Amercian Music Awards 2009 (Live TV Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he already hold the record for most awards received from AMA's prior to tonight??

He did! :yes:

I am a bit disappointed that Michael didn't win "Artist of the Year". What happened to all our votes? Does Taylor Swift have more fans or did they vote day and night or something? Would love to see the poll results. No offense towards Ms Swift, I have never heard of her before the Kanye-incident... So I don't know what great things she did this year, I guess she's very popular in the US.

The crazy part about all this is that he wouldn't have been nominated at all if he were still living.....How does one take that.....? :( F*cking music indusrty! SUCK HIS SOCKS!

He did! :yes:

I am a bit disappointed that Michael didn't win "Artist of the Year". What happened to all our votes? Does Taylor Swift have more fans or did they vote day and night or something? Would love to see the poll results. No offense towards Ms Swift, I have never heard of her before the Kanye-incident... So I don't know what great things she did this year, I guess she's very popular in the US.

I'm in the U.S. and I NEVER heard of her until that Kanye incident. That's why this whole thing didn't make sense to me. Like a funky nightmare. Its unreal.
I mean good for her and all.. but damn.

I didn't really bother watching the AMAs. Though I did tape it because of the awards that Michael was nominated for. But after hearing how Michael didn't get the one award that I thought for sure he was going to win. It was no wonder why I didn't really watch it. But I am glad he won 4 of the 5 awards.

I was actually hoping he'd take the Artist of the Year award . But that's probably just my wishful thinking.

Was my wishful thinking too...:( I'm thinking since they presented him with the Artist of the Century Award in 02 they felt they could get away with this. In all honesty I would have rather him win JUST the Artist of the Year Award then the others combined like he did. I find it hard to believe this is solely based on popular vote. Cause if that's the case, and Taylor won the big award, wouldn't she have also won the award where she was up against MJ? If her fans voted to beat MJ in that Artist of the Year category, it would make sense for her to beat MJ in the other category as well. A fan is going to vote consistently across the board. Dunno...seems odd.

Do you guys think that Jermaine omitted Randy's name on purpose or by accident? How do you remember all your siblings name, but forget one of them?!?! But Jermaine and Randy probably have a bad past since Jermaine married Alejandra.

Do you guys think that Jermaine omitted Randy's name on purpose or by accident? How do you remember all your siblings name, but forget one of them?!?! But Jermaine and Randy probably have a bad past since Jermaine married Alejandra.

I noticed that too. I heard they had a fight about something a couple months back. Its pretty sad though

Oh boy. After hearing about all this and the history with Michael and the AMA's reminds me of when I was a little kid back in '84, watching him accepting all those awards......and now he's gone. This is hard to deal with. When something like this comes along...an event Michael basically made famous and he's not here with us anymore but the event is. Man.

I didn't watch it. Well I tried to watch the first half an hour but the stream kept cutting at it was 1.30 in the morning so was falling asleep! So glad that Mike won 4 awards but although he didn't win Artist of the Year from what I hear Taylor Swift has some wonderful words about Michael.

No VIDEO with Jermaine?

And... why they report that Michael has won 23 AMAs if he received 22 - before AMA, after its 26 AMAs!
Or Am I wrong?

I miss Adam doing this style.. he should totally be in theater.
He has a beautiful voice

[youtube]lvwcJUhIa0U[/youtube]

MJ is definitely the "Artist Of The Year" !!!

Michael is the artist who sold the most for 2009, so how can he possibly not be the Artist Of The Year? Taylor seems sweet so good on her I guess, even if its not right. lol

Very disappointing that the AMA's didn't do a tribute to Michael, its actually very disgusting considering MJ is the greatest entertainer/artist who ever lived!

I noticed that too. I heard they had a fight about something a couple months back. Its pretty sad though

Am i the only one who thinks these awards were for Michael'ss solo songs and not for The Jackson Five, or The Jacksons???, i think he should have limited his family speech to the man that is now gone, to the man who created those songs, to Michael Jackson, he almost dindt name Michael at all.

I firmly believe in the bottom of his heart he hates the fact that he is NOT Michael Jackson, and that Michael did not let him any money whatsoever... both sad and pathetic... pure jelousy...

Michael is the artist who sold the most for 2009, so how can he possibly not be the Artist Of The Year? Taylor seems sweet so good on her I guess, even if its not right. lol

Exactly, but as far as I know, the peoples choice decided that Taylor won. MJs fans werent able to vote more... for Michael.

