"This Is It" song information from the US Copyright Office.

this sounds good but I was hoping to get something new that he recorded in the last year or so.

I have an interesting question (maybe this should be a poll):

Q: Do you think the song will be leaked prior to October 12th?

Here's a better question: what DOESN'T get leaked?!

This thread is kinda crazy....filled with speculation and agruments about the speculation LOL.

Let's go with the assumption that Michael chose to use a song called THIS IS IT for these concerts called THIS IS IT......I just don't know why Michael would name his concert THIS IS IT and then dig up a track from yesteryear and not re-record it.

Im going to agree with the person that possibly Michael dusted this track off, re-recorded it for the present and was going to use it. Then, once Michael passed, the people decided to use the old track (with the Jacksons on back up) and then use the new version too..with the new additions (new vocals and new arrangment/backing instrumentation) - thats assuming its an old song....could be a new song with the same title as before, like Damien suggested.

In any event....its new to US - so im excited either way. Wouldnt it be awesome to hear vintage MJ singing it and then present day MJ singing it? That would be wicked.

Its possible Mike had two songs called the same thing... Eg. One More Chance by The Jackson 5, then One More Chance by The Jacksons, then One More Chance by Michael Jackson... three completely different songs.

Little Suzie was written in 1979 but Mike sure didnt use the 1979 version on HIStory album.

So there is every chance it really is a new song... especially considering the press release said he wrote it FOR the TII tour....

All I wanna say is that Sony had better release this properly... iTunes, CD single, all of that. If they dont they basically ignoring the fact that this could be an enormous #1 global hit.

I hope ure correct ! :)

2 versions, one the outtake , the other a brand new song for the upcoming concerts

This thread is kinda crazy....filled with speculation and agruments about the speculation LOL.

Let's go with the assumption that Michael chose to use a song called THIS IS IT for these concerts called THIS IS IT......I just don't know why Michael would name his concert THIS IS IT and then dig up a track from yesteryear and not re-record it.

Im going to agree with the person that possibly Michael dusted this track off, re-recorded it for the present and was going to use it. Then, once Michael passed, the people decided to use the old track (with the Jacksons on back up) and then use the new version too..with the new additions (new vocals and new arrangment/backing instrumentation) - thats assuming its an old song....could be a new song with the same title as before, like Damien suggested.

In any event....its new to US - so im excited either way. Wouldnt it be awesome to hear vintage MJ singing it and then present day MJ singing it? That would be wicked.

Man, that would be bad A$$! :punk:

I thought this topic was already discussed a while back. Didn't peeps already confirm, or at least reasonably postulated, that it was a different song that happen to share the same title as a previous work of his? maybe I'm trippin' but I coulda sworn this already happen:scratch:

I doubt it's a "classic". if it was, Mike would have released it a long time ago.

or perhaps I'm just feeling a bit too cynical today. just ignore me.

Haha but I was thinking the same.. If it was so good Michael would have released it before right?

Gaah... What to believe.....:(

That's exactly what Arty was trying to say and Damien didn't understand ;)

Arty means that This Is It is a song written in the 80's and not a new one, because the new CD set will contain two versions. One with The Jacksons and the other one solo. The solo version was probably re-recorded this year. The second one was recorded in the 80's for a Jacksons album.

If there were two different songs titeled This Is It (like One More Chance by The Jacksons and OMC 2003) it would mean that Michaels brothers recorded the vocals after he passed away... and it is very unlikely IMO.

So the new CD will probably contain something like
Little Susie 1979 and Little Susie 1995... so it would be This Is It 1984 and This Is It 2009.

same song but RECORDED twice.

Thanks! At least you understand me!

well if the solo was re-recorded by Michael this year (or last year), I'm fine with it!

I just want something Mike did recently.

Does it really matter when the song was originally recorded? It's still "new" because it's been in the can and unreleased for so many years. Artists dig up old tracks, revamp them, and release them more often than folks think.

Does it really matter when the song was originally recorded? It's still "new" because it's been in the can and unreleased for so many years. Artists dig up old tracks, revamp them, and release them more often than folks think.

Well with Michael it's not that easy, because his voice always sounds different... and the difference between 1980's and now is huge... If it was a song from the HIStory or Invincible sessions it could be updated just a bit and would sound fresh... but 80's - no...

