Wembley DVD content - discuss Michael, his concert and performance ONLY [discussion ]

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances

Really? cuz i was watching an mj documentary a while back and they said the first time ppl saw him do it was in the bad video

I think ppl in large masses saw it for the first time in the BAD video so we all assumed that was the first time he did it. I also had no idea he had done it in the Victory Tour. :D

I attended the 88 MJ show in Maryland and it was amazing as usual.

I have to ask you a pretty random question, but did he perform MITM that night? And if you remember did he have the blue shirt on? :p

I'd so buy a DVD boxset with 5-6 Bad Tour concerts (first leg and second leg too, though more second leg). I just can't get enough of the Bad Tour! LOL.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

The songs sound similar to album recordings, but Michael was known for his ability to do duplicate vocals sounding exactly the same.
The difference in speed is due to tuning of the playback etc. For example Billie Jean under playback (with a live band) has to be tuned down 0.25x.

The only singer I know who can do that is Vitas. I hate to say it but MJ can't, that's not to say he sounds bad live.

I have to ask you a pretty random question, but did he perform MITM that night? And if you remember did he have the blue shirt on? :p

As I recall, now remember this was a looong time ago, I believe he had the blue shirt on because he performed it after TWYMMF when he was wearing his blue shirt. Hope that helps.

Re-issues of Bad feature a number of changes when compared to the original 1987 release:

• "Bad" – The original mix was replaced with the 7" single mix. The most notable difference is the lack of horns in all the choruses except for the last two. Horns are also missing from the second and third pre-choruses. The rhythm guitar during the choruses is also turned up along with the hi-hats.

• "The Way You Make Me Feel" – The full-length remix used for the single with louder vocals and ad libs added to the end replaced the original album mix.

• "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" omits Michael Jackson's spoken intro.

• "Dirty Diana" is replaced with the single edit of the song.

• "Smooth Criminal" went through two changes on the album. It was remixed to make the kick drum heavier and the bass synth fatter. The quick-sequenced synclavier behind the bass has been rendered mono as well. The first version of this mix left the breathing intact, but was later removed after some time.

• "Leave Me Alone" wasn't included on the original vinyl release but was included on the CD release and now is included in all releases.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

The difference in speed is due to tuning of the playback etc. For example Billie Jean under playback (with a live band) has to be tuned down 0.25x.

The only singer I know who can do that is Vitas. I hate to say it but MJ can't, that's not to say he sounds bad live.
Really?

[youtube]RtN47PdPehc[/youtube]

Its probably cause you are comparing songs he did on Bad (1st leg has flawless and near identical studio vocals), Dangerous and history..

Destiny Tour, Triumph Tour and Victory tour all had near identical studio vocals. There are also various live performances that are just about as close that you can get to sound like the studio vocals :)

Last edited:

As I recall, now remember this was a looong time ago, I believe he had the blue shirt on because he performed it after TWYMMF when he was wearing his blue shirt. Hope that helps.

Okay thanks for the info! Oh how i envy you, that you got to see Michael live in the Bad Tour! Must have been surreal :D

@Dj
Look in one of my threads, i've uploaded the japanese first pressing of the cd.

I think he could have if he had wanted to, but he wasn't trying to. (And the fact that he had been dancing his ass off for two hours wasn't helping...)

Re: BAD 25 CD 2 Demo's unreleased, unheard Studio songs Discussion

Ive been listening to these great songs time and time again and the more I listen tothem the more I love them. His vocals are out of this world, his ad libs and his falsettos just divine. Just wonderful!

Re: BAD 25: The BAD Album Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

I've received my first pressing as well. Besides Dirty Diana being longer, I heard a difference in the bass after Michael sings Dirty Diana. There's a part in the chorus when he sings Dirty Diana and there's a break between his words and you hear the bass line. There I hear octaves. For example, low f high f low g high g. Octaves are not present on the final version.

I received my first pressing and I have to say I'm very happy. The sound is not as loud as the remastered versions, but it's better. I love having a cd rip of the original mixes. It was a great purchase. What did they do on the remastered versions besides volume change?

Ive been listening to these great songs time and time again and the more I listen tothem the more I love them. His vocals are out of this world, his ad libs and his falsettos just divine. Just wonderful!
I do so... agree with. I just melt everytime I hear the beginning of "Fly Away".
ENJOY:

Keefers_AnimatedButterflies1011.gif

Really?

[youtube]RtN47PdPehc[/youtube]

Its probably cause you are comparing songs he did on Bad (1st leg has flawless and near identical studio vocals), Dangerous and history..

