When I was born, MJ was... (merged)

Re: When I was born, MJ was...

I was born in June 1983. Don't know what Michael was doing, but I know the Thriller album was doing really well back then :D

According to allmichaeljackson.com
"In June 1983 Michael fired his management. “Beat It” and “Billie Jean” still remained at the top of the charts and Michael took more care and more control in his business affairs."

A couple days after my birth Michael received Black Radio Exclusive's "Artist of the Year" award.
007.jpg

July 1, 1983 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Los Angeles, Ca

^ He's so cute, I wish I could see his eyes though..:wub:

29th November 1994, Michael had married Lisa Marie Presley in May and the child abuse allegations came, Michael and Lisa Marie Presley made their first television appearance together at the MTV Movie Awards, where Michael collected an award for “Will You Be There”. Michael was soon back in the studio during 1994 to create HIStory.

Last edited:

When i was born, back in 1976, Michael and his brother (without Jermaine) were leaving Motown and signed up with Epic...

I was born in April 1987 so he was recording the BAD album. My fav MJ album too. :D

December 12, 1994, around half a year before HIStory was released.

18th August 1988 - During the BAD Tour :D

December 12, 1994, around half a year before HIStory was released.

YAY I found someone younger than me :lol:(by 13 days :p) he also married Lisa Marie Presley and the first allegations came and HIStory recording started in that year :)

What was MJ doing when you were born? (It goes without saying that this thread is not for those born before August 29th 1958 or June 25th 2009).

I'm 14-and-a-half,

Wow. I would have never thought you were 14.

Um I was born 13th August 1988 when Michael was BAD :cheeky:
According to Wikipedia Michael was in France on tour, having a day off from performing :D He performed on the next night the 14th in Montpellier.

in 1963 i guess mike just started singing with his brothers doing talent shows and what not.:):)

i was born on 1983 :yes: i was the 80's gril :lol: i just born :giggle:

what happen on that day MJ billie Jean video was out & the motown 25 was on t.v that's when he did the moonwalk :jump: :clap:

i was born on 12 october 1984 and at that day, michael was touring for victory tour at Comiskey Park - Chicago, Illinois with 40,000 attendees.

YAY! i'm very happy to find that michael was doing something that he loves so much, performing in front of large crowds, on the day i was born! :)

I was born on May 3rd 1968:

In May 1968, The Jackson 5 were invited back to the Apollo, this time for a paid performance. They were also invited back to the Regal in July. While in Chicago, they opened for Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers at the High Chaparral Club. Taylor was so impressed by the group that he phoned Motown’s creative department to suggest that The Jackson 5 be allowed to audition for Motown. Artists and executives at Motown had heard through word of mouth that The Jackson 5 were an up and coming group, and while concerns were raised about their ages, the excitement the group generated could not be denied. Ralph Seltzer of Motown’s creative department asked Bobby Taylor to bring them in for an audition in Detroit.
On the 23rd of July, 1968, The Jackson 5 auditioned for Motown. Although the record company’s president, Berry Gordy, was not present, several members of Motown’s creative department were there to witness and video tape the audition for Gordy. After performing an impressive set with “I Got the Feeling” and “Who’s Lovin’ You”, the audition tape was sent to Gordy, who decided to sign the group immediately.
On the 26h of July, 1968, The Jackson 5 were officially signed to Motown Records. Michael Jackson was just 9 years old.

1959...MJ was just getting started in his music carreer,,,,,what a thrill to wartch him growm into the musica legend he is!

November 1985, so Michael was in between Thriller and Bad.

Other than that, I got nothing. :coffee:

Last edited:

Great thread!

I was born Dec 4th 1984. 3 days before that...Michael was doing opening night of the Victory Tour at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. So he was about 600 miles from me. hehe. This pic was taken exactly then :D
I guess you mean near closing night ;) The Victory Tour was from July to Dec 1984. Cool that he was somewhere near for you as well. Silly that it's cool, but it is :lol:. Hehe. I also read that the J5 did shows in my old state while I was still a bun(ny) in the oven, so I had Michael somewhere near several times before and then while I was being born :D

I was born 6th January 1994.

What happened? I've no idea!

I was born in August 1987...that year MJ was to release his epic "BAD" album and enter into what I think was his hottest, most PHYSCIALLY beautiful era ever...

Awsome thread btw...

I was born in October, 1989 and in that month Michael did the goooorgeous photoshoot with Annie Leibovitz. :wub:
It was this photoshoot, funny 'cuz I was searching for more HQ pics of this photoshoot just a few weeks ago:

michael-jackson-0909-01.jpg

On October 11, 1989, 9 days before I was born, Gardner Street School in LA, California renamed their school auditorium "Michael Jackson Auditorium" in honor of Michael Jackson who had once attended that school for a short time when the Jackson family moved to LA.

As far as the charitable work for October, 1989:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael Jackson presents a check in the amount of $125,000 to Esther Edwards and Berry Gordy for the maintenance and upkeep of Hittsville, USA, Motown's Museum in Detroit, Michigan. He also contributed a black fedora, a white beaded glove and costume from the Motown Era for display.

[/FONT]
0000282657-012.jpg

(Alongside of that...Janet released her Rhythm Nation 1814 album in October, 1989.)

Not much cool facts further...:(

Last edited:

October '91 - Michael had just finished recording Dangerous :)

I'm 19, born September 23rd 1990. Michael wrote a little song for a T.V. show that's become the most successful animated show in HIStory! :p

DotheBartman.png

I was born September 29th 1991.
He was probably in recording sessions for the Dangerous album that day.

30 years old, I was born Dec 1988. Dunno what he was doing though, probably touring his bad self n doing his sexy dirty diana live haha xxx

October '91 - Michael had just finished recording Dangerous :)

Hey, we're born in the same year and same month...

Alright... :pleased: :clap:

I absolutely love Dangerous too....

Born in 1985.. the same year as WE ARE THE WORLD! ;)

Back