*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

Re: *UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (performances mentioned)

wen i first started watching MJ live, i didnt notice that he lip synced some songs, its only after mutiple viewings you realise or even pay attention to that.

It seems that the media totally overlooked the fact that MJ was lyp-syncing the whole History Concert. Otherwise they would have criticize him very much.

I´m really afraid that they will criticize him this time.What do you think?

I mean movie critics from around the world will see the movie and write a review. So they will go into every detail and maybe criticize the lyp-syncing.
Do you think the average movie goer will even notice the lyp-syncing??

Do you understand the fact that this film is NOT a concert? The assorted rehearsal excerpts they include are just one part of the overall film which was made to chronicle the entire production process while offering commentary by those who worked with him. Trying to compare this film to MSG, HIStory, or the Dangerous rehearsals seems bizarre since this footage was never meant to be shown in the form of a concert, nor as a full dress rehearsal. Kenny Ortega, Randy Phillips, and the dancers also commented how Michael was told to conserve his voice during rehearsals but they were still surprised by how much he sang live.

So, no, I do not believe that the average movie goer will notice, let alone care, what is or is not sung live since again that is just one aspect of the overall documentary. Given the history of your posts I suspect that even if 95% of the included songs were performed live you'd continue to complain about the other 5%... Tiring.

Do you understand the fact that this film is NOT a concert? The assorted rehearsal excerpts they include are just one part of the overall film

Just one part?? It´s the main part of the movie!
I understand your point. But mkgenie told us the documentary part is very small and not so great it´s all about the performance in the movie.

Lupus causes lung damage and today the AP report stated :" Most serious was his lungs, which the autopsy report said were chronically inflamed and had reduced capacity that might have left him short of breath."

I think poor Mj wasn´t able to sing a whole concert live because his lung was serious damaged in the later years. This is the reason for the Lip-Syncing.

Mkgenie......

i have a question, by saying, he will blow us away, in the ending of i just cant stop loving you, do u mean vocally?.....

also, did you see the new move michael was working on? are we going too see any suprises during the billie jean performance?

@MKgenie

Now that you´ve seen the movie. What do you think will the critics write. Do you aspect good or bad reviews from movie magazines.

And another point. You were one of the first people in the world to see MJ in HD.
How was it to see the footage in HD quality???

I can understand why Dirty Diana isnt featured in the movie, one can only cross thy fingers and pray its on the DVD, in the extras section.

MKgenie, I have ONE question for you,

Are there any 3D scenes in the movie!?

Lupus causes lung damage and today the AP report stated :" Most serious was his lungs, which the autopsy report said were chronically inflamed and had reduced capacity that might have left him short of breath."

I think poor Mj wasn´t able to sing a whole concert live because his lung was serious damaged in the later years. This is the reason for the Lip-Syncing.

Well there you finally have your answer, although a sad one..

There are no 3D scenes in the movie as of yet.

^as of at all! Source: Kenny Ortega.

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before, but I really don't have time now to read thru all 21 pages of this thread. In the song "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" is it sung with Judith Hill??? If so, that's what's gonna blow people away !!! OMG!!! You'll see!

He lip-synched at the 30th anniversary special in New-York, and most media commentators didn't comment on it. It seems most didn't notice it, or didn't care.

He sang the J5 medley live

He lip-synched at the 30th anniversary special in New-York, and most media commentators didn't comment on it. It seems most didn't notice it, or didn't care.

The Jacksons/J5 songs were live, some of the solo stuff was lip-synced (BoW), some pre-recorded (wasn't Beat It deeper than the album version?), some had live adlibs (BJ), some was half-and-half (YRMW) and some was live but edited in post production (the intro to TWYMMF was live on the night, just watch a youtube clip).

MKgenie,

I just want to personally thank you for sharing so much amazing information about the "This Is It" film. You have been really incredible about giving us so many great details, I really appreciate it!

I really can't remember the last time that I have been this excited about going to any film and I am literally marking off the days on my calendar daily now, counting down to the premiere.

Again, Thank You So Much MKgenie for all of the great information, you are awesome!

I can't wait!!!

Levi

are there more fireworks other than during the opener ?

Thank you Mkgenie for posting this information.

hmm... this information differs from what I've been told from my source.

Go on...

(but bare in mind that mkgenie has admitted to watching only the first draft - certain scenes/songs may have been added taken out since).

I don't know much, but I have a friend who works at IMAX who said that she oversaw what was being worked on. She also told me not to tell anyone so I'm going to respect that. What I can say is that according to her B&W was near the beginning.

Kenny may have had a shuffle with the setlist in the editing room, perhaps? May explain why Who Is It is listed on the official twitter song-list.

Hey..wasn't this thread 28 pages like yesterday?? What happend to all of the subsequent posts??

Hey..wasn't this thread 28 pages like yesterday?? What happend to all of the subsequent posts??

Seems the forum has had a little spring clean... my post-count declined by 17 posts overnight!!

Seems the forum has had a little spring clean... my post-count declined by 17 posts overnight!!

Yea, seems like it. Man, I really wanted to know the answer to a question I asked last night. I forgot who mentioned it but someone was talking about the "transformers fighting" opening of the song unbreakable on the invincible album..and I had no idea what that was about, but I'm really curious..

LOL, as coincidence would have it - that was me!! "Transformers fighting" was simply my own mad interpretation of the metallic roaring and clashing sounds heard at the very beginning of Unbreakable... it all sound very futuristic and robotic, at least imo. I just imagined that it was clearly designed with a short film in mind (like the intro to BorW).

LOL, as coincidence would have it - that was me!! "Transformers fighting" was simply my own mad interpretation of the metallic roaring and clashing sounds heard at the very beginning of Unbreakable... it all sound very futuristic and robotic, at least imo. I just imagined that it was clearly designed with a short film in mind (like the intro to BorW).

What a coincidence indeed :)! Oh I see, so you were just describing the sound in the intro..I thought it actually had something to do with transformers..lol. But I agree, I wouldn't be surprised if that intro was done with some form of visualization in mind..

Yeah, the reboot was only from Oct 2nd, so any posts from the 3rd-5th are gone I think...

Yeah, the reboot was only from Oct 2nd, so any posts from the 3rd-5th are gone I think...

Oh I see..that would explain things. Cool..so how're you doin :D?

Then your source is terribly wrong as I saw final cut

Back