The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

Jim Ross Comments On Concern For Flair, Justin Credible-Olive Garden, Jack Swagger, More
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 12:40 AM EST

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog, which you can read in its entirety at this link. He comments on Ric Flair's recent turmoil, former WWE star Justin Credible reportedly working at an Olive Garden restaurant, new ECW star Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Jamie Noble and a few other topics.

On concern for Ric Flair due to his recent troubles: "Blackjack Mulligan who probably knows Flair as well as anyone told noted wrestling writer Mike Mooneyham that Jack was worried about what would become of Ric once he retired. Many of us were happy that the WWE hired Ric to be a "Good Will Ambassador" for a healthy amount of money. Some thought that perhaps this would keep the charismatic individual with the seemingly unscratchable itch for excitement and living on the edge content. It didn't. Then "The Champ" signed with an agency to handle his bookings. This should be a good thing. However, what Ric Flair needs is full time management on a on going basis and not just some one to negotiate a fee and book Ric to go somewhere and sign his name. Ric needs some one to help protect Ric from Ric. The incidents of the past few days have troubled me. Seeing my dear friend with a nasty, black eye as a result of a still somewhat unexplained incident involving his youngest daughter and. allegedly. her boyfriend. Bad publicity soon followed the incident that included Ric's own daughter get tasered by the police. This is not a good deal any way one slice's it. Yeah, it might be great cannon fodder for a reality show but is that a good thing? Perhaps "Naitch" should ask "The Hulkster" about that one."

Ross also notes that some of Flair's friends have tried calling him but have been unable to reach him.

On the recent news of Justin Credible reportedly working at an Olive Garden restaurant: "Wise ass, Internet, wrestling scribes making light of Justin Credible working at an Olive Garden Restaurant should be ashamed of themselves. There is damn sure nothing wrong with earning an honest day's work no matter what any one chooses to do for a living. I heard this same crap from friends and relatives when I first got in the wrestling business."

On new ECW star Jack Swagger: "Jack Swagger, 6'6"-270 pounder, who debuted on ECW this week is another keeper. When he was known as Jake Hager this young man was a division one scholarship athlete at Oklahoma and played for Bob Stoops' football team as a defensive tackle before leaving the football team to concentrate full time on wrestling where he was an All American for the Sooners as a heavyweight. This young, college educated kid grew up in Perry, Oklahoma which is the home of arguably the greatest wrestler alive today, Danny Hodge. Perry, Oklahoma is to amateur wrestling as Williamsport, Pa. is to Little League Baseball."

*******************************************************************************************************************
WWE News: WrestleMania XXV Ticket Sales Date Postponed, Undertaker's Druids, Kofi Kingston
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM EST

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- WWE did a huge ad campaign on television this week promoting the on-sale date for tickets to WrestleMania XXV on Saturday, September 20. WWE has chosen to postpone ticket sales for WrestleMania XXV until Saturday, October 11 at 10 a.m. CT out of concern for residents of Texas and the Gulf Coast, which is about to be hit by Hurricane Ike. For more information on the postponement, click here.

-- WWE.com has Kofi Kingston conducting an interview with Travis McCoy of the band Gym Class Heroes. {A Raw Superstar meets a Gym Class Hero}

-- Undertaker's Druids at Unforgiven were portrayed by a number of wrestlers from Ohio Valley Wrestling including Anthony Bravado and Von Lilas.
********************************************************************************************************************

*SPOILERS* WWE Smackdown Taping Results from Milwaukee
Submitted by PainLord on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM EST

Report by Vahid Guzel and ProWrestling.net

Dark Match

1. D'Lo Brown b. Nic "The Natural" Nemeth. Brown got the win via pinfall after hitting his "low down" finisher.

Smackdown Taping

Triple H comes out to open the show. He says that everyone should buy the Unforgiven DVD because he is getting residuals. Jeff Hardy comes out to interrupt. They both agree they respect each other. Triple H gives Jeff a hard time. They continue to go back and forth for a while.

1. Maria and Michelle McCool and Brie Bella beat Victoria and Natalya and Maryse. Standard diva match.

They announced a Fatal Four Way for later tonight and the winner will face Triple H for the WWE Championship at No Mercy. MVP, Brian Kendrick, Jeff Hardy and Shelton Benjamin are the participants.

2. R-Truth beat Chavo Guerrero. Truth gets the win after interference from Bam Neely. Bam attacks Chavo. Truth takes them both out. After the match R-Truth gets a huge pop.

3. Festus vs. Kenny Dykstra. Jesse helps Festus wrap Kenny in bubble wrap. They put him on a moving trolley, duct taped his mouth, and wheeled him to the back.

Vickie comes out to a a lot of heat as usual. She brings out Big Show and says that he took out The Undertaker at Unforgiven because Undertaker does not follow the rules. Vickie explains that it is a power alliance with her and Show and the alliance will lead to Big Show being the WWE Champion.

4. Vladamir Kozlov beat Scotty Goldman & Funaki in a squash match. Kozlov is an angry man he says he wants a challenge and if no one will give it to him then he will. At least I think that's what he said.

Triple H is shown stirring up trouble with the Fatal Four Way participants.

5. Carlito and Primo Colon beat Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins in a non-title match. Carlito worked the majority of the match.

6. Jeff Hardy beat MVP and Brian Kendrick and Shelton Benjamin in a fatal Four Way to earn a shot against the WWE Championship at No Mercy. Kendrick stayed on the outside most of the match and drew lots of heat. Hardy continued to get thrown out of the ring repeatedly. MVP vs. Shelton most of the match. Jeff Hardy regains strength and hits a Swanton Bomb on Kendrick and Shelton. He gets the win via pinfall.

