Vanity-Fair: MJ`s Family: Inside Their Desperate Attempt to Oust Estate Executors

Janet tweeted this a little over and half an hour ago

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/letter-from-blair-brown-to-graydon-carter-of-vanity-fair

1349484045.76326.LetterfromBlairBrowntoGraydonCarterofVanityFair1.jpg

1349484260.36348.LetterfromBlairBrowntoGraydonCarterofVanityFair2.jpg

I am relieved in a sense, because as believable as it was, the thought that his own sister who is worth millions would do that to him is vile and crass. I'm relieved for Michael.

I hope the Estate also addresses the accusations against them with the threat of legal action. They've tolerated enough from the family, there is no need for them to continue doing so with outsiders as well. I'm grateful for their letter.

Vanity Fair is a disgusting rag--full of gossip, scandal, and glossy photos. Apparently Maureen Orth has not finished writing trash about Michael for VF either b/c she is supposedly coming out with another article in 2013. I guess her five previous smears weren't enough?? She has also written a recent attack on Tom Cruise for VF. What's with Graydon Carter, the editor--why does he publish such garbage? WHY do these people get to hide behind 'Freedom of the Press"--freedom to lie? Is that what the Founders who wrote the Constitution had in mind with Freedom of the Press?

Many things about the Jacksons behavior should be exposed IMO just like others who have done Michael wrong. But, at the same time it doesn't make me thrilled that the media is going after them. Because they went after Michael for yrs it's like they can't get enough so now that he is gone it's the rest of the Jacksons turn it seems. For sure it's mainly their own fault too. But, for what I can see the media definitely are not doing this to help MJ look sympathetic. Many are enjoying dragging his name right along with them! So it's all very frustrating and sad to see. Will this B.S ever end?

^^ I agree, perfectly said.

I'm looking forward Janet's pr person to issue another statement on behalf of her that it wasn't her that was holding up Michael's burial. The story seems to be getting more and more coverage.

To be brutally honest, they get what they deserve. Last 3 years has been absolute horror, in terms what they have said in their interviews and what have they done since Michael died. What goes around, comes around.

you were right.. her lawyer Blair Brown issued a statement to the editor of Vanity Fair:

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/letter-from-blair-brown-to-graydon-carter-of-vanity-fair

^^ Since Sullivan stated that he wants his book to be the most talked about during the Christmas season it most certainly will trash Michael. You don't get the media report about an MJ book in any other way...

The guy is ignorant, ill-informed, sloppy, conspiracy-minded, sensationalist and hungry for fame - a bad combination.

I am relieved in a sense, because as believable as it was, the thought that his own sister who is worth millions would do that to him is vile and crass. I'm relieved for Michael.

I hope the Estate also addresses the accusations against them with the threat of legal action. They've tolerated enough from the family, there is no need for them to continue doing so with outsiders as well. I'm grateful for their letter.

I agree. The Estate needs to really go after these people. They can't sue for Michael. But I'm sure that they can sue for themselves because the book sounds like it will be very defamatory to them. As far as Janet is concerned, I personally was very upset with her for her involvement in that fiasco this past summer. And I have not been happy with the comments that she has made about Michael since his death either. But still, if the Vanity Fair article's claims about her are not true, then she was right to have her spokesperson say something. I hope she files a lawsuit against these people also.

Just to make it clear, that letter does not redeem Janet in my eyes. I still think she is every bit as selfish and stingy. I'm also happy, in a way, she's feeling some of the heat Michael felt most of his life. That does not mean I condone this book. No way, but starting with the whole grandma kidnapping saga, I'm glad that her act has been exposed. She brought it upon herself and serve her right.

She may have had nothing to do with the delay of her brother's burial, but I can see her trying to retrieve her cash from the Estate no sooner it was given. Yes, that's very like a person who contributed only 10 grand to her mother's upkeep and allowed her sibling who was going through the most horrendous period of his life to continue paying for the family.