Destiny Tour, Triumph Tour and Victory tour all had near identical studio vocals. There are also various live performances that are just about as close that you can get to sound like the studio vocals :)
I meant ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL, I've only seen Vitas do that. He can also sing badly if he wants, but he's a living playback machine.

I've always liked Fly Away ever since it was put on the Bad Special Edition! :D But of the newer unreleased demos I like Free, I'm So Blue & Al Capone. I'll probaly like the others the more I listen to them :yes:

This is the best mj box ever!!!

I've always liked Fly Away ever since it was put on the Bad Special Edition! :D But of the newer unreleased demos I like Free, I'm So Blue & Al Capone. I'll probaly like the others the more I listen to them :yes:
You have EXCELLENT TASTE!!!! :punk:

I'm from Turkey and i bought Deluxe Edition from michaeljackson.com.. the package reached me last thursday!

OMG!!!

Great great great my dear Michael!!! my angel!!!

Entrance of WBSS is great!!! that angry face!!! mmmm!!!

APOM!!! he lives the song!!! i think i lost my mind while watching that!!! those moves!!! yaayyyy!!!

IJCSLY.. as always Michael is just Perfect!!! the dance with Sherly makes me go crazy!!! i'm jeaolus of her!! :)
does Michael make a little beatbox??

SIOOML.. My dear Michael!!! i love you so much!! you'll be in my life forever forever forever!!

the Medley!!! Michael's joyful is great, running here and there on the stage, his smile.. very very cute!! lovely!! angelic!!

RWY.. L.O.V.E. LO.V.E. i want to join the discussion in the previous pages of this thread!! :) He's saying "mattaaoo!!" ahahahah whatever!! i'm the last person who can understand English words as a Turkish with a poor English!! My dear friends whose native language is English, please tell us what he exactly says there!! :) LOL!!

Human Nature.. My love Michael!! amazing performance!!! and i love that part singing with the audiences together!!! Great choir!!! Michael's face looks very happy while listening to that beautiful choir! Love you dear fans!

Smooth Criminal!!! Geeeee!!!!
there isn't an exact lean but he is amazing with his dance moves as always!!! love this song!!!

(btw in Turkey we couldn't understand what he says while singing "annie are you ok?" part! :) LOL!!! many interesting things we guessed for years... LOL LOL mostly we understood like this (in Turkish phonetic :)"eni eci vokki"!! don't ask me what this mean, cause i don't know!!LOL!! we always thought about that also "What does Michael mean with that?" LOL!!!
you know there was no internet, it was too hard for us to reach something.. Oh God we were waiting for about a week to watch a TV programme to get a chance to see Michael's short films.. because in those times there was only one programme playing foreign music.. our dear "chocolate Michael"!!!)

anyway let's continue.. we'll talk about these lovely good memories on another thread!! :)

Dirty Diana!!!!!!
help me!!! help!!!! OMG!! OMG!!! i want to be that microphone!!! i lost my health i think when i watched this!! Michael is pure hot!! i don't understand why a girl from the audiences didn't jump on the stage and on Michael!!!! because i made a big effort to keep myself not to jump on my screen!! LOL!!
Why did Jennifer touch my dear's hair like that? get your hand off my dear's hair woman!! don't touch him!! LOL!! LOL!!!

Thriller..
OMG!!! after that mask you can see the beauty of God on a human face!! Noone can create that kind of beauty but GOD!! Michael is the most handsome men in the whole world!!! God's gift!!

Bad Groove.. i love all the crew!! especially Greg!!! he's so cute!! LOL!!

WDAN..
mmmm... first my dear angel's angelic voice.. then he is on stage with pure white costume like his heart!!! pure and beautiful!!! He's the meaning of perfectness..

Beat it!!!
Magic magic magic!!! as always i started to pray "please my God save him!! he's gonna fall!! he's gonna fall!!" i always fear whenever i see him on that mechanism!! My GOD!!!

Billie Jean...
there is not enough words to explain this song and Michael's dance in the world!! no language can describe him!! Love you Michael!!

Bad!!!!!!!!! wooohooooooo GREAT!!!!!!!
especially those mimmics with Greg is PRICELESS!!! Oh God!! Michael you are great honey!!!!
and the children.. especially that little cute girl!!! she came to stage and just give a hug to Michael with full of L.O.V.E.
it makes me cry!! :(
that is the time my jubilation turns into a sadness!! i miss him so much!!! at that happy time i just want to hold his hand and protect him till the world's end!! :(

than MITM.. sadness.. my angel.. my dear Michael's beautiful heart.. :( :(

this DVD starts with a great excitement... your hands start to shake when you hold it.. you can put the DVD on your DVD player very hard since your hands are shaking.. then you'll be surprised with this great show.. your eyes get bigger and bigger!! you start to scream!! you start to dance!! you start to sing with Michael!! great emotions!!! then it ends with your tears because you will miss him much more!! you'll want to hug him much more!! you'll want to see him much more..... :( :(

just little summaries from me with my very poor English.. i hope i hadn't written wrong words, please forgive me for my mistakes.. English can be very hard for me while writing.. i know you all understand me my dear lovely friends...

