Unpopular opinions

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784318 said:
Look at Prince..He's 51 years old and still can sing and dance live..Age ain't nothing but a number..even though I prefer Mike over Prince, I understand why some people prefer Prince..just look at the dudes superbowl performance..dude was killing it in the freakin rain..live vocals and everything!! In 1993 when MJ performed at the superbowl halftime show, MJ lipped in the sunshine..what does that tell you?

At 50 (This is it),Michael still sings live and dances at the same time (Smooth Criminal) and that was few days before 25/6. He sings live Human Nature as well...

It's just funny to see people comparing mj to beyonce.michael was an amazing performer and his stage presence is unrivalled,the way he captivates his audience is awe- inspiring and you can't but appreciate the raw emotions he dissipates during his performances.
Beyonce is a good performer and live singer but her performances are souless,Her performances does not take an individual to another plane that you are able to forget all worries of life and marvel at the talent unravelling before you.she has performed so many times at the grammys but can anybody compare any of her performances to the GRAMMY 88 "MAN IN THE MIRROR performance" of course not even though he lipped some parts.

Last edited:
Michael has been singing live since he was five. I think he's done around what 14 or 15 tours in his life time? It is straining. Age is a factor too. It is a factor in everything. Michael sang live in all his tours except Dangerous and History. That's very reasonable. He goes out of breath what should he do? There has never been someone who moves around the stage as much as he did. Constantly moving around for a great number of dance songs with tough routines. No one can do that. There is no doubt that Michael can sing to the day he died. The effort he puts in a Billie Jean is more stamina and breath draining than Beyonce's entire set list. She's what 29? MJ was 29 at the time of Bad tour. Could Beyonce ever dance and sing like he did when he was 29?

Well I will tell yall that they ain't calling Beyonce the next Michael Jackson for no reason..Soon yall will admit that she is one of the best live performers ever!!

But Beyonce is killing the game right now..if she keeps on, she can be up there!! Mark my words!!

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784849 said:
Well I will tell yall that they ain't calling Beyonce the next Michael Jackson for no reason..Soon yall will admit that she is one of the best live performers ever!!

No, we won't gonna admit she's one of the best live performers ever.
People like Beyonce come and go, they never leave a trail of pure genius works.
Who's gonna remember Beyonce over 100 year? Simply no one, yes they might know she was a she and was someone who recorded some songs and made some big hits, that's it.
People who yell she's the next Michael Jackson, knows shit about Michael Jackson.

This isn't a Beyonce v Michael thread, agree to disagree and move on...

I don't know why people are pressed when someone gives Beyonce a compliment..all I said was that Beyonce is a great live performer and then mjcarousel (a Beyonce hater) attacked me..it seems like everytime someone praises Beyonce she gets mad..

Anyways, lets move on!!

Whether it's a popular or unpopular opinion I think Beyoncé has a LOOOOOOOOONG way to go until she can at least hold a candle to Michael. In my opinion she will never do that, because she doesn't have the originality and most of her songs will be forgotten after her time will be over as the "hip of the moment" artist. I'm not bashing her, it's just what I think of her music - it's not that special and she's not that special. So let's get back on the subject of Beyoncé in about 10 years....

I also have to add that while Michael is popular all around the world, in almost every culture, Beyoncé is nowhere near to him in terms of international appeal.

Last edited:
I know and that's fine, but it's getting a bit too Beyonce versus Michael in here. Everyone has different opinions and that's great. Just veering a bit off topic. :flowers:

^

Beyonce should learn how to write her own songs first... :p

I don't hate Bey... It's just... She's a great talent that does soul-less music.

^

Beyonce should learn how to write her own songs first... :p

I don't hate Bey... It's just... She's a great talent that does soul-less music.

And that's why I said earlier that Beyonce is a better performer than she is an artist..She is more talented than what her music shows..

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784998 said:
I don't know why people are pressed when someone gives Beyonce a compliment..all I said was that Beyonce is a great live performer and then mjcarousel (a Beyonce hater) attacked me..it seems like everytime someone praises Beyonce she gets mad..

Anyways, lets move on!!

And I dont know why so many Michael Jackson fans compare Beyonce with Michael Jackson which is ridiculous. (ignorant music lovers who know absolutely nothing about real music) DirtyDianaMJ

this is a MUSIC FORUM made for MUSIC debates and discussion and its very obvious that this is something you cant handle because you present weak and childish arguements and claim someone is hating when they present objective cristicism. I could give ish about Beyonce or what you think about me especially when you dont know me. I was just expressing my opinion evidently like so many fans are making now regarding your ridiculous comparision between Beyonce and Michael.... The end.

