When I was born, MJ was... (merged)

Re: When I was born, MJ was...

June 4th 1990. I read somewhere that he was in the hospital on June 3rd for an injury in NY. I was born in NY as well :)

Ooooh, I know this one! I looked it up a while ago, haha. :blush:

I was born on January 1988. and in January, MAN IN THE MIRROR was released...:) *One of My favorite Songs*

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Yep. On the day I was born - 01.09.88 =D

Mjmitm.jpg

Further, He was in between the first and second leg of the Bad Tour, relaxing in Hawaii, courtesy of his Tour Sponsor - Pepsi, at the Kahala Hilton Hotel, along with fellow Pepsi kid Jimmy Safechuck. :yes:

3678966687_3871627c55.jpg

More: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-light/sets/72157594230532069/

December 1994 :D Recording one of my fav albums: HIStory :woohoo:

April 9, 1992.
From one of the MJ books, I was born after a week or so of the release of "In The Closet" short film. One of the best short films to say, yeah, I was born right after that....
:p

oh gotta add a pics, just because...it's In the Closet!

inthecloset3.jpg

inthecloset2.jpg

As an Aries, I'm very happy that the fiery Aries goes with the release of this short film.

I loved this thread and is moving fast. lol! Well, I was born in 1981 and believe that Michael was already preparing Thriller.

I´m born that year too. I think he was on the Triumph Tour performing with the Jacksons and probably also started planning for the Thriller album. :yes:

March 1, 1988 - Michael poses at Pepsi Cola public relations event for the Radio City Music Hall Grammy Awards.

w0rfhy.jpg

:)

I was born in 22 of february 1995.Michael's HIStory era was just beggining.
036.jpg

wow I just found out MJ was on tour in Japan when i was born (11 dec 1988) according to wiki:
2127kbd.jpg

Anyone happen to have any concert footage of this time lol???

Jackie xxxxxxx :)

March 3rd 1973.....

1973 The Jackson 5 World Tour March 1973 – February 1975 (Worldwide)
Exact number unknown
The quintet's first world tour was undertaken in two years, during which the brothers visited Japan, Hawaii, the United Kingdom, South America, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines and the West Indies.[4]

Skywriter was the sixth official studio album by The Jackson 5, released in March 1973. Lead singer Michael's vocals were now showing the signs of his maturing tenor voice, while Jermaine's voice had gotten much deeper in tone. Notably, one of Skywriter's songs, "Touch" (originally recorded by the Supremes in 1971), features Michael and Jermaine singing about satisfying a woman in bed. As such, "Touch" was one of the most controversial singles Michael sung on until his solo career took off again in the 1980s.

I was born in 1983 just as thriller took off.....it would be awhile before I became a fan....LOL...

August 1970. Michael would have been in the middle of his run of #1 singles as part of the Jackson 5!

I was born on April 21 in the Year of the Moonwalk, 1983.

4 weeks after this performance:

013.jpg

The year I was born Michael became a member of the Jackson 5 along with his brothers Tito, Jackie, Jermaine, and Marlon. One of their first playing gigs was at a place called Mr. Lucky's ... :mello:

Born in 1982, and i'll be happy forever with that...that was a awesome time to be born. To see MJ on tv practically all the time, MTV (when it wasn't Moron Tv yet) showing those great MJ weekends full of videos and footage of the Bad tour. August 12th, 1982 i was born. And pretty soon i became a huge fan of MJ, and i can remember seeing Thriller for the first time and being scared as hell when watching it, so awesome.

Wait...i am kinda mixing the years up. I didn't see the Bad tour footage when i was just born...probably around the time that i could talk and say a few words...i think that's when i saw the MJ MTV weekends :)

When I was born Michael was still part of the Jackson 5, and just a few days before my birth in November he and his brothers had just finished wrapping up a tour of the Far East with concerts that included Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and the Phillippines.

Michael himself was just 16 at the time! Sweet Sixteen the year I was born!

So basically to me I was born at the just right time to experience as a child the sensation that would be Michael Jackson in all it's glory. I was a child of the 80's, loved every minute of it, and Michael and all that went on with him in that magical time was the biggest part of it. From Thriller, to the Moonwalk, to the Grammy's, to the one glove and to We Are The World, I got to experience it all and right in the thick of it.

I was too young to remember Off The Wall when it came out, and the Jackson 5 too, but like I said I was 8-9 when Michael hit like gang busters and never looked back. I do consider myself to lucky to have been alive at that time, to have experienced a true superstar like Michael Jackson and be able to remember all of it.

And this is even what he looked like then....as well as Randy and Janet too :)

a898a8e836ed4bce71df98a765940af1.jpg

Last edited:

Born in 1985.. the same year as WE ARE THE WORLD! ;)

Riiiiiight. *slaps self upside the head* How did I forget that???

I was born in August 1987...that year MJ was to release his epic "BAD" album and enter into what I think was his hottest, most PHYSCIALLY beautiful era ever...

Awsome thread btw...

034.jpg

Born in 1982, and i'll be happy forever with that...that was a awesome time to be born. To see MJ on tv practically all the time, MTV (when it wasn't Moron Tv yet) showing those great MJ weekends full of videos and footage of the Bad tour. August 12th, 1982 i was born. And pretty soon i became a huge fan of MJ, and i can remember seeing Thriller for the first time and being scared as hell when watching it, so awesome.

Wait...i am kinda mixing the years up. I didn't see the Bad tour footage when i was just born...probably around the time that i could talk and say a few words...i think that's when i saw the MJ MTV weekends :)

sounds like my childhood...I was born in 1982 too! :cheeky:

Back