The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

The statement about Sting was true. He did not quite do the same business as he did with Flair. His feud with Vader was big but it wasn't as big as his feud with Flair. The only other time he had something really major going on was when he did the "crow" Sting and feuded with Hogan which turned out to be the most hyped match-up that ended up being the biggest flop. Keeping in mind I love Sting.

Triple H married the boss' daughter so that mean's hes a bad guy? His career was booming in late 1996 and really went off in 1997 which was way before he was dating Stephine...in fact he was dating Chyna. He was already one of their biggest stars by the time he was dating Steph.

He made it where he is today because he is a hell of a worker and is currently one of the best in the business. Its amazing how many people are blinded by his love interest and fail to see how talented he really is and that he deserves the spot he has.
True. He didn't do the same business, but he was successful and was the one that kept WCW afloat with Flair and Luger left. I prefer Sting's matches with The Great Muta than I do with Flair because by their April 1999 match, it was basically a rehash of their July 1990 match :lol: You can tell Flair had basically stopped developing his style by then

Sting had cool fueds with Vader, Rick Rude(RIP), a couple of guys. Remember how he was one of the few guys that made Lex Luger look good :lol:.....now you've made me miss WCW! :lol:

I haven't been fond of Trips these days for several reasons. Yeah he's a great in ring performer and he's worked hard, but at the same time he benefitted from being part of the Kliq (Flair's assessment that Hall and Nash were the ones who influenced "naive" Triple H to do the "curtain call" incident made me go WTF) Not to mention that horrible Helmsley-McMahon era:doh:....I really hated watching them that I had to stop watching for awhile (Having all 4 McMahons on TV every week isn't a good thing)

not really, I dont think he benefitted from them except learning what it takes to be in the main event, or at least getting that hunger to be there. the clique was gone before H could get a "start".

The curtain call at the MSG, HBK was champ so hunter was the one who was punished. (For anyone who has no clue what Im talking about it was when a group of guys called the clique in wrestling, two of them on their last night, two remaining with the WWE, broke character in the ring and all hugged, something which is greatly frowned upon).

It wasnt until DX got started where he really made a turn and even then it took a while for him to even get into gear to where he is now. I think he deserves much of the credit himself, changing heel when DX was hot, changing his look, the music, the attitude, the sledgehammer, all little things that made his character great.

also just to respond to your last comment, we only see one mcmahon per week usually, Stephanie has been running things for months, Vince has been written out , quite a while back actally, but was announced to be coming back.

not really, I dont think he benefitted from them except learning what it takes to be in the main event, or at least getting that hunger to be there. the clique was gone before H could get a "start".

The curtain call at the MSG, HBK was champ so hunter was the one who was punished. (For anyone who has no clue what Im talking about it was when a group of guys called the clique in wrestling, two of them on their last night, two remaining with the WWE, broke character in the ring and all hugged, something which is greatly frowned upon).

It wasnt until DX got started where he really made a turn and even then it took a while for him to even get into gear to where he is now. I think he deserves much of the credit himself, changing heel when DX was hot, changing his look, the music, the attitude, the sledgehammer, all little things that made his character great.

also just to respond to your last comment, we only see one mcmahon per week usually, Stephanie has been running things for months, Vince has been written out , quite a while back actally, but was announced to be coming back.
Now we do, but remember back in 1999-2002 when Vince, Linda, Shane, and Stephanie was on TV and were involved in the major storylines. That got annoying QUICK:doh:

btw, has anybody been watching TNA? I think they could improve if they fired Vince Russo:scratch:

oh definitely, it was cool when it was HHH and Steph against them all then they all joined up, got old very quick as did having all the Mcmahons shoved down our throats.

TNA just cant match the WWE on production value and are small scale, they need to expand majorly to compete, fight for sponsors, talent and get Global!

WWE is a corporation like Microsoft, no longer a small wrestling company

I've tried on many occasions through the past few years to get into TNA but I simply can not do it. I can watch it on occasion but not on a weekly basis. But I can say the same exact thing about the current WWE product actually.

Usually from now until WrestleMania the WWE puts out its best product so hopefully that starts now. I always find it funny that people claim to "hate Vince" so much but everytime hes gone and they say he's coming back he gets a great ovation. It's just funny to me that he always leaves as the most hated man but comes back as the most beloved.

I hope they kill off that HBK/JBL stuff before WM rolls around. I really can't imagine that they are going to drag that mess out that long. But I think that's the fanboy in me that is dieing to see HBK vs Taker at a WM! If you've never really seen their work look it up. Their match at In Your House: Ground Zero from 1997 is my personal favorite because it wasn't a match it was a "fight". It is unjustly overshadowed and forgotten about because of their Hell in A Cell Match.

