Amercian Music Awards 2009 (Live TV Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Jermaine Jermaine... lol.

Anyhow, I do not care for the awards, I never voted for Michael. Call me crazy but awards does not define who Michael is. Let the new kids win something.. Michael has had enough awards. He will still be the worlds most famous person to ever live without all these awards.
Yeah I agree. Michael will always be the greatest entertainer of all time, no matter who got the awards.

I think that MJ winning 4 outta 5 is fantastic!!! And watch him win more when his new material comes out!

Taylor Swift did do a phenomenal job this year & I'm happy she got it. She's humble, talented and very sweet.

Someone may have posted this here today (sorry I haven't checked yet)... the below link is MJ receiving the merit awards in the 1984 AMA when he was 25. Gosh, it all feels like yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTYFI9uFQAs

I saw that original live cast when I was 12 - it was the most magical evening on TV, watching MJ with that gorgeous red sequined military jacket with gold piping, and him win award after award after award.....just wow.

I want to watch Janet but the picture quality of the video on youtube is horrid.

Anyhow, I do not care for the awards, I never voted for Michael. Call me crazy but awards does not define who Michael is. Let the new kids win something.. Michael has had enough awards. He will still be the worlds most famous person to ever live without all these awards.

Mmm but if MJ is nominated and doesn't win it gives people an excuse to say 'michael jackson was nominated but did NOT win..hah.. see nobody thinks he's anything anymore..'

This is me..and probably many others..but I don't care about any award shows today(I'm a 20 year old guy). Sure, winning an award is great but all the "award" shows today feel so fixed and phony.By the way... Look at this AMA's for example..look at all the so called "performances" , they were all horrible(IMO) and many of the "artists" today don't have that special musical fire in their soul. Music today has become very stagnant and more so of a machine type business.

Agree, without Janet & Michael it is just not worth to watch

I really liked how when Michael won his first two awards most of the audience stood up and gave him a standing ovation. That was wonderful/moving to see. It was bittersweet though of course because he wasn't there to accept them. I also noticed that when Taylor Swift won over Michael for the Artist of the Year award there didn't seem to be much audience reaction (I think they were perhaps shocked by the result). It was a bit of a weird moment.

Mmm but if MJ is nominated and doesn't win it gives people an excuse to say 'michael jackson was nominated but did NOT win..hah.. see nobody thinks he's anything anymore..'

If nobody thought he was 'anything anymore' then he wouldn't have been nominated in the first place. AMA noms are based on sales. Michael is the #1 top selling artist of the year. Clearly his music still reaches out to people. So anyone saying that is an idiot, and why do you care so much about the opinions of idiots?

I saw that original live cast when I was 12 - it was the most magical evening on TV, watching MJ with that gorgeous red sequined military jacket with gold piping, and him win award after award after award.....just wow.
So funny, I was 12 as well. (Well, it was like a week or two before my 12th birthday). I just watched the youtube vid again and sort of laughed to myself because I was thinking, "Ah Michael. I was a kid and suddenly you were there in your sparkly red jacket, sunglasses and interesting voice and everyone else in the universe seemed to know who you were and love you and I felt kind of bewildered, confused and mesmerized by it all, lol. By the time the Grammy's were on a month later I was on the rapid road to becoming yours forever" :wub:

I hate Jermaine...what a lowlife...he should get a job or something...trying to be Michael..

I was so nervous and was so happy he got the 4/5 awards. I wish he would have won the fifth one!!! He deserves it and will always live on!!!

it's wonderful that MJ got the awards..he deserves them. but i do know that awards, these days are given, mostly for the wrong reasons. still..even in the midst of wrong reasoning, Michael stands out as an exception, and is always getting them for the right reasons, even when given by people giving with the wrong mentality, because he's Michael. they wanna give the posthumous icon award to help out hollywood, financially, the best artist of the year award was given by sixty year old men to, what they see as jail bait for their fantasies, or else Lady Ga Ga would have gotten it, at least,(although Michael would have deserved it) because although she is nice and attractive, she presented an odd image. it's like in sports where awards go to guys on teams that have scrooges for owners..never liking to give to the yankees because they are generous with money...all awards are usually given for political or evil reasons, these days..but..the beginning of giving awards for the MJ eras was because the awards givers couldn't help but be swept up in the magic..but in later years, the awards givers became envious of MJ, and snubbed him out of hate. except for the WMA's.

Last edited:
Michael would have never forgot to thank his three kids. They brought him a lot more joy in these past 12 years than all the Jacksons combined.
very true.
Anyone noticed, he almost forgot MJ when he picked up the second award? he named all the brothers (except for Randy!!) and started blabbling ...and added MJ's name as an afterthought.

He named his kids, but did not even mention MJ's three little angels.

If Jermaine is the only one available to pick MJ's awards, I don't want him winning anything until Prince reaches 18.

I am sure the kids will ask questions as to why their buddies Jermajesty & Jerfar attend the award ceremony where their own father wins, but their names are not even mentioned.

