X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

This is on tomorrow night guys :) looking forward to it.. Janet will be on Sunday.

I'm glad x factor decided to do this, it was the right thing to do.

I really want to see this. Too bad I don't live in the UK though, so I can't. Hopefully, it will be up on youtube soon after.

:cry: I wish it was Michael who were due to be performing.

I'm quite excited, only because I'm hoping that Danyl sings Earth Song. :) He'd be so good! Apparently Oly's singing Thriller?

I'm looking forward to this. I can't wait to find out who's singing what. :)

I don't believe Michael would have associated himself with this crap, he never liked doing TV and this show is the worst TV there is.

I don't believe Michael would have associated himself with this crap, he never liked doing TV and this show is the worst TV there is.

To be honest, look what they are doing with his song You Are Not Alone? Helping a children's hospital get millions on charity donations. Michael would be overjoyed with that, not to mention, maybe some more young people will get into Michael's music with this show :)

Let's keep positive :)

To be honest, look what they are doing with his song You Are Not Alone? Helping a children's hospital get millions on charity donations. Michael would be overjoyed with that, not to mention, maybe some more young people will get into Michael's music with this show :)

Let's keep positive :)

That is true and i am glad they are raising money for a charity but did they really have to ruin a Michael song to do it, it didn't matter what song they done, the fact that it is X factor means it will be a number one which doesn't say much about the consumers. It is good that more people will hear his song but sadly i reckon a lot of the young people will probably think one of the fools singing it wrote it. It really is lowest common denominator TV and i don't believe Mike would have taken part.

They are going to destroy his songs... I hate this show with a passion!!

They are going to destroy his songs... I hate this show with a passion!!

Here Here, at this stage it's hard to go a weekend with out hearing about it. I have to go to work now with a bunch of middle aged women and they just won't shut up about it.

OMG!!!!!!! Simon has been in talks to have Michael perform!!!!!!!!

Conrad Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OMG!!!!!!! Simon has been in talks to have Michael perform!!!!!!!!

Conrad Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Michael wouldn't have done it, he has more respect plus he hates doing TV, he stressed that in Moonwalker.

Can't wait to see Janet... tomorrow?

Glad that X Factor are doing this, it wouldn't be right for a hugely popular pop music show to ignore The King of Pop. I would have been angry if they did and I'm sure a lot of people on here would have been unhappy.

They didn't 'ruin' You Are Not Alone, and it got to number one raising loads of money for children. BBC Children in Need also used Can You Feel It as part of their charity song and that got to number one too. I think Michael would be pleased with all the good that will come of that.

It doesn't matter if they sing his songs bad.. that just shows how good he is. Its positive they are acknowledging him. They have HUUUGEEE viewing numbers and a lot are kids who watch it so I think this is positive.

Peter Pan is on ITV right now :D I've seen it on various channels loads since..

Last edited:
I'm going to be watching it and don't worry non UKers-its always on YouTube really quickly. None of the song choices have been released yet so its wait and see. I really hope they do a nice tribute video package for MJ and talk about how wonderful he is-not just have them sing his songs.

Right Songs choices revealed!
MICHAEL JACKSON WEEK
Stacey
The Way You Make Me Feel
Download from iTunes | Buy it from Amazon
ir
| Download from Play.com
Joe
She's Out Of My Life
ir
| Download from Play.com
Danyl
Man In The Mirror
ir
| Download from Play.com
Olly
Can You Feel It
ir
| Download from Play.com

They will only be performing one song by Michael... the other will be a song to get them in the final

They also all visited the O2 and the exibition which i'm sure will be shown tonight!

With the final show just round the corner, the X Factor's remaining contestants took time out from rehearsals to visit the Michael Jackson exhibition at London's O2 arena.
Danyl Johnson, 27, Olly Murs, 25, Joe McElderry, 18, and Stacey Solomon, 20, left the house they're sharing to spend an evening at the museum and fun fair.

article-0-07781509000005DC-666_468x720.jpg

article-0-07781630000005DC-576_468x286.jpg

SNN0503Z_682_942599a.jpg

How come they get to take pictures?! :mello:

Really cba with listening to the same songs being done that contestants usually do. I wanna see Is It Scary, Off the Wall, You Rock My World and Who Is It. Songs like that, not MITM, Billie Jean, You Are Not Alone and the usuals.

The songs have to appeal to the general millions of the audience viewers at home - they will never use songs like 'Is It Scary' unless its used in some kind of mix?... we have to make do with what we have...

Cool. I'm looking forward to this.

The songs have to appeal to the general millions of the audience viewers at home - they will never use songs like 'Is It Scary' unless its used in some kind of mix?... we have to make do with what we have...

The songs dont have to appeal to the millions, its the performance of the contestant that has to appeal on the X Factor, is it not?

Yes but to do performances of random Michael Jackson songs that the 'general audience' won't know will not get them votes - they have to do the songs people know.

OMG I was just thinking if Michael was going to mentor the contestants, he would have been performing on the show too :( I'm depressed now

Last edited:
Im excited now :D theres loads of mj and janet songs on the music channels, especially Q they're playing mj allllll weekend :)

They played a video tribute and Simon took a minute to say a nice word, about how its so hard to believe Michael is no longer with us...

i can tell from this just how hard it is for an artist to cover a mj song..only GREAT artist's can do them justice..speaks volumes for the sogs mj did and performed...this olly guy just not got the power, emotion or depth for this song..psssh

Back