Unpopular opinions

But I have realized long ago it doesn't matter what critics, journalists and the makers of these award ceremonies say or do! It's longetivity what matters in determining the quality of an act. Often critics and the media have hyped up acts which have been long forgotten since at the cost of artists who created things those stood the test of time. I very much doubt people will still listen to Beyoncé in 10 years, no matter how much they shower her with Grammys now.

I'm not so sure.

The industry has invested so much into her. She is their golden girl. I'm sure they will subject us all to her meandering drivel for many years to come.

I didn't know Beyoncé already has more Grammys than Michael. Talk about being overrated! Things like this completely devalue the meaning of a Grammy IMO.

Actually Beyonce have 13 GRAMMYS as a solo artist and 3 GRAMMYS with Destny's Child.

And Michael have 19 GRAMMYS AS SOLO ARTIST!!!

Grammys of Michael AS SOLO ARTIST:
1. WON = 1980 "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" Best Male R&B Vocal Performance

2. WON = 1984 Thriller Album of the Year

3. WON = 1984 "Beat It" Record of the Year

4. WON = 1984 Thriller (with Quincy Jones) Producer of the Year

5. WON = 1984 "Billie Jean" Best R&B Song

6. WON = 1984 "Someone in the Dark" Best Recording for Children (Narration)

7. WON = 1984 "Thriller" Best Male Vocal Performance (Pop)

8. WON = 1984 "Billie Jean" Best Male Vocal Performance (R&B)

9. WON = 1984 "Beat It" Best Male Vocal Performance (Rock)

10. WON = 1985 The Making of Thriller Best Long Form Video

11. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" Record of the Year

12. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" (with Lionel Richie) Song of the Year

13. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal

14. WON = 1986 "We Are the World - The Video Event" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) Best Music Video, Short Form

15. WON = 1988 "The Way You Make Me Feel" performed by Michael Jackson Best Performance Music Video

16. WON = 1989 "Leave Me Alone" Best Short Form Music Video

17. WON = 1993 Living Legend Award

18. WON = 1996 "Scream" Best Short Form Music Video

19. WON = 2010 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award

Last edited:
^^^^I don't think it's gonna take much for Beyoncé to catch up (just like Mariah Carey passed up The Beatles in #1 singles), then she'll probably pass up Stevie Wonder & Quincy Jones. Jones has the most wins and nominations.

^^^^I don't think it's gonna take much for Beyoncé to catch up (just like Mariah Carey passed up The Beatles in #1 singles), then she'll probably pass up Stevie Wonder & Quincy Jones. Jones has the most wins and nominations.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Mariah has 20+ No.1 hits?

I'll only talk about what I can talk about =]

Michael Jackson made his best work in the 90s
I totally disagree, but at the same I can't point out a decade when Michael made his best work. I think each album has its own particularities and they're all wonderful in different ways. For example, my 3 favorite ones are Bad, Dangerous and Invincible (I also love the others) and they all belong to different decades!

Chinese Democracy was a decent Guns N Roses album
I've listened o Guns N' Roses since I was 14 and I must confess that Chinese Democracy was a great deception to me. I mean, all the band members have changed, so the composers also did. In this album there's like a couple of songs you can say "Good", but it's lost completely the essence of Guns N' Roses. (I went to their concert in the beginning of this month and I must confess it was the best concert I've eeeever been to, but because of the old songs ;_; ) If only Slash and Duff went back to GNR... ;_;

There are no decent male artists left under the age of 40 (except Van Hunt). Akon, Will.i.am, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Ne-Yo... they're all generic drivel
I won't specify any names here, but we don't have any real artists in vogue now... they're all gone or decadent ;_; I think only rock n' roll still has some real good musicians, but only the old classic ones...

I think melodic metal is supposed to be based on classical music. I don't know.

Nah, metal heads say the entire metal genre is a derivative of classical music.. I really have no idea whether that's true or not but it sure as hell doesn't sound anything like it.