I hope he did rerecord it this year or in 2008.

The song was recorded in 1980 but not officially registered until 1984. Here is the info from the US Copyright Office:

This is it / Michael Jackson.
Relevance:
Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu000668598 / 1984-11-16
Title: This is it / Michael Jackson.
Description: 1 sound cassette.
Copyright Claimant: Mijac Music
Date of Creation: 1980
Authorship on Application: words & music: Michael Jackson.

Names: Jackson, Michael
Mijac Music

or the direct link:
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...sQn6h3XvTyQ4a1vncUEk&SEQ=20090924194833&SID=2
i feel like singing
this is it
this time i know its for love
my emtions in me are like circeals in my broken heart
this is it this i know its for real for love i know
this is it this time i know i will live it for love
love love me emtions in me are like circeals in my broken heart
this it is this is all i need to know of is love
and love is always here and there
this is it this is bliss or love
it feels like heaven
circeals in my broken heart or hurt love
love is all i need and more
this time i know its for love and more
this is it that is i live with you but this is it show love

im bad singer i need singing leasons from michael
and spell better this lyricals

Yes! I'm really excited about this news.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. There were songs he would pull out of mothballs every time he was recording a new album. Look at when Earth Song was written vs. when it was released, etc. He did that a few times. I think he would literally work on a song, on and off, until he felt it was ready to be given to the world.

I doubt it's a "classic". if it was, Mike would have released it a long time ago.

the fact that Michael didn't relase it before doesn't matter much I think... For example "Smooth Criminal" almost wasn't relase on Bad, it's kinda hard to believe, lol...

and as some said, I also think these 2 versions are old one and new one recored recently :)
Can't wait to hear the single :)

This wouldn't surprise me at all. There were songs he would pull out of mothballs every time he was recording a new album. Look at when Earth Song was written vs. when it was released, etc. He did that a few times. I think he would literally work on a song, on and off, until he felt it was ready to be given to the world.
you a good point on this
you never know it mite leaked on the internet
i want to hear full version of a place with no name about 25sec of the song got leaked on here
this is it sound track will be good
no what what old remixed songs or new never heard songs
will be good for any michael fan

i feel like singing
this is it
this time i know its for love
my emtions in me are like circeals in my broken heart
this is it this i know its for real for love i know
this is it this time i know i will live it for love
love love me emtions in me are like circeals in my broken heart
this it is this is all i need to know of is love
and love is always here and there
this is it this is bliss or love
it feels like heaven
circeals in my broken heart or hurt love
love is all i need and more
this time i know its for love and more
this is it that is i live with you but this is it show love

im bad singer i need singing leasons from michael
and spell better this lyricals

Looks like now we know where the recent quotes are coming from now?

This is it.... It's All for Love L.O.V.E. maybe there is some connection?

Looks like now we know where the recent quotes are coming from now?

This is it.... It's All for Love L.O.V.E. maybe there is some connection?

its a song that is stack in my head for a few days i keep singing
this is it this time i know its for love
you and i will never have im here in heaven
but you are here with out me
this is it this time i know its for real

i don't know what im singing
like i say this is it song is stack in my head
but im singin' the wrong words

I have a feeling it's gonna be "Earth Song"/"Heal the World" '09.

"Little Susie" was taken from the vault and re-recorded again.....
"They don't care about us" was taken from the vault and re-recorded again...
"Earth song” was taken from the vault and re-recorded again.....
"Never can say goodbye" re-recorded again but still never released... (Adult version)
"I'll be there” re-recorded again but still never released (adult version)....

This is it is No different, Just because its an old song doesn't mean it doesn't have any potential....I’m sure that MJ felt that the song is strong enough to re-recorded again as a soundtrack for the “this is it” concerts………..

I have heard the new song "This Is It"

its a mid-tempo ballad, like We've Had Enough.

Soon you will hear it.

I cant tell you, but it is somewhere related to Sony. be patient.

It's a decent song. Michael sang with the full strength, shouted the lyrics out all the way, when singing the chorus lyrics "this is it", he became a little tender.

You have to wait, but just several days away. Be patient, guys.

Back