Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 CD 2 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion

You have EXCELLENT TASTE!!!! :punk:

Thank you ;)
I'm so HOOKED right now to the DEMO CD too... Right now, it's on REPEAT :bow:

It has really put the spark in me again and I'm learning the 'lyrics' and the 'melody' now by heart :tease:

I got that old feeling back of some songs HIT me right away like "Al capone", "FREE", "abortion papers" and 'don't be messin' around" ... then other has to grow on me like " I'm so blue" and "Price of fame"

With 'growing on me' I mean... When I first heard "I'm so blue" it made :cry: and now I just singalong...
When I heard "price of fame", It hurt me too as I remembered how Michael 'suffered' through that fame... Sometimes, the truth hurts hey...

Yet, they are all "pearls" and I'm so :bow: that the MJ Estate 'granted' us those demos...

I hear you on that D! I really must listen to them more but I always get sidetracked by the other demos first :p lol

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs and DVD Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

Notice how his singing changes after that to live vocals
I did notice. But didnt really realize what was happening. Know what I mean?
I just wondered why the audience went wild at that point. Now I know. Lol! Thanks Galactus.

Thank you ;)

I hear you on that D! I really must listen to them more but I always get sidetracked by the other demos first :p lol

I'm also HOOKED to the NERO mix of Speed Demon :punk: That's one awesome mix to start your day with but it's rather simple Thrillerchild... Just press PLAY on your sound system and you'll hear the DEMOS FIRST :cheeky:

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs and DVD Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

I watch and listen to it every day. It's also on my MP3 player and I listen to it every morning going to work. It puts me in a good mood.

I'm gonna buy the standalone DVD too.

Every little bit of unreleased music used to be Thrilling for me. I remember Monkey Business, She Got It, Work That Body, For All Time, Dangerous Demo, Serious Effect, Escape when they got leaked. Those songs meant so much to me. Even when The Ultimate Collection was released with tons of rare stuff, it was almost as exciting as experiencing a brand new album from Michael Jackson. But things have changed this time around. Either I'm too old (close to 30) or I've been into a lot of other great artists recently (Eagles, Zeppelin, Queen etc) I'm just not feeling it enough for this release. I've tried to make it special by pushing myself to open the package only on Birthday. I've heard 3 of the new songs (Price of Fame, Abortion Papers, Al Capone) and they're nice, but I'm not playing them as much I'd want to. Whatever, Michael still always be my #1 favorite artist and his 6 solo albums will be the most precious to me

Every little bit of unreleased music used to be Thrilling for me. I remember Monkey Business, She Got It, Work That Body, For All Time, Dangerous Demo, Serious Effect, Escape when they got leaked. Those songs meant so much to me. Even when The Ultimate Collection was released with tons of rare stuff, it was almost as exciting as experiencing a brand new album from Michael Jackson. But things have changed this time around. Either I'm too old (close to 30) or I've been into a lot of other great artists recently (Eagles, Zeppelin, Queen etc) I'm just not feeling it enough for this release. I've tried to make it special by pushing myself to open the package only on Birthday. I've heard 3 of the new songs (Price of Fame, Abortion Papers, Al Capone) and they're nice, but I'm not playing them as much I'd want to. Whatever, Michael still always be my #1 favorite artist and his 6 solo albums will be the most precious to me
I'm in the same boat as you. I just turned 30 four days ago and it seems that I don't get as excited as I used to for new MJ material. I honestly think as I've got older the excitement has went down. I still remember going to the store back in the day to purchase HIStory, BOTDF, Invincible, and even Number Ones on their release days. I can probably say I was more excited for Number Ones with just one new song on it than I was for Bad 25. Some of that probably has to do with MJ not being here any more, but I think it mainly is just a result of getting older and having different priorities as you get older. But of course, MJ will always be number 1.

Only songs I listen to are I'm So Blue, PoF, AC, SD remix...

I'm glad to have the other ones but they lack something that makes me want to listen to them (at all)...

mmmm I'm way over 30 and I have to say I am as excited about this one as I was about my original BAD album in 87. Of course it is different since he is not here and they are demos, BUT all the songs blow me away and the Nero mix and BAD remix are GREAT too, and I'm not a remix fan. I just looove POF, AP, I'm so Blue the most, but can't get enough of Free and AC either.
I really don't think it is an age thing at all. Maybe it is the fact that Michael is not here. IDK, it is a shame you can't enjoy it like most of us can.