You can't have a WM in Texas for the 25th Anniversary show without having HBK vs Taker...can you? I mean they've hyped the hell out of that for over a year now and now it's just vanished! I hope that HBK and JBL end at No Way Out so we get a month's build of Michaels/Taker. If that match happens I will order the show for that match alone.

^^From what I've been hearing , it might be JBL vs HBK at Wrestlemania instead.

What do you guys think of the whole Randy Savage issue. Vince has been holding a grudge for years

I was at TNA Genesis in Charlotte, NC. last night. I took my son who is a huge wrestling fan. I had a wonderful time. It was so much fun. We had great seats. My son had his face painted like Sting. lol

What do you guys think of the whole Randy Savage issue. Vince has been holding a grudge for years

I am a huge Savage fan. I have no idea what the truth is anymore but I refuse to believe the rumors that have been discussed over the years because they are just that...rumors and most of them are so outlandish.

I'll just say that it is a disgrace that he is not in the Hall of Fame. I love Bret Hart and I can tell you that no one saw him ever returning for that and he did so what the heck is up with Savage? Vince has had fall outs with all the top stars over the years but Savage is the only man that has been pretty much forgotten like this and it is sad.

The Madness belongs in the HOF.

maybe the rumours are true then. Since Vince has gave others who left his company a second chance, I think the question is what and who Savage did wrong to before he left for WCW in 1994.

I don't know I just can't imagine that rumors between him and Stephanie being true it's so out there ya know? If anyone doesn't know basically one of the rumors is Savage slept with an underaged Stephanie and thus why Miss. Elizabeth his then wife left him. But I mean come on. He would have been fired and sent to jail if that really happened lets be real here.

The thing is no one really speaks the truth about this. Savage till this day still plays around with it and McMahon simply doesn't talk about it. In 1994 Randy wanted to continue to wrestle but the WWF was into the whole "New Generation" thing so there wasn't much of a spot for Savage.

If anything Vince felt betrayed because he played Macho Man as the last legend in the WWF. But that is the only thing that can be confirmed just by watching that era. But again, every top star eventually back stabbed McMahon so again, its one of those things that we'll probably never know the truth about.

true but Hogan walked out on him and signed with WCW after fucking him over so many more times than Randy, savage has done something to really wrong him for McMahon after all these years not want his company to have anything to do with him, not even a dvd boxset, the rumours about Stephanie I think could be true, perhaps not slept with...but maybe he crossed the line!

Posted in: WWE
WWE Official's Outrageous Comments, Details On WWE Star's Release
By Daniel Pena
Jan 13, 2009 - 3:17:49 PM

sources: www.f4wonline.com, PWInsider.com

-- Steve Keirn, who oversees WWE's developmental program, Florida Championship [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Wrestling[/COLOR][/COLOR], made some outrageous comments during his appearance on the Bubba the Love Sponge [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]radio [COLOR=#fff200! important]show[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] last week mere days after the release of the Waxman documents relating to steroids in professional wrestling.

Keirn said WWE only wants guys who are between 6-foot-2 and 6-foot-6 with lean physiques that would look good on television. Keirn basically said WWE doesn't want any small [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]wrestlers[/COLOR][/COLOR] by saying "they don't want anyone who is 5-foot-1." He also added that with all due respect to Rey Mysterio, who he said is one of the biggest superstars in wrestling today, WWE is looking for "bigger guys than that."

In the spring of 2006, Vince McMahon reportedly issued a directive to John Laurinaitis saying he only wanted him to sign wrestlers who are at least 6-foot-2 and 240 pounds to a contract. While the roster as a whole is the probably the smallest in the company's history, little has changed since then as WWE still primarily signs wrestlers who match that very description -- even if they have little to no prior wrestling experience. With the exception of a handful of wrestlers in developmental (TJ Wilson, Hade Vansen and Chris Cage), the majority of the roster & recent signees are over six feet tall and 200 pounds.

-- Regarding last week's release of [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]ECW[/COLOR][/COLOR] wrestler Gavin Spears, while he was regarded as one of the most technically proficient workers on the roster, officials felt he was too skinny and "didn't have the right look." They gave him a few matches on ECW as part of their "new talent initiative," but officials had no real plans for him from the start. Scotty Goldman and Ryan Braddock, who debuted around the same time as Spears, fall in the same category. This explains why it took all three so long to be called up to the roster, and then do little of note upon their respective arrivals. Spears is now unemployed, and both Goldman & Braddock haven't appeared on television in months. Between the three of them, they've garnered a total of one win in WWE (Braddock won a match in September as a result of a disqualification, after Jesse and Festus wrapped him in bubble wrap and duct tape).