Metal

Nah, metal heads say the entire metal genre is a derivative of classical music.. I really have no idea whether that's true or not but it sure as hell doesn't sound anything like it.
I don't think pop metal like Bon Jovi, Van Halen, and Motley Crue has anything to do with classical music, lol.

What I realized is that Yes Beyonce has more grammys than MJ, but I find it pathetic that she hasn't won Album of the Year & Record of the Year yet..It's crazy because she has a lot of grammys..and she is just now winning Song of the Year (Her 1st General Field win)..MJ has 15 grammys, but he has won the most important Grammys (at an earlier age, 24) and that is all that matters..MJ has won Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Producer of the Year, and he's in the Grammy Hall of Fame a couple of times, along with the Grammy Legend Award, and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award..Beyonce MIGHT win all of those awards, except for Producer of the Year..I know for a fact that she can't produce/compose a song like MJ can..

oh ok.. phew.. I thought the world had gone mad :p

It has

its ridiculous all these crappy artists have more grammys and number ones than the real innovators. Artists that exactly WORKED HARD to get their achievements and were creative. Yes the world has gone mad. But the grammys and any award really doesnt mean anything to me or even sales.... So people bringing up the constant grammys doesnt prove anything. Those artists got those were awards because they were GIVEN to them, they werent earned.

oh ok.. phew.. I thought the world had gone mad :p
Getting a hit today is different from the past. Hit songs used to be based on the sales of 45rpm singles, now it is just based on radio airplay. If all the Top 40 radio stations in a country play a Lawrence Welk record from the 1960s over and over more than anything else, then it will be #1. Nobody has to buy it.

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2766458 said:
What I realized is that Yes Beyonce has more grammys than MJ, but I find it pathetic that she hasn't won Album of the Year & Record of the Year yet..It's crazy because she has a lot of grammys..and she is just now winning Song of the Year (Her 1st General Field win)..MJ has 15 grammys, but he has won the most important Grammys (at an earlier age, 24) and that is all that matters..MJ has won Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Producer of the Year, and he's in the Grammy Hall of Fame a couple of times, along with the Grammy Legend Award, and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award..Beyonce MIGHT win all of those awards, except for Producer of the Year..I know for a fact that she can't produce/compose a song like MJ can..

Nope,

Actually Beyonce have 13 GRAMMYS as a solo artist and 3 GRAMMYS with Destny's Child.

And Michael have 19 GRAMMYS AS SOLO ARTIST = 2 GRAMMYS are SPECIAL AWARDS!!!

In 1986, he won 3 GRAMMYS along with the others artists of USA AFRICA:

-Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
-Record of the Year
-Best Music Video, Short Form

And TOO:
-Song of the Year with Lionel Richie

11. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" Record of the Year

12. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" (with Lionel Richie) Song of the Year

13. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal

14. WON = 1986 "We Are the World - The Video Event" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) Best Music Video, Short Form

PS. For those who still have doubts:

-The Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video has been awarded since 1984. A similar award for Best Long Form Music Video has also been awarded since 1984. In 1988 and 1989 the award criteria were changed and the video awards were presented for Best Concept Music Video and Best Performance Music Video. In 1990 the awards were returned to the original format. For videos winning the award, the performer(s), director(s), and producer(s) all receive Grammys.

-The Record of the Year is one of the four most prestigious Grammy Awards presented annually. It has been awarded since 1959. The honorees through its history have been:

1959-1965: Artist only.
1966-1998: Artist and producer.
1999-present: Artist, producer, and engineer and/or mixer

Last edited:
Nope,

And Michael have 19 GRAMMYS AS SOLO ARTIST = 2 GRAMMYS are SPECIAL AWARDS!!!

In 1986, he won 3 GRAMMYS along with the others artists of USA AFRICA:

-Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal
-Record of the Year
-Best Music Video, Short Form

And TOO:
-Song of the Year with Lionel Richie

PS. For those who still have doubts:

-The Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video has been awarded since 1984. A similar award for Best Long Form Music Video has also been awarded since 1984. In 1988 and 1989 the award criteria were changed and the video awards were presented for Best Concept Music Video and Best Performance Music Video. In 1990 the awards were returned to the original format. For videos winning the award, the performer(s), director(s), and producer(s) all receive Grammys.

