TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $105 Million thus far (UPDATE)

Glad to know that he is still at #1

Look at the Australian Weekend Box Office! TII hits #1 second week in a row Muahahaha xmas carol didnt pull in big numbers lol
weekendof8nov.jpg

Re: 'Carol' gets cheery with No. 1 weekend spot in the USA

yea sucks for USA & Canada.. :( I saw alot of people when I went over the weekend.

Does anyone have the newest official box office figures now?

i went to see this weekend again and when the credits started to roll everone in the theather got up and give him a standing ovation. it was also sold out

remember, for those of you that may be a bit tired of TII (right now), buy a ticket for TII and see another film. We gotta keep the momentum going, especially now thats it's going into it's third week.

I watched the Christmas Carol myself.. and to be honest it was rather boring I was really disappointed, let's hope I wasn't the only one and others share my sentiments and This Is It goes back to the top.

No.2 in the US with five new movies out in the second weekend is GREAT.. If you pay attention, when reports say "it's number 1 internationally" and then break it down to country-by-country showings, it's usually no.2 to different movies at the top spot in the various countries.. But it's no.1 overall!
As it was also here for a straight 10 days!

actually it is very good considering the heavey competion in the United States, so many artist of every kind here in the USA.. still hoped for another number 1 as a MJ Fan

Last edited:

remember, for those of you that may be a bit tired of TII (right now), buy a ticket for TII and see another film. We gotta keep the momentum going, especially now thats it's going into it's third week.

Well said!
We got to keep the momentum and push for a 100 mil domestic closing!

Actual total for the weekend: $13,157,944
It seems that Sundat was a bit lower than we expected -after a great Saturday. Overall, just above 57 mil -high 50's, which is great by all standards.
And another 20 days to go..

Actual total for the weekend: $13,157,944
It seems that Sundat was a bit lower than we expected -after a great Saturday. Overall, just above 57 mil -high 50's, which is great by all standards.
And another 20 days to go..

Um, what about its international box office results?

Duh, I've never thought of that. Good idea but I'm not tired of TII yet. I'm going for the 5th time again this week but at Muvico where their sound system is better. AMC sucked.

Duh, I've never thought of that. Good idea but I'm not tired of TII yet. I'm going for the 5th time again this week but at Muvico where their sound system is better. AMC sucked.
lol good, if your not tired yet excellent, but still spread the word about the ticket "trick".

Can someone update the thread title please please :)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Great! It is bigger than I expected!

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8352582.stm

'Carol' ends Jackson's UK reign

Disney animation A Christmas Carol has topped the UK and Ireland box office chart in its first week, displacing Michael Jackson's This Is It.

The new version of Dickens' seasonal tale, which stars Jim Carrey as the voice of Scrooge, raked in £1.89m.

Jackson's concert footage movie slid to two, while Pixar cartoon Up at three has made £31.4m over four weeks.

The Men Who Stare At Goats, which stars George Clooney, was a new entry at four with takings of £1.2m.

Science fiction thriller The Fourth Kind made its debut at number four, while horror movie Jennifer's Body was the only other entry inside the top 10 at seven.

While Up is the highest-grossing film on this week's chart, This Is It follows with total takings of more than £8m after just two weeks.

This isn't unexpected, A Christmas Carol is a popular story but TII taking over £8 million in just two weeks is phenomenal!

Great! It is bigger than I expected!

I had expected it would gross 200 mil. Anyway, it is still a thriller.

it will gross 200 mill. prob nearer 250 by the end of the run

It will be at $250 million at the end of the next weekend, so in 3 weeks.

Wow. this is fantastic.

Has it then beaten Hannah Montana?

Wow. this is fantastic.

Has it then beaten Hannah Montana?

It will at the end of the weekend. TII is only 8-9M$ from being the # 1 concert movie in the US & Canada.

It already beat HM overseas.

Sales usually drop 40-50% each week so it should be somewhere around 220mil by the end of this week and 250mil+ by the end of run.. hurray!!
icon10.gif
That's gonna be bigger than HM best of the best and HM the movie.. oh and 8 mile too.. though TII should not be compared with 8 mile and HM the movie in the first place since they are not concert movies but some ppl here feel the need to compare
icon8.gif

Sales usually drop 40-50% each week so it should be somewhere around 220mil by the end of this week and 250mil+ by the end of run.. hurray!!
icon10.gif
That's gonna be bigger than HM best of the best and HM the movie.. oh and 8 mile too.. though TII should not be compared with 8 mile and HM the movie in the first place since they are not concert movies but some ppl here feel the need to compare
icon8.gif

MJ passed from $103 million to $83 million WW. Its not a 40% decrease :)

$977,357 for Monday. At no.2 with CC at no.1 with less than double the gross of TII. Turn out at the movies was generally low yesterday it seems. A million is good for TII for such a night. I hope it keeps doing a million a night, and then a 5 mil -at least- in the weekend. With a total of 10 mil a week it will get to nearly 90 just before the Thanksgiving weekend..

Let's keep the hype! keep going to see it!

$977,357 for Monday. At no.2 with CC at no.1 with less than double the gross of TII. Turn out at the movies was generally low yesterday it seems. A million is good for TII for such a night. I hope it keeps doing a million a night, and then a 5 mil -at least- in the weekend. With a total of 10 mil a week it will get to nearly 90 just before the Thanksgiving weekend..

Let's keep the hype! keep going to see it!

I went back to see the movie last night...and the theater was pretty much empty. We were about 50 people....in a 400-seating theater.

I am surprised CC made less than 2M$ considering TII did above 2M$ every day last week. And that movie cost 180M$ to make before marketing costs.

I went back to see the movie last night...and the theater was pretty much empty. We were about 50 people....in a 400-seating theater.

I am surprised CC made less than 2M$ considering TII did above 2M$ every day last week. And that movie cost 180M$ to make before marketing costs.

50 people in a theater at a weeknight of bad overall showings is not as low as it seems.. As the 1 mil that TII made last night is not bad either.. There's still interest in the movie. Word of mouth still works -and can do even more till thanksgiving.
I'll say my numbers again -if it keeps doing a million a night and then another million in the weekend, it's very good for third week.. It will still be no.2 when both Paranormal activity and CC will be out of the top-3 (i don't expect CC to last the competition of next weekend)..

50 people in a theater at a weeknight of bad overall showings is not as low as it seems.. As the 1 mil that TII made last night is not bad either.. There's still interest in the movie. Word of mouth still works -and can do even more till thanksgiving.
I'll say my numbers again -if it keeps doing a million a night and then another million in the weekend, it's very good for third week.. It will still be no.2 when both Paranormal activity and CC will be out of the top-3 (i don't expect CC to last the competition of next weekend)..

I agree 1M$ a day is good. But I was comparing last night to the previous monday.

Last monday when I went it was 75% full...but it is expected, very few people go to the movies on monday.

Last edited:
Back