Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

I don't see anything wrong with interview Debbie, but it would be a bit hypocritical in her part because she was always the one who claimed to have made Michael put masks on the kids and now they are all going Oprah having a jolly great time!

I don't see how it would be hypocritical of Debbie. She's not the guardian of the children, it's not her decision to make, it's Katherine's.

I don't see how it would be hypocritical of Debbie. She's not the guardian of the children, it's not her decision to make, it's Katherine's.

She is their legal parent. Regardless...she has a say.

There is no way Debbie will do an Oprah interview...The estate will shut her payments down faster than she can hop on one of her horses.

I remember a few years back, MJ stopped her payments because she did an interview with Entertainment Tonight. MJ was pissed, even though she did not mention the kids or him in the interview.

MJ was smart to get that clause in there...enough interview for F**k's sake.

She is their legal parent. Regardless...she has a say.

I don't think that she has any say. Katherine got the custody , all Debbie got is visitation rights.

I think "hypocritical" was in the sense that she wouldn't want her kids to be interviewed but yet doing an interview with the person (Oprah) that interviewed her kids would be hypocritical.

However even if that was the case I don't think that blaming Oprah (and/or any media) will be right. Oprah (and/or any media) would want to interview the kids of course, but they couldn't do if if they weren't allowed.

side note : I do not think that the masks were Debbie's idea, IMO she wasn't making any decisions regarding the kids from the start. I believe that saying the masks were her idea was her way of defending Michael.

Michael Jackson's Mother To Tell All On 'Oprah'

Late King of Pop's father, Joe, and his three children also set to join Katherine during hour-long November 8 episode.

Oprah Winfrey is closing out her long-running talk show's final season with a bang. So far, Winfrey has scored hard-to-get interviews with the likes of "Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling, featured a much sought-after reunion of the cast of "The Sound of Music" and on November 8 will dedicate a full hour to a Jackson family tell-all special.

According to The Associated Press, Winfrey recently visited the Jackson family home in Encino, California, for an extensive sit-down with matriarch Katherine Jackson. A rep for Harpo Productions confirmed the air date for next Monday with MTV News. Jackson's father, Joe, as well as his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket, will also appear during a "backyard visit" taped for the episode. Katherine will reportedly discuss the day her son died and reflect on his life as a child star.

Gossip website X17 Online reported that it is still unclear how many other members of the family will be featured, but that several relatives, including Randy Jackson, were not informed about the interviews so as to avoid any possible confrontations.

The site also reported that the show's producers are still trying to secure an interview with the mother of two of Jackson's children, Debbie Rowe. Other topics that may be addressed during the one-hour special include Katherine's wrongful death civil lawsuit against promoter AEG and the family's legal woes with Michael's estate.

The rep for Harpo did not comment on attempts to secure an interview with Rowe, but said there were no plans to extend the one-hour episode into two shows.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1651293/20101101/jackson_michael.jhtml

Debbie is not going to give Oprah no interview do they can dead that her friend already address this to me and said she still in mourning and I will not give her close friend Info out her and Mrs.Jackson is close and she is aware of this interview with his mother and kids have a nice day>>>

I don't think that she has any say. Katherine got the custody , all Debbie got is visitation rights.

She retains all her parental rights...therefore she has a say. If she has an issue, she can bring it to Katherine and if they can't agree she could take it to court (worse case scenario). If DR had no say, DCFS wouldn't have contacted, and provided her a copy of their report, her during the stun gun incident.

She can go to court tomorrow morning and ask a court to stop the interview if she wanted to.

It looks like Oprah will not air the kids' interview, so it might not be that big of a deal to DR.

Last edited:
Mariuana;3041806 said:
Oh thank you i didn't see that

:)

Moonwalker.Fan;3041880 said:
The Associated Press
Posted: 11/01/2010 02:52:13 PM PDT
Updated: 11/01/2010 02:52:13 PM PDT

CHICAGO—Katherine Jackson will discuss the death of her son, pop superstar Michael Jackson, in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Harpo Productions said Monday that Winfrey's interview with Jackson's mother will air Nov. 8 on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, and his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson, will also appear during a backyard visit taped for the episode.

Winfrey and Katherine Jackson filmed the interview at the family's home in Encino, Calif. The Chicago-based production company says Katherine Jackson talks about the day her son died and reflects on his life as a childhood star.

Michael Jackson died unexpectedly in June 2009. He gave a famous interview to Winfrey in 1993 in which he first disclosed suffering from the skin condition vitiligo.

God, I'm so fear that interview. :fear:

:( *big sigh*

Prayers for PPB... :pray: :angel:

Re: Update: Air date Nov. 8 th / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

1218158nzjhghgxgwx1h1y.jpg

OPRAH and kids

anyone can get a hi-res photo?

Wow it's true... She really interviewed his kids... Smh....