Interesting letter from Janet. She only gets het knickers twisted when there is talk about her money?
The previous statement from her PR staff was issued in similar manner and same reason, because there were talk about her money (or lack of it)! She has no problems when tabloids slandering her brother, or herself contributing some of drug talk against her brother, as long as they don't mention Janet and money the same time!
There were no word from her when Demon Dimond or other tabloids spews their garbage about Michael, not a word out of her when there is crap about MJ's kids on tabloids, but wait if there is talk about Ms Janet's money or lack of it, she'll get hissy fit.
Very interesting indeed.

Snippet from her letter:
"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms Jackson incurred and for which she has never sought reimbursement."

I don't know what she paid and never sought to get it back from the estate, it certainly wasn't siblings wardrobe for funeral.
There is a list in the internet what the estate paid, I cannot see anything that was left for Janet to pay?

If I was worth of 150-200 million, would I feel need to sought back 40 thousand from my family member's estate? No I wouldn't, I would be honoured to pay my dearly beloved family member's funeral, and as much Janet says she loves her brother, paying 40 thousands is too much for her?

@Rhilo
In Janet's previous statement states that she provided financial support to her mother, I wonder how she supported as Havenhurst was heading foreclosure, no bills paid, so what exactly she paid?

"I am relieved in a sense, because as believable as it was, the thought that his own sister who is worth millions would do that to him is vile and crass. I'm relieved for Michael."

They way she treated Michael's kids during the Wildfire of Madness episode, in my opinion she is vile and crass, and I believe if she is capable doing something like that to his kids, what she is capable doing to Michael?

In different note, I think Sullivan guy is not to blame about conspiracy talk about the will. We only need to look where did it all started, yes Jackson's. The estate needs to sue Jackson's for slandering.

Snippet from her letter:
"In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms Jackson incurred and for which she has never sought reimbursement."

I don't know what she paid and never sought to get it back from the estate, it certainly wasn't siblings wardrobe for funeral.
There is a list in the internet what the estate paid, I cannot see anything that was left for Janet to pay?

@Rhilo
In Janet's previous statement states that she provided financial support to her mother, I wonder how she supported as Havenhurst was heading foreclosure, no bills paid, so what exactly she paid?

They way she treated Michael's kids during the Wildfire of Madness episode, in my opinion she is vile and crass, and I believe if she is capable doing something like that to his kids, what she is capable doing to Michael?

Bubs, sorry I had to edit your quote a bit as it was so long! But yeah, I wonder what it is she didn't seek reimbursement from the Estate? The outfits and accessories she bought and wore for the memorial and funeral? It's Janet Jackson after all, and she has no excuse like the rest of the family to depend on someone else to pay for her wardrobe. Even for the family that was low...

Or perhaps money given to mother during that first month or two right after Michael's passing, and just before the Estate was up and running? Katherine would have been uncertain those first few weeks about her income...Knowing JJ, it could be anything.

Also, financial support to her mother/Encino was minimal and unsbtantial compared to her earnings and her brother's contributions. Didn't one of Katherine's legal docs state that JJ only gave 10k?

This is what I think of Janet: As the baby of the family, she had it pretty easy. By the time she was 3 years, she was living in luxury. She was doted on by her older siblings and mother. Joseph was relatively easy on her. She didn't have it half as bad as her brothers. Yes, she did work as a kid, but that's nothing compared to the gruelling/ sweat-shop type work schedule Michael was subjected to at an even younger age. It's just. not. comparable.

I think it's safe to say that Janet was -is - spoilt. She comes across as so self-centred - always putting her wants and needs before others'. So what if someone else has to suffer? It's always me, me, me and safeguarding her best interests has always been her top priority. Nothing else.

Interesting letter from Janet. She only gets het knickers twisted when there is talk about her money?
The previous statement from her PR staff was issued in similar manner and same reason, because there were talk about her money (or lack of it)! She has no problems when tabloids slandering her brother, or herself contributing some of drug talk against her brother, as long as they don't mention Janet and money the same time!
There were no word from her when Demon Dimond or other tabloids spews their garbage about Michael, not a word out of her when there is crap about MJ's kids on tabloids, but wait if there is talk about Ms Janet's money or lack of it, she'll get hissy fit.
Very interesting indeed.