-- A.M. Raw on 1/10 drew a 0.5 cable rating. Regarding last Friday's edition of SmackDown, which was the most watched telecast in the history of MyNetworkTV with 3.9 million viewers, the show tied for first in the 8-10 p.m. block with CBS and Fox among men 18-49, with a 1.6 rating in the demo. The show drew 868,000 adults 18-49.Posted in: NEWS
Astin Trial Date Set: Illegally Prescribed Drugs To WWE Wrestlers
By Daniel Pena
Jan 13, 2009 - 3:58:53 PM

source: www.f4wonline.com

Dr. Phil Astin III, who was the Benoit family physician at the time of the Benoit double murder/suicide, will finally go to trial in Newnan, Georgia on Monday, March 16th, 2009. The trial was set to begin this month, but Astin requested a 90-day continuance from District Judge Jack T. Camp, and has received it.

Astin was originally indicted in July of 2007, and then more charges were brought against him last May. Astin is being charged with 175 federal counts of illegally prescribing prescription medication to 17 different individuals. Those charges are made up of 150 counts of illegal prescription abuse. At least six of these patients are believed to be professional wrestlers, including ones working for WWE. At the time of the indictment, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the patients allegedly received illegal prescriptions for the following drugs: Percocet, Oxycontin, Demerol, Lorcet, Ritalin, Vicodin, Xanax, Adderall and [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Soma[/COLOR][/COLOR].

The 17 patients are referred to by their initials in the indictment. Two of the patients are Oscar Gutierrez, better known as Rey Mysterio, as well as former WWE wrestler Mark Jindrak, as the indictment includes previous charges related to distributing [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]painkillers[/COLOR][/COLOR] and other drugs to them. When questioned about his involvement with Astin during an appearance on Fox News' Red Eye program in August 2007 promoting his wrestling return at SummerSlam a few days later, Gutierrez said he was prescribed [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]pain [COLOR=#fff200! important]medication[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] from Astin due to six knee operations. He also denied ever using steroids. Jindrak is currently living in Mexico City, Mexico, competing for the CMLL promotion under the name Marco Corleone.

Also listed in the indictment are the initials CMB and NEB, likely referring to Christopher Michael Benoit and Nancy Elizabeth Benoit. The initials MAB and RWH are also listed and believed to be well known pro wrestlers. MAB appears to be Buff Bagwell, who's real name is Marcus Alexander Bagwell. RWH is believed to be Hardcore Holly, who's real name is Robert William Howard.

In July 2007, ABCNews.com reported that along with Benoit, Jindrak, and Gutierrez, Bagwell and Holly had their medical records seized by federal agents from Dr. Phil Astin's office. Lex Luger was also named in ABC's report, but no charges regarding him were filed in the indictment.

The indictment lists Astin as prescribing drugs illegally to Chris Benoit from December 13, 2004 to June 22, 2007, the day Benoit killed his wife. Astin prescribed him 600 Lorcets and 600 Somas on December 13, 2004, which lasted approximately 19 weeks, before Astin gave him a refill on those same prescriptions, which lasted about four months. That was the regular pattern of dosages prescribed to Benoit every few months until his death.

The indictment notes that Nancy Benoit regularly received prescriptions for Lorcet, [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Xanax[/COLOR][/COLOR] and Somas -- mainly Lorcet -- from June 6, 2005 to May 30, 2007. According to the indictment, Nancy usually got 75 tablets of Lorcet every 11 days to nine weeks, although on August 11, 2006, she got an undated prescription allowing her to get 600 tablets of Lorcet and 600 of Xanax, which lasted eight weeks. From then on out she was getting 150 Lorcet tablets per visit, but on March 12, 2007 and May 30, 2007, she was given 120 tablets at first with the ability for 240 additional tablets with refills.

According to the indictment, Jindrak regularly received huge quantities of undated prescriptions during his time in World Wrestling Entertainment, which lasted through July 2005. He was still being prescribed drugs well into his departure from the company. From April 29, 2004 to April 16, 2007, Jindrak received Percosets, Vicoprfen, Xanax, Lorcet, Soma and Adderall. After moving to Mexico City full-time in 2006, he would return to Atlanta every three months or so to visit Astin. On September 8, 2006, Astin prescribed Jindrak a total of 1,740 pills (120 Percosets, 90 Adderall, 600 Lorcets, 480 Xanax and 480 Soma), which lasted for three months. That was the usual pattern with his visits, every three months with the same number of pills. Although, Jindrak went through one batch in six weeks in December 2006-January 2007. On December 8, 2006, Jindrak received prescriptions for 1,770 pills and came back just six weeks later on January 19, 2007. That batch lasted for about three months before his next visit to Astin on April 16, 2007 in which he was prescribed 1,740 pills.

