Vanity-Fair: MJ`s Family: Inside Their Desperate Attempt to Oust Estate Executors

When did Branca filed the Will, I aalways believed it was after the meeting at jermaine's house. I also thought it was Jermaine who was a friend of John Mc Clain.

Last edited:
That last part is really sad to think about. :(

"The Jackson family purchased 10 burial spots nearby-for the 2 parents and 8 siblings. Michael will be surrounded forever by the very people he spent much of his adult life trying to keep at a distance"

"The Jackson family purchased 10 burial spots nearby-for the 2 parents and 8 siblings. Michael will be surrounded forever by the very people he spent much of his adult life trying to keep at a distance"

They didn't pay for them the Estate did.

Oh God...please no. I am so sorry Michael.

Read the piece...half-assed as expected, but very curios about Perry Sanders-AEG-The Estate

wow at what Sandra Ribera said about Genevive, Jafaar, Jermajesty and Austin and that confrontation day at Calabasas.

"They had actually planted cousins in the house to sort of spy and report. to manipulate the kids and try to get them leave the property without security. That hadnt worked, so they came in themselves".

One of these days janet will do something to piss randy off without realizing it and randy will treat her likr crap as he as done with michael. That would not surprise me if that day will happen

Janet doesn't have money issue IMO.

But you need to understand the incentive for her. If you think the rest of the Jacksons are money oriented and expect to get money / control of Michael's estate when that fails they would be dependent / going after Janet's money. So "his money rather than my money" could be her motivation.

Also Janet seems to be a lot more close / loyal to Randy then she ever was to Michael.

Also I think everyone in the family (perhaps except Katherine) has a some sort of resentment towards Michael. I don't think many of them forgave Michael for leaving the group and focusing on his individual career and distancing himself from them in the later years.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense--the resentment and the reason--that he went solo and distanced himself. They must have not liked it, and no matter what he did, it was never enough to make up for that. I think it goes back to the Victory Tour and how hard it was for Michael to have so little control and yet have to carry the bulk of the show.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense--the resentment and the reason--that he went solo and distanced himself. They must have not liked it, and no matter what he did, it was never enough to make up for that. I think it goes back to the Victory Tour and how hard it was for Michael to have so little control and yet have to carry the bulk of the show.

it started before then, like with the wiz, nobody in his family wanted him to do that because they could see it would mean he would continue to break away from them.

^^ In The Jacksons: An American Dream movie Joe did not like it when Diana Ross introduced the group as Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. I bet they did not like it when Michael was asked to do solo records by Motown either, but as long as that kept the money flowing they put up with it.

That was the most striking part of the book (or the VF snippets), so sad:cry:

I'm surprised that the description of this family in this book was so bad, and yet the only thing that Janet reacted on was she was holding MJ funeral because of the money she wanted back from the estate? Maybe she sues Sullivan once the book is out?

There are lot of false information in this book, but some truths too.
I would've thought, as author obviously asked legal advice regarding Michael's will, they never explained to him that Katherine cannot will her share to her children, after she passes, it will go to PPB trust.

All in all, at least what I have read from VF, he doesn't write badly about Michael or his kids, but cannot say same about everyone else in the book.

Also there is one thing that is good, he writes: Howard Weitzman, who during the years since he had helped Johnnie Cochran persuade to settle 1993 case.

"LaToya would insist that nearly all of Michael's money was gone by the time she arrived at Carolwood"
First of, how would LaToya would know that there were money and how much were there? Secondly, nearly all of the money she said? That indicates that she found "some" money, but what happen to it, did she keep it to herself or what?

Last edited:
Thanks Ivy.

Im glad this didn't paint Michael in a bad way, at this point I don't give a shit whether people are spreads lies about the rest of the Jackson's, they've done this to themselves.

The bit about the cousins being planted..my god..I do remember Paris tweeting about her cousins being at the house quite a bit before everything happened.

I still see red every time I read about the Jackson's stealing all of Michael's stuff. Obviously I wish we'd never lost him, but I also wish that the house he died in had been in London so that the Jackson's couldn't get there straight away and do what they did!!

I still think that Michael's kids and us fans were the only ones truly grieving on June 25th. And who are still grieving.

"At the lunch meeting in Beverly Hills the next day, Sanders assured H Weitzman that he would much rather work with the estate than fight against it. Within the week, he had proved this by settling a long-simmering lawsuit involving Jackson's Heal The World Foundation, orchestrating an arrangement that guaranteed Melissa J, who run the foundation, and Katherine J seats on the charity's board or directors, but still gave John B ultimate control"

:wacko:
Anyone who wants to write a book, should visit here at MJJC, and read related threads, after that is done, they should ask Ivy's input what they should put in the book:D

The estate paid for the spots & they belong to the estate.