Snippet from her letter:

If I was worth of 150-200 million, would I feel need to sought back 40 thousand from my family member's estate? No I wouldn't, I would be honoured to pay my dearly beloved family member's funeral, and as much Janet says she loves her brother, paying 40 thousands is too much for her?

@Rhilo

"I am relieved in a sense, because as believable as it was, the thought that his own sister who is worth millions would do that to him is vile and crass. I'm relieved for Michael."

In different note, I think Sullivan guy is not to blame about conspiracy talk about the will. We only need to look where did it all started, yes Jackson's. The estate needs to sue Jackson's for slandering.

This is the link to the court documents showing that Michael's estate paid about $1 million in funeral expenses and reimbursed Janet the $49,000 + that she paid in advance as a deposit.

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/Michael Jackson Funeral.pdf

I dont believe in karma but frankly janet and the family deserve everything they get for what they have done to mj this past few years. if they can get treated and go through 1% of what they have put mj and the kids through this last three years then good.

This is the link to the court documents showing that Michael's estate paid about $1 million in funeral expenses and reimbursed Janet the $49,000 + that she paid in advance as a deposit.
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/default/files/Michael Jackson Funeral.pdf

Thanks for posting the link. i was reading it in other site but it wasn't as detailed as this one.
Yeah, Michael paid wardrobe for the family too, wonder if Janet paid her own and that was the cost she didn't seek payback from estate, or did she pay for donuts @ $8/ each, ordered from east cost for the "party":D

Bubs, sorry I had to edit your quote a bit as it was so long! But yeah, I wonder what it is she didn't seek reimbursement from the Estate? The outfits and accessories she bought and wore for the memorial and funeral? It's Janet Jackson after all, and she has no excuse like the rest of the family to depend on someone else to pay for her wardrobe. Even for the family that was low...

No worries about editing my post, i do that all the time when I want to reply only certain part of the posts:D

I still wonder why Janet gets so upset when there is talk about her money?
She didn't deny the fact that she, LaToya and Katherine went ransack the house after Michael's death, nor in her previous statement she said nothing about granny-napping, and why she didn't let kids to talk to their granny, which in my opinion makes her look as bad as if she hold up MJ's funeral? Strange that it is only when money comes in to picture she'll makes her pr person to issue a statement.

Vanity Fair is a disgusting rag--full of gossip, scandal, and glossy photos. Apparently Maureen Orth has not finished writing trash about Michael for VF either b/c she is supposedly coming out with another article in 2013. I guess her five previous smears weren't enough?? She has also written a recent attack on Tom Cruise for VF. What's with Graydon Carter, the editor--why does he publish such garbage? WHY do these people get to hide behind 'Freedom of the Press"--freedom to lie? Is that what the Founders who wrote the Constitution had in mind with Freedom of the Press?

Where did you read that?

Michael Jackson's Burial Delayed for Months Over Money, New Book Claims

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO and KATIE KINDELAN
Oct. 6, 2012
Pop star Michael Jackson's burial was delayed for three months due to a bitter dispute between his estate and sister Janet Jackson, a new book claims.

Details of the dispute are part of a new book called, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson," by Randall Sullivan. The book does not go on sale until next month but Vanity Fair has released excerpts in the November issue of the magazine.

According to Sullivan, Janet Jackson laid out $40,000 of her own money to have her brother buried at the Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuaries in Glendale, Calif., but refused to let the funeral happen until the money was repaid.

Janet Jackson did not respond to ABC News' request for a comment.

Another story featured in the book tells of a purported mad race among some family members to remove items from Michael's house in the hours after he died on June 25, 2009.

Sullivan reports that Michael's mother, Katherine Jackson, then 79 years old, arrived at the home and telephoned Grace Rwaramba, the recently terminated longtime nanny to Michael's children, asking about the location of money at Michael's home. Rwaramba is said to have described Michael's practice of hiding his cash in black plastic garbage bags and under the carpets.

Sullivan says that he was told by the owner of a private security company that dispatched a team to Michael's home the night of his death that he saw La Toya Jackson and her boyfriend load black plastic garbage bags into duffel bags and place them in the garage. But La Toya would claim that nearly all of her brother's money was gone by the time she arrived at his home.

