Tickets to Michael Jackson movie go on sale September 27 ( 2 week run only )[ Threads Merged ]

Re: Jackson `This Is It' film gets 2-week limited run (AP)

This is dumb, why would it only be in theatres for 2 friggen weeks. Sony ruins everything, this should be in cinemas right through the holidays!

Re: Tickets to Michael Jackson movie go on sale September 27

I hope its in theatres everywhere at least?

This sucks. I'm doubtful about my movie theaters playing it too.
Hopefully they extend the date if it's successful.

Hmmm this sounds weird. I've never heard of a movie only being available for 2 weeks in a cinema. I hope this plan works, sounds to me like they are planning to get all the MJ fans crammed in the 2 weeks, make a pile of cash then have the DVD released by December for Christmas.

two weeks? maybe they might change their mind when many people go to see the film?

Grrrrr, I hate when things like this happen! It's just plain disrespectful to the fans. I mean, I'm already stressed out about getting tickets, let alone watching the movie with the general public...I'm cringing. Literally. Like, this is one of those movies that you can only watch with certain people. UGH they had better extend the run-time AND release it on DVD...or else there will be hell to pay from MJ fans lol

This is strange, pre sale tickets for a theater movie?
I just want the dvd so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home

Cineplex here in Canada doesnt have THIS IS IT scheduled ... I hope they will present it.

It is not Cineplex's fault...its Sony's who have failed to provide Canadian cinemas with any information about the film. I imagine this will change in the next 1-2 weeks so keep an eye on their website. This is a copy of an email I sent them a few days ago regarding the movie and this was their reply.

---
Dear Travis,

Thank you for contacting Cineplex Entertainment.

At this time we do not have any information on the film Michael Jackson: This Is It, as Sony Pictures has not announced their Canadian release plans for the movie. Once they have worked out their release date, it will be posted on the Coming Soon page of www.cineplex.com.

Regards,

Tami Toyman
Guest Services
Cineplex Entertainment LP
guestservices@cineplex.com

I just checked fandango and it said that "TII" wasn't being shown in my area. I hope as it gets closer to the date that I can buy tickets. ALso there is not release date for TII???

I don't think there is a reason why the film wouldn't do well. This is Michael Jackson, he's more popular than ever now. For that reason, the film probably has a limited run so more people will hurry up and see it. I just thought about that.

Yea, in my internet home page there is an article that says, that there has been a huge demand for the film or something like that.

If it's a documentary type film and not Jonas Brothers/Hannah Montana films.. only select cities like L.A., NYC, D.C. might get the movie. Not sure if this will be a wide release that's why some of your theatres haven't put it on their schedule. Maybe it'll play in 500 theatres and expand it if there's too much demand.

It makes no sense to only release this in certain states though. This should be worldwide in every theater.

If it's a documentary type film and not Jonas Brothers/Hannah Montana films.. only select cities like L.A., NYC, D.C. might get the movie. Not sure if this will be a wide release that's why some of your theatres haven't put it on their schedule. Maybe it'll play in 500 theatres and expand it if there's too much demand.
the artical states WORLDWIDE for two weeks. So that shouldn't be the case. Just in major states would equal select cities.

also has anyone seen any advertisement for it? I've been to the movies a few days ago and didn't see it in the previews before the movie starts.

ughh so I wonder if its only going to be in L.A. and N.Y? that really sucks. they better put this on D.V.D

Grrrrr, I hate when things like this happen! It's just plain disrespectful to the fans. I mean, I'm already stressed out about getting tickets, let alone watching the movie with the general public...I'm cringing. Literally. Like, this is one of those movies that you can only watch with certain people. UGH they had better extend the run-time AND release it on DVD...or else there will be hell to pay from MJ fans lol

Aww Poor Michael fans, stressed out about buying tickets, and having to sit with the general public! Such an inconvinience! First the fans birthday celebrations were ruined now this!

it will be shown even in Ukraine, so i hope they will bring it to Kyrgyzstan...but i really care bout the folks that'll come, some not-MJ-fan-but-curious...they should see the magic.

and better a blu-ray release, ur right)

Last edited:

too short...but maybe they just want to test the water,see how many peple will go and after give more time...this is how they did with the concerts too...

I'm thinking that because it is only a 2 week run - that they may try and get this out on DVD/Blu Ray in time for the Christmas market... maybe even release sometime around 14th Dec?

Just a thought ??

Ugh...I doubt it will come to theaters in this hicktown that I live in. :( I'd really like to see it in theaters, especially if it will only be in them for 2 weeks...it makes it a more special thing.

well, well, Sony, let's pre-sale tickets on TM, then give a huge amount to viagogo for triple price, claiming that all tickets were sold on TM... Why not? AEG did it

i,ve never heard this before ,selling cinema tickets prior to release,so it,s going to be just like it was during this is it ticket sales,and michaels true fans ,some will probably miss out again,this is my opinion,

I believe when they say limited they not only mean a limited time but also limited theatres.
As it has all been done in a bit of a rush - the judge only allowed the film to be made a short while ago and editing only started last week - no official information has yet to be distributed to the cinema chains. I expect the film will be show in major cities in each country, but not local screens. Tickets will be the same price as a standard ticket and people will be able to buy them in the same way as they normally do - at the box office or online.
From what Kenny said on his Twitter yesterday and in that press release it sounds to me as though this isn't actually going to be a concert like Miley Cyrus or Jonas Brothers. This is going to be a documentary about Mike putting the shows together and will include some limited rehearsal footage. Don't expect to see many performances or even a complete performance. It will be short clips.
I do expect to see this released on a DVD because Sony are all about milking Mike for as much money as they can, so don't even worry about that. IF there is enough good (or even passable) rehearsal footage to put on a TII concert DVD I'm quite certain Sony will release that too. I just don't think this show is going to be it. Don't forget the estate specified a maximum play time of 150minutes. The TII concerts were due to run for almost as long as that, so if it was a concert show, they wouldn't have time to cram in "a rare portrait of Michael as he prepares for his final curtain call" IMO.

Limited sounds like..... incredible, outrages prices....
Isn't there noone in that entire management who thinks about us, the fans? We loved Michael deeply and the other way around as well. Michael would never ever have wanted this!

I'm gonna see it in theaters and get the DVD.

Disney made successful use of a similarly unorthodox release strategy for its 3-D concert movie “Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds.” That film’s limited two-week engagement in February 2008 drove attendance in its opening weekend, resulting in “Best of Both Worlds” becoming a surprise No. 1 hit.

(source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...-jackson-movie-opening-moved-up-two-days.html)

This 2 weeks thing is basicly a marketing ploy to make you see again and again. They want your money. They fool you into thinking you have to see. Like with Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers it will probably be extended and then released on DVD

But I will see it and get the DVD!

Back