There are lot of false information in this book, but some truths too.
I would've thought, as author obviously asked legal advice regarding Michael's will, they never explained to him that Katherine cannot will her share to her children, after she passes, it will go to PPB trust.

Katherine's lawyers believe if they can discredit the Executors they can get the allowence cancelled and take a straight 40% of the Estate (that's why the want an audit, so they can learn just how much 40% would be). Attorney Sanders is persuing several fronts. He believes that the Executors are overpaying themselves. The court is monitoring this and has not found anything to complain about. Much of the attorney fees are going towards all the lawsuits that came before and after Michael's death that have to be handled by hired attorneys. The shennagins of the family have caused a lot of legal fees that have had to be handled like Howard Mann and the fake Heal the World.

Sanders is also trying to find fault with the Estate's relationship with AEG. Michael had a business relationship with AEG and This Is It could not have been made without a relationship with AEG. AEG did not contract with Conrad Murray and did not dictate his medical treatment. Only a sympathatic jury could help the family win a wrongful death suit, but so much is coming to light about them public opinion is soured.

Katherine's lawyers believe if they can discredit the Executors they can get the allowence cancelled and take a straight 40% of the Estate (that's why the want an audit, so they can learn just how much 40% would be). Attorney Sanders is persuing several fronts. He believes that the Executors are overpaying themselves. The court is monitoring this and has not found anything to complain about. Much of the attorney fees are going towards all the lawsuits that came before and after Michael's death that have to be handled by hired attorneys. The shennagins of the family have caused a lot of legal fees that have had to be handled like Howard Mann and the fake Heal the World.

Sanders is also trying to find fault with the Estate's relationship with AEG. Michael had a business relationship with AEG and This Is It could not have been made without a relationship with AEG. AEG did not contract with Conrad Murray and did not dictate his medical treatment. Only a sympathatic jury could help the family win a wrongful death suit, but so much is coming to light about them public opinion is soured.

I can only imagine if any of the Jackson was in control of the estate, how much they would be paying to themselves:D
There would be nothing left to pay loans and other things needed to be paid.

If they discredit executors but that doesn't change the trust by any means or does it?

If Katherine wants all of her 40% now, will she accept 40% of debts too?

The more I read these shenanigans, the more I think that the only mistake Michael did was to name his mother as beneficiary to his will. The whole family is gone bonkers because of it:ermm:

I take my hat off for the executors, they must have a thick skin to deal with the Jackson soap opera.

but so much is coming to light about them public opinion is soured.

Yep, and they only have themselves to blame for the recent turn of events, in my opinion.

When they were all up on stage at the memorial, they looked all "united." Boy they sure fooled me (LOL), because right after that, little-by-little, the wheels started to fall off and the veil was lifted. Some of the things I know now, I would have NEVER believed back in the day. I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, so I never really paid much attention to the others, and that includes Janet.

But out of all of them, along with everything we now know, in my opinion, Randy Jackson is the one to watch. He's obsessed with Michael's Estate and he's desperate. Obsessed and desperate makes a lethal combination, which describes Randy Jackson perfectly.

The estate paid for the spots & they belong to the estate.

I know estate paid for them, but I don't think they'll be using them.
I suppose Katherine asked them to purchase plots for other siblings too, so Michael cannot even rest in peace without them harassing him:(

Yep, and they only have themselves to blame for the recent turn of events, in my opinion.

When they were all up on stage at the memorial, they looked all "united." Boy they sure fooled me (LOL), because right after that, little-by-little, the wheels started to fall off and the veil was lifted. Some of the things I know now, I would have NEVER believed back in the day. I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, so I never really paid much attention to the others, and that includes Janet.

But out of all of them, along with everything we now know, in my opinion, Randy Jackson is the one to watch. He's obsessed with Michael's Estate and he's desperate. Obsessed and desperate makes a lethal combination, which describes Randy Jackson perfectly.

I too got fooled by them, and as you said bit by bit the ugly truth has come out of Jacksons.

Randy is the scary one and clearly has some mental issues. He is not very good at controlling himself (wife and child beater), so how far can he go. Thank God he cannot go to to same house as kids are staying, you never know what his sick twisted mind would come up with.

Randy is the scary one and clearly has some mental issues. He is not very good at controlling himself (wife and child beater), so how far can he go. Thank God he cannot go to to same house as kids are staying, you never know what his sick twisted mind would come up with.

Yeah, I was just saying that same thing on another MJ board.

The children may not need protecting from the general public, but at this point, they "may" need protecting from their Uncle Randy. He probably goes to bed thinking about The Estate and when he wakes up, he is STILL thinking about The Estate and how he can get his grubby little hand's on it.

