Unpopular opinions

Beyonce got 14 to many grammys.

Alicia Keys got 7 to many grammys as well.

I agree soooo much Beyonce doesn't deserve a grammy, but they have just lost all credability know, they are a joke !!
I don't mind Alicia Keys, but her having 7 and Janet 5 that is wrong !!

Bruce Springsteen is just as boring as his big idol Elvis
Eminem is a bad rapper

Not only is he a bad rapper, he is the WORST !! I hate it when people act like something they aren't, He thinks he is black, no joke :bugeyed

I agree soooo much Beyonce doesn't deserve a grammy, but they have just lost all credability know, they are a joke !!
I don't mind Alicia Keys, but her having 7 and Janet 5 that is wrong !!

Not only is he a bad rapper, he is the WORST !! I hate it when people act like something they aren't, He thinks he is black, no joke :bugeyed
With all due respect toward Janet Jackson Alicia Keys although overrated is a much better singer than Janet Jackson ever was.

With all due respect toward Janet Jackson Alicia Keys although overrated is a much better singer than Janet Jackson ever was.

I agree again. I think Janet is overrated and she only made it so big because she is Michael's sister.

i mean the cat has dominated R&B even folks who are hit and miss with him respect his longevity. but to each and there own.
I pretty much quit listening to R&B radio around 1986 when New Jack Swing came into style and to radio altogether about 1990, so whatever happened afterward passed me by. During the 90s I listened to traditional R&B acts like the Brand New Heavies & Lisa Stansfield who didn't get a lot of publicity. I liked En Vogue, Color Me Badd, Brownstone, Tony! Toni! Toné!, & maybe SWV, TLC, C+C Music Factory, and Ace Of Base. That's about it for mainstream stuff. I didn't like any of the 1990s popular R&B, not just R. Kelly.

I pretty much quit listening to R&B radio around 1986 when New Jack Swing came into style and to radio altogether about 1990, so whatever happened afterward passed me by. During the 90s I listened to traditional R&B acts like the Brand New Heavies & Lisa Stansfield who didn't get a lot of publicity. I liked En Vogue, Color Me Badd, Brownstone, Tony! Toni! Toné!, & maybe SWV, TLC, C+C Music Factory, and Ace Of Base. That's about it for mainstream stuff. I didn't like any of the 1990s popular R&B, not just R. Kelly.

Oh, I LOVE the Brand New Heavies! They were better with their original singer than with Siedah Garrett though.

I agree she is a better singer than Janet but Janet does have a beautiful soft voice IMO, I ment Janet has contributed more to music than Alicia Keys has. Long story short the grammys are just a joke now !

I agree again. I think Janet is overrated and she only made it so big because she is Michael's sister.

She may be overrated, but I don't think its got to do with being MJ's sister, I mean Latoya released albums they weren't successful at all, Janet may not be the best vocalist, but she makes up for it with her songwriting and dancing abilities IMO

Bnh

Oh, I LOVE the Brand New Heavies! They were better with their original singer than with Siedah Garrett though.
That's N'Dea Davenport. She's back with them now. Siedah only did one album with BNH. Then they did one album with Nicole Russo as the singer, but N'Dea rejoined them in 2005. The drummer for the group, Jan Kincaid, also does an occasional lead vocal.

1. Justin Timberlake and Kanye West are the most interesting and innovative artists of our time.
2. The Beatles and The Eagles are soooo overrated.
3. The second disk of HIStory is such a crap.
4. Dangerous is MJ's best album.
5. JFK was ugly. I really see nothing attractive in him.
6. Avatar is overrated. There are so many movies that are much better.

Originally Posted by mjscarousal
Radio is Dead.
Hip Hop is Dead
R&B is Dead.
POP is DEAD

Are you kidding? Those 3 genres are the most popular at the moment!! Where have you been living in last 10 years? When i turn up the radio (which happens rarely, so i guess you're right about this one :)), all i hear is rap, hip hop, rnb, pop and occasionaly some pop-rock...

1. Justin Timberlake and Kanye West are the most interesting and innovative artists of our time.
:mello::wild:

twinklEE; said:
With all due respect toward Janet Jackson Alicia Keys although overrated is a much better singer than Janet Jackson ever was..

I agree so much. I dare say that Janet would not have entered in the show-biz if she had not been born Michael's sister.

Rolling Stones are better than Beatles
Madonna dance better than Janet
If Elvis had been born black he would not have become what he became.
As Beyonce as Britney Spears sings better than Michael's five brothers together.

:bugeyed:bugeyed
They Don't Care About Us? Stranger In Moscow? Tabloid Junkie? Earth Song?

Maaaan, for real?:bugeyed

I agree with points 2, 4, 5 & 6, though.

1. Give in to me, Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Black or White, Will You Be There, In the Closet, Remember the Time, Who Is It are among the best songs of the 1990s.
2. Dangerous is the best Pop album of the 1990s.
3. No one Pop album of the 2000s is better or as good as Dangerous
4. Elton John is better songwriter than Stevie Wonder
5. Give in to me, Heal the World and Dirty Diana should have won a grammy for song of the year
6. Heal the World has as much quality as We Are The World

-Give in to me, Earth Song, Stranger in Moscow, Black or White, Will You Be There, In the Closet, Remember the Time, Who Is It are among the best songs of the 1990s.
-Dangerous is the best Pop album of the 1990s.
-No one Pop album of the 2000s is better or as good as Dangerous
-Elton John is better songwriter than Stevie Wonder
-Give in to me, Heal the World and Dirty Diana should have won a grammy for song of the year
-Heal the World has as much quality as We Are The World

:agree::clapping::cheers:

Elton John only writes music, he doesn't write lyrics. Bernie Taupin writes the words.

