*UPDATE* True Setlist of This Is It the Movie (*spoilers* plz avoid this thread as much as possible)

Arty, I've about HAD IT WITH YOUR SNIDE PUTDOWNS OF MICHAEL.

Please, take a fucking break. give yourself a day or two off. this is getting ridiculous. are you a fan of Michael Jackson or not? oh, and, please don't give me that tired old song and dance about being a fan of his MUSIC AND HIS VOICE. your constant comparisons of Mike with the others do not do you any favors. just let it go, please.

see, you are a fan, or you're not. period.

I don't think you are. you really are not. you're not a fan of Michael Jackson. so what the hell are you doing on this board?

oh, and, just in case you plan on keeping on lying to yourself. just read the bolded part above and you'll know the answer.

geez louise! good NIGHT!!

Thank you...

Arty, you seriously need some help, please open up another topic for your lip-sync issues.. This is not the place for your useless cry for live singing. I'm getting sick of it and so is everybody else..

Why can't you just be happy to even get to see the footage? We should all feel lucky that AEG decided to sell the tapes so they can make it into a movie for the whole world to see.

Just sit down, take a cup of joe, and relax.... dude, seriously, stop it....

hmm! now what is this topic about again? lol! may be he did sing the song but it got edited out. It is a movie after all and his shows were like 2 and 1/2 hrs long. The movie is shorter and they will have some flashback etc. so we should be thankful we are getting to see him on the big screen. I would of perferred if he had nothing to do with AEG or $ONY but there you go!! he did.

hey mkgenie is there a way u can tell us how it starts out plz? thanks in advance!!

-Dal

People (or some of them) need to get over the fact that this is the movie setlist - not the entire rehearsals setlist. Obviously he rehearsed a lot of songs, but we may get a few more on the DVD/Bluray. Or at least I hope we will lol one can dream!

I like it, really, though I think that "Don't stop 'til you get enough" should have been chosen over the J5 medley and "Jam" should be the opening (personal opinions, of course).

Looking forward to the home releases! I REALLY hope they'll give us more, as it seems he rehearsed a lot of songs (including but not limited to the aforementioned "Don't stop...", "Dirty Diana", "Rock with you", "Will you be there", etc).

Edit/PS.: Oh, how could I forget "Bad"? It's damn classic, it should have been in too (not just a short segment).

Last edited:
I have a question:

For all the songs, is it like a real performance, with him dancing to one whole songs at one rehearsal, or is it clips of him singing and dancing at different rehearsals?

korgnex also has great sources...

his setlist:

* Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
* Speechless
* Bad
* Smooth Criminal
* Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
* Jam
* They Don't Care About Us
* HIStory
* The Way You Make Me Feel
* I'll Be There
* Human Nature
* I Want You Back
* The Love You Save
* Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
* I Just Can't Stop Loving You
* Thriller
* Threatened
* Who Is It
* Beat It
* Black Or White
* Earth Song
* Billie Jean
* Man In The Mirror
* This Is It

We're getting conflicting reports... I don't think we'll know the true setlist of the film until we actually go and see it.

Mkgenie

so what do you say to the korgnex setlist???

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
* Speechless
* Bad
* Smooth Criminal
* Jam
* HIStory
* I'll Be There
* Human Nature
* I Want You Back
* The Love You Save
* Thriller
* Threatened
* Who Is It
* Beat It
* Black Or White
* Earth Song
* Billie Jean
* Man In The Mirror
* This Is It

I think mkgenie's like..the hell with this thread, lol :lol:

* Who Is It
* Beat It
* Black Or White
* Earth Song
* Billie Jean
* Man In The Mirror

wow some of my favourite songs all in a row, if this setlist is true I think I might explode lol

Mkgenie vs korgnex

Who is the better insider????

MKgenie

are you really sure the Way You Make me Feel performance was live?

Because in the trailer we hear a playback. I know you only watched the movie twice and sometimes it is really hard to tell if it is live or not but if you think backwards what is your opinion now seeing the trailer with a playback performance?

Now that we have seen the amazing Human Nature Trailer-I would love to know if there is another vocal performance in the movie as good as the human nature one.
Is the human nature vocal performance the best one in the movie???

Here's what I don't get..why was it said that MJ had done a full dress rehearsal a day or two before he passed? I remember Randy Philips saying so. Is this indeed the case or not because it seemse from those who have seen the film (if it is indeed the final cut) that he only has full dress for smooth criminal and earth song. But what about songs like the way you make me feel for example where he has the blue shirt on..or some black or white clips where it seems he has a white open shirt and black pants? And the billie jean pic on the poster..is that a hoax?...It's going to be the longest two weeks ever..can't wait!

Here's what I don't get..why was it said that MJ had done a full dress rehearsal a day or two before he passed? I remember Randy Philips saying so. Is this indeed the case or not because it seemse from those who have seen the film (if it is indeed the final cut) that he only has full dress for smooth criminal and earth song. But what about songs like the way you make me feel for example where he has the blue shirt on..or some black or white clips where it seems he has a white open shirt and black pants? And the billie jean pic on the poster..is that a hoax?...It's going to be the longest two weeks ever..can't wait!

Good question!

I want Korgnex's setlist to be real. It has Who Is It for starters.

Both set-lists aren't *that* different - the Thriller/Ghosts/Threatened medley could just be referred to as Thriller, same as the j5 Medley. mkgenie already said that the Speechless acappella was really short... the only difference is where Korgnex has positioned Bad, and, of course: Who Is It... which the Official Twitter page has said is in the film, but the OST omits....

Mkgenie

so what do you say to the korgnex setlist???

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
* Speechless
* Bad
* Smooth Criminal
* Jam
* HIStory
* I'll Be There
* Human Nature
* I Want You Back
* The Love You Save
* Thriller
* Threatened
* Who Is It
* Beat It
* Black Or White
* Earth Song
* Billie Jean
* Man In The Mirror
* This Is It

mine is correct.

his is not

NO Who Is It NO Dirty Diana

I repeat it for the last time

MKGenie, does the aspect ratio change (like the trailer) or remain the same?

Mkgenie vs korgnex

Who is the better insider????
haha

I can type a quote from Michael Jackson here, word for word:

Michael said:

"I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet. Because the planet is sick. Like a fever. If we don't fix it now, it's at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have... where it's like a runaway train...and the time has come. This is it. "

"People are always saying, they think: 'They'll take care of it. The government'll deal-- Don't worry. They'll--' 'They' who? It starts with us. It's us. Or else it'll never be done."

when you hear the exact quote in the movie

you will know who's better insider.

Back