And the whole situation with the lawsuit against AEG is most likely only making matters worse when it comes to the stability of Randy Jackson. One dangerous character. I also agree with you that Randy has some mental issues. The tone of the letter to The Estate, which I believe was mainly composed by Randy Jackson, also speaks to his mental issues. That letter was straight up crazy!

Imo, Janet does have money issues. Repaid $40,000, $10,000 only to Mother, and as I said on another board, Rene made out like a bandit, $15 million, portion of royalties, one of her houses? Those are tangible assets not to mention her baffling involvement in the Mother/remove executors scheme. Her 2008 tour was a flop which meant that she as the artist lost money behind that tour, LL Cool J quit in disgust, dancers and musicians had to be paid plus the rumors that she bailed out Jermaine Dupri a few times. That all adds up to tightening the financial purse. She certainly isn't broke the way everyday people are broke but I don't think she's balling like people think she is either. I think there's some issues there.

Its totally understood she doesn't want the family in her pockets but she needs to tell them to back off. Tell Rebbie and her husband to get jobs. Seriously, what do they do? Toya once said a long time ago he doesn't even work.

Well if she does not want to support her grown ass brothers and sisters then don't. I mean damn when do you finally decide to become self sufficient? When do you start taken care of yourself? Janet like Michael worked for their money their is no law that says they have to take care of broke lazy people just because they are blood. Having said all of that it is unfair of her to expect Michael's estate to take care of them because does not want to. Let them take care of themselves

^^^ She must have some sort of money problems, why else she agreed to front that Nutrisystem thingy?
To be honest, check the list of women who agrees to front any slimming products, they are all on their way out of business, not much money left from their heydays.
No disrespect to any woman doing these slimming things, it is honest job as any, but usually they are in need for money.
That is why I believe Janet too has money problems. It's not like she gets millions from her movie roles like Angelica Jolie, and she brought out the book after Michael died. If she did have money problems,why she didn't write her book when Michael was alive. She like anyone else used the opportunity to sell het book in the wake of Michael's death.

I too read about her tour being a bomb and cost her lots of money. How much royalties her songs brings in? It depends how much her music is being played and used in commercials. I haven't heard Janet's songs for years here in UK area, so I assume its pretty much same in other countries too.

Well if she does not want to support her grown ass brothers and sisters then don't. I mean damn when do you finally decide to become self sufficient? When do you start taken care of yourself? Janet like Michael worked for their money their is no law that says they have to take care of broke lazy people just because they are blood. Having said all of that it is unfair of her to expect Michael's estate to take care of them because does not want to. Let them take care of themselves

That would be Katherine and Joe's fault. They taught their children from very young age that family comes first and to depend on other family members for financial support.
In some way it seems like good idea, but how the hell they make in big bad world if none of them learn to be independent and has no self-respect to make their own living?

Last edited:
Yeah but at some point you have to figure that out for yourself. No matter what Mommy and Daddy told you

They all are well over 50, if they haven't learned by now, they never will, and there is second generation coming of these useless relatives taught the same way:doh:

They all are well over 50, if they haven't learned by now, they never will, and there is second generation coming of these useless relatives taught the same way

Yep, I was just about to say that.

It's not only Mother's "cubs" looking for a hand-out, it's the cubs of the cubs and even some of the Jackson cousins, who not only want to live comfortable on somebody else's dime, they want to live large.

In my opinion, they want to live just like Michael lived, they just don't want to work for that luxury.

I think about LaToya and her man, staying at Michael's Carolwood crib for a week or longer. It was only a short period of time (I'm sure they wish it was longer), but for that short period I bet they enjoyed themselves immensely, while searching through all of Michael's belongs and removing anything that wasn't nailed down.

Not to mention the "Jackson 5-STAR HOTEL" Mother was running while she lived at Hayvenhurst.

Now it makes sense that the kids of Jermaine, Randy and Rebbie are barred too from the house. Shame on them for spying and such. I am sure the kids liked having their cousins around and they do that? Sad for them. They need to distance themselves like their father did. Michael truly loved them and protected them.

Not to mention the "Jackson 5-STAR HOTEL" Mother was running while she lived at Hayvenhurst.

No wonder Genevieve misses those good old days:D
Somebody posted this already to other board, but it got stuck to my mind what she wrote:
Genevieve Jackson ?@RealGenevieveJ
Watching The Jacksons: An American Dream ....makes me miss Hayvenhurst. The days when things weren't so complicated.

She also posted this:
Genevieve Jackson ?@RealGenevieveJ
The best way to learn from your mistakes is to admit them rather then blame them on someone else.

She should have tweeted it to several family members, they are pro's blaming others.

Back