ETA: when he was interviewed on the red carpet I got the vibe that he wants his kids in showbiz. He told the interviewer that his son is in a group...and during the ceremony he took his kids on stage and introduced them.
Maybe he wants to steal some of the attention the press has bestowed on MJ3. Because often in paparazzi pictures, Jermaine's kids are never named. It is always the MJ3.

ur right I think so too.

Last edited:
...........congrats,sweet angel:wub::D:wub::yes:
I love you so much!:D:yes:

I'm so happy he won. :clapping: I was a bit worried there for a while. Every time they said his name off the list of nominees, I shouted "Michael!" Too bad he didn't win artist of the year though. :( But I'm happy he won the four he did, and broke records yet again. Also loved Janet's performance and I was very happy for Whitney. :)

Someone may have posted this here today (sorry I haven't checked yet)... the below link is MJ receiving the merit awards in the 1984 AMA when he was 25. Gosh, it all feels like yesterday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTYFI9uFQAs

Ah, the good old days (yes, I sound like I'm 90). The 80's up until the very early 90's were for me the best period in music awards shows. Look how cute Barry Manilow was!

I thought adam lamberts performance was "WHAT THE!!!?? :blink:

I thought adam lamberts performance was "WHAT THE!!!?? :blink:

Janet has been black balled since 2004 for nipplegate and this Adam guy is praised.....Ummm???

as for Janet's performance last night...she is hardly mentioned anywhere and Extra has a vote for favorite performance of the show and Janet is not on the list...

when I watched her last night...I thought this would be her time to shine ...especially after her "back-stabbing" interview (this is my view)...but she was flat...lacked energy...

even in death MJ upstaged her once again.....(karma)

when I watched her last night...I thought this would be her time to shine ...especially after her "back-stabbing" interview (this is my view)...but she was flat...lacked energy...

even in death MJ upstaged her once again.....(karma)

Yeah, from what i've been reading on the boards, most people are saying they were underwhelmed by her performance. Most are saying it didn't live up to the hype. And supposedly Russ Parr ripped on her and Jermaine too.

So funny, I was 12 as well. (Well, it was like a week or two before my 12th birthday). I just watched the youtube vid again and sort of laughed to myself because I was thinking, "Ah Michael. I was a kid and suddenly you were there in your sparkly red jacket, sunglasses and interesting voice and everyone else in the universe seemed to know who you were and love you and I felt kind of bewildered, confused and mesmerized by it all, lol. By the time the Grammy's were on a month later I was on the rapid road to becoming yours forever" :wub:

You are probably gonna laugh at me but....I actually tape recorded that performance and I would listen to it on my Walkman.....:lmao:.......That tape was so worn out ,,I played it so much the tape broke...ohh...what memories......:lmao:

This video is too funny, regarding the AMA's... Watch. LMAO It might make your day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8u_CB0dqOw&feature=player_embedded

It had me in tears! And OMG he speaks THE TRUTH with such hilarity, though he does get pretty harsh towards the end. Still pretty funny.

Look in all honesty, and I don't like being mean or saying mean things. I always have to catch myself and clean it, but seriously... who is this Taylor Swift girl that took Artist of the Year award?????
I NEVER heard of her here in Los Angeles up until the Kanye incident (...thanks Kanye......). That's the ONLY reason why I know the name, Taylor Swift. How is it that she took such a trophy and many even twittered that they didn't even know who the heck she was or where she came from.

Now don't take my words out of context. I think shes cute, has a good singing voice and lots of talent in her own right and she seems really nice.

I'm simply wondering in truth, how someone who isn't a quarter popular than Michael, can win an Artist of the Year award over someone who TOPPED the charts again, literally outselling today's musicians. Was it because he had no new material?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

I will accept the fact that I am quite ignorant about Swift and her success.
So if someone can point me in the right direction and explain with facts why it's not crazy she won over Michael, it'd be much appreciated. lol...

*in godly voice with thunder and lightning* "NO ONE BEATS MICHAEL!!!!"

:doh:

I really didn't 'know-of' her either and I live in the states as well...till the VMA's
I can't put into words how let down I was when I heard them announce her name.. not blaming her,just I think..I know Michael should have won it!
He did get 4 awards and broke another record that night,but still that was the last time,right.for the AMA's Heartbroken.

This video is too funny, regarding the AMA's... Watch. LMAO It might make your day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8u_CB0dqOw&feature=player_embedded

This guy does make some very good points (though he's a little scary towards the end). I knew of Taylor Swift prior to the Kanye thing. I had seen a segment they had about her on Dateline or something. Apparently she writes her own songs and is very hands on in her career (making decisions about her concerts and such). That may be true but what I've heard of her vocals have not impressed me. There is just no depth to her singing. What I've heard sounds shrill and monotonous. She hosted Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago and was really good. There's talent there for maybe acting or something. She's a sweet girl but...

SHE IS NO MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

This is a man who performed on the ED SULLIVAN SHOW!!!

This is a man who has performed in sold out stadiums and arenas AROUND THE GLOBE!!!

This is a man who could actually DANCE AND SING INCREDIBLY - AT THE SAME TIME - SINCE CHILDHOOD!!!

This is a man who had number one records before the age of 12!!!

This is a man who managed to garner incredible record sales after his death.

And so on and so forth.

Oh man, I am worked up now. :wild:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back