When I was born, MJ was... (merged)

Re: When I was born, MJ was...

October 1, 1992 the day I was born, Michael was visiting Bucharest, Romania and visited an orphanage. :)

25an8jp.jpg

hmmmm.. I miss him :(

i was bron on june 7 1983 the year thriller was out

Actually Thriller was released in 1982.

I was born November 2nd, 1978...so I'm assuming MJ was probably gearing up for The Wiz

The year I was born people were listening to the newly released Jackson 5 Christmas Album. (1970)

when the masterpiece thriller was released

Last edited:

~The Jacksons Era - - Michael Jackson goes Solo. Michael & his brothers were wrapping up a two and a half week tour in Europe during May-June 1977.
The song 'Enjoy Yourself' was in the top of the US Charts & The Jacksons first Top 10 after leaving Motown.
The Jacksons second CBS Album 'Going Places' was released in October 1977.
Michael was to do his first debut film 'The Wiz' when he moved to New York City in late 1977. Where he teamed up with Quincey Jones and later began the first of his work on his upcoming solo album to be titled 'Off The Wall' which didn't release untill 1979,two years after I was born.

image-3-for-the-changing-faces-of-michael-jackson-gallery-456342718.jpg

I was born in June 1977.
:wub:

Last edited:

I loved this thread and is moving fast. lol! Well, I was born in 1981 and believe that Michael was already preparing Thriller.

Update: Or at least that's according to one website (http://www.jackson5abc.com/dossiers/concerts). Another has totally different tour dates listed for 1972. Agh! Come on now, don't crush my moment of joy. Ok, found my date on other sites too, so I think it's true :)
05/09/1974 - 01/10/1974 South American Tour Panama, Venezuela, Brazil :wild: :wild: :wild: >>> This was the first time that Michael was in Brazil. :wub:

Off topic...

And here's the video of their presentation to an Brazilian TV show in 1974. Memorable. :wild: :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzqVD_G5nLc

And just to remember when Michael was in Brazil in 1996:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ_jreINpD8 :wild: :wub:

Thriller was released in 1983.

I was born in October 1969. J5's first single on Motown "I Want You Back" was released the week before I was born.

When I was born (9-12-63), MJ was 5 years old...

Autumn 1963 - Michael starts Kindergarten at Garnett Elementary School in Gary, India and, at the age of five, participates in a school pageant, singing an a cappella version of 'Climb Every Mountain' taken from the film The Sound of Music.

His emotional delivery brings his teacher and his mother to tears. This is Michael's first public performance.

Shortly afterwards, Michael takes over from Jermaine as lead vocalist in the group.

Pretty amazing...

So great, another thread to make me feel old, lol. Good one though. :)

**Source: Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary 1958-2009 (The Tribute Edition)

Michael+Jackson+baby+boy+Michael.jpg

Last edited:

Thriller was released in 1983.

Sorry but it wasn't. The video might have been released in '83, but the album was released on November 30th, 1982:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(album)

Also if you look on the liner notes of the Thriller Special release, it'll say when the original date of release was, along with the Special edition date too. :)

I was born Juky 4th 1967...Michael was only 8years old..

this is what I found out about what Michael was doing around that time....

By 1967 they had become the Jackson Five! Later that year, the young brothers caught the attention of Steetltown Records President Ben Brown, who says " When I saw Michael performing as a dancer, doing precision stops and grabbing the mic while coming out of the spin, like his idol, Jackie Wilson, I knew it was not just a recording group, but an act of incredible potential. He was particularly impressed with Michael's "clarity, diction, range and expression". Joe Jackson signed a six-month recording contract with Steeltown on behalf of his ons and production began immediately in November, 1967, with Brown and Gordon Keith at the helm. Brown noticed the youngsters, especially Michael, took a great interest in all aspects of the recording process. They recorded weekends only at Bud Pressner's studio in gary, while attending school during the week.

August 8, 1987, I just can't stop loving you is released just one week before the Bad Album. I got to experience half of his amazing life and career. That song is truly fitting for a fan too. Even though the Dangerous and history eras stick out most in my mind. That was my childhood and the glory days of MTV were in their last throws.

When I was born, Michael was in the middle of being (falsely) charged and accused of child molestation. :( And becoming engaged to Lisa Marie. I was born in Nov. '93. He was also finishing up the Third Leg of the Dangerous Tour at that time. I think it ended two or three days after I was born actually.

Last edited:

I was born on November 17th, 1991. Three days after the "Black or White" video premiered, and nine days before "Dangerous" was released.

Well, I was born in May of 1989, Michael had just ended the BAD tour in January. So I assume he was recollecting himself, thinking of new music, and making random appearances. :)

November 30, 1988. Not quite sure what MJ was up to..I guess he was still on the BAD Tour somewhere...

I was born on April 21st 1986 so Michael was 27 years old and working on Captain EO.

April 1979.Michael was just about to blow up big time.I missed the hysteria around Thriller to an extent but I remember my Dad (big Motown fan) giving me the tape to Motown 25.I near wore it out trying to figure out how he done the moonwalk.I was convinced it was special plates on the floor!
Just thinking about that takes me back.I used to listen Thriller to get to sleep on a stereo that was about the size of a modern car!
My uncle had the Destiny EP (think it's still kicking about somewhere),the one with Michael with a wonky afro on the cover, and he gave me it as I was MJ daft.Near wore the needle out on that too ha ha ha.

Great days.

Sort of grew up with Michael.Miss the guy.

Im from 1976, the year when Michael left motown.

He had just released Bad :imbad:

When I was born Michael was still with his brothers. He was 21 when I was born on January 4th 1980. So I really don't know what he was doing then. Except that I do know in that year Michael had won 3 awards at the American Music Awards. That's what Wikipedia saids. I just wish I could have seen that. And I was just few months or so old when he did that 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Land. I have that on tape from when the Disney Channel had showed it. It was so very cute seeing Michael singing and dancing with the Disney characters.

march 14th 1964....

This year The Jackson Brothers were just forming with Jermain, Tito, Jackie and two local lads. By 1965 Michael had joined them and they did their first public performance at Roosevelt High School, Micheal played the bongos with Jermaine as lead.....The rest is HIStory xx

When I was born (9-12-63), MJ was 5 years old...

Autumn 1963 - Michael starts Kindergarten at Garnett Elementary School in Gary, India and, at the age of five, participates in a school pageant, singing an a cappella version of 'Climb Every Mountain' taken from the film The Sound of Music.

His emotional delivery brings his teacher and his mother to tears. This is Michael's first public performance.

Shortly afterwards, Michael takes over from Jermaine as lead vocalist in the group.

Pretty amazing...

So great, another thread to make me feel old, lol. Good one though. :)

**Source: Michael Jackson: A Visual Documentary 1958-2009 (The Tribute Edition)

Michael+Jackson+baby+boy+Michael.jpg

I'm with you on the feeling old hun x

That's the way me as a 8 year old saw Michael on tv and thought: wow, that must be the coolest guy EVER!

I was born in 1976 when he was doing the variety shows with his brothers:D

I was born on october 20, 1980. He has released his first solo album the year before. And in 1980 he won 3 American Music Awards and a Grammy for best R&B performance.

Back