After the match Vladimir Kozlov came out and attacked Hardy and then walked out. SmackDown goes off the air.

Report by Vahid Guzel and ProWrestling.net

Details on Why McMahon’s Mad at Flair

By Marc Middleton • Sep 11th, 2008 • Category: wrestling news - 316 views
- Vince McMahon is said to be legitimately pissed off at Ric Flair for doing his new shoot interview DVD with Highspots. The feeling is that the shoot will sell a lot off the fact that Flair was a key part of WWE over the past few years and people will tune in to hear what dirt he has to say and Vince doesn’t want the inner workings of WWE making anyone else money.

The other factor is this comes right in the middle of them doing their Ric Flair feature on 24/7 as well as the DVD that’s in stores, although all of that was planned before Flair left the company. Either way, those clothe to both sides say Vince is really ticked off with Flair over the shoot.

Backstage Heat on Triple H; Undertaker Involved, More

By Marc Middleton • Sep 10th, 2008 • Category: wrestling news - 1,174 views
- Since returning to the SmackDown brand, there is some major heat on the WWE Champion Triple H, mainly for him going out of his way to make the younger talents look bad on camera, especially guys like MVP and Shelton Benjamin. A lot of the guys backstage were upset about Triple H’s recent promo and have went to The Undertaker for a resolution, of sorts. The Undertaker agrees with the younger talents and says he understands how they feel.

The belief is that a backstage showdown is coming between The Undertaker and Triple H, due to the way the WWE Champion treats people in the locker room. Many people think that Triple H would get his way in the end but the one person that Vince McMahon respects and trusts the most above others is The Undertaker. Triple H wouldn’t lose his job obviously but some kind of changes would have to be made.
The Undertaker sees SmackDown as his brand and the Superstars as his boys, in a way. If he isn’t backed by McMahon when the time comes, there’s a feeling that he could take more time off for injuries as a way to show his displeasure. There’s already a thought among some close to the situation that Triple H wants payback for his loss at WrestleMania 17 and is pushing for himself to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 with the streak being broken.

WWE News: Taker & HHH Teaming Up, McCool Responds To Criticism, Haas
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 2:54 PM EST

-- Locally, a dark match main event featuring Undertaker & Triple H vs. The Great Khali & MVP is being advertised for the October 14th SmackDown/ECW taping at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tickets for the event are scheduled to go on sale this Saturday at 10:00 a.m.

-- WWE Divas Champion Michelle McCool has posted a new blog on the WWE Fan Nation site, which you can read at this link. She talks about a number of her topics including the lights going out at a recent house show in which she wrestled on, her title defense this past Sunday at Unforgiven, people saying she's too tan, and more. McCool posted a response to someone apparently insulting her character and wrestling ability.

McCool wrote: "I had someone send me a message saying that I'm this, I'm that, I don't have this, I don't have that, I stink at this, I stink at that. Ok.......I get your point - you obviously don't like or respect me. To my defense, I wish you just knew me before you felt the need to act like you do! :) This will probably come out either ungrateful and mean or extremely passionate (I hope it's the latter b/c that's what it's supposed to be)! I love this business...always have and always will!!! I can only do what I am asked/told to do and I hope that whether you like a superstar or not, you can at least look past what you think you know about him or her and try to respect whatever it is they might be doing. There is a lot more to me than what you have seen on tv and hopefully, in the very near future, you will be able to see that even more. Alot of times, all of the divas are put into the same category as to how they look and/or act. I don't want that.

We aren't all the same, we don't dress the same, we don't have the same backgrounds, we don't look the same and we don't act the same. I myself find that refreshing! We don't always get the opportunity to show that on tv, so whenever we get a chance to simply be on tv (no matter what the capacity), we try to capitalize on that. It's just really funny to me....to do this job, it takes a lot of heart, a lot of athleticism, a lot of soul and a whole lot of strength (physical, mental and emotional). The people who are sending these comments obviously have nothing better to do and only see what they want to see (not just with me, with whoever they are sending them to and/or about)."

-- Charlie Haas now has an account on the WWE Fan Nation site. He posted a brief noting asking fans which WWE Superstar (past or present) he should impersonate next. You can leave him a response at this link.

• WWE News: Drug Case Involving WWE Stars Thrown Out, Superstars' Hidden Talents, Katie Lea
    Submitted by Daniel Pena on Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM EST

-- The Signature Pharmacy case, which led to a free-for-all of WWE suspensions and forced them to clamp down on their drug testing procedure, was thrown out by Albany County Judge Stephen Herrrick, who faulted how prosecutors presented the case to the grand jury. Judge Herrrick threw out indictments against company owners Robert Loomis and Noami Loomis, pharmacist Michael Loomis and business managers Kirk Calvert and Anthony Palladino. The judge blamed the government's "amorphous quality of the evolving indictments" and inadequate instructions to the people on the grand jury. You can read an article on the situation at this link.

A number of WWE names emerged in the Signature Pharmacy doping scandal, including Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Adam "Edge" Copeland, Robert "Booker T" Huffman, Gregory Helms, Mike "Simon Dean" Bucci, Anthony "Santino Marella" Carelli, John "Johnny Nitro" Hennigan, Darren "William Regal" Matthews, Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, Eddie "Umaga" Fatu, Shoichi Funaki, Chris Mordetsky (Masters) and Chavo Guerrero. Three deceased wrestlers in Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Brian "Crush" Adams were also listed. They were all identified as clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, the site raided by Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies in February 2007 for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors.