I just got my Bad 25 and I've been listening to the demos on repeat. My Favs right now are Don't Be Messing Around, I'm so Blue, and Free. I think I'm into the ones that are slower because it's night time, so his voice is really soothing to me right now. (And Mike knows how to do a slow groove.) In the morning I'll probably be banging that Al Capone and Price of Fame.

I really love CD two, My Favs are I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers, Price of Fame (Always wanted to hear this One) and Al Capone (Always wanted to hear this One). I like the other songs and still say Street Walker is the Best Bad Outtake and would of made for a wicked single/video back in the day.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

i watched the concert for the second time michael was/is untouchable, i miss michael so much. on the 15th michael did TWYMMF and it is much better quality than the concert on the 16th. how can that be.
Because TWYMMF was from U-Matic tape...DVD was from VHS. U-Matic>VHS

Hi Mikey82james :)

Our choices are nearly the same. 'Cept I'm not all that crazy about AP.
ISB is on the top of my list of faves from the 2nd CD.
And like you, I really like the others too.

BAD 25 Remastered vs. older ones?

Anyone noticed new one has little bit distortion? Sounds not good for me. Special Edition is more better. No dynamic range with new one... Loudness wars..

Let Me show from Smooth Criminal

2nd press, Special Edition, BAD 25

I loved the DVD of course, but I was watching MITM from Moonwalker again, and it's just amazing how record in film and a top editing job with the crowd, many angles, makes the show so much better and emotional...

We simply can't lose hope that one day other show of BAD Tour will be released like this performance from Moonwalker no matters how long take it :/

i buy the black box with this !! :big_boss:

Re: BAD 25 Remastered vs. older ones?

Anyone noticed new one has little bit distortion? Sounds not good for me. Special Edition is more better. No dynamic range with new one... Loudness wars..

Let Me show from Smooth Criminal

2nd press, Special Edition, BAD 25

Hello thank god I'm not the only one that thought bad 25s remaster was distorted i posted this concern in the message box and someone posted back and said oh its fine on my end but its defiantly distorted. I went and bought the original pressing on CD and its heaven all the original tracks that were on vinyl.

thank you ~~

i knew something was off....ive also looked at street walker and alot of range is missing in that song....hell the whole album is butchered. pisses me off

True. The new remaster of Bad sounds modern and a too compressed. It's mastered way too loud. But IMO it could have been much worse. Had very low expectations after I bought the IJCSLY single earlier this year. Over the last years I have bought many other discs that have been louder than Bad 25. The latest Van Halen album is just one example.

Even though the 2001 SE is a tad too loud aswell, it's still my favourite soundwise, the downside to it is that it has the later mixes of five of the albums original 11 songs, but It's got great bass, and adds a clarity to the music compared to the original CD. The original CD is the one I usually listen to because it lets me hear me the album as it sounded when I fell in love with it in 1987!

So, is Tatiana in this DVD or not?

^^ She's not. It's Sheryl doing the walk.

Karthik yes. But I'm not sure 1987... I bought it may be in 1994, so means 2nd press. But I don't think it has any remaster. For me, best is 2001 special edition. If you have a good system 1987 is good too. But I can't listen BAD 25 with my earphones. Too loud. My soundcard, earphones and my monitors (speakers) are good. So there is no problem with my equipments. Just too loud.

M-audio profire 610 http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProFire610.html
M-Audio BX8-D2 (speakers) http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=d727dd8039249d22237dd18c45cf9c87
Equation Audio RP-21 http://www.equationaudio.com/headphones/rp-21/

Here is the credits;

CD1 - CD 2 Mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner at Bernie Grundman Mastering

Special Edition : Remastered by Bernie Grundman
Bernie Grundman Mastering

Last edited:
DJ_OXyGeNe_8;3721239 said:

Totally agree. Since my first listening I realized there was something wrong that bothered me.
I really love Bad album, I don’t know how many times I listened to it in LP, cassette tape and CD. 1000 times, 10000 times? but I might not listen to Bad 25 so often.
I regret not having bought Bad 2001. Too late…

Back