Regarding RHW, who is believed to be current WWE star Hardcore Holly, he was prescribed Percoset, Lorcet and Soma every few months, and was given undated prescriptions for almost everything else needed. On September 19, 2006, Astin prescribed him total of 2,550 pills.

MAB, believed to be Marcus Alexander Bagwell, was regularly prescribed pain killers from Astin. On December 7, 2006, Bagwell received prescriptions for Percoset, Lorcet, Xanax and Soma totaling 1,680 pills and came back for a similar refill ten weeks later. Bagwell regularly visited Astin every eight to nine weeks up until his arrest shortly after Benoit killed his wife and son. Bagwell's last visit took place on June 14, 2007 and he was prescribed the same four sets of pills, as well as 60 40 mg. tablets of Oxycontin on the side.

Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) also received undated prescriptions and post-dated prescriptions for either Percoset or Lorcet, although the dosages weren't as high as the other pro wrestlers. Since he lives in Chula Vista, California, he saw Astin less frequently than the other other wrestlers in question who all lived in the Atlanta area except for one. Since WWE's introduction of the Wellness policy in November 2005, he was only listed as having made two visits to Astin, which took place during the summer of 2006. WWE wrestlers are only supposed to use primary care physicians for prescriptions, so it seems a little strange that Gutierrez's primary doctor is in an Atlanta suburb when he lives in Southern California. On June 28, 2006, Gutierrez was prescribed 120 Percosets, 150 Lorcets and refills allowed for 450 more Lorcets. He received a similar level of medication a few weeks later on July 20, 2006 -- three days before losing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship to Booker T at the Great American Bash.

The prosecution is also claiming that Astin's prescriptions led to the death of a patient, believed to be Mike "Johnny Grunge" Durham. Dr. Astin was the primary physician of Durham, and he wrote 32 of the 36 prescriptions written for Durham during the last year of his life. Durham passed away on February 16, 2006.

While the investigation started in light of the death of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit, he hasn't been charged with anything relating to steroids even though Chris's levels were sky-high at the time of his death not to mention that he had several packages of steroids in his Fayetteville home. The toxicology report on Benoit showed that he had a testosterone level ten times above the normal level.

Spoiler on a New 2009 WWE Hall of Fame Inductee
Jan 12 2009 by Marc Middleton

window.google_render_ad();

- Cowboy Bill Watts, the former wrestler, booker of UWF and Mid-South Wrestling and head of WCW announced today that he has accepted an invitation from WWE to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at this year's ceremony. Watts has selected Jim Ross to present him into the Hall.

- Here is the email Watts sent out to his friends today, courtesy of wrestlingfigs.com:

Friends...

Got a very surprising call yesterday...from the offices of the WWE...(which is Vince McMahon's pro-wrestling company)...the 'flagship of the industry'....world-wide...and the 'caller'... told me 'they' had chosen me to be 'inducted into the WWE Wrestling Hall of Fame'...on the next Wrestlemania (which is their biggest annual event on pay-per-view)... Saturday...April 4th...and 'would I consent and be available to attend the festivities in Houston on that date'...and for that weekend... and I can 'assure you'...anything the WWE does like this is 'first class and then some!'

First...what an honor... to be 'recognized by one's peers'... and this...doubly so...because Vince Jr. and I have been on the 'opposite sides' of this business back when I was still active...(although his father and I worked extremely well together during his life)...

But when Vince's idea for 'his vision' of pro-wrestling was launched... it put him in an adversarial position to all other promotions here in the US... and eventually he was the 'winner'... and has built a true financial empire with 'his brand'...and changed forever the sport and industry...

Now...he and I did work together for 3 months some years back (my last active participation in the industry)...
and I gained 'huge personal respect for him'...and as a visionary...and a person...his creative genius flowed in great lock-step with me during our 'creative sessions'... he truly was one I could 'do booking with' in the same far reaching way I was taught by another true genius of our business...Eddie Graham...And everything Vince did...and how he interacted with me...was complete class... he is a detailed work-a-holic...with great self-discipline...who lives and breathes this business and his vision of it...

So...I respect him completely... even if we are 'not on point' on everything philosophically...;>)

Thus...I never 'envisioned being asked by his group' to be inducted into their Hall of Fame...so...it was 'a surprise'... a very 'pleasurable one'... and I accepted with a 'whole heart'... and look forward to this...btw...I am also going to their World HQ this month to do a 'round-table discussion' in two TV tapings...not-related to the HOF...which should also be interesting and fun...

So...I just wanted to share this with you...