Last edited:
And I dont know why so many Michael Jackson fans compare Beyonce with Michael Jackson which is ridiculous. (ignorant music lovers who know absolutely nothing about real music) DirtyDianaMJ

this is a MUSIC FORUM made for MUSIC debates and discussion and its very obvious that this is something you cant handle because you present weak and childish arguements and claim someone is hating when they present objective cristicism. I could give ish about Beyonce or what you think about me especially when you dont know me. I was just expressing my opinion evidently like so many fans are making now regarding your ridiculous comparision between Beyonce and Michael.... The end.

I know more about real music compared what you THINK you know..you think that real music comes from only Neo-Soul artists, when it really doesn't..Just because Beyonce isn't neo-soul doesn't make her bad..There are a lot of talented artists who aren't Neo-Soul artist..the main subject of this board (MJ) is not a neo-soul artist and he is VERY talented!! I noticed when I gave my opinion about Kanye and Lady Gaga, you didn't say anything about that..but when I talked about Beyonce you spent time talking about that like that was the only thing I posted..seems like you are VERY jealous of her!! Well keep being pressed!! I know the truth about Beyonce's performing skills is really hurting you deep down inside!!

Last edited:
Let me just say this, please stop trying to shove Beyonce down our throats, it's not going to happen. Beyonce live is no where near the calibre of MJ live, on his worst day, lip synching and standing still. If you think otherwise, feel free to do so. We all have a right to our own opinions. But no matter how many times you say it, it won't change reality for us.
Mj carousel is not hating on Beyonce because she thinks Neo soul is the only good music (where did she post that), I think she is reacting because she, and frankly I am as well, sick of hearing about these new and/or obviously less qualified individuals being hailed as the next MJ. It really is insulting to MJ. It reflects the lack experience in regards to what music is. I mean Bey may be one of the best out there now, but she is by no means one of the best.

Mj carousel gave a list of people to look up to learn about dance and performing. In all honesty, did you even look at them? And this is not to be condescending to you, but I think you might get a more rounded view if you investigate further. No one from the list of people she gave was Neo Soul. But they were all renowned dancers in their time and ours.

Education is our friend. One of the best things about a board that features people from all around the world and all walks of life, is exposure to ideas, and music, and schools of though that we would never have been able to know about if we only remained in our known environments.

I'm just saying.

But anyway, I think I just read a few posts up that Stacey said cool it with the Beyonce vs MJ thing. So I am going to now do as she asks.

Last edited:
Let me just say this, please stop trying to shove Beyonce down our throats, it's not going to happen. Beyonce live is no where near the calibre of MJ live, on his worst day, lip synching and standing still. If you think otherwise, feel free to do so. We all have a right to our own opinions. But no matter how many times you say it, won't change reality for us.
Mj carousel is not hating on Beyonce because she thinks Neo soul is the only good music (where did she post that), I think she is reacting because she, and frankly I am as well, sick of hearing about these new and/or obviously less qualified individuals being hailed as the next MJ. It really is insulting to MJ. It reflects the lack experience in regards to what music is. I mean Bey may be one of the best out there now, but she is by no means one of the best.

Mj carousel gave a list of people to look up to learn about dance and performing. In all honesty, did you even look at them? And this is not to be condescending to you, but I think you might get a more rounded view if you investigate further. No one from the list of people she gave was Neo Soul. But they were all renowned dancers in their time and ours.

Education is our friend. One of the best things about a board that features people from all around the world and all walks of life, is exposure to ideas, and music, and schools of though that we would never have been able to know about if we only remained in our known environments.

I'm just saying.

But anyway, I think I just read a few posts up that Stacey said cool it with the Beyonce vs MJ thing. So I am going to now do as she asks.

yeah, i know u wanna do as Stacey asks. we all should. but thanks for ur post, anyway. lol.

i'm tired of someone trying to force me to like who i don't wanna like, in music.

I think that Walkman's are more reliable than ipods. Yes the songs you can have is very limited and you gotta keep replacing batteries for it but atleast it don't die on you after a few years

Let me just say this, please stop trying to shove Beyonce down our throats, it's not going to happen. Beyonce live is no where near the calibre of MJ live, on his worst day, lip synching and standing still. If you think otherwise, feel free to do so. We all have a right to our own opinions. But no matter how many times you say it, it won't change reality for us.

I'm just saying.

I ain't trying to shove Beyonce down anyone's throat..All I did was give Beyonce a compliment about her Performance skills and MJsCarousel was going hard at me for doing so..she obviously doesn't like Beyonce..she felt that since I like Bee, she wanted to try to attack me..Beyonce is a great performer imo..she & everyone else need to get over it and respect my opinion..SIMPLE AS THAT!! I can understand people defending MJ, but everytime Beyonce is mentioned as being talented (With or Without being compared to MJ)..she gets mad..I've seen her get into a lot of arguments about Beyonce with other people on here, posting them big ass paragraphs..