Well of course Oprah did.

I don't mean this directly at Katherine as I truly do respect her and I think she's been lured into this but...

Damn! Those Jacksons need to much better at looking after the kids!

Still, no matter what, I know the kids will still be shown in good light.

I am sure Mrs.Jackson told Oprah that she can't mention certain things around the kids. Oprah probably asked them how they like school and a few questions about their dad.

I'm pretty sure Mrs. Jackson put her foot down and let Oprah and her team know what she won't take any disrespect from her

oh my. I just hope Oprah won't discuss Michael's final day and the drugs in the kids' presence.

Putting them on Oprah is already disrespectful enough of MJ's wishes. It's noting but using them for everybody's agendas - Oprah getting her high ratings and the Jacksons promoting their stuff and possibly talking about their lawsuits. It's just not right.

Lol!

Omg cute! Look at the kids all happy! With Aunty Oprah! Now ppb you won't know this but Aunty O has been calling your daddy or at least implying he's a kiddie fiddler for ohhh what is it now? 15 years? Fuck me, time does fly!

Annyway enough about that! You tell aunty o how happy you are living with grandma in front of middle America so we can all think you're much better off & normal without silly daddy and his masks. Ohh watch out blanket, fatso finds you funny! She gon eat yo Ass watch out ohhhh haha. Hey kids, you're rich like aunty oprah too! Wow! More lemonade?!? Speak up dear, grandma can't hear your voice over Michaels casket spinning around at FL.

A MURDER HAPPENED
NOT EVEN 18 MONTHS AGO
MJ would NEVER allow this crap.

1218158nzjhghgxgwx1h1y.jpg

OPRAH and kids

anyone can get a hi-res photo?

Wow.

Is this for real? Seriously? Seriously?

I can't.

I just can't.

Shaking my head right now.

I know that MJ did not want his kids in the spotlight, but I actually think it's good that they're getting some air time. At the memorial, Paris' few words about her father was an amazing piece of PR. It showed a new side to MJ that the public never really considered - that perhaps he was a good father after all. Giving the kids some air time, saying the right things could again help improve Mj's reputation as a father and as a person. These kids will always be famous and hounded by the press whatever barriers the Jackson family employ to keep their privacy, so they should embrace it and use it for their own gains. These kids will benefit in the long term if they learn how to handle the media while they're still young. Despite what people say about Mj's great ability to manipulate the media I believe that 95% of it was negative in the last 15 years of his life and he didn't handle the media very well at all. He buried his head in the sand and the bad times got worse. The kids need to know how to handle the media properly and hopefully they'll learn through experiences like this.

I know that MJ did not want his kids in the spotlight, but I actually think it's good that they're getting some air time. At the memorial, Paris' few words about her father was an amazing piece of PR. It showed a new side to MJ that the public never really considered - that perhaps he was a good father after all. Giving the kids some air time, saying the right things could again help improve Mj's reputation as a father and as a person. These kids will always be famous and hounded by the press whatever barriers the Jackson family employ to keep their privacy, so they should embrace it and use it for their own gains. These kids will benefit in the long term if they learn how to handle the media while they're still young. Despite what people say about Mj's great ability to manipulate the media I believe that 95% of it was negative in the last 15 years of his life and he didn't handle the media very well at all. He buried his head in the sand and the bad times got worse. The kids need to know how to handle the media properly and hopefully they'll learn through experiences like this.

They are grieving kids fro Kryss' sake. They can do it when they are older if that is what they want, MJ did not use his kid for his image, others shouldn't either.

It's TACKY...no matter how you slice it. Exploiting young children...is never appropriate.

Is that a microphone on Paris?

bbvx1.jpg

Last edited:

I think it good that all three children are being interviewed together . Just get Joseph out ofthere .

I am so conflicted about this interview. I don't know f I should watch it or not.
I just have a feeling the family is going to talk about things that will hinder their lawsuits (if they discuss those things, which is just not a good move) and if I hear the drugaddict line one more time I swear I will just lose all hope of any real possible lawsuit against Murray.
Not to mention I don't kow if I can watch with the kids involved.

For some reason I can't sit here and act excited. Most likely because Oprah is involved and if the circumstances were different this whole interview wouldn't be happening.
If Michael was behind it all and he was the one to bring is children out like that I would feel more at ease for some reason.
I try to keep an open mind about this interview but the family has done so many questionable things over the past year and a half it's like I'm almost afraid to see/hear what will happen next.

The picture alone makes me shake my head.
I think the kids are smart and probably wonderfull but to see them around Oprah is just..... wrong for some reason.
I don't really see the need of them being there.
Why would Katherine do that? I guess she must have her reasons.
Even if I try there is just a part of me that feels sick about this whole thing.

Of course as a fan another part of me wants to hear what Katherine has to say. Although I think she is being influenced by the wrong people left and right (Just look at the people behind her book for instance)
And I guess it is kind of nice to see the kids.