Bucci was let go and everyone else sans Randy Orton & Santino Marella were suspended as a result. It is unknown as to what happened with Marella, but Orton was definitely guilty. However, the feeling in WWE at the time was that he had already served his suspension (in August 2006 for failing a drug test for steroids and was only taken off of house shows for a month) and didn't need to serve one again. Although, it should be noted that WWE had a heavily hyped WWE Championship pay-per-view match to promote between Orton and John Cena at that year's Unforgiven a few weeks later. Although, it should also be noted that Orton continued receiving packages of drugs for six months after his initial drug test failure - until the company was finally shut down by authorities in February 2007 - so he should have been suspended again.

-- WWE.com has an interesting feature looking at the hidden talents of a number of Superstars & Divas. CM Punk, Michelle McCool, Mark Henry, Big Show, Kelly Kelly, John Bradshaw Layfield, Shawn Michaels, Mickie James, Matt Striker, Shelton Benjamin, JTG and Bam Neely all reveal their hidden talents in the feature. {SUPERSTARS & DIVAS HIDDEN TALENTS REVEALED}

-- WWE Diva Katie Lea has posted a new in-character blog on the WWE Fan Nation site. She talks about the confrontation between JBL and Charlie Haas this past week. She also talks a lot about the recent happenings between fellow countryman William Regal, Jamie Noble and Layla. She basically praises Regal and insults Noble. The blog doesn't feature one mention of "brother" Paul Burchill, who has been MIA in recent weeks. {Short and Snappy Tales of Greatness #4}
WWE News: Candice's Wrestling Unfit For Broadcast, Declining Ticket Sales, Maria On TV
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM EST

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- Fortunately for Candice Michelle, she returned on a night in which Raw was being taped because according to a fan in attendance, she messed up at least four spots within a 30 second period. Only one of them was fit to be broadcast as the rest were completely edited out. Candice botched a flying headscissors and as well as a crossbody, which led to the crossbody off the top that Beth rolled through. She then botched a springboard back elbow attempt as she stumbled on the ropes, which garnered some boos from the audience. Candice then botched a reversal. Following this, there's another spot in which it's hard to tell what she's doing exactly as there was some Ashley Massaro quality grappling on her part. She then hit the small package on Beth for the pin. "Mickie James' expressions on her face while watching this were priceless," the person in attendance noted. A fan in attendance recorded footage of Candice's numerous botches that ended up being edited out. The video doesn't show all of the botches as there were apparently a few more not shown. You can see the video at this link. Despite Candice's less than stellar showing (although it was her first match back and second match in nearly ten months), WWE booked her for a WWE Women's Championship match with Beth Phoenix at next month's No Mercy pay-per-view anyway.

-- WWE Diva Maria appeared on KRON-TV out of San Francisco with Gary Radnich last night to promote Smackdown's move to the myNetworkTV station next month. She portrayed her ditzy character during the segment.

-- WWE has been doing big European tours since 2002 and every show in Glasgow, Scotland has sold out on the first day tickets were put on sale - usually within minutes. One time, so many people tried to get tickets for a show and the website crashed as a result. Tickets for a house show event in Glasgow next April went on sale last night and as of tonight, several tickets are still available.

Jake Roberts Speaks Out On Incident, Ric Flair Going To Middle School, Trevor Murdoch
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Monday, September 15, 2008 at 11:34 PM EST

-- Jake Roberts talked with Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com about what happened at the wrestling show in Ohio this past weekend. Jake claims he was drugged and admits it was one of the most scariest moments of his life, "I never have felt like that. I don't know why this has happened. I pray that it never happens to anybody. I am sorry. I can’t even talk. I can't tell you how scary it is because right now I am shaking just thinking about it. I just don’t want it to happen to anybody. Whoever did it, I hope to hell what goes around comes around and let God sort it out because I am not going on a man hunt because I am scared to even open the door much less anything else."

After the drugging, Jake's next memory is the next morning, "I don't remember the show starting. I woke up with my wrestling clothes on. Shannon [Jake's assitant] told me I had wrestled. I was like you're kidding? I don't remember anything. Even when I drank in the past I didn’t behave the way they said I behaved. I don't even know all the particulars yet. I may never want to know them all because I am so sick of it."

New details have also come out on the drugging from Jake Robert's assistant. You can read and listen to the entire interview from Jake's account and read the statement from Jake's assistant at the following link:

http://www.thesportsinterview.com/jakestatement.html

-- Ric Flair is scheduled to make an appearance this Saturday night at 6:00 p.m. at the Hunters Creek Middle School in Jacksonville, North Carolina for an independent wrestling show, reports www.f4wonline.com. For more info on the show, you can contact 704-364-7818.

-- LuchaLibreOnline.TV recently conducted an interview with former WWE star Trevor Murdoch. He commented on his career, Harley Race, what he's been doing since his release from WWE, and more. {Trevor Murdoch video interview}

Brooke Hints That Hulk Hogan Could Make Return At WrestleMania
Submitted by Brad Ingles on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 11:46 AM EST

In an interview with Monday Night Mayhem, Brooke Hogan was asked if her father Hulk Hogan would be making an appearance to celebrate or possibly compete at the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania. "Whenever he gets ready to come back, he usually does it silently, and he doesn't let anybody know he is doing it...not even his family." She then brought up that Hulk's training is similar to what he did back in 2002 prior to WrestleMania X-8 to face Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Brooke said he has lost 20 pounds and his body is "getting tighter by the day," and she sees that as a pretty good indicator that he could be making a comeback.