I am also asked to 'choose my presenter into the HOF'...and one of the great honors I personally experienced was to be chosen by Ernie Ladd to be his presenter into this same HOF years ago...and I still grieve his fairly recent loss as he transitioned to his Heavenly home... and there are many who have contributed so damn much to my career...*(sadly also...too many that have transitioned out of this life)...

in fact...in reflecting as I write this...my 25 plus years in the industry...there were so 'damn many' true 'characters'...'unique individuals'... both in the biz and out...that contributed so tremendously to my life...that as hard as it may be for any of you to accept...'I am humbled by them...and their contributions'...and even moreso...for those who impacted me in such a major way... at a time when I did NOT take the time to even truly realize it...or value it so tremendously... to each of them... thank you!!

But without a doubt... if it is agreed to by them (WWE)...there can be 'no other'...than Jim Ross...(their JR)...as he has been with me since he was a young man...and worked his way up to my 'right hand man'... by becoming a great contributor and force in so many aspects of this business... and even now...is a VP in WWE...and one of Vince McMahon's trusted advisors...and Jim has always 'been a supporter of mine'...sometimes even to the detriment of his own career momentarily... because you just cannot hold a good man back for long...

like at WCW... when I left that operation and they 'appointed a guy named Bischoff to run it'...which in my opinion was the final straw that begin the process of totally destroying that wrestling division in Turner Broadcasting...who no longer is involved in wrestling...and in that process...Jim was 'let go'... much to his chagrin... because he had given so much of himself to them... and earned his position...and was the most talented -- and trustworthy person they had...but it became a blessing as Vince McMahon recognized his value...and hired him...and he has been with Vince ever since... while wrestling at TBS is 'no longer'... and I don't believe Bishoff has ever been more than someone's 'gopher' since...which suits his 'no-talent self'...in my 'humble opinion'...;>)

Thus... I will choose Jim to be 'my presenter'...'also hoping I can still gently influence him into writing a favorable speech about me'... and not revealing the 'few flaws' that someone so close for so many years may think they have perceived'...;>)
Of course now...as JR...he wears the 'black cowboy hat'... which sometimes also signifies being a 'villain'...;>) ...and I'm sure some of you also see him on the sidelines at every OU football game... which is his heart's delight now too... but even there he is wearing that 'black hat'...

But myself...with my 'pure heart'...I wear a white cowboy hat... a true 'babyface'... a hero...handsome and trustworthy... and all that other stuff so associated... and after all...as Sputnik Monroe used to say... and now I have plagiarized: "I am the women's pet and the men's regret!"...;>)

and 'not now'...just a 'legend in my own mind'... as some may have somehow thought...;>)

But a Hall of Famer...

Yours truly,

Cowboy Bill Watts
www.cowboybillwatts.com
window.google_render_ad();

Last edited:
Photo of the SD Elimination Chamber Ad from WWE Mag
Jan 13 2009 by Marc Middleton

As noted earlier, the new WWE Magazine features a promo for SmackDown's Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out featuring Jeff Hardy, Edge, Triple H, Big Show, Undertaker and Vladimir Kozlov. Ecwfan305 has uploaded the image from the magazine to WrestleShare.com and while it's not a direct advertisement for the match, it does provide some insight. Below is the photo:

Possible Storyline Spoiler Involving a WWE Referee on RAW
Jan 13 2009 by Marc Middleton

- It appears that WWE is working towards referee Scott Armstrong working with Randy Orton and his Legacy group. On tonight's RAW, Armstrong counted to three in Orton's match with Kane when it clearly was a two count, as shown on the replays. Armstrong, who would be considered second generation, walked away from the ring like nothing had happened, ignoring Kane's pleas.

Maybe they're doing something with Orton, Rhodes and DiBiase employing the services of the second generation referee. Armstrong is the older son of Bob Armstrong and the brother of Brad, Steve and Brian (BG James in TNA). Armstrong has wrestled over the years but has refereed for WWE since 2006, after having stints with WCW and TNA.

** SPOILERS ** SmackDown Tapings Results (1.16)
J

Dark Match:

* Kung Fu Naki b. Ryan Braddock
- Typical slow dark match. Fu Naki gets the win a kick.

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday)
* SmackDown opens with Triple H & Vickie Guerrero.

* Matt Hardy & Finlay b. Jack Swagger & Mark Henry

- Hardy got the win via pinfall on Jack Swagger after hitting Twist of Fate.

* R-Truth b. The Brian Kendrick
- R-Truth gets a big pop. After the match Ezekiel Jackson attacks Truth.

* MVP b. The Big Show
- MVP got the win after Triple H hit Big Show with a sledgehammer.

* Michelle McCool b. Victoria
- After the match Victoria says she quits WWE.

* The Cutting Edge is up next. Edge invites out Jeff Hardy. As he enters his pyro blows up in his face and he is stretchered out (obviously a work). This ends this week’s edition of SmackDown.

More details on this week's SmackDown Tapings later tonight
**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown Taping Results (1.23)

SmackDown: (Airing Next Friday)
* Edge cuts the opening promo. Matt Hardy runs out and takes him outside the ring. Edge runs.

