X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

I absolutely cannot stand Danyl, he is a cocky, arrogant, man who relies on a large choir to help him "wow" the judges.

OMG! When Danyls second song started there, it sounded like The Lost Children. I was like YES! Then it turned out to be a crappy song I'd never heard before.... Boo-urns. I hope Danyl goes.

I didn't like any of the performances except Joe's. I thought he did a lovely rendition of "She's Out of My Life" and he's the only one on the show who, imo, can really sing. The rest of the performances were not worth watching and none of them, except Joe, have voices strong enough to sing Michael's songs.

I was perusing Twitter during the X Factor and I got a lot of retweets when I said 'Watching the X Factor shows the enormous gulf between Michael Jackson and everyone else.' The video montage was sweet, until the dates-I still cant take seeing the dates like that. What everyone seems to be on agreement with is just how amazing Michael is. You see people singing his songs and they just cant be done.

Okay it wasnt as good as I expected, MJ week and 4 songs?!! they should of done 2 each!
although I dont want him to win, i thought joe was the best. Danyl doing MITM was terrible imo and i think and stacey and olly were just okay... stacey to win! :)
looking forward to seeing janet tomorrow though!! :D:D

I wonder what John and Edward would have sang if they were still there? That would have been great fun to watch! I could see them singing something like Dangerous.

Yeh i thought jedward were great! :L I could imagine them singing black or white :p

I thought Danyl was brilliant. For the first time in my life I actually liked someone else's version of MITM. The guy's insanely talented.
I liked the She's Out Of My Life performance as well.

Last edited:
I thought Danyl was brilliant. For the first time in my life I actually liked someone else's version of MITM.
Yeah, I agree.

I love Danyl, Olly and Joe. I think they all did great tonight. Stacey was good too but... I hope she goes. I want one of the boys to win! :p

I'm so happy the X Factor finally recognised MJ. The montage was nice and it was sweet (can't believe I'm saying this about Simon, lol) what Simon said after it. I think Simon's VT in the MITM performance was nice too, like he was trying to carry on the message.

I liked Joe's performance and Stacey's was ok. I think Danyl can sing but he shouts a bit and I find him unconvincing.

Overall, it would have been good to see different takes on the songs. An acoustic or stripped down Smooth Criminal or Black or White could have been awesome!

I wonder what John and Edward would have sang if they were still there? That would have been great fun to watch! I could see them singing something like Dangerous.

probably thriller, they would bring out the red car, the wolf masks and everything. lol

oh btw i only liked Joe tonight. the others sounded wrong.
i wasnt looking forward to the MJ Tribute, cus i dont like hearing others sing Michaels songs, but joe was pretty good. but still cant beat our Mike! :D

I just feels so wrong to hear anyone other than Michael sing Man In The Mirror...

Aww, I was fine watching it but now I'm :cry:

Guys I was so disappointed in the whole thing.
I thought the video montage was so..amateur. Michael deserved so much more. He was the KING OF POP and a perfectionist and it wasn't up to his standards. Sure they showed all the hits..but where were the album sales? The awards? I mean this man was one of the most talented and successful entertainers ever. I just didn't think it was worthy of him at all!
When they have guests, and they've had guests of a much much much much lower calibre than Michael, we get this big video production of all their successes. Where was Michael's?
We got 1958 - 2009 and not even his name. WTF???????

And I think they had a cheek to call it "Michael Jackson Night" when we got four songs... Michael has such a catalogue.. The two songs should have been MJ.

Simon's words were nice though..

I thought Joe and Danyl were good..but She's Out Of My Life was SO predictable for Joe. He's limited regarding what he can do.

I hope the group number tomorrow is a Michael song..

OMG Dangerous would've been perfect! I was thinking Thriller or Beat It. I love those two and think they would've brought a lot of fun and energy to the show. I think Michael would've got a kick out of them. Plus they're big fans, always wearing MJ t-shirts and Edward says Thriller is his fave song.

I was perusing Twitter during the X Factor and I got a lot of retweets when I said 'Watching the X Factor shows the enormous gulf between Michael Jackson and everyone else.'.

