American Idol Top 13: Michael Jackson Week!

One guy already did Man In The Mirror.

I hope one of those dudes takes a shot at Liberian Girl. I like that song.

I'm calling it right now: Off The Wall, Rock With You, DSTYGE, WBSS, Billie Jean, Human Nature, Beat It, Thriller, Baby Be Mine, Bad, and Smooth Criminal

Cause nothing after Bad exists.

Very true,...unfortunately. At the same time I feel Remember the Time, You Are Not Alone and Butterflies may have a slight chance. Those were the most popular post-Bad....at least in the USA.

DSTGE should be defo left alone. I think that song should only be tackled by a falsetto professional. lol In any other hands it's just asking to be butchered and the person singing it is just asking to get sent home.

Didn't read all the post, so may already be posted...

Not that it matters, but show ya love if ya wanna.

American Idol Does Michael Jackson. Will He Reciprocate?

Today 1:56 PM PST by Breanne L. Heldman
425.americanidolfinalists.jackson.michael.lc.030609.jpg

American Idol Poll: MJ Week Poll

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103216_american_idol_does_michael_jackson_will.html

The Michael Jackson-Idol Poll

Are you holding on to hope that the King of Pop will appear on next week's American Idol and show those kids how it's done?

• 38.8% Yes, please, Icon on Idol!
  • 36.5% Kelly & Kanye will be just fine, thanks
  • 24.7% It'll take more than M.J. for me to watch televised karaoke

Didn't read all the post, so may already be posted...

Not that it matters, but show ya love if ya wanna.

American Idol Does Michael Jackson. Will He Reciprocate?

Today 1:56 PM PST by Breanne L. Heldman
425.americanidolfinalists.jackson.michael.lc.030609.jpg

American Idol Poll: MJ Week Poll

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103216_american_idol_does_michael_jackson_will.html

The Michael Jackson-Idol Poll

Are you holding on to hope that the King of Pop will appear on next week's American Idol and show those kids how it's done?

• 38.8% Yes, please, Icon on Idol!
  • 36.5% Kelly & Kanye will be just fine, thanks
  • 24.7% It'll take more than M.J. for me to watch televised karaoke
LOL even if the poll does not matter... I voted YES anyway. :lol:

It's at this now..

• 39.2% Yes, please, Icon on Idol!
  • 36.7% Kelly & Kanye will be just fine, thanks
  • 24.1% It'll take more than M.J. for me to watch televised karaoke

Very true,...unfortunately. At the same time I feel Remember the Time, You Are Not Alone and Butterflies may have a slight chance. Those were the most popular post-Bad....at least in the USA.

DSTGE should be defo left alone. I think that song should only be tackled by a falsetto professional. lol In any other hands it's just asking to be butchered and the person singing it is just asking to get sent home.

Replace DSTYGE with Heal The World or MITM

I always like it when someone does one of his songs on the show, but I don't know why because I never think they sound good compared to MJ, LOL. Mario Vasquez sang "Whatever Happens" for his audition in season 5, and I still remember it though. It isn't one that is done very often, and he really sounded good.
I just like hearing his songs and people talking about Michael in a positive way. I agree with others who said that they should do other songs and not just ones from OTW and Thriller. I would LOVE it if Michael would go and mentor the contestants, even if he didn't perform on the show. He would have a lot he could teach them and could help them a lot, and it would be good promotion for him.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!I've been watching, but I must've missed that!!!!!
*EXCITED BEYOND BELIEF* lol

Finally a reason to watch that nonsense show. :coffee:
LOL!!!

Naw, i think they just need the ratings...who else better to bring 'em up than Mike...?

Dang, I got rugby practice on tuesday..........but it should be on the net, right?

SO true!
YES! I'll totally watch it! I haven't been watching this season at all really, but I'll definitely watch.
I was flipping through a week or so ago, and someone on there was singing "Man In The Mirror"... not very well, I might add!

Oh, so many great songs will be ruined this Tuesday! Haha.
Yeah, I thought it sucked too, but I think the judges liked it......:mello:

I'm so tired of this show but i will watch for this. well I may, i might forget, lol

How dope are things now you guys! LOVE IT!

I just have to ask ... are we all going to straight up dog the performances ?? Or is it possible that we just might choose to celebrate the fact that Idol dedicated a week to the king of pop ??

what do you say people ?? Let's make this a positive. It is a positive, why twist it with negative ??

You naw I meanz ??

^^ I'm just so GLAD they are finally dedicating a show to him!!! It's about time!!!!! geez!

I am happy!!!! although I am still bummed Von didn't make it, he was such a good singer :)

Oh dear, how many of his songs will be murdered, but Cowell will enjoy the opportunity of trashing his work, as he does at every opportunity.

I'm sure the fabulous Adam will do him justice and maybe a few others.

I just have to ask ... are we all going to straight up dog the performances ?? Or is it possible that we just might choose to celebrate the fact that Idol dedicated a week to the king of pop ??

what do you say people ?? Let's make this a positive. It is a positive, why twist it with negative ??

You naw I meanz ??

Completely agree.. but still have to admit that hearing someone else sing Michaels songs makes me more likely to expect them to fail. Its just sutch a high standard, so its a true test of talent and originality.
But anyway it will be entertaining and great promotion!!! Its a win- win, anyhow!:yes:

Okay I'm gonna screeeeaaamm if Michael comes on a live video feed of w/e. And don't even get me started on if he ACTUALLY shows him!!!!!

Well ALRIGHT then!! Michael Jackson week!! I haven't been watching American Idol lately, but I'm DEFINITELY gonna tune in THIS week!

It's gonna be pizza and MJJ!!! :pizza:

Last edited:
I don't think it is just a coincidence that it is Michael Jackson week. Perfect timing.

I don't usually watch AI after the auditions, but I'll definitely tune in for this...

Anyone remeber this? I thought he was ok.

i will not be watching, its never funny, people literaly massacre mjs songs to the point of some of the all time great records sounding average, they do shockingly bad arangements and it just makes me sad, cause it doesnt do mjs music any favours, it was like this on the x factor, and with simon cowell on american idol, it will be the same.

Lord, help ace, he straight up struggled on butterflies. Most men don't so sound hot singing fasletto or high pitches. *coughtimberlakecough* *coughrobinthickecough* it just be sounding so nasty. like a cat being strangled. Then ace couldn't even handle the "IF you would be my love" part, po' thang i just stopped listening. lol

I am happy its michael week, usa showing love, but AI is whack to me anyways and know (well think) mikes songs are gonna get tow' up from the flo' up.lol

I had a feeling there would be a MJ-themed night on American Idol.

I don't usually watch AI after the auditions, but I'll definitely tune in for this...

Anyone remeber this? I thought he was ok.

I just want to make sure, but did Paula Abdul just say "I thought it was better than the original artist?"

I mean, I know she's perpetually on drugs, but for God's sake, that's INSANE. The kid was ok, but not even close to MJ.

Maybe Paula did enjoyed it better than the original artist.
But we all know, including Paula , that with the original, there is no comparison. She crazy.

Back