TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $238 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

don't worry guys ! It will increase Tuesday and wednesday ! Wednesday it's veteran's day in USA !!

Re: TII Box Office News (Merged) Grossed $186 Million WORLDWIDE thus far (UPDATE)

$977,357 for Monday. At no.2 with CC at no.1 with less than double the gross of TII. Turn out at the movies was generally low yesterday it seems. A million is good for TII for such a night. I hope it keeps doing a million a night, and then a 5 mil -at least- in the weekend. With a total of 10 mil a week it will get to nearly 90 just before the Thanksgiving weekend..

Let's keep the hype! keep going to see it!

$57,013,286 + $977,357 = $57,990,643

Now TII has grossed around 58 mil in USA. Hannah Montana concert movie took in 65 mil at the domestical box office. TII will def. top Hannah movie domestically too at the end of this week. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

$57,013,286 + $977,357 = $57,990,643

Now TII has grossed around 58 mil in USA. Hannah Montana concert movie took in 65 mil at the domestical box office. TII will def. top Hannah movie domestically too at the end of this week. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Let's quit the HM parallelism, i say..

Africa: Michael Jackson in top spot

Wed, 11 Nov 2009

var addthis_pub="debbybyrne"; var addthis_options = 'favorites, facebook, digg, delicious, google, stumbleupon, live, yahoobkm, twitter, more';
Michael Jackson's This Is It continues to dominate cinemas. The movie showcasing the concert that never was also hit the top spot at the Ster-Kinekor box office for a second week in a row. New release Law Abiding Citizen had to settle for the 2nd spot on the Top 10, while Disney's A Christmas Carol (starring Jim Carrey) opened at #6 despite it being #1 in the US.
Cinema Nouveau-exclusive release Departures illustrates its power by reaching #9 on the general Top 10, while Earth is back on the Top 10, pulling in the audiences almost two months after it was released. The top films on the Ster-Kinekor circuit for the weekend 6-8 November 2009 are:

1. MICHAEL JACKSON�S THIS IS IT
  2. LAW ABIDING CITIZEN
  3. THE UGLY TRUTH
  4. INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS
  5. CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS
  6. A CHRISTMAS CAROL
  7. A CHRISTMAS CAROL [3D]
  8. UP
  9. DEPARTURES
  10. EARTH
http://www.screenafrica.com/news/film/331055.htm

Let's quit the HM parallelism, i say..

Yeah, why we compare that singer with our KING? None can beat Michael.

Tuesday US boxoffice - good news TII up +38%:

1. A CHRISTMAS CAROL - $2,412,171 (so strane that so much ...)
2. MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT - $1,357,554 (summary: $59,348,197 )
3. THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS - $1,217,459 (so close to TII - big fight during weekend)
4. THE FOURTH KIND - $1,085,950
5. PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - $745,720

boxofficemojo.com

$1,357,554 last night, a big increase from Monday. And again at no.2, only a million behind CC -which is SO below expectations if you ask me..
I want to see the movie make another cumulative 3 mil tonight and tomorrow, and then a weekend of 7 mil. And it closes its third weekend with 70 mil.. A big deal..

$1,357,554 last night, a big increase from Monday. And again at no.2, only a million behind CC -which is SO below expectations if you ask me..
I want to see the movie make another cumulative 3 mil tonight and tomorrow, and then a weekend of 7 mil. And it closes its third weekend with 70 mil.. A big deal..

Very interesting.

CC is underperforming...a movie that cost over 180M, doing 2.4M$..similar numbers TII made last week. And TII cost a third of CC's.

At this rate, TII will be the highest grossing concert movie in North America by Friday.

Last edited:

Um, I didn't even know they had made a remake of CC until 45 seconds ago...How is it doing so well? Also - Are people already that much in the Christmas spirit?! I just can't get fully into the spirit until at least Thanksgiving and I can't go see Christmas movies until I'm in the spirit. (However, I don't know that I will be in any true spirit at all this Christmas...=/)

CC was released too early I wonder why

Re: 'Carol' gets cheery with No. 1 weekend spot in the USA

No 2 in USA... sucks!!! :( But No 1 overseas!!! Yeah!!! :D
considering that This Is It is essentially a documentary, being number 2 is not bad at all.

Re: 'Carol' gets cheery with No. 1 weekend spot in the USA

considering that This Is It is essentially a documentary, being number 2 is not bad at all.

One thing we've said before: when we say it's no.1 internationally, it doesn't mean it's no.1 in each and every country calculated.. In fact it's usually behind some other movie -which varies in the different countries.. Precisely, that is, as it is in the US! BUT, it's no.1 cumulative, if you take the world -including the US- as a single market without breaking it down to individual countries..
If we just say that "its' no.1 abroad but no.2 domestically", it is first of all inaccurate, and it gives the impression that somehow the movie is more successful elsewhere than in the United States -which is a gross LIE, which haters like to spread..

The movie is doing GREAT here, keeping steady to a degree that few expected.. And it's so-good performance domestically is one of the reasons for its great total numbers around the world. That's the story.

