The wedding of William and Kate

I awoke at 6:45 US time and I ran to the tvand turned on the wedding..little did I know..William and Kate were almost already married alrady had said the I.Do's...I was like what?...But then remembered that the time is 5 hours different..however I did still see quite a bit of it. I am o happy and pleased with the two of them. Katherine made such a beautiful bride..her dress her Vail....she has class and she is not of royal lineage..I think..her and William are so cute together..I think they are going to bring a more modern touch to the Royal thrown when it is there turn. I just loved it. The media seems be in love with Kate like they were Diana..THAT scares me..they are already referring to her as "The Peoples Princess"..they way they DID Diana...I will pray for this couple.. Hopefully the paps wont hound them...overall...I think they are a wonderful ..beautiful looking couple.

^ I agree. I do hope she does not struggle like Diana.

This wedding made me cry because I'm not a Princess. It makes me proud to be British but I wish I was her.

What in the world has happened in here? Andrey wasn't even trolling the thread. He made one comment about the wedding being boring. Afterwards, he was engaged in conversation by a question and then told this thread isn't for his negative opinion????? What is that??? This thread is about the wedding. People can state if they do not find it interesting. He is not spamming the board and continually saying, "I hate this", "This is boring". He only said it one time before being asked to explain.

I am not sure people are fully understanding that this is a forum. People will have many different opinions. It does not mean someone is being negative just because they are not happy about a particular thing. Who wants a board where everyone thinks the same? If you don't agree, read over a person's comment. All of the attacks on him is what made this thread negative and it was NOT necessary.

Come on people. We can do better than that.

Please and thank you.
Some people on this board are not able to tolerate opinions which differ from theirs. IMO the constant harassing people face for their so called 'negativ opinion' is annoying as hell, it happens in many threads, such a behavior needs to be stopped.

If you disagree with all of this, why did you need to come here and tell us? Yes you can have your own opinion but we are not here to debate about this, we just want to discuss the wedding - positively.
You have no business in telling people what to do and what not! You have an ignore button start making a use of it, if you can't handle opinions that differ from your own or in your words 'negative opinions'. SMDH

As for the wedding, I missed it, I wish the newly weds nothing but well :)

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat a$$ about this wedding?

I mean....I am sick of the coverage. I don't get why North Americans are all happy and waking up at 3AM to watch this thing. The media has barely covered the people who died in the storm in Alabama....yet they are all up the royals a**.

That being said, well wishes to the couple...
thumbs down to the media

I woke up at 6:15 and that was just on time for the I do's :) I watched them leave the church and then took a nap (or actually fall asleep) and woke up to cheers of people when they were on the balcony and was able to see the kiss :) It was a lovely wedding. I wish them the best.

I woke up at 6:15 and that was just on time for the I do's :) I watched them leave the church and then took a nap (or actually fall asleep) and woke up to cheers of people when they were on the balcony and was able to see the kiss :) It was a lovely wedding. I wish them the best.
ohh..Lucky you got to see the I do's. I thought the first kiss was so natural...nothing forced about it..I mean really they kiss everyday. The second kiss...it was cute because William blushed....again Kate seemed natural..I like them together...I hope they last.

QUESTION: When a man from the Royal Family gets married, does the lady have to be a virgin?? I know that they made Princess Di go through the "virgin test" I'm sure was embarrassing but for Kate, she refused.

I thought it was stunning! Have to say I was very emotional when I first saw William and Harry first turn around that corner in the car. I just wish wish wish Diana could have been here, that's such a tragic element to the day.

Absolutely gorgeous, very proud to be British! A lot of people are very negative about all this, but my opinion is that it's one day...get a grip!

I wonder how long it will take for the tabloids to report that William is having an affair

I didn't plan on watching this at all (because even though I understand why all the hype in UK, I don't really see why it has to be number one news here, too (in Finland)) but yet, I ended up wathing it all the way through :lol: The same happened last June with Victoria and Daniel.. lol

Kate's wedding dress was gorgeous! I absolutely loved it!! They make a beautiful couple, I wish all the best for them :)

Well, I had a blast!! We went to a friends for a Royal Party! Popped open the Pimms at 10am and thoroughly enjoyed the whole occassion! Kate looked stunning (as did her sister) and I loved the little bridesmaids in their ivory dresses. William looked very handsome in his uniform. Both Willam and Kate looked genuinely happy and relaxed throughout the whole event (did wonder whether she may have been given a sedative - I'd have needed one)! I couldn't stop smiling when they kissed on the balcony - twice!! Loved the decorated Aston Martin too - JU5T WED!