* The Undertaker b. Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match.
- Shelton maintained control the majority of the match, but ended up submitting to The Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission hold.

* The Great Khali b. Chavo Guerrero
- Khali dominated throughout. He got the win with the Khali Bomb.

* The Bella Twins b. Michelle McCool & Natalya
- Maria comes out and interferes by attacking Michelle. The Bella Twins get the win via DQ.

* Edge b. Matt Hardy
- Edge gets the win after a spear and outside interference from Jack Swagger & Mark Henry.

* John Morrison & The Miz b. Carlito & Primo Colon in a non-title match.
- Good match with lots of back and forth action.

* Vladimir Kozlov vs. Triple H
- During the match Vickie Guerrero comes out and says it's now a handicap match with The Big Show.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. The Big Show & Triple H in a Handicap Match.
- Vladimir Kozlov pins Triple H for the win. Edge comes out and gets pedigreed by Hunter. When Edge comes to he gets on the mic and tries to talk but he keeps cutting out. He gets frustrated and elbow-drops the mic. This ends next week's SmackDown.

true but Hogan walked out on him and signed with WCW after fucking him over so many more times than Randy, savage has done something to really wrong him for McMahon after all these years not want his company to have anything to do with him, not even a dvd boxset, the rumours about Stephanie I think could be true, perhaps not slept with...but maybe he crossed the line!

My thing is if he had done anything involving Steph he would have clearly been shown the door which is why that story just doesn't add up. He wasn't given his release his contract was up and he left for more money and so he could wrestle again.

This is why I wish someone would talk about this. Savage nowadays has been heard mocking Triple H saying hes going to "steal his girl" but that's now not then. But I have never heard anyone within the business discuss the truth about why Savage has been given the cold shoulder.

WWE Diva and Hall of Famer in car accidents
Posted by Randy Gordon on 01/15/2009 at 04:55 PM

From Jim Ross' latest blog at JRsBarBQ.com:

WWE HOF'er Gerald Brisco and WWE Diva Mickie James were involved in separate car accidents on Monday late night leaving Raw and heading to Omaha. Black ice was the culprit and both individuals escaped serious injury on the treacherous roads during frigid weather. I am not a big night time traveler if the weather is bad especially after a full day and night at work. I would rather find the nearest, local hotel and begin my trip the next day in the day light.

Huk Hogan involved with Pamela Anderson?
Posted by Randy Gordon on 01/15/2009 at 03:04 PM

TMZ.com caught up with Hulk Hogan today at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and as always, the Hulkster had a bunch of memorable soundbytes. Hogan claims the TMZ cameras just missed him making out with Pamela Anderson. Hulk says Mickey Rouke stole his "brother" catch phrase in "The Wrestler" and now uses it in media interviews, but says he loves Mickey and the movie. When asked about a possible return to the ring, Hulk said he's career is not done yet because Linda's 19-year-old boyfriend Charlie just bought a new boat and Hulk still needs to pay the bills, brother.

Victoria Comments On Her Retirement From [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR]
By Daniel Pena
Jan 16, 2009 - 1:28:05 AM

As reported earlier, WWE has officially announced the retirement of Victoria on the company website in an advertisement plugging her final match tonight on Friday Night SmackDown. Now that the story is out, Victoria has decided to address the situation in a blog on her [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]MySpace[/COLOR][/COLOR] account. Here is what she wrote:

Hey MySpacers!

It's been announced on WWE.com, so I guess I should address it. This Friday's Smackdown is my last match with WWE. I started with the company in 2000. I have had so many once in a lifetime experiences. It's been incredible. I was part of an era in Women's [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Professional [COLOR=#fff200! important]Wrestling[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] that will never be duplicated again.

Choosing to leave was a very difficult decision. I think many of my colleagues considered me a "lifer". That is, they thought I'd be with WWE until I was old and grey. But I was not happy with the oppurtunities that were available to me within WWE. And at the end of the day, there are thousands and thousands of women who would kill or die for the chance to be a WWE Diva. It isn't right for me to fill that spot if my heart weren't in it.

And I didn't make a rash decision to walk away. On many occasions I pushed for the Victoria that I'd want to watch. But we were on different pages. I respect their decisions, and they are their decisions to make. Being with WWE is very time consuming. And again, with where we were at, I would rather spend more time at home.

I am a "lifer" though. That may not be WWE for life (although I will always be a fan). But I will always challenge myself. I am a competitor. As you can see from one of the pics in my [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]photo [COLOR=#fff200! important]gallery[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], I've been training in Jiu Jitsu. I started for the conditioning, but I have really excelled. It has crossed my mind to enter MMA. I've also been learning to DJ. I love music, and this girl has been getting her mix on. Of course I have the custom car shop, Black Widow Customs. And I haven't ruled out the idea of jumping back in the squared circle occasionally down the road.

