Unpopular opinions

Chanté Moore & Shanice Wilson should be as popular as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, & Mary J. Blige. But they're basically unkown and forgotten.

Ann Wilson from Heart is a great singer who isn't recognized enough by the male oriented rock press.

Most people don't know that Phil Collins played in a jazz funk band called Brand X.

Phil Collins' as the lead singer didn't ruin Genesis. Peter Gabriel made pop music in the 1980s as well.

Donna Summer isn't taken seriously as a singer because she's known for disco, and neither is Martha Wash.

Disco is good music.

The Beatles are class - that will be a very unpopular opinion here :p

Yeah, but that opinion is shared in the vast majority of places, so it more than balances out.

Is there any industry ranking where the Beatles aren't in the top 3, if not generally ranked as #1 as the ultimate contemporary artists? (in class and talent and every other way). I TRY not to take anything from the Fab 4, but it just annoys the heck out of me that MJ as an overall artist is not seen comparably--when he is DEFINITELY deserving.

Chanté Moore & Shanice Wilson should be as popular as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, & Mary J. Blige. But they're basically unkown and forgotten.

Ann Wilson from Heart is a great singer who isn't recognized enough by the male oriented rock press.

Most people don't know that Phil Collins played in a jazz funk band called Brand X.

Phil Collins' as the lead singer didn't ruin Genesis. Peter Gabriel made pop music in the 1980s as well.

Donna Summer isn't taken seriously as a singer because she's known for disco, and neither is Martha Wash.

Disco is good music.

Chante Moore was good never great or dominant and the public got that right she ain't in Whitney's league or Mariah.

never had the songs and hit minorly.

Shanice Wilson could sing but was a cute act at best.

Yeah, but that opinion is shared in the vast majority of places, so it more than balances out.

Is there any industry ranking where the Beatles aren't in the top 3, if not generally ranked as #1 as the ultimate contemporary artists? (in class and talent and every other way). I TRY not to take anything from the Fab 4, but it just annoys the heck out of me that MJ as an overall artist is not seen comparably--when he is DEFINITELY deserving.

which is why my negative opinion of the Beatles is unpopular. but another unpopular opinion of mine is that people don't realize how big the world is, and that Michael is recognized by a giant population as the greatest, both before and after June 25, but some people on this board don't realize it, because of how the media treats him. that's why his every move was scrutinized more than anyone else's in the world, during the trial, and such, afterward. that happens to the biggest celebrity, because that celebrity is the biggest target, because that celebrity is the biggest. you have to look at the people you don't see or hear from. the regular fan, who goes out, and quietly buys his music.

I see people complaining about the Grammys of Beyonce, I agree with you she has more Grammys than she deserves and has a lot of other artists that deserves have the Grammys that she won or at least have as many Grammys as she.

But what about an award that gave 4 awards in one night to Taylor Swift!!! Seriously, I do not think this girl not worthy of being nominated for a Grammy award!!

With all due respect, I saw someone on here saying that one of the factors of her success is her factor "it". Honestly for me the her factor "it" is named KANYE WEST!!

Taylor Swift has 4 GRAMMYS while Lady Gaga has only 2 GRAMMYS! This definitely is unfair too!!!

I see people complaining about the Grammys of Beyonce, I agree with you she has more Grammys than she deserves and has a lot of other artists that deserves have the Grammys that she won or at least have as many Grammys as she.

But what about an award that gave 4 awards in one night to Taylor Swift!!! Seriously, I do not think this girl not worthy of being nominated for a Grammy award!!

With all due respect, I saw someone on here saying that one of the factors of her success is her factor "it". Honestly for me the her factor "it" is named KANYE WEST!!

Taylor Swift has 4 GRAMMYS while Lady Gaga has only 2 GRAMMYS! This definitely is unfair too!!!
Here's the difference. Beyonce is setting RECORDS with her awards, Taylor isn't. That's why people focus more on B. You do know Beyonce has more grammys than Michael right? she has more grammys than the beatles, more than A LOT of acts. Taylor swift is overrated but she's probably a one hit wonder. Unless she starts rolling in awards like Beyonce you won't see that many people bothered by her.