WWE News: SmackDown Star Spoils Return, Nasty Boys, Evan Bourne, Greg Valentine, Ricky Ortiz, More
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:59 AM EST

source: PWInsider.com

-- On the MySpace page of Gregory Helms, he posted a graphic of himself reading "RETURNS!! (09-19-08)" At this past week's SmackDown taping, a screen box of Helms cutting a promo during a wrestler entrance was shown. You can see the graphic at this link. Helms has been out of action since April 2007 due to neck fusion surgery.

-- The Nasty Boys were advertised to appear at last night's Florida Championship Wrestling show, but apparently didn't for whatever reason. However, they signed autographs and posed for pictures for fans before the show along with Jimmy Hart. Hart was also advertised, and ended up appearing. He managed FCW Tag Team Champions Heath Miller and Joe Hennig in the main event. They defeated Dolph Ziggler and Gavin Spears when Miller pinned Spears.

-- At last night's Florida Championship Wrestling show, ECW star Evan Bourne and WWE Hall of Famer Greg "The Hammer" Valentine were advertised to appear at next Thursday's show. Valentine lives in the area and Bourne still attends FCW events.
WWE News: Update On Undertaker's Health, The Rock Holds Steady, Santino Night Live
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Friday, September 19, 2008 at 11:44 AM EST

-- WWE has been restricting Undertaker's in-ring participation as of late due to soreness in his knee, reports www.prowrestling.NET. Taker had minor surgery on it during his layoff, but came back early for his match with Edge at SummerSlam. Since his return, he's been limited to tag matches for the most part to keep his workload light. Nonetheless, his knee is said to be improving and it's only a matter of time before he works more singles matches.

-- Despite being released over three months ago, WWE's DVD release of The Rock still ranks high on Billboard's Recreational Sports DVD chart. It finished in second place for the second week in a row. The DVD release of UFC 84: Ill Will topped the chart. You can see the complete chart at this link. The Mr. Perfect DVD should debut on the chart next week.

-- Santino Marella's latest WWE.com video is up, which you can see at this link. Here is the description: "In this week's Case, Santino Marella gives use a taste of what his SNL monologue would be like and takes shots at Michael Phelps and The Honky Tonk Man. Also, Perez Hilton gets some company on Santino's Hollywood Hitlist."

WWE News: Hurricane Helms, Batista Changes His Tune On The Great Khali, Kofi-Oktoberfest
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 1:14 PM EST

-- As seen on last night's show, Gregory Helms made his first appearance on SmackDown since April 2007 (due to neck fusion surgery). He did indeed refer to himself as "Hurricane Helms" during his first promo (which popped up as a small circle on the screen), so it looks like that's going to be his new ring name upon his return. And no, he wasn't wearing a Hurricane mask. Still no word on when he'll be able to return to the ring, but it shouldn't be too far off.

-- Batista was interviewed by MeriNews.com during his recent trip to India to promote WWE. Batista discussed his wrestling career, working with The Great Khali, as well as his interest in possibly starring opposite Aishwarya Rai, a popular Bollywood actress. Batista has ripped Khali a few times in the past, basically saying he's not a good wrestler and that he didn't deserve to hold the World Heavyweight Championship last year. However, in his interview with the India news site, Batista changes his tune by saying that Khali is a great competitor, as well as a great friend outside WWE. Here is what was said in the article: "When asked about who is the fiercest competitor that Batista had faced, he named the great Khali as his biggest enemy in the ring. He also went on to add that though Khali was a great competitor in the ring, he was a great friend outside it. Batista admitted that he was once chopped so badly by Khali that he feared that his spine was broken into half." {Batista - the animal has a soft corner for Aishwarya}

-- Kofi Kingston is scheduled to appear at Oktoberfest tomorrow afternoon from 1 to 3 p.m. The event is located at 5th Street between Race Street and Broadway) in Downtown Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Michelle McCool Uses Relationship With Undertaker To Get Backstage Power

By Keelan Balderson on July 21st, 2008
We reported a few weeks ago that WWE Divas Natalya and Michelle McCool had a falling out because McCool offered to help Natalya become a better wrestler. This was seen as a huge insult because Natalya has been wrestling longer than McCool (albeit not in the WWE), and is considered the better worker. She comes from a wrestling family after all. Well I’ve learned it goes a lot deeper than that and involves Michelle McCool’s real life partner the Undertaker.
Backstage Undertaker is considered the unofficial locker room leader and has great power over all the wrestlers and management. Undertaker has apparently used that stroke to unofficially make Michelle McCool the proverbial head Diva and now the women are being told to go to her in order to learn and develop as wrestlers.
A lot of the women see this as a big slap in the face and an abuse of power, considering veterans like Victoria are much more qualified for such a role.
Michelle McCool has improved greatly, but isn’t at the level to become the teacher, thus garnishing a lot of backstage heat and jealousy from workers and management.

window.google_render_ad();
window.google_render_ad();

Last edited:
Randy Orton Rips A SD Star, Doesn't Think Rhodes & DiBiase Are Champion Material
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM EST

During Randy Orton's media blitz of the U.K. last month, Power Slam conducted an interview with him. During the interview, Orton's asked if he thinks any WWE newcomers can beat his record of youngest ever holder of a major WWE singles title.

Orton brings up a few names, including Kenny Dykstra. Orton goes off tangent to bring up an incident between the two during a tour in Australia and says that he "never liked him at all."

He also brings up Cody Rhodes, as well as Ted DiBiase, and apparently doesn't know DiBiase's age as he'll be turning 26 years old in November. Orton doesn't think either wrestler is heavyweight champion material. Orton said, "I don't know if the business is going to be ready for a Cody Rhodes as champ. I love him, I think he's really great, he's got his own little niche, but I don't see him or Teddy being the heavyweight champion."