A spokesperson for La Toya told ABC News that the claims about her are "completely untrue" and that the "boyfriend" Sullivan names in his book is in fact not her boyfriend, but instead her business partner.

Katherine Jackson's lawyer, Sandra Ribera, told ABC News, "Katherine Jackson's number one priority since the death of her son Michael has been the well being of Michael's children. The implication that on the night of her son's death Mrs. Jackson would be doing anything other than grieving with and consoling her grandchildren is simply ridiculous."

Sullivan's book also claims to shed light onto Katherine Jackson's alleged "abduction" this past summer in which the family matriarch was taken to Arizona from her home in Calabasas, Calif., - where she has lived with Michael's three children, Paris, 15, Prince Michael, 14, and Prince Michael II "Blanket," 10, since the late singer died. Three of her children cited her need for a "short vacation and rest."

Sullivan reports that a representative for Katherine Jackson said it was Janet who arranged for a doctor to go to her mother's home to examine Katherine. The doctor then advised her not to take a trip to New Mexico by car to see her sons' "Unity Tour."
The next morning, Sullivan reports, Katherine Jackson was taken to the airport by her daughter, Rebbie, her granddaughter, Stacee Brown, and her personal assistant. But instead of taking a plane to New Mexico, she was sent to a spa in Arizona where Janet was waiting for her. During this same time, five of Katherine's children, including Janet, wrote a letter to the executors of Michael's will, claiming she had suffered a mini-stroke and threatening them with legal action.

Sullivan reports that Katherine's representatives believed that these five Jackson siblings were now trying to demonstrate her incompetence to be the guardian of Michael's three children, ages 15, 14 and 10, obtain conservatorship over Katherine, and gain access to the late singer's fortune.

Paris Jackson took to Twitter asking the public's help in locating her grandmother because she was missing. Paris said she had not had any communication with her grandmother in days, which was out of character for her to go anywhere and not keep in contact with her grandchildren. Paris accused family members of taking Katherine away from her grandchildren.

A few days later, Katherine Jackson, in an exclusive appearance with ABC News from the Arizona resort, read a prepared statement, saying she was not abducted, especially not by anyone in her own family.

Reading from a paper on July 25 with three of her children, Jermaine, Janet and Rebbie, seated next to her, Jackson debunked rumors that she had been kidnapped. However, in her absence, a judge granted guardianship of the late singer's three children to Katherine's 34-year-old grandson, Tito "TJ" Jackson.

Shortly after returning to her home in California, Katherine Jackson said she was "duped" into going to the spa in Arizona and was kept from communicating with her three grandchildren, according to court documents that were filed as she attempted to become the kids' legal guardian again.

Then, just days after TJ, the son of Jackson's son, Tito, was granted guardianship, Katherine Jackson was reinstated as guardian of the three children and announced in late July an agreement with "TJ" in which she would be seeking joint guardianship with her grandson.

In response, Randy Jackson, another of Katherine's sons, told ABC News that the agreement was based on "lies."

"In order to obtain temporary guardianship, TJ lied to the court. Rebbie, Janet, Jermaine and I would never harm our mother and we are doing our best to protect her and the estate knows that," Randy said in an exclusive statement to ABC News.

On Aug. 22, a California judge ruled in Katherine and TJ Jackson's favor, appointing them co-guardians of Michael's children. The judge made the ruling despite a last minute, in-court plea from a woman, Debra Jackson, who claimed to be Michael's cousin and asked the judge to delay the appointment of TJ Jackson as permanent co-guardian because she and her son were abruptly cut off from the lives of the children, which the woman described as "cruel and not in their best interest and well-being."

"It's clear to me that the children have a very strong, loving relationship with TJ and that they love the grandmother very much," Judge Mitchell Beckloff said

Less than one week after the ruling, on Aug. 31, all three of Michael's kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket, traveled to Gary, Ind., with La Toya to mark what would have been their father's 54th birthday in his hometown.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...d-janet/story?id=17402362&page=3#.UHAn90LrGLU

"A spokesperson for La Toya told ABC News that the claims about her are "completely untrue" and that the "boyfriend" Sullivan names in his book is in fact not her boyfriend, but instead her business partner."