She is nice, but... she is the example of the one year wonder, like Usher, Justin..., but Michaels successful years have been running all the time, anytime he did something... he ruled, he was nominated and won something...

Its sad that this is the last time we could enjoy the Michaelmania... and nominations for such awards...

Last edited:

Very disappointing that the AMA's didn't do a tribute to Michael, its actually very disgusting considering MJ is the greatest entertainer/artist who ever lived!

Mike is THE ARTIST. Not the artist of the year, or of the decade, or of the century. So I personally don't care if he was or not "the artist of the year" at the AMA's :)

I love Janet and the music mix (awesome), but the lip-synch is horrible..., the voice was so clear and if she said something it sounded so... "deep"...., but its a show..., but its was cool instead of the Lopez travesty...

SO true, it really hurts me, this was Michael Jackson, he was an American, and the Greatest Entertainer, the greatest Artist of all time, and he didnt got any tribute, how could they do such a thing???

About the artist of the year, i dont care, as we all say and know Michael was THE artist he was destined to be the greatest artist of all time, but how could they just not deliver a big truly deserved tribute to such an artist???, i cannot understand it, i really cant, i mean why??? why??? he deserved that and much much more, Michael created a new way of showing music, he was the greatest innovator, its a shame what the American Music Awards did, in terms of artistry is an unforgivable thing.

I hope and i have great hopes that the Grammy Awards will do the right thing, with a very deserved tribute, a deserved dedicated long tribute, nothing like a little pic or a show of only the Thriller/Bad videos, that would be shameful, Michael did not only did Thriller or Bad, they need to praise and remember and RESPECT a talent of his extreme great magnitude the way he deserves it,

and they need to advise it, or i refuse to watch it, i wont watch it, if no proper tribute to MJ is delivered, i wont, i cant, that is against my principles of betraying talent and craft and abillities and hard working to become the best and give the best to the public, and i just cannot do it, i wont, they better pay the tribute that the GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME has won, cause Michael won this honor by becomeing the greatest entertainer /artist of all time. And that all i have to say

Oh boy. After hearing about all this and the history with Michael and the AMA's reminds me of when I was a little kid back in '84, watching him accepting all those awards......and now he's gone. This is hard to deal with. When something like this comes along...an event Michael basically made famous and he's not here with us anymore but the event is. Man.

That's how I feel. So empty and sad. :(
I'm glad he won 4 out of 5 though. Should have been 5. :p

And one more thing, the Grammy Awards will have to work and arrange the presence of only the Michael Jackson's children, Prince Michael, Paris Katherine, and Prince Michael II, they should not invite Jermaine nor JOE, and the one who should be there with the kids are Katherine and Janet, she WOULD HAVE TO BE THERE, this was her brother the one who died, her brother, and this is Janet matter, she should work on that to be there no matter what, is the most wonderful thing she could do, Jermaine or Joe or even Latoya cannot be there in no way.

And one more thing, the Grammy Awards will have to work and arrange the presence of only the Michael Jackson's children, Prince Michael, Paris Katherine, and Prince Michael II, they should not invite Jermaine nor JOE, and the one who should be there with the kids are Katherine and Janet, she WOULD HAVE TO BE THERE, this was her brother the one who died, her brother, and this is Janet matter, she should work on that to be there no matter what, is the most wonderful thing she could do, Jermaine or Joe or even Latoya cannot be there in no way.

I think this decision is made by the family, not the award ceremony people. Jermaine is always the spokesman for them as this is what Katherine must want.

I think this decision is made by the family, not the award ceremony people. Jermaine is always the spokesman for them as this is what Katherine must want.
Look, thats what i said, the grammy awards could suggest it, jermaine pretty much does what he wants, it is known, Katherine does not have the personality to tell him no, Janet should pay tribute to his late brother, if she ever cared, this is the last time for her to pay public honor by only staying there with Michael's children, and im sure those kids want his dad to be recognised, specially Prince I and Paris who are not todlers.

The day Michael Jackson died Jermaine announced saying "my brother the legendary king of pop has died" how could he said the part of legendary king of pop in such a human situation, Michael was a human there, totally opposed at what Janet wisely said at the BET, she said, for you my brother is an icon but for us he is family, Janet is the one who represents Michael and hs children in the right way, Jermaine instead of considering his brother a man, a human, he said in that very bad used term, legendary king of pop, did he ever thought as him as a human, as his brother, and not a star??? is just not right, its unethical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back