Here is what Orton said:

When you captured the World title aged 24 at SummerSlam 2004, you became the youngest ever holder of a major WWF/WWE singles title. Do you think any of the newcomers will beat your record?

"That's a good question. I'm trying to think of the age of everybody. Cody and Teddy are young, right? Kenny Dykstra (who's 22) I knocked him out in Australia, actually one time. He was drinking and thought that he would f--k with me, and I warned him and slapped him so hard in the temple that I knocked him out. I never liked him at all. And everyone always told him, "You're the next Randy Orton." And you know what? F--k that. Make your own name. What does that mean anyway? I slapped the s--t out of Kenny Dykstra. And I don't even know where he is right now. But age-wise, Cody's 23. That's a long way to go (in less than a year).

I got very lucky. I was wrestling Edge a lot back then. And I was over as a heel and getting a chance because I was wrestling Edge.... They thought I was over, so they thought, 'Let's give this kid a run.' Plus, Brock Lesnar had been the youngest champ and they didn't like Lesnar (who had left the company in March 2004), so I had a lot of luck in getting that spot.

I don't know if the business is going to be ready for a Cody Rhodes as champ. I love him, I think he's really great, he's got his own little niche, but I don't see him or Teddy being the heavyweight champion. I don't know who else is of that age. D.H. Smith (who is 22)? I don't know. Hopefully, no one because, to be honest, I don't want anyone to break my record and I don't think there's any potential right now for anyone to (do so), either."

WWE diva to retire soon?

SmackDown Diva Victoria, 37, posted a blog on her MySpace page yesterday in which she mentions hanging up the boots in the future. Victoria wrote: "I have been doing my best to lay the Smackdown every Friday night. I hope everyone followed us to MyNetwork. Again, I am very thankful to have had a long and successful WWE career. Although between you and me, I think I have one more championship run left before I hang up the wrestling boots. What do you think?" Victoria also mentions that her "Black Widow" custom car shop recently did cars for two WWE Superstars.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2008_/1223494830.php

Shari Tyree, the ex-wife of the Ultimate Warrior, is shopping around the book rights to a memoir about her marriage to the former WWE champion, titled, "Behind the Paint; My Life with Wrestling's Ultimate Warrior." The book is being co-written by Steve Anderson, who worked with Bobby Heenan on his autobiographies.

The pitch for the book reads:

For the very first time, the wife of a professional wrestling star speaks out. Shari Tyree was married for ten years to Jim Hellwig, known as the Ultimate Warrior, and saw him through his meteoric rise, and bizarre fall from the pinnacle of WWE.

Warrior packed the aisles, and was a merchandising boom to pro wrestling. Fans, known as 'Little Warriors' screamed and cheered, and then were left baffled by his abrupt disappearance at the height of his success. Only Shari Tyree knows the stunning truth behind the Warrior's face paint. Hellwig was a man possessed by demons, abusing steroids to achieve his massive, muscular frame, and then pain medications and anti-anxiety drugs to quell his fears, who had led a secretive double life that filled his marriage with turmoil and doubts about his fidelity, and even his sexuality. The avowed anti-homosexual avenger and anti-drug advocate battled with his own duality, and became the engine of his own destruction.

Behind the Paint chronicles Helwig's early career as a bodybuilder, and his stunning rise in pro wrestling, the excesses of success beyond imagination, his battles with Vince McMahon and the private life no fan could have guessed at.

Hellwig continues to be a media personality, even outside the wrestling ring, making frequent personal appearances to espouse his anti-gay, anti-drug ideals

Lance Cade Released!

In Jim Ross' latest blog, he somewhat explains why Lance Cade was abruptly let go from WWE this week. According to Ross, it was a disciplinary measure following a bad case of judgment, with concluded with an incident on an airplane.

His release from the company was not due to his performance, most notably, in a tag match with DX on Raw a few weeks ago. Ross wrote: "The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability." In case you missed it, there was a spot at the end of the match in which Shawn Michaels delivered the SuperKick to Cade. He was supposed to stand wobbly on his feet to run into a Pedigree from Triple H, but fell down instead. Audibly, Triple H told him to get up so he could deliver the move.

Ross doesn't go into detail, only to note that Cade made a bad decision. Following Cade's bad case of judgment, he ended up having a seizure on the plane, which required emergency medical care. Luckily for Cade, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and helped him get taken to the hospital. Doctors performed a number of tests on him and determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with him.

Following the incident, Ross felt that WWE had no choice but to let Cade go. Ross appears to imply that the seizure was due to Cade's "bad judgment."

Ross wrote: "Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation."

Source: Wrestling-Exposed.com

I think he was taking pills if there was deemed nothing wrong with him medically, Ive heard stories about the wrestlers taking more than 2 zomas and washing it down with alcohol and having these shakes or seizures and being totally fine in an hour or so. It sounds drug related to me.

If he was epileptic, there is no way he could have worked with them for this long with all the lighting, high impact moves, etc. Its a shame too, as I thought he would have been good in a stable Orton might put together with some of the younger guys.