Here is what she said about Neo-Soul Being Real Music..

Unpopular opinions:

Neo Soul is what real r&b is suppose to sound like. Its hella wack they seperated the genre.

Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Raheem Devaughn, Floetry, India Arie, Maxwell, Donnell Jones,Janelle Monae have been some of the best artists of the 00s

Last edited:
The grammy's are not that important nowadays ,they have divided it into so many genres and have increased the numbers of awards in each genre .for example they awarded just 23 grammy's in 1959 first grammy awards,in 1980 it had increased to 60 and last year they awarded over 110 awards.one cant compare the grammy's nowadays to the ones in the past.Every tom,dick and harry can win a grammy now and the saddest aspect is presently they award popularity over excellence.
There are four main awards in the grammy's:Album of the year,record of the year,song of the year and best new artist.Though beyonce have won 16 awards,she has only won one major award "song of the year for single ladies ' and she even shared the award with 3 other people because 4 of them were credited for songwriting.I dont see any big deal in her 16 awards but its good for marketing and publicity.THE BEATLES won just 7 grammys, does it mean she's better than them or even MJ with 14.

people dont care for the awards like they did in the past, that is why their ratings has been plummeting over the years.

There are four main awards in the grammy's:Album of the year,record of the year,song of the year and best new artist.Though beyonce have won 16 awards,she has only won one major award "song of the year for single ladies ' and she even shared the award with 3 other people because 4 of them were credited for songwriting.

I said this earlier about Beyonce's grammys..but I still think she is talented as a singer/dancer..
not as a songwriter/composer/producer..

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2766458 said:
What I realized is that Yes Beyonce has more grammys than MJ, but I find it crazy that she hasn't won Album of the Year & Record of the Year yet..It's crazy because she has a lot of grammys..and she is just now winning Song of the Year (Her 1st General Field win)..MJ has 15 grammys, but he has won the most important Grammys (at an earlier age, 24) and that is all that matters..MJ has won Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Producer of the Year, and he's in the Grammy Hall of Fame a couple of times, along with the Grammy Legend Award, and the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award..Beyonce MIGHT win all of those awards, except for Producer of the Year..I know for a fact that she can't produce/compose a song like MJ can..

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2785637 said:
I said this earlier about Beyonce's grammys..but I still think she is talented as a singer/dancer..
not as a songwriter/composer/producer..

Sorry about that,I didnt see your earlier post
you know, am just tired of people flinging her 16 awards without looking deeply into the numbers.

Sorry about that,I didnt see your earlier post
you know, am just tired of people flinging her 16 awards without looking deeply into the numbers.

I agree..I know many artists who don't have as many Grammys as she does, but have won more General Field awards than she has(Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Amy Winehouse..etc)..Beyonce hasn't even won Album of the Year yet..People hated on Taylor Swift when she won AOTY over Beyonce and Gaga..but looking back at it, I feel like she deserved it because she wrote Fearless mostly by herself, compared to Beyonce, who wrote with 6 different songwriters on each song..I don't think the number of Grammys matter as much the category/field you win in..

But I think Beyonce would be more respected as an artist if she would start composing her songs mostly by herself..instead of with all of those songwriters and producers..imo, she already has the performing part down..

This is the unpopular opinions thread... I must remember that.

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2785676 said:
I agree..I know many artists who don't have as many Grammys as she does, but have won more General Field awards than she has(Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Amy Winehouse..etc)..Beyonce hasn't even won Album of the Year yet..People hated on Taylor Swift when she won AOTY over Beyonce and Gaga..but looking back at it, I feel like she deserved it because she wrote Fearless mostly by herself, compared to Beyonce, who wrote with 6 different songwriters on each song..I don't think the number of Grammys matter as much the category/field you win in..

But I think Beyonce would be more respected as an artist if she would start composing her songs mostly by herself..instead of with all of those songwriters and producers..imo, she already has the performing part down..

You are absolutely right .

lol is this Beyonce argument still going on? :lol:

There are bound to be arguments when you speak your unpopular opinion. It just comes with the whole package.

On topic:

I think mainstream music may actually pick up in a year or two.

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2784318 said:
Mike can't be tired if he just dances and doesn't sing live.

Lupus. Laryngitis. Age.

DirtyDianaMJ☆;2785546 said:
Here is what she said about Neo-Soul Being Real Music.

"Neo Soul is what real r&b is suppose to sound like."

I don't see the words 'Neo-Soul is real music' anywhere in her post. She was obviously talking about RnB specifically, not ALL genres.

Back