Who takes business partner with them when they are going to "empty" dead brothers house after his passes?
LaToya is lying, Janet gave an interview on telly in which she said they went there and emptied the place.

Katherine Jackson's lawyer, Sandra Ribera, told ABC News, "Katherine Jackson's number one priority since the death of her son Michael has been the well being of Michael's children. The implication that on the night of her son's death Mrs. Jackson would be doing anything other than grieving with and consoling her grandchildren is simply ridiculous."

Yeah right, she was busy going in to courts asking to be named to administrator for MJ's estate.
Her number 1 priority kids well-being! Really Katherine? I guess she and her spokes woman thinks we are blind, deaf and stupid.

There are as many lies coming from Jackson as from Sullivan:doh:

I understand why the Estate doesn't call out the family regarding their actions, it's tawdry and looks worse in print. I must say, however, I resent the luncheon given after the Staples Center Memorial being called a party. It is an American tradition to have a Repast (often misspelled as repass) after the funeral service. The Repast was designed to help a family begin the process of healing and receiving comfort from neighbors and family. In poor communities the neighbors or church members would bring the food to the Repast. I understand that in the Jackson's case, because the invitees were high profile, it was held in a Beverly Hills restaurant and was of course expensive.

Jacksons must be upest releasing all these statements. Touch a raw nerve did it latoya. jeffery offering mjs home videos as apart of the tribute concert. just fell over them did he?!

kjs priority was doing a deal with mann as soon as her son was burried and selling her grandkids to the highest bidder. ive never seen such deluded lairs in my life. talk about saying anything to make themself look good

regardless of whether rogers right or not. i have to laugh at how hes acting like some jealous old .... writing articles saying how bad this book is like the author is treading on his toes talking about HIS subject.. green eyed monster or what lol

I thought the same thing!

It's so cringe worthy to think people like Howard Mann, Brian Oxman, and Thome Thome are quoted as "inside sources" and all 3 are anti-Estate Executor's!

161900_189367664411844_6423503_n.jpg
w0009797.jpg

Thome-Thome-021912.jpg

Bubs;3720634 said:
"A spokesperson for La Toya told ABC News that the claims about her are "completely untrue" and that the "boyfriend" Sullivan names in his book is in fact not her boyfriend, but instead her business partner."

Who takes business partner with them when they are going to "empty" dead brothers house after his passes?
LaToya is lying, Janet gave an interview on telly in which she said they went there and emptied the place.

Yeah right, she was busy going in to courts asking to be named to administrator for MJ's estate.
Her number 1 priority kids well-being! Really Katherine? I guess she and her spokes woman thinks we are blind, deaf and stupid.

There are as many lies coming from Jackson as from Sullivan:doh:

I would never understand why she's denying her relationship with Jeffre

From Jermaine's book

In fact, La Toya’s boyfriend Jeffre Phillips stayed at the house overnight by himself for two weeks, presumably as a presence to guard against vultures.

I guess Katherine's lawyer hasn't read Latoya's book in which she wrote

"At about 11:30 PM Randy, Jeffre, I & Ron Boyd arrived at Carolwood house. 30 min later Mother & Trent showed up. Janet arrived as soon as her plane from New York landed in Los Angeles""

Also Jermaine's book

The house where Michael died was in Carolwood Drive, Holmby Hills, a neighborhood next to Beverly Hills. It was a mansion that AEG had rented for Michael and his children during rehearsals after he had first stayed at the Bel Air Hotel the previous month. I couldn’t face going there after his death. None of the brothers could. In our numbed state, we came together at my house andcomforted one another. Meanwhile, Mother, Janet and La Toya felt this need to be there.

ivy;3720857 said:
Also Jermaine's book

The house where Michael died was in Carolwood Drive, Holmby Hills, a neighborhood next to Beverly Hills. It was a mansion that AEG had rented for Michael and his children during rehearsals after he had first stayed at the Bel Air Hotel the previous month. I couldn’t face going there after his death. None of the brothers could. In our numbed state, we came together at my house andcomforted one another. Meanwhile, Mother, Janet and La Toya felt this need to be there.