Oh really! I always get confused! Sorry ...
I do not know why but I always forget is Bernie Taupin writes the words ...
But wikipedia also describes Elton John like an songwriter ...

Sir Elton Hercules John, CBE, Kt (born 25 March 1947 as Reginald Kenneth Dwight; name change occurred in 1972) is an English singer-songwriter, composer and pianist.

Some of the characteristics of John's musical talent and work include an ability to quickly craft melodies for the lyrics of songwriting partner Bernie Taupin, his former rich tenor (now baritone) voice, his classical and gospel-influenced piano, the sensitive orchestral arrangements of Paul Buckmaster among others, and the on-stage showmanship, especially evident during the 1970s.

Oh really! I always get confused! Sorry ...
I do not know why but I always forget is Bernie Taupin writes the words ...
But wikipedia also describes Elton John like an songwriter ...
Elton does compose the music, so is writing songs in that way. Like some musicians who perform instrumental music write their songs. But the general public tends to consider songwriting as writing words, or both the words and music. Supposedly doing this is giving out some personal thoughts of the lyric writer.

Originally Posted by mjscarousal
Radio is Dead.
Hip Hop is Dead
R&B is Dead.
POP is DEAD

Are you kidding? Those 3 genres are the most popular at the moment!! Where have you been living in last 10 years? When i turn up the radio (which happens rarely, so i guess you're right about this one :)), all i hear is rap, hip hop, rnb, pop and occasionaly some pop-rock...

You must listen to mainstream because none of that is alive on the radio but if you turn it off those genres except for pop are alive and thriving.

folks are scared of success and the comedians in here dissing "thriller" is off the hook. thriller is the gold standard for the versatile album.MJ did it all stop the Hate.

U2 are corny and so is coldplay. that Aha soft sounding music does nothing for me.

Beyonce got 14 to many grammys.

Alicia Keys got 7 to many grammys as well.

New Jack Swing was way more fun and better than sleepy time Neo Soul.

folks forgot how to make a soundtrack long ago. mixing older tracks and calling it a soundtrack ain't a soundtrack it is a mixtape.

i love Bob Marley but why is he the only person most people associate with Reggae?

Prince is a Great Artist,however he has been better Live than in the studio for over 20 Years IMO

I agree with everything except for the Thriller and Neo Soul comment.
Thriller is a good album but its not Michaels best work as media claims it to be and quite quiet as its kept Michael has put out BETTER work more BETTER than Thriller.

New Jack Swing was fun and a cool genre but its no where better than Neo Soul... Most New Jack Swing music doesnt have good lyrics, most of the lyrics consists of fun, hype and live and Neo Soul exactly speaks to the listener and the artists opens up, I find it a much better genre but whether one is better than the other is a matter of opinion beacuse there BOTH good genres.

People hype Prince up but he really hasnt came out with any material that has been all of that and like you said does better live.

Beyonce.... I just really have no words to say anymore about her and the fact that she is so overrated and overhyped. Its pretty sad and Its really ridiculous now especially when there are MUCH better artists that exactly are innovative and have creative input in there music. Aint no way in the world she should have more grammys than Michael Jackson, Prince and Marvin Gaye just aint no way but the Grammys are a joke now so it really doesnt matter.

Alicia Keys is alright but I find her voice to be mad overrated. The girl really cant sing to me. She can sing better than Janet I guess like people have said but I wouldnt put Alicia on a greatest voice list, shes really average just like Janet but her musicanship and songwriting makes up for it.

Who ever said Elton John was a better songwriter than Stevie Wonder needs help... Stevie Wonder is the greatest songwriter, musician, singer ever and theyll will never be another like him. Dude has wrote some of the greastest music ever and has never seen a person, place or thing in his life. He is just amazing really out of this world..

Well, I would like to clarify that when I wrote "Elton John is better songwriter than Stevie Wonder", in no way I was trying/wanting somehow belittle the creativity, the talent and the GENIUS of Stevie Wonder. The comparison I wrote between Elton John & Stevie Wonder is strictly because both are singers-pianists. And though I think Billy Joel very talented too, I do not think he is at the level of Elton John & Stevie Wonder.

But when I did my comparison of Elton John & Stevie Wonder, I forgot that Elton John does not write the lyrics. So my comparison may be left aside and forgotten until!

I also want to make clear that I have tremendous respect for the history of life and musical of Stevie Wonder. He definitely (and literally) is blessed - in spite of everything - by God!

:bugeyed:bugeyed
They Don't Care About Us? Stranger In Moscow? Tabloid Junkie? Earth Song?

Maaaan, for real?:bugeyed

I agree with points 2, 4, 5 & 6, though.

Yeah, for real. I don't like all these songs. And I must add to my list, that there's nothing original in Lady Gaga, though she's very talented.

Yeah, for real. I don't like all these songs. And I must add to my list, that there's nothing original in Lady Gaga, though she's very talented.

Well, if you're for real, then it's a very unpopular opinion indeed, but each to their own, you're entitled to it.

As for Gaga, I feel there's much more hype around her than she deserves, although I do tend to watch her new videos when they come out, and some live performances as well, as she's very entertaining. Original? No.

Back