Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: BAD 25 CD 2 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion

Love Abortion Papers for the infectious beat and amazing melody again.

Terry
Despite the controversal nature of the song: "Abortion Papers",
I've listened to this song several times now, and I have to say I agree with you.

Anyway if this song bothers you just take another listen to that gorgeous song "Free", and try to figure out what the Hell Michael Jackson is singing: :innocent: :rollin:

Last edited:

Price Of Fame continues to rule my life.

Price Of Fame continues to rule my life.
"I'm So Blue" is the Master of My Soul. :bow:

The lyrics are in the video below:

Last edited:
Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

^ Finally someone notices!!!

Lol!!!!

I thought the first time he did it was in the "BAD" video

You're both wrong. He started grabbing his crotch during the Victory Tour.

You're both wrong. He started grabbing his crotch during the Victory Tour.

Really? cuz i was watching an mj documentary a while back and they said the first time ppl saw him do it was in the bad video

he always used his hips but

early 80's hip thrusting began (of course you can get technical and say earlier)
mid 80's Mike snuck his hands on his pelvck area and thrusted with it
and BAD video was the first time (that I could recall) of actually grabbing his crotch..

Basically he slowly brought it in until Black or white where he basically felt himself up so cool like haha!

Really? cuz i was watching an mj documentary a while back and they said the first time ppl saw him do it was in the bad video

I found this pic :D

4kcwp0.jpg

Wembley is the most beautiful dvd about michael jackson, someone in the forum improve that???

Price of Fame, Al Capone... some of the best of Michaels unreleased songs ever.
Nice surprise after all these years, when we thought we had already heard it all through all the leaks.

I think I remember him grabbing his crotch during heartbreak hotel in the victory tour too.

And he grabbed his crotch during Billie Jean too of course :)

First crotch grab:

120928085730712844.gif

First hip trust:

120928085119673309.gif

I just watched it!

Who said the Estate should not have released this? Are you out of your mind? This is the best concert I have ever seen! The quality wasn't an issue to me at all, since I was so mesmerized by Michael's performance! My favorite part? From start to finish, really. This is my favorite DVD now.

The whole package is just wonderful! The demos, the concert DVD and CD. Thank you, Estate!

Re: BAD 25: The BAD Album Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

This thread gave me the idea to get a first pressing of Bad. After reading this thread an listening to this version of the album, I know why I always thought there should be more horns in Bad. I thought that maybe it was b/c of the short film or a radio version. On this version the ending of The Way You Make Me Feel has less lead vocals. I think Bad ends differently too. I hear an effect similar to call and response towards the ending of Dirty Diana. Anyway, it seems it was Michael decision to remove the intro to I Just Can't Stop Loving You, which changes things ... I'd bee wondering why it was taken off. If I remember anything else after another listen, I'll add it.

Can you exactly say where is (minutes) difference for BAD and TWYMM I want to check. Because there is another CD that I've. It's not official but may tracks different. Because Smooth Criminal is different on this CD.

The timings of the first pressing CD I have are:

Bad - 4:07
TWYMMF - 4:59
IJCSLY - 4:25
Dirty Diana -4:52
Smooth Criminal - 4:18

about 'Free'--I agree it is hard to know 'what the hell MJ is singing.' There seems to be a kind of scat singing, just words that hit the beats and the rhythm. The chorus seems easy but what is he saying exactly? 'Free, free like the wind blows, to fly away just like the sparrow. to feel the PLAN IN MY HAIR BLOW (????), to take my time whereever I go"--the other lyrics are hard to unravel too. Have you tried? or anyone? I agree the song is 'gorgeous' and I love it and the laughter at the end. It is a happy song and contrasts with POF, which is great, but the looseness in 'Free' is the antithesis of the pain in POF. 'Take my time wherever I go'--that means not being hounded, pursued, followed, harassed, and forced to rush.

about 'Free'--I agree it is hard to know 'what the hell MJ is singing.' There seems to be a kind of scat singing, just words that hit the beats and the rhythm. The chorus seems easy but what is he saying exactly? 'Free, free like the wind blows, to fly away just like the sparrow. to feel the PLAN IN MY HAIR BLOW (????), to take my time whereever I go"--the other lyrics are hard to unravel too. Have you tried? or anyone? I agree the song is 'gorgeous' and I love it and the laughter at the end. It is a happy song and contrasts with POF, which is great, but the looseness in 'Free' is the antithesis of the pain in POF. 'Take my time wherever I go'--that means not being hounded, pursued, followed, harassed, and forced to rush.