I am just so thankful for the experiences that I have had with WWE, for the great friends that I have made with WWE, and the best fans in the world that I have encountered because of WWE.

So what am I doing first? I'm on vacation! I'm not going to say where I am, but it's warm, and I can look out the window and see palm trees, and I'll be here for a couple weeks. I have been getting bombarded with requests for interviews and appearances. As for appearances, you can contact me through MySpace for now. When I decide what direction I intend to take, I will acquire appropriate representation, and will pass info along to them.

As for interview requests, several people have emailed me regarding "shoot interviews". I would like to say this. I am a fan of the Willy Wonka movie. I won a golden ticket. I was in Willy Wonka's Magical Chocolate Factory for nine years. If you're looking for an Everlasting Gobstopper, don't waste your time asking. It's not for sale.

Finally, I want to thank all my MySpace Friends for your encouragement. I truly feel that we are friends, and I appreciate your support. I will keep blogging, and hope you all keep in touch.

Later Sweet Potaters, Lisa Marie aka Victoria : )

Cant wait for the Rumble ;) Best time of the year this is. From January to April, cant beat it.

Jeff Hardy got burned in Pyro Accident

Edge was making a "Cutting Edge" interview with Hardy for their hype for their Royal Rumble match, but just as Jeff Hardy makes his entrance as usual when pyro fireworks were fired, on Hardy's left they pyro shot straight into Hardy's face while the pyro still fires and collapse as the fireworks expires. Hardy was taking to an emergency room aided with brother Matt and friend Gregory Helms. We saw Michael Jackson got burned the by the pyro accident in 84' and now we saw Jeff Hardy at the same fate of pyro accident. Will Hardy return next week and prepare to defend his WWE Championship vs Edge or will Hardy meet another horrible fate by forfeiting his WWE title?

NEWS > if (count % 4 == 0) { document.write("
"); } count++; WWE > if (count % 4 == 0) { document.write("
"); } count++;
WWE Confirms [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]ECW[/COLOR][/COLOR] Wrestler's Departure, New Royal Rumble Match
By Daniel Pena
Jan 17, 2009 - 12:58:27 PM

-- The [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] website quietly removed Gavin Spears' profile from the ECW section on Thursday, which should confirm his reported departure from the organization. However, WWE did not make the standard "future endeavors" announcement regarding Spears. Spears was let go by WWE last week as part of the company's cost-cutting initiative.

-- As announced last night on [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]SmackDown[/COLOR][/COLOR], a rematch between Matt Hardy and "The All-American American" Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship is set to take place at the [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Royal [COLOR=#fff200! important]Rumble[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. {Match Preview}

-- There is a new photo gallery on WWE Divas Champion Maryse, which you can see at the following link. She will make her return to television on next week's edition of SmackDown.

Update On Hardy's "Accident," [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] Release Roll Call, Meet Orton
By Daniel Pena
Jan 17, 2009 - 4:04:51 PM

-- The WWE website has an update on WWE Champion [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Jeff [COLOR=#fff200! important]Hardy's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] involvement in a pyrotechnics accident on last night's edition of Friday Night SmackDown. According to the website, Hardy went into shock after suffering what appeared to be first and second degree burns from the explosion. He was then rushed to a local medical facility where he was treated for his injuries. The website will update his situation as more details become available. {Jeff Hardy emergency update}

-- Thus far, WWE has released a total of 16 talents/producers in 2009 -- with many more cuts likely to come. The cut list so far this year is as follows:

WWE Future Endeavors Club (Class of '09)

Main Roster Departures
» Bam Neely
» D-Lo Brown
» Gavin Spears
» Hardcore Holly
» Ron Simmons
» [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Val [COLOR=#fff200! important]Venis[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Developmental Departures
» Hade Vansen
» Kevin Thorn
» Matt Cappotelli
» Mike Kruel

Referee/Producer Departures
» Jim Korderas
» Kevin Keenan
» Mickie Henson
» Mike Posey
» Sgt. Slaughter
» Tim White

-- WWE has a few Superstar appearances lined up later this month pushing "Voices" - WWE: The [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Music[/COLOR][/COLOR], Vol. 9, which is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, January 27. Randy Orton, Maryse and Kung Fu Naki will be signing copies of the CD at a Best Buy retail store located in Champaign, IL. Here is the appearance information:

Tuesday, January 27 1:00 p.m.
Best Buy located at 562 Fry Road, Greenwood, IL, Greenwood, IL
Come meet WWE SmackDown Superstar Kung Fu Naki & WWE Diva Maryse starting at 1:00 p.m, and get your copy of “Voices” - WWE: The Music, Vol. 9 signed.