Balls Mahoney Wants To Kill, Rips WWE; Trish Stratus-Burger King, Former WCW Wrestler In Movie
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 3:51 PM EST

-- In a recent interview with WorldWrestlingInsanity.com, former ECW wrestler Balls Mahoney threatens to kill whoever stole money out of his bag at a recent indy show. "For the first time in my career ever, I had money stolen out of my bag," Mahoney said. "Let's put this on the site. If I ever find out who took this money – I'm going to kill you. I'm not going to beat you up. I'm not going to slap you. I'm not going to cut a promo on you. I'm going to cut your throat. I'm going to kill you. I have a son I need to take care of. He's ten months old. It isn't f**kin' funny. What you did took money and food and educational (opportunities) away from my son. You f**ked up the ability I have to take care of my son and my wife and my mother. For this, I am going to end your f**king life. Period." Mahoney also reveals his feelings on being left off of The ECW Originals vs. The New Breed match at WrestleMania 23 despite him being an "ECW Original." Mahoney said, "They always omitted me. They wanted Sabu, Hak, Dreamer and…Van Dam. But they wouldn't put me in it and I got pissed off. And I'm still kind of f**king bitter about that. And of course I got the apology a couple of weeks later. 'We're sorry. We forgot about you.' And that's when they were going to start the Kelly Kelly angle anyway. Basically they were f**king with me. They do that up there. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's what they do. They f**k with people and they f**k with your mind to see how you're going to react. You know what I mean? And if you end up blowing up on them – hehehe. You're done."

-- Trish Stratus is featured in Burger King's new promotional campaign for the Steakhouse Burger that's running in Canada. The former WWE Women's Champion wrote a haiku regarding meat: "Do yoga, eat meat; Stratusfaction guaranteed; Do the body good." The restaurant chain is inviting people to submit their own haikus. The contest is only open to Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. You can read Trish's haiku and see her picture for the campaign at MeatHaiku.com.

-- Former WCW wrestler The Maestro is tapped to appear in the movie Deader Country, which is scheduled to be released next year. The movie is the sequel to the movie Dead Country. You can visit the film's MySpace page at myspace.com/dead_country.

WWE Accused Of Sexual Harassment By Former Employee
Submitted by Brad Ingles on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 12:58 PM EST

Former WWE Global Licensing Coordinator Fara D'Angelo has filed a sexual harassment suit against WWE. D'Angelo worked for the company from April 2004 through May 2006, and alleged that Senior Director of International Consumer Products Alex Romer harassed her. In the suit filed she said that Romer immediately began harassing her and looking for a relationship, despite being married, by late night phone calls and text messages. She also accuses Romer of making an advance to her while another WWE employee was present, who advised her to "switch jobs".

She went to Senior Director of Quality Assurance Mike Archer who "expressed concern and sympathy" but "he did not offer any help with the harassment she was reporting to him." Archer told her to "look for a new job.”

All pleadings in the case are due by December 8, 2008 and that Discovery in the suit is completed by April 10, 2009.

Credit: PWInsider.com

WWE News: WWE Star Scratched From Cyber Sunday, Ross Rips WWF, Armageddon Pre-Sale
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:55 PM EST

-- In the original listing for the Divas Halloween Costume Contest at Cyber Sunday, Melina was listed as taking part in the contest. However, it looks like her name being listed was an error as WWE.com has since removed her name from the match preview. Melina isn't expected to return to the ring until January as she is still rehabbing her foot injury.

-- In a funny deal, WWE 24/7 is running the 1992 WCW Halloween Havoc pay-per-view and during the broadcast, Jim Ross rips WWF, saying they're filled with bodybuilders who pose but don't know how to wrestle. During his time in WCW, Ross who would frequently take shots at the World Wrestling Federation and their wrestlers on commentary.

-- The Ticketmaster.com presale for WWE Armageddon on December 14 show in Buffalo, NY started today at 10:00 A.M. The code is WWEHSBC.

SD! Spoilers 10/17/08

* The entire upper level is of the arena is tarped off.

* A WrestleMania XXIV video package is shown.

* A video promoting SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is shown.

Dark Match:

* Ricky Ortiz b. Gavin Spears in a squash match. The crowd could have cared less.

* Following ECW, The Miz emerged from underneath the ring with his mouth gagged and his hands tied. Cryme Tyme worked the crowd at ringside.

SmackDown: (Airing This Friday 10/17)

* Big Show opens SmackDown accompanied by Chavo Guerrero. He talks about the Undertaker's chin and says that Undertaker has lost his mind for interfering with his match against Triple H.

Big Show then proceeds to announce the stipulations that fans will be able to vote for in his match against Taker at Cyber Sunday. They are:

* Last Man Standing Match
* I Quit Match
* A Knockout Match

Big Show then demonstrates each type of match with a jobber. He dominates them all effortlessly.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
- Primo Colon got the win via pinfall following a drop kick off the top rope.

* MVP comes out and cuts a promo and talks about the longest United States Title Reign. He then talks about how he's going to do what Shelton Benjamin can't and beat R-Truth.

* R-Truth b. MVP
- R-Truth entered through the crowd. He got the win with the spinning axe kick.

* Big Show & The Great Khali are in the ring for a promo. Vickie comes out and says she wants Khali to take out Undertaker. Khali doesn't want to be a pawn. Khali and Big Show stare each other down to end the segment.

* Brian Kendrick comes out the the ring. He says due to doctor's orders he can't wrestle against Super Crazy tonight. He says that Ezekiel will wrestle in his place.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Super Crazy in a squash match.

* Triple H comes out and talks about his upcoming match at Cyber Sunday against either Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, or both.

* Undertaker vs. The Great Khali
- The match ends in disqualification when Big Show comes out and choke slams Undertaker. Big Show grabs a chair and wants The Great Khali to hit the Undertaker. Khali chops the chair out of Big Show's hands and leaves the ring.

* Maria b. Victoria, Natalya, Maryse, Brie Bella in a "Las Vegas Poll Match"
- Maria got the win in a quick match. She will now get a title shot against Michelle McCool.