The whole thing is just confusing to me.

Last edited:

Well the kids may have wanted to speak to her, and if that was the case why should they be denied the right to talk about their father?... I mean we won't know until next Monday. Paris spoke on national tv at her father's service, and P&P both spoke at the Grammy Awards, so is that exploiting grieving children? Let's leave a little bit of room open in our minds to possibly think that the kids may have wanted to speak up.

I fully understand how you all feel about Oprah and her shadiness towards MJ, then to interview his kids, even though she thinks he is a child molester.. smh

Lol!

Omg cute! Look at the kids all happy! With Aunty Oprah! Now ppb you won't know this but Aunty O has been calling your daddy or at least implying he's a kiddie fiddler for ohhh what is it now? 15 years? Fuck me, time does fly!

Annyway enough about that! You tell aunty o how happy you are living with grandma in front of middle America so we can all think you're much better off & normal without silly daddy and his masks.

I agree.... it's so sad.... :no:

I am sure Oprah would spin this thing... The kids being happy, and Oprah commenting over, insinuating that in a way thay are better this way... In fact this thing was already said by one of the Jacksons, I do not remeber wich one though, think Jermaine..? He said that they are living normally now, finally being able to interact more with other kids, blah blah...

But in the future, when they will be grown up, Mike's children would still have the chance to see the naked truth, and be able to see how those manipulations and lies perpetuated and entered their life, after their father death. They would see the biggest hypocrites with their very own eyes. Oprah being one of them... and Quincy, I bet he is visiting too... etc etc

This gives me hope, not all is lost.... For day and days I felt like losing all hope. Now I still got that.

Their own tv shows and words will turn against them, and Mike's kids will discover the truth. :angel:

Last edited:

side note : I do not think that the masks were Debbie's idea, IMO she wasn't making any decisions regarding the kids from the start. I believe that saying the masks were her idea was her way of defending Michael.

I was just going to say that :D When I first saw her telling it,it was clear to me, that she was doing damage control for Michael. And with "I like to invite my guests to my bed - take off your shoes and jump in" -it was too, obvious attempt to take the heat off Michael. IMHO.

And I applaud her for that!

It's amazing to see the two faces of Oprah Winfrey. When her voice mattered when Michael was going through difficult times, she was nowhere to be found. She never once stood up to defend this superstar who -like Oprah- had nothing when he started out and worked hard to get where he was. Oprah out of all people should have understood that with fame come leeches, yes-men and vultures. Yet she turned her back on Michael who once (1992) brought her sky high world wide ratings when she interviewed him live from his Neverland Ranch.

But now, she wants to boast her ratings and act like she's all pro-Jacksons. It's sad.....but on a positive note it's great to see that Michael's children seem to be doing well and looking so beautiful. I am sure he is sitting on his crescent moon smiling down on them with pride and joy.

They are grieving kids fro Kryss' sake. They can do it when they are older if that is what they want, MJ did not use his kid for his image, others shouldn't either.

It's TACKY...no matter how you slice it. Exploiting young children...is never appropriate.

Is that a microphone on Paris?

bbvx1.jpg

I really, really don't know what to say.
I'm in shock.
Now this woman plays the role of the good aunt?
after hurting Michael so much for all these years. Mercyless.
and so now what?

I don't know what to think.

I just wish Michael was here to protect his children, his most valuable treasure, as he always did. And that doesn't mean keep hidding the, but only NEVER USING THEM TO GET ANY ATTENTION OR ANY MONEY.

For God sake, this is just so wrong!! Kids are kids, they are not property to be exposed on TV this way!!!!!

That post is mean. I don't think you realize these are Michael's KIDS. They have no idea about the things you just posted.

I do not believe Michael sat them down and gave them a list of the people that did bad things to him. I think he shielded them as much as he could and possibly wanted to let them know when they were old enough.......not having foreseen....well, June 25th '09.

Sorry, but that is only your guessing. Truth is we don't know about that, we have no idea of what Michael said/never got to say to his children.

But I see your point. They are KIDS, they are being used, for so far, I haven't heard the kids called Oprah asking to be interviewed.

They are being used, no matter what we say, that's the whole point of this thing. For profit.

What a nasty shame.

I cannot believe the gall of Oprah sitting up there laughing and giggling with MJ's kids when she treated MJ like dirt on her shoe. When Mike could've used friends and folks who had the clout to defend him in the media, she had the power but she looked the other way. She could've exposed the set up of ABC/Bashir/ The Arvizo's but she didn't. It was obviously a set up yet no one helped MJ at all. He went to trial and was acquitted and no one said a word about it. It is just so so sad.. Now they are pimping out MJ's kids knowing good and well Mike didn't want them no where near Oprah or the phony media. It's all a shame

Back