Jackson's `This Is It' tops $200 million worldwide
The Associated Press
Thursday, November 12, 2009; 1:38 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Sony Pictures says "Michael Jackson's This Is It" has passed the $200 million mark at the box office worldwide.
The film has pulled in $61 million domestically and more than $140 million overseas. That includes $27.2 million in Japan, $14.3 million in Great Britain and $12.1 million in Germany.
Sony Pictures marketing and distribution boss Jeff Blake says the film is drawing repeat business worldwide from Jackson fans.
"This Is It" captures Jackson's final performances as he rehearsed for his aborted concert tour. The movie includes Jackson doing such hits as "Beat It," "Thriller," "Human Nature" and "Billie Jean."
Jackson died in June just weeks before his marathon of 50 concerts was to begin in London.

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Sony Pictures says "Michael Jackson's This Is It" has passed the $200 million mark at the box office worldwide.
The film has pulled in $61 million domestically and more than $140 million overseas.

Mojo's box office for Wed is not out yet, but if this figure is true, it means it did another mil and a half last night..
Way to go!! :clapping:

The Associated Press

The film has pulled in $61 million domestically and more than $140 million overseas. That includes $27.2 million in Japan, $14.3 million in Great Britain and $12.1 million in Germany.
Sony Pictures marketing and distribution boss Jeff Blake says the film is drawing repeat business worldwide from Jackson fans.
"This Is It" captures Jackson's final performances as he rehearsed for his aborted concert tour. The movie includes Jackson doing such hits as "Beat It," "Thriller," "Human Nature" and "Billie Jean."
Jackson died in June just weeks before his marathon of 50 concerts was to begin in London.

You can’t imagine how happy I am for him, this is a great success! :clap:

Predictions for the Weekend of November 13-15 US

Filmgo.com

1 2012 $52M
2 A Christmas Carol $16.5M -45%
3 Michael Jackson’s This Is It $7.6M -42%
4 The Men Who Stare at Goats $7.4M -42%
5 Precious $5.5M +206%

Boxofficemojo.com

1 2012 $64.4
2 A Christmas Carol $20.3
3 Michael Jackson's This Is It $7.2
4 The Men Who Stare at Goats $7.1
5 The Fourth Kind $6.3

Leesmovieinfo.net

1 2012 $53.783
2 A Christmas Carol $20.072
3 This Is It $7.832
4 Men Stare at Goats $7.207
5 The Fourth Kind $6.196

(200 mil great news - let's make 300 mil :p)

TII #1 in Japan for the second week in a row
clapping.gif

jptii.jpg

I see some people think "This is it" did it good.

To me it wasnt an impressive Boxoffice at all.

Considering the situation I really thought "This is it" would do way way wayy more box office
It was not a boxoffice hit.

Just can´t believe the Harry Potter 6 and The Dark Knight thing did that boxoffice.

I really can not recognise this new world XD

Considering the situation I really thought "This is it" would do way way wayy more box office

Just can´t believe the Harry Potter 6 and The Dark Knight thing did that boxoffice.

My God why are you comparing TII with HP? It's a concert movie... not to everyone's taste! and to gross $200 MILLIONS in JUST TWO WEEKS for a half doc half concert movie is EXCEPTIONALLY WELL my dear!!

Ok don't get me started cause that was some serious BS. First of all, this film is a DOCUMENTARY (This genre doesn't do well at BO to begin with), second, This is a DOC about REHEARSAL footage of the most controversial (yes he is loved by us, but the genral public still have there reservations about him) figure in music. This is BYFAR a successful film on any terms. Some regualr films with popular leading men and women don't even do this well. please...

You're comparing a DOCUMENTARY, more specifically, a CONCERT-DOCUMENTARY to a BLOCKBUSTER. Of course, blockbusters are going to make more money than a documentary! Blockbusters tend to appeal to wider audiences, have a bigger budget and they are made (expected) to earn a lot of money. For a concert-documentary film like This Is It to make $200 million like most blockbusters is, in my opinion, incredible for a film of its type. I like tracking the grosses of my favorite films so I've been paying special attention to This Is It. I can honestly tell you that so far, I'm impressed.

Actually it was even better Wednsday night than we first thought.
$1,978,878 last night, 61,327,075 overall!! (yesterday it seems was in general a good cinema night, CC also did better than Tuesday). I think it will pass 63 mil tonight and surely make a total of 70 by the end of the weekend..

Actually it was even better Wednsday night than we first thought.
$1,978,878 last night, 61,327,075 overall!! (yesterday it seems was in general a good cinema night, CC also did better than Tuesday). I think it will pass 63 mil tonight and surely make a total of 70 by the end of the weekend..

Yesterday was Veterans's Day...a holiday for school kids.

:doh:

Okay, you need to quit already 'cause nothing you just posted makes any sense whatsoever!

Reality check please!:smilerolleyes:

Yesterday was Veterans's Day...a holiday for school kids.

yeah sorry, i forgot that.. I'm neither a school kid nor got any, so it slipped away of my memory..lol

FYI....title needs updating. TII is way past those old numbers. :D

ou1mxe.jpg

It is a MAJOR hit!!! It is currently the best selling concert film worldwide... And it wasn't even filmed to be a movie!! That is a great success! :clap:

'This Is It' Wins Yahoo Purple Filmstrip Awards
pfa_hdr_r.jpg

THIS MONTH'S WINNER
thisisit_smallteaser.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT
Starring: Michael Jackson
Directed by: Kenny Ortega

The King of Pop is gone, but he left behind this document of his extraordinary talent.
The movie, assembled from rehearsal footage, is the highest-grossing
concert film of all time worldwide, and Yahoo! users give it an astonishing A rating.

http://movies.yahoo.com/purple-filmstrip-award

Last edited:
Back