The thought of these vultures going through MJ's stuff looking for money is sickening. Remember during the trial they showed messy pictures of MJ's bedroom with clothes all over the floor....it was probably them. The LAPD failed miserably.

Ivy, do you know if Randy has finally handed over MJ's suitcase he stole from the house? I know AEG wanted it

I don't feel sorry for the Jacksons. I feel sorry for Michael's kids that they have to see this stuff.

Last edited:
elusive moonwalker;3720746 said:
Jacksons must be upest releasing all these statements. Touch a raw nerve did it latoya. jeffery offering mjs home videos as apart of the tribute concert. just fell over them did he?!

kjs priority was doing a deal with mann as soon as her son was burried and selling her grandkids to the highest bidder. ive never seen such deluded lairs in my life. talk about saying anything to make themself look good

Where did you find out Jeffre was offering MJ's home-videos as part of tribute concert?
I wonder if PPB is aware of that their home videos are with LaToya's boyfriend?
Somebody should tweet to Latoya and Paris about it, and videos should be given back to PPB.
Deluded is not quite right word to describe them, I just call it as it is, liars.

ivy;3720857 said:
I would never understand why she's denying her relationship with Jeffre

From Jermaine's book

In fact, La Toya’s boyfriend Jeffre Phillips stayed at the house overnight by himself for two weeks, presumably as a presence to guard against vultures.

I guess Katherine's lawyer hasn't read Latoya's book in which she wrote

"At about 11:30 PM Randy, Jeffre, I & Ron Boyd arrived at Carolwood house. 30 min later Mother & Trent showed up. Janet arrived as soon as her plane from New York landed in Los Angeles""

Also Jermaine's book

"presumably as a presence to guard against vultures."

Yeah, those vultures came from family. Didn't Rebbie too pay visit to house, she sold MJ's stuff at ebay?

Jermaine is not right either, he wrote that none of the brothers went there, but Randy did.
I'm pissed of that none of these news outlets bother to call out Jackson's bullshit:angry:
They give Jackson's outlet to lie as much they like but nobody really call out their lies.

and seemingly what Randy stole from the house wasn't enough, he also put claim against The Estate.

I was reading Mj and Justice for some blog
http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.ie/2012/10/disproving-randall-sullivan-part-one.html
The very last paragraph:
In addition, the last expense, $24,783.62 was reimbursed to The Ranjack Group, which is associated with Randy Jackson.

Randy is president of this company or what ever it is!
From LA Superior court, MJ's case summary: RANJACK GROUP INC. - Claimant

Do any of these family members do anything just for out of love for their brother? They couldn't even sing in their own organised tribute concert without getting paid!

The guy who wrote the book about the tribute said they were offered mjs videos from jeffery that came from carolwood but turned them down cause of issues of who owned them.

yes it pisses me off no end why the media continue to let them spew. And only us seeing their lies. no different to the allegations. the media have their agenda and will never call out those that help pushing their agenda against mj

i saw jerms book in a supermarket and saw some review comments on the front of it from uk papers. its was only a few lines like they do to promote it. cant remember the exact wording but it was something like the closest to the truth from inside the family. i had to laugh. even more so when jerm claims jeff went there to protect against the vultures lol. jeff and the family are the vultures. deluded lairs

^Honestly its time the Estate investigates them for theft. They have no rights or ownership over any of Michael's belongings from the Carolwood Drive house. Those belong to Michael's kids. They should look into the available legal options to recover the stolen items, just as they are doing with Tohme and Michael's art. There is enough evidence and statements from third party to do so.

Bubs;3721238 said:
Yeah, those vultures came from family. Didn't Rebbie too pay visit to house, she sold MJ's stuff at ebay?

Yes she did. She sold gifts Michael had got from fans. One piece was some kind of snow globe and we tried hard to help the girl who gave it to him to get it back, but the auction house said that all she could do was to make a bid for it because Rebbie didn´t want to take it off the auction. In the end it was to expensive for the girl to get it back. :(

Back