.com and in today's USA Today.

We know Kris Allen (he sang Man in the Mirror) but did you know that favorite Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert, Allison Iraherta and even country-boy Michael Sarver cite MJ as biggest male influence.

It's going to be a wild show tonight, full with MJ praises and idolization (no pun intended)

didnt one girl last year sing michaels version of 'come together' and nobody said anything like it was her version.

Michaels version (of Come together) is exactly the same as one Tina Turner did years before.

The Michael Jackson-Idol Poll

Are you holding on to hope that the King of Pop will appear on next week's American Idol and show those kids how it's done?

• 42.7% Yes, please, Icon on Idol!
  • 37.4% Kelly & Kanye will be just fine, thanks
  • 19.8% It'll take more than M.J. for me to watch televised karaoke

Back