*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

Re: *UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (performances mentioned)

Very interesting stuff..I really can't wait to see this..

The Smooth Criminal Dome Project thing sounds really cool.

You can tell he was so much more invested in this than he was in the MSG shows... I know they were just a one-off, but even still... MJ has never made brand new music videos just for a concert before...

MKGenie - does MJ mime to the demo version of Earth Song?

it said on the web site that Who Is It was gonna be on the set list...i'm mad..real mad...Joe Jackson...:(

Thank you so much mkgenie for your info. Really appreciate it. I just have one simple question. It seems to me from the trailer and the pictures that Michael never actually performed these songs in full costume. In most of the footage, if not all..he's wearing a combination of weird outfits..(like red pants and gold jackets..) Does he ever actually perform any of the songs in the movie with full costume? Like does he wear the red beat it jacket during beat it? And does he wear the billie jean 'costume' during the song? Thanks.

Hey mkgenie this is interesting info.. thanks..

Question for ya... What do you mean by "almost live" and "almost not live" for Human Nature and Smooth Criminal? I dont understand..

Also I find it weird that not ALL of the J5 medley and WBSS are live....

Any thoughts mkgenie?
yeah that's what i'm wondering

Wow, thank you mkgenie for your snippits of information; this sounds great :-D

Interesting that you say it is "weak" as a documentary but the performances will blow us away - that's exactly what we (the fans) wanted: LOTS of rehearsal footage and less documentary and talking heads!! :)

So is the MJ edited into the b&w film noir footage 2009 MJ in Smooth Criminal attire, or edited from the original short film?

MkGenie - how many boxes of Kleenex would a fan need???..

If Sony are struggling for what to fill CD2 of the OST with, surely What About Us (Demo) would be the most logical and relevant inclusion, given what mkgenie has said?

I'd personally prefer stuff we've never heard before.

I'd personally prefer stuff we've never heard before.

Oh yes, I would too, but given how the OST is meant to be representative of the film, I would prefer relevant bonus tracks over random inclusions (like She's Out Of My Life Demo, which wasn't even rehearsed for the TII tour).

Best of all would of course be a Live album (or studio edits of 'Live' arrangements), but this doesn't seem to be happening either.

I also hope to see Dirty Diana and Will You Be There .... :(

We can only hope that Sony are reading these fan forums, and see for themselves the potential a Live Soundtrack could have.

Fans will buy it.

They need to put out some form of multi-DVD collectors box with hours of unedited material.
I just wish someone could steal it all and leak it (just like Justin Timberlake's Justified studio sessions were)

It feels such a waste of art that Sony has hundreds of hours of material and just gonna release 1½ hour of it.

Dangerous, and Who Is It aren't included .... and BAD ???? NO no no I do not Like this ...:doh:

OH MY!!!! My head is reeling...oh my God, this is like...i dont even know what to say...i just cant wait...but at the same time, i wish i was seeing him LIVE!

I LOVE YOU MOST MICHAEL!!!

Love,
Romi

One lame question that I cant not ask... do u see Michael busting the MOONWALK?

Why partially live?

Most of the songs in the movie are montages from various performaces of different rehearsal dates.

They just edited them together to become a complete song performance.

Now you understand?

many people think that it is a complete concert, but It is not. It is pieces of songs rehearsed on different days put together with the aid of technology and we not even see a complete song. This is a bit worrying.
Don't know how I will feel.
I dont think this will be a Good Christmas gift..

Thank you so much mkgenie for your info. Really appreciate it. I just have one simple question. It seems to me from the trailer and the pictures that Michael never actually performed these songs in full costume. In most of the footage, if not all..he's wearing a combination of weird outfits..(like red pants and gold jackets..) Does he ever actually perform any of the songs in the movie with full costume? Like does he wear the red beat it jacket during beat it? And does he wear the billie jean 'costume' during the song? Thanks.

They are not real stage costume, just his daily costume.

The dress rehearsal with full costume include: Earth Song, Smooth Criminal

Maybe that's all.

He didn't even wear billie jean 'costume'

what a pity.

Stop spoiling please : )

They are not real stage costume, just his daily costume.
He didn't even wear billie jean 'costume'

what a pity.

But isnt there a picture of him wearing it on the 'This Is It' poster?

Why partially live?

Most of the songs in the movie are montages from various performaces of different rehearsal dates.

They just edited them together to become a complete song performance.