I L.O.V.E. you all from the bottom of my heart!!

L.O.V.E.

I meant ABSOLUTELY IDENTICAL, I've only seen Vitas do that. He can also sing badly if he wants, but he's a living playback machine.

Can you link me a live song from vitas? I really wanna hear that, i mean its quite impossible to exact duplicate the studio version, so if vitas can do that then he must be a extraordinary! :D

Really i dont even think he even wanted to sound exact like the studio versions. Thats why he added adlibs, change notes and the way he phrases them. Just my opinion ofc :)

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs and DVD Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

And also ve hear that as "enegeci vokkiiy" in Turkey :)

So guys, exactly what is he saying? I know people from USA can't understand too... I tested :)

Re: BAD 25 CD Live songs and DVD Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988 [Discussion thread]

I love it! From start to finish! :D I know I must have watched the DVD at least 10 times now!
There are soooo many favorite moments for me! It really did feel as if I was at that concert.

Michael is MaJic! :girl_sigh:

The only singer I know who can do that is Vitas. I hate to say it but MJ can't, that's not to say the sounds bad live.

I'm still not convinced TWYMMF is lip-synced. Why go to such elaborate scheme - playback, then stop playback on cue to interact with the audience, then start it again, then stop again for ad-libs. It's nearly impossible to orchestrate it perfectly (and it is perfect in the video) and very high risk that something goes wrong. And I don't see any signs to the band.

Plus I don' really understand how musicians would adjust to the speed of vocal in the beginning of the song. It's easy to do the other way round because the vocal starts later and the singer can adjust to the tempo. But how do you guess the tempo perfectly to match the vocal playback that will start in 30 seconds?

Easy.
He sings the first line live, then someone plays the playback track that the band plays a long to.
Michael already knows the spots where he comes in live, and even if he didn't come in live, those spots would be empty.

I'm still not convinced TWYMMF is lip-synced. Why go to such elaborate scheme - playback, then stop playback on cue to interact with the audience, then start it again, then stop again for ad-libs. It's nearly impossible to orchestrate it perfectly (and it is perfect in the video) and very high risk that something goes wrong. And I don't see any signs to the band.

Plus I don' really understand how musicians would adjust to the speed of vocal in the beginning of the song. It's easy to do the other way round because the vocal starts later and the singer can adjust to the tempo. But how do you guess the tempo perfectly to match the vocal playback that will start in 30 seconds?

He gives a sign for the band to stop the playback around 2:19

Notice how his singing changes after that to live vocals

I watched my DVD this morning for the first time and I was completely blown away! Why wasn't I born in the 80s? Michael, I love you.

I watched my DVD this morning for the first time and I was completely blown away! Why wasn't I born in the 80s? Michael, I love you.

I always say that, but then I remember I'd actually have to be born in the 70s to see it :p

I always say that, but then I remember I'd actually have to be born in the 70s to see it :p

I was born in the 70s and I can tell it was absolutely amazing to see and live the Bad era! The best era of MJ, IMO, even though Dangerous is the best album (again IMO).

I was born in the 80s but i wish i was born earlier so i wouldve been old enough to go to the bad tour

Re: BAD 25: The BAD Album Tracks CD 1 [Discussion]

Can you exactly say where is (minutes) difference for BAD and TWYMM I want to check. Because there is another CD that I've. It's not official but may tracks different. Because Smooth Criminal is different on this CD.

Called Dance Collection

1313486989_michael-jackson.jpeg

Wow never seen this cd before

I'm so HOOKED right now to the DEMO CD too... Right now, it's on REPEAT :bow:

It has really put the spark in me again and I'm learning the 'lyrics' and the 'melody' now by heart :tease:

I got that old feeling back of some songs HIT me right away like "Al capone", "FREE", "abortion papers" and 'don't be messin' around" ... then other has to grow on me like " I'm so blue" and "Price of fame"

With 'growing on me' I mean... When I first heard "I'm so blue" it made :cry: and now I just singalong...
When I heard "price of fame", It hurt me too as I remembered how Michael 'suffered' through that fame... Sometimes, the truth hurts hey...

Yet, they are all "pearls" and I'm so :bow: that the MJ Estate 'granted' us those demos...

Back