I agree with you. :yes: Here's one interpretation of the lyrics for the song "Free" :

Originally Posted by mjchrisFree
(1987, written by
Michael Jackson & Carole Bayer Sager)

You're the one that I adore you
Everyone they don't know me
Tell me things you ??? me, I do

All the things I wanna sayin'
Tell me things you are to ???
All the lies you have to say, I do
(UhUhUh baby)

Yesterday is when I felt down
And you ??? of the ground
And you ??? they looked at me
All they say, I do
That's why I want to be

Free, free like the wind blow
To fly away just like a sparrow
To feel of letting my hair blow
To take my time wherever I go
I'm in my

You're the one that I adore, just
Kiss me once, I wanna know you
Feel the ???, I can feel in mine

If you are the one for me, just
Tell me twice and I will see the
Heart and soul of all the things I feel
(UhUhUh No)

Yesterday when I felt down, I start
Try to make ??? I was around, you know
Life is just a thing you don't pass the way I do
Because I want to be

I want to be

I'm in my (day, alright)

(Oh Hah)
(Alright)
(Ah Ah, Oh Yeah)

Yesterday was when I ?felt down, I start?
Try to make ??? i wanna ???, ???
Try to make a way to see ??? thing, I do
You, Ah, You, 'Cause I want to be

I want to be

Free, free like the wind blow (Free like the wind blow)
To fly away just like a sparrow (Wherever i go)
To feel of letting my hair blow (I take my time baby)
To take my time wherever I go (Take my time wherever I go)
I want to be

Free, free like the wind blow (Free, Free like the wind blow)
To fly away just like a sparrow (Oh my my)
To feel ofletting my hair blow (Woah Woah Woah Woah baby)
To take my time wherever I go (wherever I go)

Free, free like the wind blow (you'll be free) (I want to be free)
To fly away just like a sparrow (I gotta be free, babe)
To feel letting my hair blow (I want to ???) (Ah Ah Uh Oh baby)
To take my time wherever I go (wherever I go)

(Uuh)

Gotta be free

*laughing*

???, you are so silly

:8-25-03angel_not:

Don't worry so much about the lyrics. There obviously weren't any real lyrics yet at the time Michael did the demo. Just enjoy the song and sing your own made up lyrics with MJ. The chorus part seems to be "the feel of letting my hair blow".

I watched it for the 5th time yesterday. It is impossible to describe how amazing this concert is!

I received my first pressing and I have to say I'm very happy. The sound is not as loud as the remastered versions, but it's better. I love having a cd rip of the original mixes. It was a great purchase. What did they do on the remastered versions besides volume change?

Y'know what? I effing love this concert. I've watched it multiple times now, and although the picture quality is not the best the brilliance of Michael's performance outshines everything else. And it gets better with multiple viewings. It really does. My advise to anyone still caught up with quality is - don't fret the small stuff and focus on the bigger picture. It's Michael in his prime and nothing beats that.

I finally got my DVD and watched it yesterday - and I'm still totally blown away. It is the best concert I've ever seen in my whole life. So full of joy and happiness, beauty and emotion. How on earth can anyone perform like that??
"Divinity in motion", at this point there's nothing else left to say.

As someone earlier said in this thread, it really felt as spending two hours with Michael and then being forced to say goodbye - it was an awesome and at the same time very emotional experience :cry:

Glad to hear the concert gets even better when you see it several times (how is it even possible?!) - I will definitely watch it over and over again. Can't wait to do that! :)

I finally got my DVD and watched it yesterday - and I'm still totally blown away. It is the best concert I've ever seen in my whole life. So full of joy and happiness, beauty and emotion. How on earth can anyone perform like that??
"Divinity in motion", at this point there's nothing else left to say.

As someone earlier said in this thread, it really felt as spending two hours with Michael and then being forced to say goodbye - it was an awesome and at the same time very emotional experience :cry:

Glad to hear the concert gets even better when you see it several times (how is it even possible?!) - I will definitely watch it over and over again. Can't wait to do that! :)

You tooK the words right out of my mouth! I just watched it entirely on a 42" HD Brava TV and it was an amazing experience! "Oh Lord have Mercy" like Michael would say- this was just an awesome, out of this world experience! It took me back to that time when Michael was at his peak and it showed in this concert how happy and joyous he was. I was crying tears of joy. This man is without a doubt the greatest entertainer that ever was and ever will be! This is not even left for argument's sake because you can't argue with pure perfection and energy and pure genius and talent. He is pure sex on that stage and pure pure genius. This man indeed IS other worldly like we ALL know. It just makes me admire him even more, even though I don't know how I could admire him more!!

I've been to a U2 concert not by real choice, a guy had a free ticket so I was curious to see the hype. And honestly, I started to fall ASLEEp while trying to watch this show, it was torture, boring as hell. Of course I was spoiled because I attended the 88 MJ show in Maryland and it was amazing as usual. I know I am biased but truthfully I think any objective observer would tell you Michael is the absolute BEST!

I just watched it again. Wow! There's real danger that I'm gonna get addicted to this. LOL.

i watched the concert for the second time michael was/is untouchable, i miss michael so much. on the 15th michael did TWYMMF and it is much better quality than the concert on the 16th. how can that be.

I hope many people will get to see this. I tell people they should see it whether they are fans or not. It made me happy to watch and I can watch it again and again.

I hope many people will get to see this. I tell people they should see it whether they are fans or not. It made me happy to watch and I can watch it again and again.

Apparently BBC will air the concert and Spike's docu before Christmas so hopefully a lot of people (at least in Britain) will see it!

Back