EXACTLY what I thought. Obviously but yeah. A friend text me during it and I replied "All I can say is there's only one Michael Jackson.."

I hope the group number tomorrow is a Michael song..

EXACTLY what I thought. Obviously but yeah. A friend text me during it and I replied "All I can say is there's only one Michael Jackson.."

Me too. I am so sad. :cry:

Yeah, I hope the group song is MJ too.....but what could they do?

It was so obvious to me too; that the gulf between MJ and them is huge. I felt so happy they recognised him tonight, but when those dates popped up I burst into tears :cry:

I watched it today guys, and I'm kind of disappointed.

They could have at least dedicated the whole show to Michael and now I get the sense that they only did this tribute because Janet was performing so it would only be right to do one? Otherwise would they have done one? I'm not sure, could be wrong.

1. Dermot could have mentioned the first and only time he met Michael was at the o2 Announcement and could have talked about it abit. That would have been nice.

2. The montage was far too short, for other artists, they show all their acheivements. They showed none for MJ! I know everyones knows his acheivements, but could have included it because everyone would have got a chance to read it.

3. I wish ALL the judges said something, not just Simon. I'm sure their all fans of Michael.

I preferred last years MJ Night X Factor. Diane did a nice version of MITM and i loved JLS version of TWYMMF. Can't remember the others lol.

When Simon, said after the montage that, after watching that you can't believe he's not here anymore...that made me tearyeyed :cry:

Overall, disappointed BUT still liked the fact they did a tribute nonetheless :)

There will only be one Michael Jackson.

Yeah, I hope the group song is MJ too.....but what could they do?

Hmmm..
I Want You Back/I'll Be There/Beat It/Heal The World?

Beat It might be amazing actually! I would love BOTDF but they would never do it. Or imagine Will You Be There with a gospel choir...wow.
There would be tears from me!

I agree - JLS's version was tonnes better.
I disagree about Diana Vickers though. I HATED it. Horrendous.

Hmmm..
I Want You Back/I'll Be There/Beat It/Heal The World?

Beat It might be amazing actually! I would love BOTDF but they would never do it. Or imagine Will You Be There with a gospel choir...wow.
There would be tears from me!

Yes Beat It / IWYB would be good or maybe Black of White? WYBT would be awesome, but if the producers would probably pick a song with a quicker tempo...

I agree - JLS's version was tonnes better.
I disagree about Diana Vickers though. I HATED it. Horrendous.

really? I liked Diane Vickers tone of voice, was different. I think I mostly liked the dress she was wearing when she performed it though so maybe that's why I liked the performance :p

but, no one would sing it with as much passion as Michael.

When my family realised that Daryl was singing MITM, they were like yeyyyy good song! He opened his mouth and their faces just went to :mello:. Everyone just butchers his songs! But hopefully, his sales might increase.

really? I liked Diane Vickers tone of voice, was different. I think I mostly liked the dress she was wearing when she performed it though so maybe that's why I liked the performance :p

but, no one would sing it with as much passion as Michael.

When my family realised that Daryl was singing MITM, they were like yeyyyy good song! He opened his mouth and their faces just went to :mello:. Everyone just butchers his songs! But hopefully, his sales might increase.

lmfao "He opened his mouth and their faces just went to :mello:" hahaha!
I didn't like Diana at all. The way she sang just irritated me no end. She didn't even sing. She took pauses all over the place! :lol:

Please, I'd like to see the video montage. I didn't find it.

lmfao "He opened his mouth and their faces just went to :mello:" hahaha!
I didn't like Diana at all. The way she sang just irritated me no end. She didn't even sing. She took pauses all over the place! :lol:

lol i think my brother walked out of my room. Oh yeah, the thing that annoyed me about Diana the most, was her weird hand movements, was like she was having spasms with her hands as soon as she started singing :mello:

I was sat there watching the program thinking Is This It?? Your doing a Tribute to the Legend of Music, the King of Pop and all you can come up with is a 30 sec montage that you could get from Youtube, (and even then there's better things on Youtube!) and 4 average singers singing Legendary songs :mello:

But oh well, at least they tried :lol:

Back