Kate looked absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful fairytale wedding :) Nobody does splendor like the Brits. I sometimes wish our royal family was as institutionalized as the British, ours is much more casual and closer to the people (which has its benefits too). Tomorrow is Queensday for us, a huge national holiday where we celebrate the Queen's birthday and you can clearly see the difference between the role of both royal families in society. But perhaps Kate can modernize the British monarchy a bit ;)

The news said around two BILLION people watched the wedding. That can't be correct, right? :mello:

just found this

Prince William tells his bride Kate Middleton: ‘You look stunning, babe’

Prince William told his bride that she looked beautiful as she walked towards the altar today, according to a lipreader.

“You look stunning, babe,” he told Kate Middleton, as she walked towards him in her Alexander McQueen dress.

“Yes, it looks fantastic, it’s beautiful,” he added, according to Ruth Press, who has been deaf since birth and works as a forensic lipreader.

Prince William also cracked a joke to his father-in-law at the altar before the royal wedding ceremony, saying: “We’re supposed to have just a small family affair”.

The joke by William to Michael Middleton in Westminster Abbey was spotted by Tina Lannin, lipreader for O’Malley Communications.

She also spotted Prince Harry nervously comment ”Right, she is here now”, as Miss Middleton arrived at the abbey.

Ms Lannin, who has been deaf all her life, relies on lipreading to communicate and can lipread in Arabic, Spanish, German and Japanese, as well as English. She is also a forensic lipreader, reading CCTV and other media where sound is absent..

Miss Middleton was determined to surprise Prince William with her dress as she walked down the aisle, going to great lengths to ensure that it remained a surprise on the day.

As she left the Goring Hotel shortly before the ceremony, a tent hid her from the crowds, to maintain the surprise.

- The Telegraph - 04/29/11

@Linda ^^^Wow, could it be that much! Is this really interesting to people outside of Europe and US/Canada?

I heard that number before, referring to Michael's memorial. I don't think it is possible, but who knows... It's really hard to meassure with people watching at pubs and big screens and so on.

I heard that number before, referring to Michael's memorial. I don't think it is possible, but who knows... It's really hard to meassure with people watching at pubs and big screens and so on.

I think Michael's memorial had 1 billion viewers, which is still incredibly much :)

@Linda ^^^Wow, could it be that much! Is this really interesting to people outside of Europe and US/Canada?

I think a lot of people in Asia, the Middle East and the Maghreb (North Africa) watched this too, as many of these countries also have a royal family of some kind (not to mention India which was a British colony for many years). Still, the amount of viewers took me by surprise. I expected it to be between 500 million - 1 billion.

Well i said i wasn't going to watch it...but i couldn't resist!! :lol:
Awk it was lovely...William and Kate are soooo cute together.
Plus .....Prince Harry...Hubba Hubba :naughty:

Well i said i wasn't going to watch it...but i couldn't resist!! :lol:
Awk it was lovely...William and Kate are soooo cute together.
Plus .....Prince Harry...Hubba Hubba :naughty:
So you were probably the one with the "marry me Harry" sign in front of Buckingham Palace? :lol:

In our tv they also mentioned several times the number 2 billion, but I don't know..

So you were probably the one with the "marry me Harry" sign in front of Buckingham Palace? :lol:

In our tv they also mentioned several times the number 2 billion, but I don't know..

I saw that :lol: I think many girls have moved on from William to Harry lol :p

:D
2qsqp02.jpg

source: flickr

I think a lot of people in Asia, the Middle East and the Maghreb (North Africa) watched this too, as many of these countries also have a royal family of some kind (not to mention India which was a British colony for many years). Still, the amount of viewers took me by surprise. I expected it to be between 500 million - 1 billion.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I just wasn't sure how global this would be. I guess I'm set straight! :lol:

They said that the tiara that Catherine wore was the Queen Mother's and the first hymn Guide Me, O Thou Great Redeemer was sung at Princess Diana's funeral. I couldn't help but think that Michael would have loved to see this wedding when I saw how Prince William & Harry were dressed and the various military type uniforms. I loved Catherine's dress; I thought it was perfect. It's been an extraordinary day. I'm glad I was able to see it all.

On this page is the official wedding programme: http://www.officialroyalwedding2011...ncluding-Order-of-Service--available-online-1

If you click on the pdf link you can see it.

Back