ASIS said:
Here's the difference. Beyonce is setting RECORDS with her awards, Taylor isn't. That's why people focus more on B. You do know Beyonce has more grammys than Michael right? she has more grammys than the beatles, more than A LOT of acts. Taylor swift is overrated but she's probably a one hit wonder. Unless she starts rolling in awards like Beyonce you won't see that many people bothered by her.
Actually Beyonce have 13 GRAMMYS as a solo artist and 3 GRAMMYS with Destny's Child.

And Michael have 17 GRAMMYS AS SOLO ARTIST!!!

I really hope you're right that Taylor Swift is "probably a one hit wonder". The way is the music industry I do not doubt any more!!!

Do you know if Michael won some Grammy with the Jackson 5?

Last edited:
which is why my negative opinion of the Beatles is unpopular. but another unpopular opinion of mine is that people don't realize how big the world is, and that Michael is recognized by a giant population as the greatest, both before and after June 25, but some people on this board don't realize it, because of how the media treats him. that's why his every move was scrutinized more than anyone else's in the world, during the trial, and such, afterward. that happens to the biggest celebrity, because that celebrity is the biggest target, because that celebrity is the biggest. you have to look at the people you don't see or hear from. the regular fan, who goes out, and quietly buys his music.

ITA...MJ was knocked down because of his stature in the world. It made others feel good to do so. When you think of the Sneddons and Dimonds, you realize it was more about their egos and even insecurities. Here was this giant talent, loved by millions and millions, and to minimize him gave their own little insignificance selves a feelling of triumph. May karma kick their butts.

I agree with you about Beyonce and her grammys as well as Taylor Swift, and I said this earlier!! It just doesn't make any sense that she has more grammys than MJ, Prince, the Beatles, etc..and they released some of the greatest albums of all time..it just doesn't make any sense to me..but like I said, there are many albums that I felt got robbed at the grammys..

I also said earlier in this thread that Kanye West is the most talented artist of this generation..and he is the most consistent..every album of his is great..and I believe that he is the only artist who deserves every award that he receives..

I don't get the appeal of death metal with the growling "monster" style vocalists. I don't understand a word they're saying and that can't be very good on the vocal cords either, lol.

Actually Beyonce have 13 GRAMMYS as a solo artist and 3 GRAMMYS with Destny's Child.

And Michael have 17 GRAMMYS AS SOLO ARTIST!!!

I really hope you're right that Taylor Swift is "probably a one hit wonder". The way is the music industry I do not doubt any more!!!

Do you know if Michael won some Grammy with the Jackson 5?

MJ has 15, not 17. and I didn't know those 3 grammys were for destiny's Child. Still, my point stands, Beyonce is breaking records here over nothing.

I don't get the appeal of death metal with the growling "monster" style vocalists. I don't understand a word they're saying and that can't be very good on the vocal cords either, lol.

I actually heard "Growling" takes serious skill! :lol:

ASIS said:
MJ has 15, not 17. and I didn't know those 3 grammys were for destiny's Child. Still, my point stands, Beyonce is breaking records here over nothing.
1. WON = 1980 "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" Best Male R&B Vocal Performance

2. WON = 1984 Thriller Album of the Year

3. WON = 1984 "Beat It" Record of the Year

4. WON = 1984 Thriller (with Quincy Jones) Producer of the Year

5. WON = 1984 "Billie Jean" Best R&B Song

6. WON = 1984 "Someone in the Dark" Best Recording for Children (Narration)

7. WON = 1984 "Thriller" Best Male Vocal Performance (Pop)

8. WON = 1984 "Billie Jean" Best Male Vocal Performance (R&B)

9. WON = 1984 "Beat It" Best Male Vocal Performance (Rock)

10. WON = 1985 The Making of Thriller Best Long Form Video

11. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa - Quincy Jones (producer) Record of the Year

12. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" (with Lionel Richie) Song of the Year

13. WON = 1986 "We Are the World" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) - Quincy Jones (producer) Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal

14. WON = 1986 "We Are the World - The Video Event" performed by USA for Africa (Michael & etc) Best Music Video, Short Form - Tom Trbovich (video director) & Quincy Jones (video producer)

15. WON = 1988 "The Way You Make Me Feel" performed by Michael Jackson Best Performance Music Video

16. WON = 1989 "Leave Me Alone" Best Short Form Music Video

17. WON = 1993 Living Legend Award

18. WON = 1996 "Scream" Best Short Form Music Video

19. WON = 2010 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award

In GRAMMY 1984, Michael also should have won Song of the Year!! He had two nominations in this category by Billy Jean & Beat It, as they had the courage to not give this Grammy for him too!!!!

The Grammys was so unfair with Bad!!!

PS.I'm looking for a reliable source of Grammys won by Michael. If anyone here has the complete list of all indications that Michael won please post here!!! On the Internet it appears that Michael has won 18 Grammys in his lifetime, including the Living Legend Award, but there isn't every indication that Michael won.

Last edited:

Exactly!! and your right with this...

People look at Taylor and compare her to Beyonce and say B has better vocals which is true BUT the fact of the matter is Taylor doesnt receive the same recogtion as Beyonce does. Which is why people focus more on Beyonce even though there BOTH overrated. The media is basically portraying Beyonce as an icon when is not. She hasnt made any innovative or influential material. She doesnt write or produce and not to mention most of her material she copies from other people and artists... basically she gets all the praise because of her looks and because shes simply Beyonce. But its sad mainstream music has went down hill to the point it doesnt take much to receieve awards and recogition basically for doing nothing.

The songs that Teddy Riley had nothing to do with were the best songs on Dangerous

Just look at what Teddy didn't touch

Heal The World
Will You Be There
Who Is It
Black Or White
Give Into Me
Gone Too Soon
Keep The Faith

The songs that Teddy Riley had nothing to do with were the best songs on Dangerous

Just look at what Teddy didn't touch

Heal The World
Will You Be There
Who Is It
Black Or White
Give Into Me
Gone Too Soon
Keep The Faith

I agree. GITM and WII are two of my favorite songs ever! I think those should be in the dictionary as definition for perfection.

My friend (who's a New Jack Swing fan) is the exact opposite. He has Dangerous and only listens to Teddy's songs and nothing else on the album. He does like one of the remixes to Who Is It though.

My friend (who's a New Jack Swing fan) is the exact opposite. He has Dangerous and only listens to Teddy's songs and nothing else on the album. He does like one of the remixes to Who Is It though.

I think "Who is it" (not the remixed ones, but the original) is one of the best songs Michael ever did and to me that's definitely THE best song on Dangerous!

I think "Who is it" (not the remixed ones, but the original) is one of the best songs Michael ever did and to me that's definitely THE best song on Dangerous!
user_online.gif
vbrep_register("2764673")

yeah that song is just soooo MJ. love it to bits

yeah that song is just soooo MJ. love it to bits

It's funny because at the time when the album was out I didn't rate it that high. I was more a fan of other songs, like Jam, Give in to me, Heal the World etc. But I was a kid. And in the hindsight "Who is it" stands out from that album IMO. A real classic - and a very underrated song.

I didn't know Beyoncé already has more Grammys than Michael. Talk about being overrated! Things like this completely devalue the meaning of a Grammy IMO.

But I have realized long ago it doesn't matter what critics, journalists and the makers of these award ceremonies say or do! It's longetivity what matters in determining the quality of an act. Often critics and the media have hyped up acts which have been long forgotten since at the cost of artists who created things those stood the test of time. I very much doubt people will still listen to Beyoncé in 10 years, no matter how much they shower her with Grammys now.

Last edited:
Back