X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

Re: RUMOUR : X Factor Semi Final - Michael Jackson Tribute

HORROR......

It least get professional singers to sing Michael's songs instead of these amateurs who are in it for 5 minutes of fame.

Looks like its all been confirmed now and they will appear on Sunday 6th December... JJ will perform 'Make Me' I believe!

Janet is indeed performing and there are rumours flying that an MJ tribute will take place or the contestants will sing MJ songs. We'll just have to wait until next week.

I love Janet and Lady Gaga!!!

I can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing Janet perform next Sunday :) some real talent on show! ;) I hope that Lloyd will be out this week - he's ok, got a sweet voice, but is often off-key and so nervous! x

Surely X Factor will honour MJ at some point in the series. They haven't mentioned MJ once during this series and if any UK show should give MJ props it should be X Factor, and I think the public expect something to happen. It'll be a big disappointment if they don't do anything at all.

Looking forward to seeing Janet perform next Sunday :) some real talent on show! ;) I hope that Lloyd will be out this week - he's ok, got a sweet voice, but is often off-key and so nervous! x

i totally agree, Lloyd has to go this week...:rolleyes:

Surely X Factor will honour MJ at some point in the series. They haven't mentioned MJ once during this series and if any UK show should give MJ props it should be X Factor, and I think the public expect something to happen. It'll be a big disappointment if they don't do anything at all.

Strictly Come Dancing did a small tribute to Michael but it wasn't advertised. I'm shocked X Factor hasn't said anything-I cant see them not mentioning anything next week with Janet being there.

Don't mention Janet being apart of any MJ Tribute, 'cause some of her fans would totally start trippin'!LOL

I can't wait! :wild:

Dermot confirmed on the Results show that JJ and Lady GaGa will perform next Sunday, but there was no word of it being an MJ theme week...

why are they not saying anything, if it was a Michael theme, they would get their biggest ratings no doubt. it should be advertised!

I have a feeling X Factor are going to ignore MJ's passing.

Surely Janet will want to promote her new single and will possibly perform a medley of her own songs to promote the hits album she just released, so I don't think she'll be paying tribute to Mike, except for the possibility of wearing an MJ style hat or glove. If they X Factor haven't mentioned Mike's death so far then I doubt they will now because there's only a few weeks left.

They may think that there has been enough coverage and enough tributes since June, but this is the biggest music show in the UK and to completely ignore MJ's death would be disgusting.

It would be disgusting to not mention MJ but I'd have a guess that if it didn't happen Simon Cowell doesn't want attention diverted from the X Factor acts. Apparently Simon Cowell's brother said on the radio it would be MJ week but it could change.

All been confirmed - they will each perform one song by Michael this week and will be mentored by Janet as Simon had booked for Michael to come on the show this year! :(

All been confirmed - they will each perform one song by Michael this week and will be mentored by Janet as Simon had booked for Michael to come on the show this year! :(

:bugeyed :weeping:

I'm guessing Simon would have booked him for the final... to trump the Beyonce appearance last year.... the only way to top that would have been to have Michael on.

I know they have tried for the past couple of years to get him on and I think this year they would have suceeded - especially with the 02 residency.
He could have met up with Dermot O Leary again!

Michael was going to be performing on the X Factor? God, he really would have shown everyone 'guys, this is how its done.'

who's gonna be singing what then?
my guesses...
Olly - Beat It
Danyl - Rock With You
Joe - She's Out Of My Life
Stacy - Man In The Mirror

Omg! :( That has made me really sad, it would have been incredible if Michael was on the X Factor, he would have blown everyone away as usual. Would have been great seeing him mentor aswell, urrggh this is horrible, even more sad now. Its great Janets gonna be there though & that its an MJ themed week. It would be wrong if it wasn't!

very excited to see this episode of the show !!!
:D

I personally would have loved to see mj just get a stool..have a guitarist on another chair and just sing a raw song that way..Like those mtv unplugged shows..I always thought that he should have done a show like that or at least a song in every concert this way..Would have surprised people, made im connect in a different way and given him time to rest if he just did a big number in a concert...But just imagine mj sitting on a stool singing live like that with a guitar or piano...wow....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDMMwaMCa8&feature=related

look at beginning music..THIS IS WHAT THEY PLAY TO INTRODUCE OTHER ARTISTS..omg it was made for mj..this is his intro music...damn...so sad it was not be because this music suits his clips better than anyone out there...

It should be law!!! lol. although... i dont really want to see any of the acts perform a mj song cos they just gona ruin em haha

It should be law!!! lol. although... i dont really want to see any of the acts perform a mj song cos they just gona ruin em haha

Diana Vickers version last year of man in the mirror was very good :O)

Simon's theory that Mj would have performed is misguided..can you really see MJ doing it after having said no for so many years. He was all about mystery; he knew how to minimise the exposure to his advantage. Providing that he would have been performing in London, I don't see him going on a show like this. Plus, MJ always wanted to be first at everything. He wouldn't have seen anything fascinating about the prospect of performing on the show after almost every other major star had already done so.

Of course, I understand this is just my opinion and may be completely wrong!

Ah im excited now, should be good ! :D saw pics of janet arriving in london today :)

i dont really want to see any of the acts perform a mj song cos they just gona ruin em haha

Yeh I agree, its good in a way that they're doing a tribute,
but then I hate it when others cover mj songs ahh!

I personally would have loved to see mj just get a stool..have a guitarist on another chair and just sing a raw song that way..Like those mtv unplugged shows..I always thought that he should have done a show like that or at least a song in every concert this way..Would have surprised people, made im connect in a different way and given him time to rest if he just did a big number in a concert...But just imagine mj sitting on a stool singing live like that with a guitar or piano...wow....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnDMMwaMCa8&feature=related

look at beginning music..THIS IS WHAT THEY PLAY TO INTRODUCE OTHER ARTISTS..omg it was made for mj..this is his intro music...damn...so sad it was not be because this music suits his clips better than anyone out there...

Michael Jackson and Carlos Santana in whatever happens, it would have been a dream for me.I´m sure I had enjoyed a whole concert with those men and Michael shouldn´t need to dance at all.They shouldn´t need any spectacular background o things on the stage, just two men a guitar and chairs.

Michael Jackson and Carlos Santana in whatever happens, it would have been a dream for me.I´m sure I had enjoyed a whole concert with those men and Michael shouldn´t need to dance at all.They shouldn´t need any spectacular background o things on the stage, just two men a guitar and chairs.

Michael used to do that a lot in the 70's...

Trust me, Michael doesn't need to dance to captivate his audience... He was spell binding.... just singing the song with all his heart and soul.

wow hopfully these guys dont murder the tracks lke the last attepts did - only reason i watch xfactor lol

Back