Now you understand?

Hmm ...I still don´t really know what you mean with partially live.

If you say for example Human Nature is partially live does it mean the performance is a montage from various Human Nature performances that were all sung live??
If it´s so than in the end the performance of Human Nature was 100% live only edited together. So what does partially live mean??Does it mean they show one clip where he is singing live and another clip where he is miming and than another clip where he is singing live again and than another clip where he is miming and so on and edited all together into one song like Human Nature.

Excuse me but..who in the hell said Michael was not a dancer?! Have you never seen a Michael Jackson concert/performance?! he is an AMAZING dancer. Not only his choreographed stuff, he is fantastic when he just FEELS the music and lets go! When the music goes into his brain and you see it expressed through his body. His movement, his lines, his grace, his energy, his control yet his fluidity, and his AMAZING footwork is what we strive to get anywhere as good as! He is MASSIVE in the dance community. Ask any professional dancer who their inspiration was/is and they will say Michael Jackson! I GUARANTEE nobody will mention Elvis or Prince! Haven't you heard dancers and artists talking about Michael's dancing. They are in awe of him. I should know..I am around dancers. I can't believe someone would say MJ was not a dancer just because he had some ballads!! - That is laughable.

vent over.

Excuse me but..who in the hell said Michael was not a dancer?! Have you never seen a Michael Jackson concert/performance?! he is an AMAZING dancer. Not only his choreographed stuff, he is fantastic when he just FEELS the music and lets go! When the music goes into his brain and you see it expressed through his body. His movement, his lines, his grace, his energy, his control yet his fluidity, and his AMAZING footwork is what we strive to get anywhere as good as! He is MASSIVE in the dance community. Ask any professional dancer who their inspiration was/is and they will say Michael Jackson! I GUARANTEE nobody will mention Elvis or Prince! Haven't you heard dancers and artists talking about Michael's dancing. They are in awe of him. I should know..I am around dancers. I can't believe someone would say MJ was not a dancer just because he had some ballads!! - That is laughable.

vent over.

??? Of course he is a great dancer I think he is up there with the great ones the innovators like
James Brown, Jackie Wilson etc etc.
For me James Brown is the greatest Music-Dancer ever.

Rudolf Chametowitsch Nurejew was the greatest dancer ever!! Noone can beat him!When it comes to dancing he is on a whole nother level on another universe. THe King of the Kings.

But it´s all a matter of taste.
The thing is I don´t care very much for MJ dancing. I´m in love with his voice. Some dances I find ok other like the They don´t care about us routine not so good looks silly. But again it´s all a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

mkgenie: how do you know this?

MJ is a dancer??? Really?? Where is he dancing on songs like-You are not alone, Heal the World, Earth Song, Man in the Mirror?? LOL Beyonce is dancing like crazy and still singing live. Prince not a dancer?? He was dancing during his Lovesexy Tour more than MJ during Bad. During Bad MJ wasn´t dancing very much. Have you seen Jackie Wilson??
I don´t like the strict choreography Mike. I hate strict choreography. I love the freestyle Destiny, Triumph Victory Mike.
I don´t like strict choreography like he did on They don´t care about us. I dig freestyle dancing like Jackie Wilson James Brown did. I hate backgrounddancers-it is more for boygroups.

Sure, MJ didn't dance on every track.
BUT the point is Michael Jackson is celebrated as being a great dancer, and as a dancer he was incredibly influential. That is why shows like America's Best Dance Crew are dedicated to Mike. In the most recent episode of 'Strictly Come Dancing' in the UK, the host announced a tribute to the 'great singer and dancer'!. It is why 'Diversity' (a dance group) did an MJ tribute during the Mobos. It is why all the top choreographers joined Janet in her MJ tribute at the VMAs. It is why the BBC are running a new programme to find the best MJ dancer. Fred Astair even acknowledged Mike's dancing ability. Michael Jackson as a dancer is right up their with the dancing greats. To think he isn't is just crazy!

Mkgenie, Just to bring it to your attention again:)

Great, thans for all the info mkgenie!

-I have some more questions:
The songs that weren't live (or partially live).. did they use the original album vocals (like they did with the HIStory Tour) and then Michael playbacked to them??

-What about the documentary itself? You said it wasn't great, but... does it have any great MJ images of him talking, laughing, playing around?

I'm so excited about this.. it sounds great. But wait.. no Who Is It after all??

Back