* Triple H vs. Undertaker is announced for next week's edition of SmackDown.

* Jesse & Festus b. Kenny Dykstra & Brian Kendrick
- Festus gets the win via pinfall on Kenny.

* Triple H comes out in street clothes to join Jim Ross and Tazz.

* Vladamir Kozlov b. Jeff Hardy
- Vladamir Kozlov corners Jeff Hardy and hits a big running power slam. Kozlov then locks an arm bar on the mat. Jeff finally gets up and hits two whisper in the winds. He goes to the top and jumps off. He misses. Kozlov regains control and wins with a headbutt.

After the match Triple H gets in the ring and taunts Kozlov with the belt. Kozlov leaves and Triple H helps Hardy. Triple H then raises Hardy's hand, kicks him, and hits a pedigree to send SmackDown off the air.

Khali Not Supporting Show ?? Strange....... Taker vs HHH next F Yeah !!! Thats Great though I am Sure There will be No Result !!!
The Stipulations r Good Hopefully Taker will WIn !!
HHH Turns The Table On Hardy Huh ? Thats Good

I'm going to see TNA Maximum Impact Tour at the Braehead Arena here in Glasgow in January i will also get to meet the wrestlers backstage before the show :D get pictures with them all

Undertaker vs Triple will be a countout, disqualifacation or something like that. Most SmackDown main events are lol
Still cool to see it though, last time they had a match was King Of The Ring 2002 I think......

There best was WrestleMania X7

Ric Flair Hints At Possible Wrestling Return
Submitted by Brad Ingles on Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 7:42 PM EST

During a meet and greet session with fans in Doncaster, England, Ric Flair hinted about making a wrestling return in Japan and Korea. He said the only thing holding him back from working the shows is Shawn Michaels reaction. He promised Michaels that his last match was at WrestleMania, and those close to Flair believed he would have worked the shows if he didn't promise Michaels. Potential opponents were Muta and Chono.

Credit: F4WOnline.com

SD! Spoilers 10/17/08

* Brian Kendrick comes out the the ring. He says due to doctor's orders he can't wrestle against Super Crazy tonight. He says that Ezekiel will wrestle in his place.

* Ezekiel Jackson b. Super Crazy in a squash match.

He's my cousins' husband in real life!! Dang I missed 10/17 show of all nights. Any clips anywhere?

link doesnt work, can you repost :)

No, because WWE takes it down every single time I posted it. I even tried it on dailymotion after I got tired of it getting taken down on YouTube, but they found it there too. Because they are massive pieces of ****. I wouldn't be complaining if the other videos posted by fans got the same treatment, but I dunno why mine's been targeted when hardly anyone has watched it, and you can access whole segments/matches/shows that are still up there. Whatev. The only way to see it is if I transferred the file, and that's only if you give enough of a crap, lol.

No, because WWE takes it down every single time I posted it. I even tried it on dailymotion after I got tired of it getting taken down on YouTube, but they found it there too. Because they are massive pieces of ****. I wouldn't be complaining if the other videos posted by fans got the same treatment, but I dunno why mine's been targeted when hardly anyone has watched it, and you can access whole segments/matches/shows that are still up there. Whatev. The only way to see it is if I transferred the file, and that's only if you give enough of a crap, lol.
Yeah, I know, alot of taker's fans have made fan videos and have had them removed by the wwe. I wish they would stop doing that, idiots.:perrin

id love to see it as a video maker myself and a wrestling fan, I love to see fanmade wrestling vids too! Collected alot of them years back.

Thats if you can be bothered to upload it lol whichever you decide is cool :)

id love to see it as a video maker myself and a wrestling fan, I love to see fanmade wrestling vids too! Collected alot of them years back.

Thats if you can be bothered to upload it lol whichever you decide is cool :)

At this point, the video gets taken down within minutes of being uploaded. I think whoever does this for WWE gets alerted whenever I have a new video up, so I can't do it again. I could e-mail the file to you or transfer it via MSN or AIM. I just need the address or screen name.

There is no justice in pro wrestling. Only anal rape.

And no, I don't mean Jeff Hardy. He's lucky to still have a job, never mind to be a main-eventer. And he's still probably in line to win the title by or at WrestleMania.

Last edited:
> WWE > Breaking news: Rappers suing WWE and John Cena
Posted by Randy Gordon on 10/28/2008 at 03:57 PM

TMZ.com is reporting that Jamal Grinnage, Eric Murray and Daryl Pittman (Lil' Fame, Billy Danze and Pittman from rap group M.O.P.) have filed a federal lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment and John Cena claiming that John Cena's song, "Time Is Now" borrows heavily from their hit song "Ante Up."

In lawsuit claims that WWE's lawyers actually found somebody to sign off on the license who was only a receptionist and did not have authority to sign anything.

The biggest point of actual musical contention is one non-English line, "BRRR Abado", that appears in the original song once, and in Cena's theme song three times. Grinnage and Murray are seeking for the destruction of Cena's theme song and $150,000 in damages from the defendants. It's possible WWE may have to stop selling any WWE DVDs featuring Cena's music and edit the music out of all footage they intend to broadcast in the future.

No word yet from Cena or WWE.
*******************************************************************************************************************
On the Mat, w/ Matt Henry (WWE Personal Issues)
Posted by Matt Henry on 10/28/2008 at 02:21 PM

Hello friends and readers. I would like to welcome you to another edition of "On The Mat" with myself; Matt Henry. Once again a special hello to my new friends at Wrestling Planet as well as my loyal readers at NoDQ.com. Both are excellent sources for your wrestling news needs and both are staffed with great reporters and columnists. I appreciate both sites for the opportunities they have given me. Today I thought I would discuss some of the recent problems the WWE has had with the behavior of talent on company time.