-The Record of the Year is one of the four most prestigious Grammy Awards presented annually. It has been awarded since 1959. The honorees through its history have been:

1959-1965: Artist only.
1966-1998: Artist and producer.
1999-present: Artist, producer, and engineer and/or mixer

Ok! I gotcha! Someone needs to edit Wikipedia..because it says he won 15 Grammys..

Last edited:
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers soundtrack has some kick ass songs on there

Swing Out Sister should be popular everywhere, not just in Japan.
Roger Troutman is unrecognized by the mainstream as an artist.
More funk albums should be in print, instead of forgotten.

I've never been a huge Prince fan. I know that he's very talented but i've never been all that interested in him

I like Prince' music in the 90s just as much as, or, sometimes, even more than his music in the 80s.

I like Prince' music in the 90s just as much as, or, sometimes, even more than his music in the 80s.
I think the Symbol album from 92 is his best 1990's album, although I probably listened to 'Diamonds And Pearls' more.

I so agree that Michael did his best work in the 90's.

Michael's surgeries weren't that extensive, just focusing mainly on the nose.

Madonna's best is from the 2000's.

Madonna is a talented living legend.

Britney deserves more credit and compassion.

Erm, that's all I can think of right now...

Last.fm was underrated. now they are overrated, because they eliminated on demand streaming, where you could search for your own artist discoveries. now they are like terrestrial radio, where the guys that run the site, choose what you listen to. in other words, they were like youtube. now they are not.

i so agree that michael did his best work in the 90's.

Michael's surgeries weren't that extensive, just focusing mainly on the nose.

Madonna's best is from the 2000's.

Madonna is a talented living legend.

Britney deserves more credit and compassion.

Erm, that's all i can think of right now...

lol !!

Lady GaGA is talented...she just needs to get her head out of the sewer and stop trying for the shock value.

I've never been a huge Prince fan. I know that he's very talented but i've never been all that interested in him

Same here. Technically I understand why Prince is great, but his music or personality never touched me. To me he is talented but missing that extra, unexplainable something compared to Michael, for example.

Same here. Technically I understand why Prince is great, but his music or personality never touched me. To me he is talented but missing that extra, unexplainable something compared to Michael, for example.

Have you never heard When Doves Cry or The Beautiful Ones or Sometimes It Snows In April?

The man is a stone cold genius. FACT.

To me he is talented but missing that extra, unexplainable something compared to Michael, for example.

That extra unexplainable something is explained only through your admiration (or lack thereof.)

There's nothing objective to put Prince below Michael in the realm of music. If anything, objectivity seems to point towards Prince being the greater musician. But even then, the argument from subjectivity outweighs all, especially if you delve into the larger realm of entertainment. For example, I'm more entertained by Prince and his band live than I am with Michael's live performances, and opinions differ greatly on this, depending on whether you prefer the performance of musicianship or that of dance and theatrics, etc.

That extra unexplainable something is explained only through your admiration (or lack thereof.)

There's nothing objective to put Prince below Michael in the realm of music. If anything, objectivity seems to point towards Prince being the greater musician. But even then, the argument from subjectivity outweighs all, especially if you delve into the larger realm of entertainment. For example, I'm more entertained by Prince and his band live than I am with Michael's live performances, and opinions differ greatly on this, depending on whether you prefer the performance of musicianship or that of dance and theatrics, etc.

I agree.... most of the time people say they prefer Prince over MJ for that very reason and its an understandbable reason even though I feel they are both equally talented. Like you said, it just depends on the person whether or not they prefer the musician over the entertainer. For me personally, I find myself being entertained by both artists when they perform live.

The better showman? Michael. The better musician? Prince. The better singer? Michael (no question).

Two out of three is why I prefer Michael, but Prince is probably my second favourite artist.

Back