Friday, January 30 4:00 p.m.
Best Buy located at 2217 N. Prospect Ave., Champaign, IL

Come meet WWE Raw Superstar Randy Orton starting at 4:00 p.m, and get your copy of “Voices” - WWE: The Music, Vol. 9 signed.
Update on MVP’s Losing Streak, McCool Speaks on Vict...
michellemccool.jpg

By Marc Middleton | No Comments
comments.gif

Posted on: Saturday, January 17, 2009
- In Michelle McCool’s latest blog on the WWE Universe site, she says she feels honored to have been the final opponent of former WWE Women’s champion Victoria, who announced her retirement from WWE following the match.
“Like I told you (if you are reading this Victoria) last night, I am honored to have had your last match with you and can’t thank you enough for all you’ve done for not only this company, but me!,” McCool wrote.
McCool believes Victoria left a good impression on everyone she came in contact with, not to mention that she can’t do justice to the positive impact she had on her during their time together in the company.
“Though we’ve had our differences on tv, she is someone very special to me,” McCool said. “For me, she’s been someone to laugh with, someone to cry with, someone to drive with, someone to look up to professionally, someone to look up to personally, someone to be stupid with.”
McCool then goes back “into character” (which she acknowledges herself with the “Outside the ropes” & “Inside the ropes” references) by calling out WWE Divas Champion Maryse as well as SmackDown announcer Jim Ross.
On Maryse, McCool wrote, “Sure, Maryse is the Divas Champion, but I find it no coincidence that she supposedly got “hurt” the week after she stole my title. It’s funny how I didn’t notice her limping around last week when I saw her.”
Regarding Jim Ross, she is upset that he said her and Maryse look and act alike on commentary during her match with Victoria last night. “Other than the blonde hair, there are ZERO similarities and I mean ZERO!!!!,” McCool wrote. “I was going to confront him next week because of how irate I was until I read his latest blog here on wwe universe. In his blog, he said one of the smartest things (and what should be obvious to most) he has ever said. And I quote…. “It’s just Michelle McCool’s world and the rest of us are living in it!” He is absolutely right! So JR….I wholeheartedly forgive you for the comparisons you made between Frenchie and me!”
- MVP’s 22-match losing streak was finally snapped on last night’s edition of Friday Night SmackDown after Big Show could not answer the 10-count in their “Last Man Standing Match.” This was MVP’s first match victory in nearly five months. Prior to last night’s win, his last victory took place on the August 22, 2008 edition of SmackDown in a count out win over Festus. Here is a timeline of his losing streak:
08-29 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy.
09-05 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Shelton Benjamin.
09-07 Unforgiven - Pinned twice; by Jeff Hardy, and by Triple H at the conclusion of the match.
09-12 SmackDown - Lost Fatal Four Way Match to Jeff Hardy when The Brian Kendrick was pinned.
09-19 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Triple H.
09-26 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Triple H in tag match vs. Triple H & Jeff Hardy.
10-03 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy in All Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match.
10-10 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy.
10-17 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to R-Truth.
10-24 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Kung Fu Naki in tag match vs. R-Truth & Kung Fu Naki.
10-31 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Jeff Hardy in a 6-man tag match vs the Hardys and Rey Mysterio.
11-03 Raw - Pinfall loss to Matt Hardy in a tag match vs the Hardys.
11-07 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to The Great Khali.
11-14 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Kung Fu Naki.
11-21 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to James Mason.
11-23 Survivor Series - Pinfall loss to The Great Khali. Also pinned JTG during the match.
12-02 ECW - Pinfall loss to Matt Hardy
12-05 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to Hurricane Helms.
12-08 Raw - Pinfall loss to MVC (Most Valuable Charlie).
12-12 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to R-Truth.
12-26 SmackDown - Pinfall loss to The Great Khali.
01-02 Smackdown - Pinfall loss to Kizarny.
01-16 Smackdown - Victory over Big Show. (Last Man Standing Match)

Edge new champion, Orton wins the royal rumble as i predicted! and many others lol.

Not the best royal rumble event ive ever seen but highly entertaining and i cant wait for WrestleMania 25.

Here are my WM 25 predictions-

World title
Cena vs Orton w/Priceless

WWE title
Jeff vs Matt vs Edge Vs chavo

Taker Vs HBK

I was pissed with the Hardy boys incident.. but, I loved the Royal Rumble. Good ending.. even if predictable..

Taker & Orton should've been the last two in the ring. DAMN !!!!!
anyone BUT Orton

He's sooooo irritating. Now if it was Taker and RVD, now THAT would've been great. When Rob's music hit, I completely marked out :wild::dancin:

Back