A few short weeks ago Jeff Hardy made headlines yet again for coming onto a plane "too drunk to fly." Now first of all I never understood why they would throw someone off of a plane for being intoxicated. They serve alcohol in 1st class anyway and as long as you aren't being rude and creating a scene then I think you should be allowed to board the plane. However, the airline saw a threat in Mr. Hardy and asked him to take a later flight. Jeff seemingly suffered no backlash from this latest bump in the road, but it is another black mark on his WWE record. Jeff really needs to watch his step. He is one strike away from joining the future endeavors club. Now is not the time to slip up and make foolish mistakes. Jeff needs to knuckle down and take this huge opportunity seriously.

Now, sadly a similar problem popped up with Lance Cade, but the WWE was not so understanding towards him. The blue chipper was immediately released with no fair warning and no slap on the wrist. I am still unsure of exactly what caused Lance Cade to go into seizures, but it is normally an indication of a serious often fatal medical condition. In Lances case the story was different. Often cocaine or even very strong marijuana can cause a person to temporarily pass out and wake up suffering from violent spasms of the limbs and head. After Cade was evaluated at the local hospital it was determined that his seizures were not medically related, yet rather drug related. Unfortunately for Cade he was not subjected to the 3 strike rule and was released on the spot. What a shame for this young man. He was in the midst of some very big things and some huge opportunities, yet could not keep himself out of trouble.

I can see a pattern forming here. It seems that some of the WWE's younger talent are not appreciative enough of the spots they are given. Cade was being given his biggest push to date, yet couldn't control his personal actions long enough to capitalize on the push. Many times we have read or heard about crazy in flight behavior involving past and present WWE talent. Names like Curt Hennig, William Regal, Brock Lesnar, and now Jeff Hardy and Lance Cade. It would appear to me that the WWE may have to "tighten the reigns" on the "entertainers". (I'll have more on that later!) I can understand wanting to have a few drinks before or on a long plane flight, but there is a fine line between a few social drinks and getting shitfaced to the point that you begin to act like an aircraft full of 6 foot tall 300lbs infants! I'm the last person to hassle someone for drinking to excess, but I am also not being paid vast amounts of cash to represent a multi-billion dollar company. Perhaps the WWE needs to have someone on hand to keep these bad apples in check. A veteran who knows the business and knows how to handle himself in professional situations. Not only do these instances make the WWE look bad in the public eye, but it creates a dangerous atmosphere for other passengers and the talent themselves.

I would like to see the WWE get a better handle on situations like this and prevent them from happening in the future. Granted there will always be slip ups. The business has always had a bit of a party type stigma and when you have a roster full of guys in their early 20's stuff is bound to happen. However there are ways to keep situations like this from getting out of hand or becoming too common place. I think it would be a great benefit to have more retired and respected veterans on the road with the rookies. Not only will they help to keep things in check, but they can pass on their enormous amount of knowledge on to the next generation. This is a win win position for the WWE. Keep the talent alive and teach them a better way of doing things.

Alright. Now I would like to talk about my newest pet peeve in the wrestling business, more specifically the WWE. A new rule has come about in World Wrestling Entertainment. The talent are no longer allowed to be referred to as "wrestlers" or even "sports entertainers" hell not even "superstars"! Vince would now like all talent to be referred to as "entertainers". I honestly got sick to my stomach when I heard Micheal Cole use that word last night during the Raw broadcast. To me it takes away all the realism and negates all the hard work put in by the performers. Yes they are entertainers, but first and foremost they are ATHLETES! I do not turn my TV on every Monday night to watch a 2 hour play! I tune in to watch a 2 hour WRESTLING program!!! What is the next step? Will the drop wrestling from the company name?

In an effort to skirt around state laws the WWE has bastardized the SPORT that I and so many others love passionately. This may not be a big deal to new fans, but to an old school guy like myself it is truly upsetting. I grew up watching the WWF the World Wrestling Federation. I miss calling it that. In casual conversation I still call the WWE the WWF. I hate that they are piece by piece disassembling the mystique and realism of a program I once looked at as as real and serious as it gets. They have taken something away from the talent by calling them merely entertainers. These men and women work damn hard to be respected as athletes in a world that has always refused to accept them as such. In my opinion this has removed even more of the mystery.

Recently Vince has gone on record as saying that he wanted "more realism" in the matches. He wants the talent to put up hands to block punches and change up their style to appear more realistic. OK, That sounds great to me! Then why the hell would you stop calling them wrestlers or even sports entertainers if you want reality? Calling them entertainers is no different than calling them actors. Pick a side and stick to it Mr. McMahon. Do you want to run a wrestling company or a traveling television drama?

I love the business of professional wrestling and I respect it. I respect every last person who has ever stepped between the ropes and risked their safety to entertain the WWE Universe. Words and names may be just words and names, but as we all know they do mean a great deal. What you call someone is how they are seen by the public. I for one would not want to be seen as merely and entertainer if I was a professional wrestler. I would be damn proud to be called a wrestler, but much less happy being called an entertainer. History is important in the business and it is my belief that the history of pro wrestling needs to be put at a higher value.

Well my friends, that's all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed the column and please don't hesitate to leave me some feedback, particularly on the subject of wrestlers becoming entertainers. I am interested to hear some of your thoughts on this subject. I wish you all a great week and a safe and fun Halloween. As I always say be good to each other and thank you for going "On The Mat" with me, Matt Henry.

Back